AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Wow, is this still the same show that aired on Halloween? Terrible, wooden acting and absolutely no plot development. Other than Glenn, whom I shall now refer to as 'Short Round', the cast was completely uninteresting this episode. And what the hell is with the main character's wife?
Last time I checked, he was only out cold for maybe a week when the outbreak occurred and now she's fucking his partner? I'm guessing she was already cheating on him way before the event. What a slut.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, is this still the same show that aired on Halloween? Terrible, wooden acting and absolutely no plot development. Other than Glenn, whom I shall now refer to as 'Short Round', the cast was completely uninteresting this episode. And what the hell is with the main character's wife?
Last time I checked, he was only out cold for maybe a week when the outbreak occurred and now she's fucking his partner? I'm guessing she was already cheating on him way before the event. What a slut.
[/QUOTE]

I agree somewhat. Short Round made the show, but the rest were forgettable. The sewer scene had such potential but failed to deliver. I'll continue watching this however.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, is this still the same show that aired on Halloween? Terrible, wooden acting and absolutely no plot development. Other than Glenn, whom I shall now refer to as 'Short Round', the cast was completely uninteresting this episode. And what the hell is with the main character's wife?
[/QUOTE]

At least in the books, she only slept with Shane once and regards it as one of the worst things she ever did. It only shows you in flashbacks, but it apparently happens as they're escaping the city. Plus, most of the characters from todays show never existed in the comics. Same with what actually happens during the entire episode, since in the books Glenn takes Rick straight to Lori as soon as he helps him escape.

[/QUOTE]

Is regards to your spoiler
in the comics it was a one time thing but in the TV show they were really enjoying it like they have "bumped uglies" as that one guy would say. I don't know if they are changing it from the book or just bad acting

As for the complaint about it being uninteresting. I think this episode was more to show what they had to do to survive against the zombies and the tension and stress between people. Not everyone watching has read the comics so they need to build on the interaction with zombies and the problems it causes.

Question
Did Rick ever use the grenade he picked up in the truck?

Is anyone else disappointed with the picture quality of the show?

[quote name='mtxbass1']I agree somewhat. Short Round made the show, but the rest were forgettable. The sewer scene had such potential but failed to deliver. I'll continue watching this however.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I dubbed him Ash Ketchum.

Weak episode but not a show breaker, i'll continue to watch.

Edit:
No he didn't use that grenade which was kinda weird, pick it up and don't toss it in a crowd of zombies . Deleted scene maybe?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']
At least in the books, she only slept with Shane once and regards it as one of the worst things she ever did. It only shows you in flashbacks, but it apparently happens as they're escaping the city. Plus, most of the characters from todays show never existed in the comics. Same with what actually happens during the entire episode, since in the books Glenn takes Rick straight to Lori as soon as he helps him escape.
[/QUOTE][quote name='PenguinoMF']Is regards to your spoiler
in the comics it was a one time thing but in the TV show they were really enjoying it like they have "bumped uglies" as that one guy would say. I don't know if they are changing it from the book or just bad acting
[/QUOTE]
Lol, well it sure didn't look like it was a one time thing. The entire opening sequence was unnecessary and just set the tone for the rest of the episode.
As for the complaint about it being uninteresting. I think this episode was more to show what they had to do to survive against the zombies and the tension and stress between people. Not everyone watching has read the comics so they need to build on the interaction with zombies and the problems it causes.
Oh please, it's the zombie apocalypse. We don't need an entire episode devoted to survival tips, we need exposition.

Weak episode indeed... from the comic's perspective. I honestly did not expect such a departure from the source material, but on its own the episode was fine. I am mildly turned off that the zombies move so quickly and that some are carrying rocks to bash through windows, or able to climb fences... but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='Kreutz']Weak episode indeed... from the comic's perspective. I honestly did not expect such a departure from the source material, but on its own the episode was fine. I am mildly turned off that the zombies move so quickly and that some are carrying rocks to bash through windows, or able to climb fences... but otherwise I really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Same. I don't think you'd see any of that shit in the books.

I was really disappointed by tonight's episode. I don't really feel like typing up all the problems I have with it but that's probably the biggest difference in quality between two episodes that I've ever seen in a TV show like this.

