AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brettsp']My 6950 still plays everything max settings at 1080p. Confused why someone would need anything faster? Maybe I'm missing out on something....[/QUOTE]

Uhm because you aren't playing games at ultra and maxed settings.

any other questions?

[quote name='brettsp']My 6950 still plays everything max settings at 1080p. Confused why someone would need anything faster? Maybe I'm missing out on something....[/QUOTE]

Some of us also play on monitors that do better than 1080p.

Some people play on super widescreen (meaning 3 monitor set ups), or in 3D (which again, requires more power). Some people also have 120hz monitors.

[quote name='iamjash']picked up a 7850 today.

Selling these games makes me spend alot less money on the card ( 170 up front , 15 rebate and then selling these games) I get the card for roughly 100

I do not want these games so I will most likely through mine on ebay

that is bioshock infinite and tomb raider

what would you pay for those 2 on the ticket

my bet is somewhere around 60 for a nice deal on both[/QUOTE]

On Ebay you'll probably have no issues finding someone to pay $60 for both codes, on the trade thread here it'd probably be a bit more difficult. I was able to grab Far Cry 3 and AC3 for $30 total when they had first come out on the trade thread so hoping for another great deal like that.

When I did grab my 7870 there was a similar promo for Sleeping Dogs. But Amazon messed up and couldnt give me my game key so they just refunded $45 from my purchase (which was nice cause I had already beaten Sleeping Dogs on 360).

I seen these deals offered on Newegg and wanted to kick myself. I just picked up a 7950 about two weeks ago from the site. Already mailed in my $20 rebate claim so it's too late for even a return/rebuy. >_

Nice deal. Sadly though, my 5850 will still run things reasonably well, so it's hard to justify the purchase. I am hoping though to buy the games off someone here!

Quick question, while I am not in the market for a new rig/card atm, do these types of deals run often? I'm aware that generally you get one game bundled with a GPU at times but not two so I was just curious.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Quick question, while I am not in the market for a new rig/card atm, do these types of deals run often? I'm aware that generally you get one game bundled with a GPU at times but not two so I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be running pretty often lately. I believe there was another one recently that bundled Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman Absolution and I think it may have also come with Medal of Honor Warfighter as a 2 codes on one voucher with one of the other games.

What kind of performance upgrade would a 7950/70 be compared to my 3 gb 580 lightning?

I had a 6950 xfire before but ended up selling. I probably wouldn't crossfire again because of spacing issues until I change my motherboard.

[quote name='Cpt.Jeff']What kind of performance upgrade would a 7950/70 be compared to my 3 gb 580 lightning?

I had a 6950 xfire before but ended up selling. I probably wouldn't crossfire again because of spacing issues until I change my motherboard.[/QUOTE]

That's where I go to get a idea to start with.

http://www.hwcompare.com/11289/geforce-gtx-580-3gb-vs-radeon-hd-7970/

I am building a rig now and had all but decided on a 670 SLI config but theses deals may change my mind.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']They seem to be running pretty often lately. I believe there was another one recently that bundled Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman Absolution and I think it may have also come with Medal of Honor Warfighter as a 2 codes on one voucher with one of the other games.[/QUOTE]

U got that way wrong. The bundle was sleeping dogs far cry 3 and hit man absolution with 20% off moh warfighter lol like anyone wanted to buy it for forty bucks. This deal is better for the 7900 series because better games

[quote name='retrad']U got that way wrong. The bundle was sleeping dogs far cry 3 and hit man absolution with 20% off moh warfighter lol like anyone wanted to buy it for forty bucks. This deal is better for the 7900 series because better games[/QUOTE]

Way wrong? I substituted AC3 for SD, and was mistaken on the MOH promo. I do know FC3 and AC3 were bundled with some kid of card, may have been an nvidia promo though. I got the codes for $30 for both from a CAG.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Quick question, while I am not in the market for a new rig/card atm, do these types of deals run often? I'm aware that generally you get one game bundled with a GPU at times but not two so I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

This is the second 'Never Settle' bundle, only AMD is running the multiple game bundles. nVidia usually will bundle in a single game (used to be BL2, now it is AC3 I believe).

I doubt we will see the Never Settle bundles continue after the next-gen cards are released, right now they are just trying to clear the inventory.

Too bad that, as I've learned from extensive personal experience, Radeon cards are rubbish.
I'm now permanently in the Nvidia camp.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Too bad that, as I've learned from extensive personal experience, Radeon cards are rubbish.
I'm now permanently in the Nvidia camp.[/QUOTE]

This is a harsh generalization.

