AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Sucks we only get such a small taste on Halloween. They should have premiered it earlier and had a marathon on 10/31.

for those of you who cant wait theres a video of the series premeire floating around the web. the quality isnt hd but its good.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you who cant wait theres a video of the series premeire floating around the web. the quality isnt hd but its good.[/QUOTE]
Cool. I don't have AMC and need to watch this. Gonna look for it and have it ready to watch on Halloween.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Cool. I don't have AMC and need to watch this. Gonna look for it and have it ready to watch on Halloween.[/QUOTE]

they did a good job with it my only gripe was the
cgi blood when they do headshots.

Can anyone weigh in on video content from ps3, itunes, amazon et al? Which is easiest? I use amazon for purchases but never digital media. And I don't have itunes, but do have a ps3

in terms of easy i really don't see it getting any easier than the consoles. I've bought free media from the PSN before and there's really not much to complain about. it plays. it's smooth. and in two days it expired. and I can pretty much guarantee that experience for anyone else with a PS3.

having a dead file two days later sucks obviously and I dont know how the pricing compares so it may not be the best solution but if money isn't the issue i challenge anyone to find anything easier then buying from the PSN/(and presumably XBL) no worries about if it will play or if you have the right codecs etc.

the decision makers are going to be stuff like pricing (esp for entire seasons of a television show), speed (how soon they appear), selection (will it even be there). And those I can't speak on because I really don't buy digital media all that often but in terms of ease. I maintain my stance.

Actually amazon has given me credits for the video store I used it for GL: New Frontier. A very enjoyable experience. The fact that the movie is fantastic obviously helped but it played perfectly fine in my browser. I think it even remembered my position. and if ya'll have heard me say one thing it's about how ancient the tech i use is.

iTunes is alright. well ok fine it's bloated now. no getting around that but as a store it's alright provided you enjoy Quicktime. if you're ok with Quicktime then maybe you can think about iTunes I'm not 100% sure those purchases (not counting the iTunes+ DRM free music*) will even work outside of Quicktime so it's play them in the iTunes program or on an apple device or don't bother. Since i use iTunes that's fine with me but since you don't.. that might be a thing.

*cause someone would bring that up

Amazon's pretty cool. I bought the first season of The Colony using accumulated VOD credit. It can be streamed really easy to a PS3 using PlayOn.

Here was the first Episode before a mod removed it, edited my comment, and silenced me - I know i shouldn't have posted this but i did anyway. See you in a week!

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you buy the content on PSN it expires?

I would prefer to keep the content :/. Can you put amazon content on a flash and watch on ps3?

Tbhis is all probably worth a thread on its own :/

You could try Veetle.com as a long shot since it's Halloween and everyone loves zombies it could be live... I use it to watch all big PPVs and of course MNF and sports while i'm at work.

SUPER pumped for this show, I loved the comics and I don't even like comics. A friend sent me a link to the first couple issues and I got hooked. Haven't seen any since around the 30's I think... Whenever they held up in the jail...

Passed on the chance to see Saw 3D with my friends to stay home and watch this (torrents are out of the question, since I'm on DSL)

Hopefully it'll be good.

some stuff on PSN you can rent some stuff you can own. the free stuff was rental.

i don't remember amazon but i'm pretty sure it was in the browser.. if not then you should be able to copy it over.. don't know if it'll play on the PS3. Try the PS3 Questions and Answers thread The ManaKnight should be able to tell ya.

Amazon content will play on the PS3. Using PlayOn, you just go in the program's settings on your computer and input your Amazon login. Then from the PS3, you can go directly into your "library" and stream whatever you bought. The only thing that sucks is you have to use Sony's piece of shit XMB to navigate.

I know nothing about the comics and haven't heard about it at all, but I'm watching the premiere right now. It's absolutely amazing so far IMO.

So these zombies will eat anything that's alive? It took Romero six movies to get his zombies to eat something other than people
they finally got them to eat a horse at the end of Survival of the Dead
. Well, unless you count the centipede that one of them ate in the original Night of the Living Dead.

[quote name='2DMention']Pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did anybody go to the site to win the walk on role? It doesn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

didn't work for me. It looks like its being overloaded.

hehahaha 2nd time this has come up. not sure if there's an online source yet since after all this is the premiere. based on Breaking Bad I'm going to assume it will NOT be on AMC's website but I do think it should be on the pay sources like PSN/Amazon/iTunes/XBL. As for Hulu... anyone's guess.

Good stuff but it looks like the first season is only covering the first trade paperback. Hopefully the show's around long enough to get to The Governor storyline.