[quote name='Kreutz']Weak episode indeed... from the comic's perspective. I honestly did not expect such a departure from the source material, but on its own the episode was fine. I am mildly turned off that the zombies move so quickly and that some are carrying rocks to bash through windows, or able to climb fences... but otherwise I really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the zombie carrying the rock completely pulled me out of the show. With a dozen plus zombies banging on a door did we really need one with a rock too? Was the horde banging not enough of a threat?

Yeah, it wasn't as good, but it's still miles better than anything else on. Dexter was also exceptionally weak tonight.

I havent read the comics but I thought tonight's episode was pretty good, not as good as last week's though.

[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have been a week. Look at the plant when Shane brought it in and when Rick looked at it when he woke up. It couldnt have wilted that fast within a week, I'd say probably around a month or so is more like it.

awesome episodes ended way to quick. still wondering why
he didnt use the grenade but maybe he will use it down the road.
also why the hell is
andrea so old? i always figure her for her early to mid 20 not late 30s to early 40s.

I try not to think about the comic when I watch the show even tho I have only read the first volume. There was no doubt in my mind that the show was going to change somethings considerably from the comic so I don't mind the changes. Even if I ignore the comic tho, Rick's wife is a fucking whore. The first episode made me think that she was already cheating on Rick, there was something weird about the way Shane was talking to Rick in the Pilot. I liked that they changed what happened in the comic but still used the same ideas. They used the Zombie blood to cover their smell just like in the book but in different situations and Glen said that he always used to go into the city by himself. I really liked the episode and I thought it went by really fast. Again, I think that those of us that have read the comic should try to enjoy the TV show for what it is and not try to compare it to the comic.

I like everything about this show besides the Sheriff's wife, never liked her in Prison Break (then again Prison Break was a letdown after season 1, talk about the worst ending ever).

Yeah, I found all of that a bit weird. My parents were over for dinner and so I ended up watching the episode with my dad. His only foray into any sort of zombie focused media is the old Romero movies, so he kept asking things like "Wait, they can do that? Since when do zombies climb? They know to use something heavy to break the glass? They can run?" :lol:. Not to say zombies haven't been altered throughout the years, but from what I've read of the first compendium the "Walkers" seem to be more akin to those of Romero's universe.

I still enjoyed it a lot. Really loving Andrew Lincoln as Rick. The only moment I thought was a bit lame was when
T-Dog dropped the key for the handcuffs up on the roof right into that drain (or whatever it was). And in slow motion no less.

So did the
guy get left on the roof in the comics or was that changed for the show?
Judging from the preview aried afterward it looks like that's going to be a problem when they meet up with everyone else.

edit- Ah NVM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']
Couldnt have been a week. Look at the plant when Shane brought it in and when Rick looked at it when he woke up. It couldnt have wilted that fast within a week, I'd say probably around a month or so is more like it.
[/QUOTE]
Then I call bullshit. No way he could survive that long without proper nourishment.

So did anyone else notice Norman Reedus in next week's episode? Maybe a Boondock Saint can save the show. . .

I just think that if you're going to do a very small six episode season, then every episode should mean something. This one wouldn't bother me if it was one out of twenty-two like on network TV.

Last nights episode was fine, definitely wasn't as good as the premiere. However, I was constantly interested and will continue to watch the show. I'm curious to see how much the ratings fell off this week.

I don't really like Rick's wife and I absolutely loved her in the comic, but she is just bad in the show. I'm not really in agreement about the random characters tossed in. I personally loved TWD when it was just Rick and Glenn traversing Atlanta looking for supplies and a way out. Not a group of people. It just seems off. Way off.

[quote name='shieryda']Or run, for that matter.[/QUOTE]nah man they have running zombies that's not knew. MOST zombies remain shufflers but they had runners in.. Dawn of the Dead? in Resident Evil they had runners.

I've never read the comic, so I don't care too much as to whether or not it's faithful to the source material. I will say that I'm enjoying it so far.

I have to agree with others assessments about the main character's wife.

I haven't read the comic, but I'm liking the show. I don't mind the large cast of characters
since zombie survival rules dictate that most of them are going taken down in gory fashion before we become too attached to them anyway. I don't know if that applies to The Walking Dead universe, but it makes the most sense to me.

Also, I completely agree that Glenn is the adult Short Round. It's the first thing that popped into my head when I first looked at him.