[quote name='espy605']Some people play on super widescreen (meaning 3 monitor set ups), or in 3D (which again, requires more power). Some people also have 120hz monitors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should get a multi-monitor gaming setup some day at home. I once had access to a 12 monitor vizwall at work a year or two ago. Had 12 dell 27 inch 2560x1440 monitors. Took 6 computers and 6 graphics cards to drive it. Think it used a rock linux distro as the OS...Never did find a game I could put on it before it was dismantled ...Oh well

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']This is a harsh generalization.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Nothing but pleased with my 7870 thus far

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Too bad that, as I've learned from extensive personal experience, Radeon cards are rubbish.

Generally speaking, Radeon cards offer the best dollar:performance ratio (and I say this as a loyal nVidia customer). Plus if you get certain XFX cards, they're one of the few left in the industry that still offer lifetime warranties (eVga is unfortunately phasing theirs out).

[quote name='espy605']Generally speaking, Radeon cards offer the best dollar:performance ratio (and I say this as a loyal nVidia customer). Plus if you get certain XFX cards, they're one of the few left in the industry that still offer lifetime warranties (eVga is unfortunately phasing theirs out).[/QUOTE] I can speak from experience with XFX they have amazing customer support that lifetime warranty is amazing. I had no trouble getting them to honor it.

Does anyone know if i can activate these games on steam i was looking into getting a 7870 to replace my 6850?

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']This is a harsh generalization.[/QUOTE]

Idk what cards you had but all my radeon cards have been great.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Way wrong? I substituted AC3 for SD, and was mistaken on the MOH promo. I do know FC3 and AC3 were bundled with some kid of card, may have been an nvidia promo though. I got the codes for $30 for both from a CAG.[/QUOTE]

yes way wrong... so wrong that you are completely unreliable for the facts. I mean why even bother answering when you so clearly have no ****ing clue.

I guess you dont look at any actual benchmarks and compare price for performance then. I get a sick ass card with 2 games one of which I was about to drop $60 bucks on anyway and Crysis 3 to bench mark my system which is a 3930k with 16GB of 2133 ddr3 ram quad channeled with an SSD and soon to be a XFX 7970 GHZ. If my system is rubbish Id like to see yours.

[quote name='Ps3akuma']
Does anyone know if i can activate these games on steam i was looking into getting a 7870 to replace my 6850?[/QUOTE]

Except for Crysis which is Origin, the others require Steam so not only can you activate them there but you have to.

If you get that big honkin 6 game pack from 2 7970s then Far Cry 3 is Uplay, but other than that and Crysis the rest are Steam.

got my xfx 7970 ghz edition today and ran metro 2033 everything max at 1080p dx11 except for physics and got 52 FPS.

not bad not bad at all.

cant wait to get my crysis 3 and bench my pc then.

anyone else got any benchmark suggestions? Im off to run 3dmark now.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5842826 dunno why it says 800mhz ram, cpuz says its running correctly at 1066mhz as its 2133 ddr3.

Got 1500 something on uniengine. Sick benchmark btw.

Hmm this deal seems pretty good. Coincidently im actually about to get a new computer. I was gonna build one but i think i may honestly just buy one. Probably through Falcon NW or something.

I gotta do some research though, i havent checked in on components in a while. Is Nvidia or ATI on top these days for graphics cards? They kept ping ponging back and forth last time i was up on this stuff. I tend to have historiclly had a bit better success with Nvidia cards myself. ATI tended to be a bit more lax with their drivers and such. But then again my last laptop fried its nvidia gfx card... soooo... kinda up int he air i guess =P

I'll be using it for gaming/and watching movies on my TV and stuff like that btw

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm this deal seems pretty good. Coincidently im actually about to get a new computer. I was gonna build one but i think i may honestly just buy one. Probably through Falcon NW or something.

I gotta do some research though, i havent checked in on components in a while. Is Nvidia or ATI on top these days for graphics cards? They kept ping ponging back and forth last time i was up on this stuff. I tend to have historiclly had a bit better success with Nvidia cards myself. ATI tended to be a bit more lax with their drivers and such. But then again my last laptop fried its nvidia gfx card... soooo... kinda up int he air i guess =P

I'll be using it for gaming/and watching movies on my TV and stuff like that btw[/QUOTE]

Its pretty back and forth right now. AMD clearly has better price for performance but at the top end it really comes down to benchmarks. Nvidia wins in some, AMD wins in some. Nvidia doesn't really compete in the super resolutions / multimonitor setup at all though so if thats what you are aiming for go AMD.

Really depends on what you are going for quality wise. If you care alot about physx go nvidia though. Me personally I dont give a **** about physx. I went with AMD 7970 (top end) because it had better benchmarks in the games I cared about and it came with Bioshock Infinite which I was going to buy anyway.

