AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='coolsteel']
My biggest problem with that entire scene though was that if they had two zombie torsos and everybody had jackets and gloves WTF didn't they all just gore up and walk out together?
[/QUOTE]

I asked myself the same thing. Presumably they wouldn't have been able to carry any or all of the supplies they had come into the city to loot in the first place had they all walked out there.

[quote name='Scorch']beep beep.. this just in.. Walking Dead receives a 4.7 rating last night (very minimal dropoff from last week) and AMC has just issued an order for a 13 episode second season..

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/0...eason-two-as-second-episode-big-ratings/71238[/QUOTE]

Woo! But damn, only 13 episodes? They are really skimping on season length. I've seen longer shows during the writer's strike. I guess it'll have to do tho =(. Maybe season 3 will be a standard 20-ish episodes.

[quote name='Darknuke']Woo! But damn, only 13 episodes? They are really skimping on season length. I've seen longer shows during the writer's strike. I guess it'll have to do tho =(. Maybe season 3 will be a standard 20-ish episodes.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the norm with 1 hour shows. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter and many others are all 13 episodes or less per season.

[quote name='Darknuke']Woo! But damn, only 13 episodes? They are really skimping on season length. I've seen longer shows during the writer's strike. I guess it'll have to do tho =(. Maybe season 3 will be a standard 20-ish episodes.[/QUOTE]

13 Episodes is the AMC standard. Mad Men and Breaking Bad have 13 episodes in a season and I doubt we are going to get any more than that.

I've noticed a lot of American shows seem to be adopting season lengths similar to those of British shows.

yeah.. shows that have hour long episodes usually have 13 episode seasons..

except for 24. cuz, you know, Jack Bauer and whatnot.

[quote name='eliter1']13 Episodes is the AMC standard. Mad Men and Breaking Bad have 13 episodes in a season and I doubt we are going to get any more than that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm pretty new to AMC. I watched 2 episodes of Mad Men and got bored of it and I haven't gotten a chance to watch Breaking Bad yet (been meaning to). I guess I'm just more used to 30 minute shows being 20+ episodes. Now that I think about it more, I recall a lot of the 1 hour shows being 13-15. Some exceptions being Battlestar Galactica, Prison Break, and Fringe. Though shows like Jericho, V, Stargate: Universe, and Dexter were in the 13-ish range.

[quote name='Clak']I've noticed a lot of American shows seem to be adopting season lengths similar to those of British shows.[/QUOTE]That's primarily cable channel shows, such as:
Stargate Universe
True Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Haven
Warehouse 13
Nurse Jackie
Hung
Mad Men
Rubicon

Only ones I've seen recently buck that trend:
Bored To Death

Broadcast networks order shows for their seasons with the first thirteen episodes, and if it lasts, the back 9-11, depending on the show and network. As we know, sometimes it doesn't even make it that far.

[quote name='billyrox']Anyone know how i can watch episode 2 online.. can't find it on amc.com[/QUOTE]They only hosted the first one. You'd have to buy it from somewhere to view it (Zune Marketplace, iTunes, Amazon VOD, etc.) or find someone you know with AMC to watch it with / put it DVD for you.

[quote name='billyrox']Anyone know how i can watch episode 2 online.. can't find it on amc.com[/QUOTE]

check sidereel.com they have alot of shows streamed online.

[quote name='billyrox']Anyone know how i can watch episode 2 online.. can't find it on amc.com[/QUOTE]

They (sell/rent?) the episodes on PSN and XBL too.

I found my extra shows On Demand with Charter.... I think it's standard if you have the digital box/remote.

I'll have to catch up...

I don't think I ever flipped on a TV show so quickly. Everything I liked about the first episode was absent from the second episode and the focus was on the introduction of cliche characters, horrible acting/dialog and crazy situations. I think I'm just going to pretend
the sheriff was eaten with the horse
and cut my losses.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Each episode has a different director and writers so anyone that didn't like episode 2 should give it at least another week.[/QUOTE]

Really? That just seems dumb... That's going to totally throw off the style and feel of the show and ultimately be its main downfall if it has one.

I will still watch it no matter how bad it gets though, because ultimately, it will be far superior to 95% of the zombie movies out there.

[quote name='Darknuke']I will still watch it no matter how bad it gets though, because ultimately, it will be far superior to 95% of the zombie movies out there.[/QUOTE]

That's not saying much. (Only a few zombie movies aren't complete trash)

[quote name='Sporadic']...

That's not saying much. (Only a few zombie movies aren't complete trash)[/QUOTE]

my point exactly lol. This is going to be the creme of the crop compared to the rest, so no matter how bad it is, I will still watch the whole thing through. Though with that said, it's turning out to be a pretty damn good show.

actually theres a number of good and great zombie flicks out here a few of which come from other countries. i hope that diff director thing doesnt bite them in the ass later if the differences between episode quality are anything like this past episode and the first im worried for the series.

[quote name='Jodou']Then I call bullshit. No way he could survive that long without proper nourishment.

