Amazon Rewards Visa Card Holder 20% or 10% off at Amazon on new order or preorder

blueweltall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
168 (100%)
Use promo code JUL20PER for 20% off or JUL10PER for 10% off during checkout.

-must be a Amazon Visa Rewards Cardholder

-new orders only

-eligible item that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com only

-max discount is $10 for 10%

-max discount is $20 for 20%

-One promotion code per eligible customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the promo code, now EVERY order with my visa is defaulting 20%0ff

Not sure if i want to go ahead and cancel my launch xboxone/ps4 games and reorder with the discount.
I'm having the same problem. What an unusual problem to have though, I'm not sure if I should be worried or enjoy my good fortune while it lasts. I used it once yesterday on something that is already charged to my card, but now I just made a couple pre-orders that I wanted to make that are getting the promo tacked on without my input. I couldn't remove the code as far as I could tell, and I didn't want to not place an order since the pre-order price for these items was likely to rise. I am contemplating canceling the orders and laying low for awhile, in case the Amazon police start knocking door-to-door.

Seriously though, I hope their mistake doesn't cost my account, or anyone else's. This is a pretty big mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if Chase themselves were potentially capable of locking cards for promotion abuse, even though it is not really the customer's fault in most situations.

I have the same issue now...It is auto applying the discount to anything I put in my cart...I ended up using the promo twice...I don't want to anger the amazon gods though.

the worst case scenario, amazon void the whole promotion, and thus cancelling all orders. since in the fine print, it says they reserves the right to cancel, and modify

You can apply on the Amazon website. I personally think it's worth it if you shop at Amazon a lot (which I do). There's no annual fee for the card, but unlike other cards they start charging interest right away. If you pay off the card at the end of the statement then there's really nothing to worry about. 3x the points for Amazon purchases has netted me something like ~75 bucks in rewards so far.
What do you mean they start charging interest right away? Like if I buy something today, but my statement doesn't come until September 1st I have to pay interest for all the days up to that point? Is there a way to pay off the purchase the same day so interest doesn't accrue?

What do you mean they start charging interest right away? Like if I buy something today, but my statement doesn't come until September 1st I have to pay interest for all the days up to that point? Is there a way to pay off the purchase the same day so interest doesn't accrue?
Interest starts at the end of the billing cycle for the month. If you buy today, your charge will be on august, and you receive the bill for this month on the first week of the next month. It will have a date on it that you have to pay on or before in order to avoid interest. Usually if you order in august you'll get a bill that has to be payed by september 20-something. I think he means that some cards have a grace period of a few days or week where interest won't start accruing. I could be wrong though, I never let the credit companies get interest from me if I can help it.

Interest starts at the end of the billing cycle for the month. If you buy today, your charge will be on august, and you receive the bill for this month on the first week of the next month. It will have a date on it that you have to pay on or before in order to avoid interest. Usually if you order in august you'll get a bill that has to be payed by september 20-something. I think he means that some cards have a grace period of a few days or week where interest won't start accruing. I could be wrong though, I never let the credit companies get interest from me if I can help it.
That would make more sense, didn't realize he was talking about grace days. I plan on paying off as soon as I get the bill in full to avoid interest.

I used it on pre-orders for Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Pretty nice deal. Unlike other users, though, it's not automatically applying the discount to everything I'm putting in my cart.

Unless you carry a balance, the amazon visa gives you about 25 days grace period.

Anyway, the point is, Amazon will not give two shits about you even if you spend $100k a year on the site.
Why do you have to be so goddamn cynical and depressing? I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon treating me right as a customer whenever I needed help. I even got a full refund on a $3500 TV.

And who are YOU? Do you work for Amazon? Are you invested in their competition? WTF seriously.

Why do you have to be so goddamn cynical and depressing? I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon treating me right as a customer whenever I needed help. I even got a full refund on a $3500 TV.

And who are YOU? Do you work for Amazon? Are you invested in their competition? WTF seriously.
not sure that works in your favor.

I imagine whenever you call amazon, there's a screen that has your vital stats on it, including:

revenue #orders and total

returns # and total

customer service transactions

any of those ratios go out of whack and you aren't the great customer you think you are.

A great customer isn't simply one that buys a lot of shit.

also, whats with accusing someone of working for the competition whenever there's a disagreement? I see that a lot on CAG. "Oh you must own stock with ____" :roll:

I worded that poorly. If you have a balance at the end of your statement cycle, you'll be charged interest. The Amazon Visa doesn't give you 12-18 months 0% interest like many other cards do. You get no 0% interest promos with this card. That's what I meant. I still love the card though and use it for all my Amazon purchases and most of my restaurant/drug store purchases.

I just use the points for Amazon purchases since I'm always shopping there.

Well its still auto applying the discount a day later. Im really surprised they havent done something about this by now. 

Well its still auto applying the discount a day later. Im really surprised they havent done something about this by now.
That's why I'm not worried about being "banned". At worst they will cancel all the outstanding orders that used the code. It's also not as if it's some kind of "exploit" people are using -- and 24 hours later, it's still working. I can't imagine with all the people they have working there and this being all over the net that they wouldn't have axed it by now if they wanted to.

Because not everyone has a an amazon credit card, so even though it on CAG and SD not everyone can abuse it.

It's a fact that Amazon has and will ban people, but everything else about how often it happens and what exactly triggers it is all speculation.

Has anyone actually had an order ship yet that had the discount applied? I have two items that are "shipping now" but they've been that way for a few hours.

It's a fact that Amazon has and will ban people, but everything else about how often it happens and what exactly triggers it is all speculation.
Agreed, but this isnt something that is being "abused" by most people.