Lol, at the expense of being a total nerd (too late!) I found out that 'Short Round' did the Korean soldier voicework for Crysis. Now every time I see him I'm going to hear the Korean screams from the game when I was spotted.

They certainly weren't being too careful during the
corpse chopping scene. Sure, Rick had on a face shield. But the rest of them were all standing over the corpse watching. "Don't get any in your eyes or on your skin." How could they not with gore splattering all over the place?

Glenn is most definitely Short Round. Hahaha. I didn't think of that till I saw this thread.

As a zombie enthusiast whos read just about every great zombie book (I just started the Walking Dead graphic novel as I don't typically read those), I have to say that the show is on the right track, if not moving a bit too slow for 6 episodes. I read in an article that the "Walkers" are supposed to be Romero zombies too, so the fact that they run is a bit of a disappointment . I hate running zombies. They make ZERO sense in undead form. 28 Days Later "Rage" zombies were fine because they weren't technically dead, just bat shit crazy with a zombie mentality. With rotting limbs and broken bones, there is no way a zombie could run, period. That is my major gripe to the core aspects of the show following the genre.

As far as characters go. They are pretty decent. The cop is a bit too goody-goody for my taste. I'm hoping some of that wears off after he gets used to the "New World" and he becomes a bit more realistic about the situation. I HATE his wife though. It's been a month or less and she's already screwing around heavily? Wtf is wrong with her? lol. No mourning at all? What a biatch. I hope she gets eaten by zombies tbh lol. But hey, I will say she will bring good drama to the show when they inevitably get reunited.

Lastly, the black guy (forgot his name. loved him in Jericho though). He seems like the most well-rounded character and what I think the realistic good guy is like. He is suspicious, protective, loyal, smart, helpful, and a family man. He's doesn't seem completely good like Rick does. He's the most well-written character I've seen so far and based on the casting choice, I'm gonna guess he plays a major role in the series.

I've been waiting for a zombie TV show for like 6-7 years now so this is extremely awesome to me. The show def isn't perfect, but it is SOOOO much better than the vast majority of shitty zombie movies out there.

With rotting limbs and broken bones, there is no way a zombie could run, period.

Wouldn't that be relevant as to how long they've been a zombie? Fresh zombies could be able to run.

Also, didn't realize that Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright were the zombies in the "Take a picture with a zombie" portion of that movie.

[quote name='Wolfkin']nah man they have running zombies that's not knew. MOST zombies remain shufflers but they had runners in.. Dawn of the Dead? in Resident Evil they had runners.[/QUOTE]

as far as the walking dead series goes none of them run its more about numbers than anything else but i guess they need runners or this show since itd be hard to pull together proper zombie horde numbers .

dawn 2004 had running zombies and the return of the living dead series had fast and intelligent zombies and he 28 days weeks series were fast but technically not zombies just infected people.

btw does anyone else no really care that much for most of the survivors at this point? rick is cool as was glenn but i hope they step it up with the personalities of he survivors because right now most of the could die and it wouldnt matter.

[quote name='lokizz']btw does anyone else no really care that much for most of the survivors at this point? rick is cool as was glenn but i hope they step it up with the personalities of he survivors because right now most of the could die and it wouldnt matter.[/QUOTE]
All I can say is if Short Round or the black guy from The Prisoner dies then the series is over for me. Everyone else is expendable.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Glenn is my favorite char so far, and I would have sex with Rick's wife on a dirt patch. Yum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was probably the most graphic sex scene I've seen on a TV show that wasn't late night TV (or is Walking Dead considered late night TV?) or HBO.

Woah woah woah. Zombies climbing fences? This is a huge departure from the source material because now they won't be able to
take refuge in the prison.

I was surprise with how much stuff the show got away with. The sex scene, N-word, middle fingers, and some other language. I know its on cable but I was surprised still.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Woah woah woah. Zombies climbing fences? This is a huge departure from the source material because now they won't be able to
take refuge in the prison.
[/QUOTE]

The fence they climbed was a very small chain link. I think a large
prison sized
fence would keep them at bay still...

At least Rick's wife felt some guilt during the sexin'. She did take off her necklace with the wedding ring on it.