Well, my expectations were pretty high, and I feel pretty happy with it. I like that it's not getting away from the fact that the comics are about the people, not the zombies. Favorite moment:
The added (from the comic) scene in which Morgan tries to convince himself to shoot his wife. I felt it nailed the human component of the story
My least favorite part:
Making the Shane and Lori angle way too overt way too soon. Shane's actions after Rick arrived told us everything we needed to know in the comics. Actually, they're telegraphing Shane as the asshole a bit too much overall this early in the game. That's my only real complaint though.
Overall, I'm really looking forward to next week, and I wish the season was going to be longer. No way I'm going to get my fill with so few episodes.

Watched it and watched the replay of it. So, so, so good. I haven't been this excited for "next week" since the days of 24.

Is there really only six seasons this season!? If they're all 90 minutes, that's still a good solid 8 hours or so (you have to factor in the commercial breaks), which I guess isn't bad for a first season, but come on.

Never heard of this till tonight...thinking about buying the first volume of the book...but its costly. Any you guys know if the books cheaper before the show?

*edit* Just saw a whole thread dedicated to comic books. Great show...really revitalized interest in 'zombie' genre (I'm not sure if that is an actual genre).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dejeckt']Never heard of this till tonight...thinking about buying the first volume of the book...but its costly. Any you guys know if the books cheaper before the show?

*edit* Just saw a whole thread dedicated to comic books. Great show...really revitalized interest in 'zombie' genre (I'm not sure if that is an actual genre).[/QUOTE]

if you do buy the comics buy this because it puts all the volumes together in a single cheaper price

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-...0760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288608127&sr=8-1

[quote name='Scorch']Watched it and watched the replay of it. So, so, so good. I haven't been this excited for "next week" since the days of 24.

Is there really only six seasons this season!? If they're all 90 minutes, that's still a good solid 8 hours or so (you have to factor in the commercial breaks), which I guess isn't bad for a first season, but come on.[/QUOTE]

I was doing some research on the series last night and found out AMC had originally ordered 6 episodes, but they ordered 6 more before the pilot aired. Rumor says they'll start filming season 2 sometime soon.

I loved the premiere. I thought Andrew Lincoln did a fantastic job as Rick. Everything with Morgan was really good as well. Can't wait for next week.
[quote name='ChernobylCow']I wouldn't get that because it's stupidly fat and would be very clumsy to read.[/QUOTE]
I picked it up a few weeks ago, I think it feels fine. I like having it all in one place.

Although I do pretty much all of my reading at home. I can see how it'd be cumbersome to haul that thing around.

I read that season 2 is supposed to start filming February 2011. Supposedly the seasons after this will be 13 episodes long.

Watched about half of the first episode last night. Except it wasn't in HD (fuck you, DirecTV). Pretty good so far.

I haven't read the comics (graphic novels?), so I have no frame of reference.

I don't think they telegraphed what's his face too badly. and while there was a fair amount of Zombie action I think for a pilot episode they did a pretty nice job of focusing on the human element. It remains to be seen if they can keep that focus or if it will spiral out of control like Resident Evil (not to imply that didn't start out sorta out of control in the first place).

but I did reaLLY like that last scene with Morgan as well.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I don't think they telegraphed what's his face too badly.[/QUOTE]

Not having read the comic, I didn't have much of a clue as to how much time had actually passed. It's a crazy time, and I'd imagine you'd be looking for most any sort of comfort (ecstatic over a hot shower).

The kiss was counter-balanced by the fact that he was also looking after the son's wellbeing.

[quote name='Scorch']Is there really only six seasons this season!? If they're all 90 minutes, that's still a good solid 8 hours or so (you have to factor in the commercial breaks), which I guess isn't bad for a first season, but come on.[/QUOTE]

The next 2 episodes are only 1 hour. The schedule is on amctv.com and has it airing at 10 then replaying at 11.

[quote name='shieryda']Watched about half of the first episode last night. Except it wasn't in HD (fuck you, DirecTV). Pretty good so far.[/QUOTE]

I was watching it on AMC HD and I felt I was watching SD. It was kinda grainy at points.

[quote name='shieryda']Watched about half of the first episode last night. Except it wasn't in HD (fuck you, DirecTV). Pretty good so far.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, between this and them dropping channels without notifying me, their retention dept. is going to be given hell from me today.

I thought this episode was really good. I was kinda put off by the blatant parallels to the beginning 28 Days Later, but admittedly it helped to set the tone.

I like that there was some character development right at the sart to let you know that this was about the people and not the zombies. It really helps to set this story apart from other stories in this genre.

I wish the trailers hadn't spoiled Atlanta being overrun with zombies, since that was a pretty crucial plotpoint and motivation for the protaginist and would have been a nice suckerpunch for the audience (though let's be honest, it wouldn't have come as a real surprise to anyone genre savvy enough).

I really liked the preview for the season. I'm really excited to see how things turn out.

P.S. How does a tank lose to a pack of zombies?????

bread's done
Back