Nvidia at the top end has slightly less power draw / temps though.

my last two cards have been AMD, only driver issue I had was 12.2 - 12.4 I think with skyrim antialiasing messing up the graphics. Its since been fixed but at the time if you had antialiasing on it looked like ass. Simple fix was turning it off or rolling back your drivers to a time when the bug wasn't there. I play a ton of different games and that was the only issue I had.

Torn between getting the 7870 and the Nvidia gtx 660 ti 3gb, I know the Nvidia is more expensive, and the 7870 is only $214 after rebate plus the two free games. Can anyone help me as to which one I should buy?

I have an Nvidia GT 520 now, and I'm looking to upgrade maybe to a Radeon HD 7850. This page suggests that the 7850 blows the GT520 out of the water when it comes to memory bandwidth, FLOPs, and fill rates. To be honest, I'm not sure how well that translates into gaming performance. I'm half-planning on buying Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on Steam anyway, so the cost of the upgrade becomes somewhat negligible ($50 or so?).

What do you CAGs think?

[quote name='retrad']yes way wrong... so wrong that you are completely unreliable for the facts. I mean why even bother answering when you so clearly have no ****ing clue.
[/QUOTE]

My initial statement said that I thought that's what the promo was, not that I had researched and could verify it. The reason I commented was to assist a fellow CAG, who was asking a question. From most of the comments I've read of yours you're constantly trying to be condescending towards people or just making rude comments, perhaps you should just be a lurker if you're going to be a douche

[quote name='MrshllJcb']My initial statement said that I thought that's what the promo was, not that I had researched and could verify it. The reason I commented was to assist a fellow CAG, who was asking a question. From most of the comments I've read of yours you're constantly trying to be condescending towards people or just making rude comments, perhaps you should just be a lurker if you're going to be a douche[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's a big dickhole mcdouchebag. Just ignore him, he's like a little kid that learned the awesomeness of saying fuck a lot.

[quote name='jshackles']I have an Nvidia GT 520 now, and I'm looking to upgrade maybe to a Radeon HD 7850. This page suggests that the 7850 blows the GT520 out of the water when it comes to memory bandwidth, FLOPs, and fill rates. To be honest, I'm not sure how well that translates into gaming performance. I'm half-planning on buying Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on Steam anyway, so the cost of the upgrade becomes somewhat negligible ($50 or so?).

What do you CAGs think?[/QUOTE]

Is the rest of your rig decent and what resolution do you plan on playing at? If you don't have a super high resolution monitor and don't have to have everything maxed out then it isn't a bad card. The fact that you are already interested in getting the games does make an upgrade like this more tempting and probably more worthwhile. f the games aren't that interesting to you or you want to wait, new card should be coming out soon. Those will push down the prices of older cards and you could probably get something better for similar money.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is the rest of your rig decent and what resolution do you plan on playing at? If you don't have a super high resolution monitor and don't have to have everything maxed out then it isn't a bad card. The fact that you are already interested in getting the games does make an upgrade like this more tempting and probably more worthwhile. f the games aren't that interesting to you or you want to wait, new card should be coming out soon. Those will push down the prices of older cards and you could probably get something better for similar money.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I have a 23.5 inch acer monitor and I usually game at 1080p. I have an 8 core AMD FX and 32GB of DDR3 memory. My graphics card is probably the worst / cheapest component I have at this point. With my GT 520, I usually have to play games like Skyrim at 720p and it can be jerky even at that resolution. I'm really interested in the games this comes with, so I'm going to try to pick up one of these cards. Thanks!

[quote name='jshackles']Good to know. I have a 23.5 inch acer monitor and I usually game at 1080p. I have an 8 core AMD FX and 32GB of DDR3 memory. My graphics card is probably the worst / cheapest component I have at this point. With my GT 520, I usually have to play games like Skyrim at 720p and it can be jerky even at that resolution. I'm really interested in the games this comes with, so I'm going to try to pick up one of these cards. Thanks![/QUOTE]

This will be like night and day. It's not just a matter of being a newer card. The GT520 is not, and was not, a gaming card. Most any gaming-level card from the past five years will do better.

[quote name='jshackles']I have an Nvidia GT 520 now, and I'm looking to upgrade maybe to a Radeon HD 7850. This page suggests that the 7850 blows the GT520 out of the water when it comes to memory bandwidth, FLOPs, and fill rates. To be honest, I'm not sure how well that translates into gaming performance. I'm half-planning on buying Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on Steam anyway, so the cost of the upgrade becomes somewhat negligible ($50 or so?).

What do you CAGs think?[/QUOTE]

I like to check Tom's Hardware's GPU Hierarchy chart here. They recommend only upgrading if there is a three tier difference. In your case, there is a 16 tier difference!