Its applying the discount on every order without typing in a code. If i use my discover card, nothing, when i switch to my amazon visa, instant 20%. Ive logged in and out maybe 15 times since, at this point, i have no option but to use the discount (or another card). I dont see them banning over this, seeing as its a glitch on their site. Worst case, they cancel the orders/remove the discount.

Agreed, but this isnt something that is being "abused" by most people.

Its applying the discount on every order without typing in a code. If i use my discover card, nothing, when i switch to my amazon visa, instant 20%. Ive logged in and out maybe 15 times since, at this point, i have no option but to use the discount (or another card). I dont see them banning over this, seeing as its a glitch on their site. Worst case, they cancel the orders/remove the discount.

Pretty much this. I've been ordering stuff and without realizing it, the discount was applied. The only way it gets knocked off, temporarily, is if I change credit cards...but I want my Amazon points.

I think Amazon tends to ban people based on abuse of their return policy or people trying all the time to get "concessions," or using multiple accounts to buy quantity restricted items. Most of CAG is probably in the high risk zone regardless of dollar purchase amounts. They also have a skeleton staff armed with analytics to take care of these things, meaning they will almost never go through a full due diligence process to determine if your banning was "wrong" or can be rationalized a certain way.

I have an Amazon business account card but apparently that doesn't work, so just signed up for the Rewards Card. Got the $50 credit, and now ordering a few things that cost $96.50 each that I've been wanting for a while and never drop in price.

Thanks OP. Used mine towards the Madden Anniversary Edition. FIrst time preordering a Madden game but that NFL Sunday ticket deal is too good to pass up. Saved $22 with this promotion. I'm so tempted to use the code again since I want the Watch Dogs LE bundle.

Does anyone really think Amazon isn't aware this is happening -- over 24 hours later, with every site from Slickdeals to Fatwallet and back again posting it? They'd have to ban probably thousands of accounts by this point for something that, right now, I don't even need to re-type the code in order to get the discount (as you said). That's not exactly an "exploit", and it's all over the net...it's not like a dozen people are aware it's happening.

I don't get why people are spreading rumors regarding Amazon banning people. It won't happen. Period. We are using their own card. Worst case scenario, the orders will be cancelled. But then people will report the incident to the BBB. And then we'll get the credit back. End of story.

I don't get why people are spreading rumors regarding Amazon banning people. It won't happen. Period. We are using their own card. Worst case scenario, the orders will be cancelled. But then people will report the incident to the BBB. And then we'll get the credit back. End of story.
Uh, no. The BBB is worthless and Amazon could care less about a BBB complaint. Amazon has also banned many people for various reasons before. I don't know that they would ban someone for taking advantage of this promo in excess, but given that Amazon wasn't profitable in its last reporting period, they sure aren't looking to sell tons of games at or below cost.

Who said anyone was banned from this promo?

But if you think amazon has never banned anyone, you're so wrong. They do ban perpetual abusers of their policies.

Also, lol @ BBB.

Edit: Bojay beat me to it.

BBB comments, yeah, you need to understand what the BBB is. 

Basically, paid reviews/ratings. As long as a business pays their fee, they maintain an A rank, regardless of complaints. No one cares about the BBB. They work on behalf of the company, but claim to be on the side of the consumer. 

My business was a BBB member for 5 years, honestly, all the BBB cares about is that fee from the company. They will not do anything to jeopardize that monthly/annual fee.

If you think the BBB has your back, you couldn't be more wrong. 

No ones going to get banned, you really think Amazon is going to ban a bunch of people for saving $12 a piece on $60 games.  Worse case the orders will just get cancelled.

Don't panic and carry on.

Yeah, I doubt anyone will get banned from this. When they had the penny game fiasco no one got banned, Amazon cancelled most of the orders, but quite a few still went through. But the idea that amazon has never banned anyone is false.

Can't get the coupon code to work , I have my amazon card selected and it's an eligible item . Just says Promotional code You entered can't be applied To your purchase . Am I missing something ?
Nvm just realized you have to go through to the final checkout screen and enter the promo code there .

Can't get the coupon code to work , I have my amazon card selected and it's an eligible item . Just says Promotional code You entered can't be applied To your purchase . Am I missing something ?
Nvm just realized you have to go through to the final checkout screen and enter the promo code there .
i means amazon killed it, if that is the case.

Uh, well I caved in and tried to cancel my couple of preorders and try the 10 and 20% coupons again, but it seems I can't get them to work again with my Amazon card.  I was only able to use each code once, for two separate orders.  Oh well, maybe Amazon is locking down on using them too much now.

Yup they just locked it like 10 minutes ago. I was in the middle of debating whether to get more games and the code was working. Went back to change something and it has been disabled. Each code is only working once.

I went a little crazy with my card but time will tell. They are still making a ton of money even with 20% off
They run at about a 1% profit margin, one of the lowest profit margins in retail. Knocking 20% off is likely putting them in the red for your purchase, but they are the masters of "making it up in volume".

I used the discount for a spice rack, spice carousel, some spice jars, a bread box, salt and pepper shakers and a fruit tree... Yes, it is game related, because now my girlfriend is satisfied that I will spend money on her, so I can continue to spend money on games. :)

I doubt we'll see another % off promotion this generous for quite some time. Now we wait to see if any pre-orders will get axed in the coming days or weeks.

I doubt we'll see another % off promotion this generous for quite some time. Now we wait to see if any pre-orders will get axed in the coming days or weeks.
I'm hoping my now discounted PS4 launch bundle won't get cancelled... had to cancel my original Launch Day edition to preorder the Knack Bundle instead for $20 off.

Why didn't you just order Knack for $12 off?
Well, $20 off is more than $12 off :) In any case, I'm not too concerned, as I only used the two codes once each on two orders, unlike others that apparently went ballistic with orders/preorders.

bread's done
Back