AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tipio']Received my large email with lots of used game codes but haven't gotten my follow up Tomb Raider. Entered my code on Saturday. Are they still dolling them out?[/QUOTE]

Buddy of mine had the exact same thing happen. He even sent them an email asking them what's going on and has had no reply for a few days now.

This was posted by them of their Facebook page on Thursday:

AMD Gaming Hi Joshua, We found a glitch in the software for redeeming promo codes. We know who was affected, and we're going through that list manually. We appreciate your patience while we work through that list to get you the Never Settle: Reloaded codes.

And there is an admin from AMD looking into it:

Here is the update I think everyone has been waiting for:

After thorough investigation, the "fatal error" message that occured two days ago has been identified as the root cause to a server error that then sent a number of customers the exact same game-keys.

An e-mail is being sent to those affected customers updating them on the issue. I suspect the vast majority of people that posted to this thread are among those affected. I have been told that within the next 24-48 hours, new game-keys will be sent out.

;Marc

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=164420&STARTPAGE=6&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

[quote name='GeddyThePolack']And there is an admin from AMD looking into it:

Here is the update I think everyone has been waiting for:

After thorough investigation, the "fatal error" message that occured two days ago has been identified as the root cause to a server error that then sent a number of customers the exact same game-keys.

An e-mail is being sent to those affected customers updating them on the issue. I suspect the vast majority of people that posted to this thread are among those affected. I have been told that within the next 24-48 hours, new game-keys will be sent out.

;Marc

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=164420&STARTPAGE=6&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the update man! I was curious if they were ever going to get around to fixing their mistake. :)

It looks like a bunch of people are still waiting for their Tomb Raider and Bioshock codes as well from various places. I can only assume that they have just been buried under emails and stuff because of the "fatal error" listed previously. Hopefully they get everything sorted out and at least get out the TR codes by Tuesday.

[quote name='GeddyThePolack']This was posted by them of their Facebook page on Thursday:

AMD Gaming Hi Joshua, We found a glitch in the software for redeeming promo codes. We know who was affected, and we're going through that list manually. We appreciate your patience while we work through that list to get you the Never Settle: Reloaded codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finding these updates! What a hot mess going on with these codes.

Got my TR code the other day and used it without a problem. Haven't gotten BioShock yet, but I assume that'll be sent out a few days before release like TR was.

I also got a huge Email from them with no codes for Tomb Raider and Bioshock, but bunch of codes for other games that I was not frankly expecting. Surprisingly, Crysis 3 was able to successfully register on Origin. All other game codes were invalid.
Since my card (7850) was not even part of Crysis promotion, I wonder if it was just added by AMD later or was it simply their mistake/my gain? Same for rest of the games in the Email (Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3).
Sent them Email and so far got no response, whatsoever.

I'm still waiting on my Tomb Raider code as well. Figure I won't panic until the 5th but it makes me jealous seeing all these people with it at least sitting in their games list.

Well to update my situation, I received an email right after signing up that had no code in the box for Tomb Raider and immediately panicked. Emailed support and didn't hear back (wan't really planning on hearing back since it is the weekend and I signed up Friday). But last night, which was only a day after I signed up, I got a second email which was just text and it had my Tomb Raider key in it.

Bought a code last night for $45 ebay. At like 3 AM i signe up at AMD and recieved my code instantly for tomb raider. No bioshock infinite though. Game already pre loaded on my computer. :)

i currently have a hd 6770 card in my desktop atm and although it runs decent. i could still use a lil boost in modern games these days. i am wondering if the sapphire hd 7850 1gb overclock version is a decent upgrade to my current card. i play on 1440x900 resolution with 1 screen if that matters

[quote name='overlordmike']i currently have a hd 6770 card in my desktop atm and although it runs decent. i could still use a lil boost in modern games these days. i am wondering if the sapphire hd 7850 1gb overclock version is a decent upgrade to my current card. i play on 1440x900 resolution with 1 screen if that matters[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely a much stronger card, and I doubt you'll really be cpu limited(unless your processor is like 5 years old, I'm assuming it isn't). However connection types and power supply could be a limiting factor for what you could upgrade to.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How are y'all getting codes for all the other games?isn't it bioshock + tomb raider only?[/QUOTE]

What games you get depends on which Graphics Card you buy. There is a bundle for Crysis + Bioshock, Tomb Raider + Bioshock, or Crysis + Bioshock + Tomb Raider + previous Never Settle Games if you buy two HD 7900 Series cards.

More details here.

[quote name='overlordmike']i currently have a hd 6770 card in my desktop atm and although it runs decent. i could still use a lil boost in modern games these days. i am wondering if the sapphire hd 7850 1gb overclock version is a decent upgrade to my current card. i play on 1440x900 resolution with 1 screen if that matters[/QUOTE]

It would be a pretty solid upgrade depending on what games u play. You won't be maxing anything out at that resolution. But if you want to have most games run well at medium or high settings that is a good buy if u wanted the games.