Even if they
smelled "dead", why did Rick and Glenn have to shuffle to the end of the street? Wouldn't the zombies have left them along even if they were jogging? Also, have we seen the last of Glenn? He tore ass outta that city in the Charger!

[quote name='shieryda']At least Rick's wife felt some guilt during the sexin'. She did take off her necklace with the wedding ring on it.

Even if they
smelled "dead", why did Rick and Glenn have to shuffle to the end of the street? Wouldn't the zombies have left them along even if they were jogging? Also, have we seen the last of Glenn? He tore ass outta that city in the Charger!
[/QUOTE]

i thought that was unnecessary as well if the gore covered up their scent. Sure I wouldn't break out into a full blown run but a regular walk should have been just fine. My biggest problem with that entire scene though was that if they had two zombie torsos and everybody had jackets and gloves WTF didn't they all just gore up and walk out together?

[quote name='shieryda']At least Rick's wife felt some guilt during the sexin'. She did take off her necklace with the wedding ring on it.

Even if they
[/QUOTE]

Nah
I think Glenn just got ahead of them. I would wanna max that car out on an open freeway too lol.

[quote name='coolsteel']
i thought that was unnecessary as well if the gore covered up their scent. Sure I wouldn't break out into a full blown run but a regular walk should have been just fine. My biggest problem with that entire scene though was that if they had two zombie torsos and everybody had jackets and gloves WTF didn't they all just gore up and walk out together?
[/QUOTE]

Good point. At first, I thought they'd use
use the racist redneck as a distraction. Like throw his ass over the wall and let the zombie horde down below make a meal out of him.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Good point. At first, I thought they'd use
use the racist redneck as a distraction. Like throw his ass over the wall and let the zombie horde down below make a meal out of him.:D
[/QUOTE]

Yeah,
you know that Redneck is gonna get out of there tho. You can see there's a short pan from the camera to when one of the people knocked over the tools that had the hacksaw in it as they were escaping. I would bet that it fell within his range and he'll find a way out and get his revenge on someone (prolly the black guy). They will regret not throwing him to the zombies ;)

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah,
you know that Redneck is gonna get out of there tho. You can see there's a short pan from the camera to when one of the people knocked over the tools that had the hacksaw in it as they were escaping. I would bet that it fell within his range and he'll find a way out and get his revenge on someone (prolly the black guy). They will regret not throwing him to the zombies ;)
[/QUOTE]
That would actually be an interesting story arc, in a Most Dangerous Game kind of way.

Not as griping as the first episode but still good.

They seem to be taking a different approach towards the zombies. In the graphic novel I don't think I've seen any zombie run, climb, or use tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah,
[/QUOTE]
Well in the preview a guy who is apparently his brother gets pissed that they left him, so even if they don't see him agian there is trouble.

somebody should have died last night i think if someone had died ( whether sacrificing themselves so the rest could escape or just stupid bad luck) that episode would have been better and the point of how dangerous this world is would have been driven home.

[quote name='Clak']So did the
guy get left on the roof in the comics or was that changed for the show?
Judging from the preview aried afterward it looks like that's going to be a problem when they meet up with everyone else.

edit- Ah NVM.[/QUOTE]

Episode 2 was pretty much not in the comic at all. Haven't seen the preview but my guess is that if he was left alive he is going to come back and fuck something up

[quote name='shieryda']What the fuck?! In every zombie book I've ever read, they cannot use tools or climb fences. Or run, for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not in any books but plenty of movies have zombies doing this type of things, especially the George Romero movies. They use rocks and I think in one movie a zombie even uses a gun. I don't mind the fast walking, they aren't really running like 28 days later zombies, it seems that only the "fresher" looking zombies move faster tho.

Even if they
[/QUOTE]

Probably, but it seems they are going for the "smarter" zombies in the show. In the comic they did something similar and they were walking normally and talking and the zombies didn't care but I think the show's zombies are smarter and would've noticed that.

[quote name='lokizz']somebody should have died last night i think if someone had died ( whether sacrificing themselves so the rest could escape or just stupid bad luck) that episode would have been better and the point of how dangerous this world is would have been driven home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought someone was going to die for sure considering the amount of fatalities in the comics. That and they introduced several new characters most likely not important to the story, I figured at least one of those guys is toast.

bread's done
Back