So did anyone else notice Norman Reedus in next week's episode? Maybe a Boondock Saint can save the show. . .[/QUOTE]

You know he was hooked up to the IV right? And hospitals have emergency back up power, and you can see that in the show because the hospital lights were flickering on and off.

I was also thrown off by the zombies' ability to do things; the rock smashing and fence climbing. The fast walk didn't bother me. Also like others, I'm surprised at how much liberty they've taken with the source material. Still, I'm enjoying it. I'm still surprised at the amount of violence and sex that AMC is getting away with on the show.

[quote name='Scorch']beep beep.. this just in.. Walking Dead receives a 4.7 rating last night (very minimal dropoff from last week) and AMC has just issued an order for a 13 episode second season..

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/0...eason-two-as-second-episode-big-ratings/71238[/QUOTE]

:applause: I was actually worried about the drop off. I guess next week will be the moment of truth, seeing how a decent number of CAGs on this thread did not like this episode.

Strangely enough, I liked this episode. Sure it changed quite a bit from the Comic, but it was still enjoyable. The slow build with them trapped in the store seemed like an homage to Dawn of the Dead, while the racial tension seemed to be a tribute to Night of the Living Dead (or just blatant thievery depending on your point of view). It all lead up to a solid ending, while giving us something to look forward to next week.

The way the season is structured it'll probably end with
Shane getting shot by Ricks son.
It's a climatic end to the first arc in the comics and it'll definitely be a major moment for the season.

The second episode might not have been as strong as the first, but it was good enough to keep me watching.

[quote name='Sporadic']I don't think I ever flipped on a TV show so quickly. Everything I liked about the first episode was absent from the second episode and the focus was on the introduction of cliche characters, horrible acting/dialog and crazy situations. I think I'm just going to pretend
the sheriff was eaten with the horse
and cut my losses.[/QUOTE]

To be honest
most of the cliche characters are just seemingly Zombie fodder and to pad out what would otherwise be a bare bones season
. Crazy situations are what drives TV series in the first place. One of the joys of the Comic series is seeing what new crazy stuff goes down each issue. If you thought this episode was nuts just wait, later plot points make this episode look tame by comparison.

have been reading TWD since issue 1 and have to say I am very impressed with the way the show is turning out thus far. I am interested and can't wait to see more episodes like when
carl shoots and kills shane, rick getting his arm chopped off and michonne dicing up the governer
we haven't seen anything yet this show is just gettin started. Also you can get the episodes off myvideolinks.com just go to the Tv shows section :D

Sounds like this show hit the jackpot. Not only did they capture a huge audience, they got the most elusive demographic and held onto them so far.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Scroll to the top of this page...

But to save you some time, Season 1 and 2 will be 13 episodes apiece.[/QUOTE]
Season 2 will be 13 episodes but everything I've seen about Season 1 is that it is 6 episodes.

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah,
you know that Redneck is gonna get out of there tho. You can see there's a short pan from the camera to when one of the people knocked over the tools that had the hacksaw in it as they were escaping. I would bet that it fell within his range and he'll find a way out and get his revenge on someone (prolly the black guy). They will regret not throwing him to the zombies ;)
[/QUOTE]

Dixon
will most likely be hacking off his arm to escape. I think handcuffs are virtually indestructible (at least, cannot be cut with a saw). And you can bet he'll be out for vengeance.

[quote name='shieryda']Dixon
will most likely be hacking off his arm to escape. I think handcuffs are virtually indestructible (at least, cannot be cut with a saw). And you can bet he'll be out for vengeance.
[/QUOTE]

If he is seriously is able to reach that hacksaw, that'd be incredibly stupid. It's EXTREMELY clear that when the black guy knocked over the tool bag, it was way the fuck away from Dixon. Besides that, he can just saw that pipe he's connected to. Also, I'm pretty sure in the next episode, the gang goes back to get him...at least that's what the previews seem to indicate.

You know he was hooked up to the IV right? And hospitals have emergency back up power, and you can see that in the show because the hospital lights were flickering on and off.
What stopped the zombies from getting to him in the hospital?

I agree with one of the above posters. Even if this series goes downhill, I'll still watch it because its better than most zombie movies, and zombie movies are all we have.

[quote name='2DMention']
What stopped the zombies from getting to him in the hospital?

I agree with one of the above posters. Even if this series goes downhill, I'll still watch it because its better than most zombie movies, and zombie movies are all we have.[/QUOTE]

It's never fully explained in the comics either, but I think you can work with the assumption that somehow the hospital was able to get all the undead locked away in the cafeteria (as see in the show) and everyone else was able to get away?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
It's never fully explained in the comics either, but I think you can work with the assumption that somehow the hospital was able to get all the undead locked away in the cafeteria (as see in the show) and everyone else was able to get away?
[/QUOTE]

Or,
his door was closed and the zombies would have had to turn the knob to open it?