[quote name='gilby']This will be like night and day. It's not just a matter of being a newer card. The GT520 is not, and was not, a gaming card. Most any gaming-level card from the past five years will do better.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poet17eric']I like to check Tom's Hardware's GPU Hierarchy chart here. They recommend only upgrading if there is a three tier difference. In your case, there is a 16 tier difference![/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I've been an nVidia guy almost my whole life, so I'm trying to get my bearings on the AMD / ATi stuff. When I built my last PC, it wasn't really for gaming and I had the spare GT 520 from my last computer. So I figure it's several years old at this point and worth replacing (especially now that I'm doing a lot of intensive gaming).

I'm a huge fan of ASUS so I think I'm going to go with their $200 HD 7850. :D :D :D

EDIT: Pulled the trigger - it'll be here Saturday.

[quote name='Logain8955']Thanks for posting this deal, picked up a voucher on ebay :D[/QUOTE]

dang, what'd you pay on ebay if you dont mind me asking? Most of the TR and Bioshock codes are going for around $80

[quote name='MrshllJcb']dang, what'd you pay on ebay if you dont mind me asking? Most of the TR and Bioshock codes are going for around $80[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking that too. I mean if you can get one of these $155 after rebate if you need a video card upgrade at all and want these games you might as well just do that vs buying the game vouchers off eBay unless someone sells them at Buy It Now way under value.

[quote name='Motoki']Newegg has a couple of these cards on sale right now.

Sapphire 1G 7850. $170.99 with code EMCXVXM79. Also has a $15 rebate on top of that so if you can get the rebate $155.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

HIS 2GB 7850. $179.99, no code needed
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

Both are highly rated on Newegg and come with the voucher for Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.[/QUOTE]

I'll urge people to look beyond ratings and take a look at the cards themselves with whatever pictures are available as well as checking what reviews say about the coolers/heatsinks. The heatsinks in those two cards are very different. The HIS is a small sink just over the chip (with a single fan). The Sapphire has a double fan and a heat-pipe heat sink that covers most of the card. The difference in heat removal will be big between those two. I grabbed that Sapphire, btw.

And if anyone isn't looking for a card but does want that Never Settle bundle, hit me up. I'll be selling my Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider bundle.

[quote name='gilby']I'll urge people to look beyond ratings and take a look at the cards themselves with whatever pictures are available as well as checking what reviews say about the coolers/heatsinks. The heatsinks in those two cards are very different. The HIS is a small sink just over the chip (with a single fan). The Sapphire has a double fan and a heat-pipe heat sink that covers most of the card. The difference in heat removal will be big between those two. I grabbed that Sapphire, btw.

And if anyone isn't looking for a card but does want that Never Settle bundle, hit me up. I'll be selling my Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider bundle.[/QUOTE]

saw your pm gilby and just hit you back

[quote name='Motoki']Newegg has a couple of these cards on sale right now.

Sapphire 1G 7850. $170.99 with code EMCXVXM79. Also has a $15 rebate on top of that so if you can get the rebate $155.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

HIS 2GB 7850. $179.99, no code needed
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

Both are highly rated on Newegg and come with the voucher for Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.[/QUOTE]

For those who get hit by tax @ newegg (like me), TD has the sapphire card for $160 AR +~$4 shipping.

[quote name='espy605']Generally speaking, Radeon cards offer the best dollar:performance ratio (and I say this as a loyal nVidia customer). Plus if you get certain XFX cards, they're one of the few left in the industry that still offer lifetime warranties (eVga is unfortunately phasing theirs out).[/QUOTE]

I'n not talking about performance, I'm talking about reliability, stability, and noise output. The 7870 is absolute rubbish in those areas compared to my new Nvidia 660 Ti. Whatever you do, ESPECIALLY avoid Sapphire cards.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I'n not talking about performance, I'm talking about reliability, stability, and noise output. The 7870 is absolute rubbish in those areas compared to my new Nvidia 660 Ti. Whatever you do, ESPECIALLY avoid Sapphire cards.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I've always had good luck with Sapphire. Though my current card is an Nvidia 560Ti from Palit and have had zero problems there too.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']dang, what'd you pay on ebay if you dont mind me asking? Most of the TR and Bioshock codes are going for around $80[/QUOTE]

I paid $70 for it, so I ended up saving $40. Running a 660, so I don't need a new video card.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I'n not talking about performance, I'm talking about reliability, stability, and noise output. The 7870 is absolute rubbish in those areas compared to my new Nvidia 660 Ti. Whatever you do, ESPECIALLY avoid Sapphire cards.[/QUOTE]While this may be true when the 7870 released its not the case anymore. The new drivers fixed most of the problems it had on release as well as improving performance. Idk about the sapphire cards though. Imo the 7870 and 660ti are both great cards you can't go wrong with either one.

bread's done
Back