Got my TR code yesterday after they sent me an email with no code previously. Hopefully anyone still waiting will get their codes soon.

anyone know if i can still get the codes a week from now. since tomb raider is already released. wont be able to order the card untill thursday (when i get paid) and i am worried that i wont qualify for due to it already being out..

also can any1 explain the redemption process and tell me if there is a expiration on the codes themselves

[quote name='overlordmike']anyone know if i can still get the codes a week from now. since tomb raider is already released. wont be able to order the card untill thursday (when i get paid) and i am worried that i wont qualify for due to it already being out..

also can any1 explain the redemption process and tell me if there is a expiration on the codes themselves[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine. The code doesn't expire until January 2014.

Still haven't gotten my TR code. Sucks, but I'll keep waiting, what else am I going to do!

People over at the AMD forum linked blearily are loosing their shit over this whole thing. I've tweeted/emailed and posted on their Facebook to no avail. I agree it lame, but I'm more upset over the lack of response from AMD. I know eventually the codes will come in, it's the some what poor customer support that's worrisome. Again, I get they are trying to fix a pretty big issue so stuff takes time but total bummer right now.

[quote name='dudestorm']Still haven't gotten my TR code. Sucks, but I'll keep waiting, what else am I going to do!

People over at the AMD forum linked blearily are loosing their shit over this whole thing. I've tweeted/emailed and posted on their Facebook to no avail. I agree it lame, but I'm more upset over the lack of response from AMD. I know eventually the codes will come in, it's the some what poor customer support that's worrisome. Again, I get they are trying to fix a pretty big issue so stuff takes time but total bummer right now.[/QUOTE]

Same boat. Would I have liked to have the code now so I could preload? Yes. But i'm not going to lose my shit over it. I'll get it eventually. And I can't complain for getting this game and Bioshock for $39.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Put in my code last week and still no code...
Hope I get it so I can preload it while I'm at work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

How does this redemption for the games work. Am I suppose to get something from Newegg or AMD to submit to Steam and then Steam gives you another Code?
I ordered my Card last Thursday, and other then the invoice from newegg. i haven't received anything.

[quote name='Roc74']How does this redemption for the games work. Am I suppose to get something from Newegg or AMD to submit to Steam and then Steam gives you another Code?
I ordered my Card last Thursday, and other then the invoice from newegg. i haven't received anything.[/QUOTE]
It's a code stapled to the invoice inside the box when u physically receive ur gpu

[quote name='retrad']It's a code stapled to the invoice inside the box when u physically receive ur gpu[/QUOTE]

In my case (I bought from Amazon) it was an Email from Amazon on the same day the card shipped with the code to submit to AMD.

Anyone else get their Tomb Raider keys? No key here but Marc (from the AMD forums who was linked earlier in this thread) responded again with updates, and stated this:

"I can provide an update to everyone on the following:

Tomb Raider is being released tomorrow (March 5), and to date game-keys have been sent to all customer that have redeemed their coupon codes."

Myself, along with quite a few others on the AMD forum have not gotten keys yet. That was all the information he provided, not if they were totally out of keys or that the e-mails were just in transit or anything. Someone, somewhere has some wrong information...

[quote name='dudestorm']Anyone else get their Tomb Raider keys? No key here but Marc (from the AMD forums who was linked earlier in this thread) responded again with updates, and stated this:

"I can provide an update to everyone on the following:

Tomb Raider is being released tomorrow (March 5), and to date game-keys have been sent to all customer that have redeemed their coupon codes."

Myself, along with quite a few others on the AMD forum have not gotten keys yet. That was all the information he provided, not if they were totally out of keys or that the e-mails were just in transit or anything. Someone, somewhere has some wrong information...[/QUOTE]

I redeemed the code I bought on ebay last wednesday but have not received a key yet. Hopefully we get them soon.

[quote name='netscorer']In my case (I bought from Amazon) it was an Email from Amazon on the same day the card shipped with the code to submit to AMD.[/QUOTE]

How is that relevant to newegg purchases which is what we were talking about and how they arrive.

Really bummed that I will probably have to buy both TR and Bioshock. I mean, it's total ass but in the long run, I would have upgraded my video card anyway and bought both games, just a bummer that I couldn't have gotten them for free as well.

[quote name='dudestorm']Really bummed that I will probably have to buy both TR and Bioshock. I mean, it's total ass but in the long run, I would have upgraded my video card anyway and bought both games, just a bummer that I couldn't have gotten them for free as well.[/QUOTE]

what the heck are you crying about exactly?

that deal is still going on, grow up.

Yea, I'll be giving it until Saturday. If I don't have a key by then, screw it, just going to buy it. Shame.

I guess I lucked out - I received my key on Sat, redeemed & preloaded it that evening and everything fired up as it should have yesterday. I bought mine from someone on Ebay, but from all the trouble I'm hearing I may think twice about doing that again in the future. Here's hoping AMD steps up and makes this right for everyone.

Bought my codes from a CAG here and was lucky enough to be able to preload without any issues Sat or Sunday and have had no issues whatsoever with the game. Very good so far

Just nabbed a Sapphire 7950. Checking out with v.me also nets another 10% off. Also willing to trade a Crysis 3 code for Tomb Raider if anyone has a code lying around!

bread's done
Back