[quote name='2DMention']Or,
his door was closed and the zombies would have had to turn the knob to open it?
[/QUOTE]

The zombies can open doors. Remember the black guy's wife at the door turning the knob trying to get in?

I'm sure this has already been asked, but is the show online anywhere? It's not on-demand and it's not on AMC's website. I really want to catch up with "Guts" but had to miss the episode last week...

Sorry to break up the discussion!

as far as how he survived in the hospital I was working on the assumption that
since he wasn't moving, wasn't making noise and presumably everyone else was screaming and running away there was nothing to attract him to the undead. it's a mild stretch. He may smell like life but they never really got close enough to smell him and with all the noise going on outside they're probably more attracted to the live people fleeing them than the como dude not moving. I think I remember something even blocking his door? maybe? it wouldn't be enough to prevent them from breaking in but it would be enough to discourage them when easier prey is everywhere else.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I'm sure this has already been asked, but is the show online anywhere? It's not on-demand and it's not on AMC's website. I really want to catch up with "Guts" but had to miss the episode last week...

Sorry to break up the discussion![/QUOTE]

Get the season pass thru the Zune market place on xbox.

Anyone think in the future we might call him Governor Dixon?

[quote name='Wolfkin']as far as how he survived in the hospital I was working on the assumption that
since he wasn't moving, wasn't making noise and presumably everyone else was screaming and running away there was nothing to attract him to the undead. it's a mild stretch. He may smell like life but they never really got close enough to smell him and with all the noise going on outside they're probably more attracted to the live people fleeing them than the como dude not moving. I think I remember something even blocking his door? maybe? it wouldn't be enough to prevent them from breaking in but it would be enough to discourage them when easier prey is everywhere else.
[/QUOTE]

i always assumed he was locked in the room so thats why he survived. now how the guy survived in 28 days later is the bigger mystery.

I'm thin ing that the hospital staff shut him in to protect him. And there was a gurney or some such obstacle in front of the door.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm thin ing that the hospital staff shut him in to protect him. And there was a gurney or some such obstacle in front of the door.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Just watch the episode again, there's a gurney blocking the door that he had to push by.

Besides that, there were no dead in the hospital. Could be some survivors locked up some of the walkers, killed the rest and then headed to Atlanta after hearing about the centers posted up there.

Why is there so much discussion on the plausibility of the show in the first place?

Really big spoiler:
it's a piece of fiction

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Correct. Just watch the episode again, there's a gurney blocking the door that he had to push by.

Besides that, there were no dead in the hospital. Could be some survivors locked up some of the walkers, killed the rest and then headed to Atlanta after hearing about the centers posted up there.

Why is there so much discussion on the plausibility of the show in the first place?

Really big spoiler:
it's a piece of fiction
[/QUOTE]

Because it's fun. And because we're all trying to plan for when it actually happens to us.:D

I like this show because it loosely reminds me of left 4 dead 2

Yall can have all the arguments about reality vs fiction and the "what ifs" and all.....as long as people get killed and blood is pouring...I'm happy!

Holy shit I think I have a new favorite show; I can't believe how high the production values are for this. Great acting, creepy, funny, I love it all. The ending of episode one was probably one of the best zombie escape scenes ever but I was kind of turned off when the horse died. Now for episode 2! I love you AMC; first you give me breaking bad than you give me this.

Yeah, this show went from awesome to boring as shit. For only having six episodes this season, they're focusing on all the wrong stuff.

EDIT: about time a real actor showed up. Now if they could just lose the rag tag gang and focus on Reedus and Rick, there might be hope for this episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, this show went from awesome to boring as shit. For only having six episodes this season, they're focusing on all the wrong stuff.

EDIT: about time a real actor showed up. Now if they could just lose the rag tag gang and focus on Reedus and Shane, there might be hope for this episode.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is wrong with them detailing the story like they're doing? It's not always going to be about killing zombies.

[quote name='JMEPO']Holy shit I think I have a new favorite show; I can't believe how high the production values are for this. Great acting, creepy, funny, I love it all. The ending of episode one was probably one of the best zombie escape scenes ever but I was kind of turned off when the horse died. Now for episode 2! I love you AMC; first you give me breaking bad than you give me this.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you are going to be crushed when you watch the second episode.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What exactly is wrong with them detailing the story like they're doing? It's not always going to be about killing zombies.[/QUOTE]

its hard to get the sense of how dangerous the world is now and how theyre living on borrowed time with how things are going. it goes from being a show about people surviving in a world dominated by zombies to people living together with the occasional zombie showing up. i havent seen this new episode yet but somebody needs to die.

[quote name='lokizz']its hard to get the sense of how dangerous the world is now and how theyre living on borrowed time with how things are going. it goes from being a show about people surviving in a world dominated by zombies to people living together with the occasional zombie showing up. i havent seen this new episode yet but somebody needs to die.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. This show is focusing waaaaaaaaaay too much on real world problems, not survival. The first episode didn't have nor need racism, adultry, or any of this soap opera drama. It's just bad direction and unnecessary.

bread's done
Back