AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, im a bit of a noob when it comes to graphic cards. Can anyone tell me whats the different from these 2 cards?

XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814150605

XFX Core Edition FX-787A-CNFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814150604

I can imagine the double fan one runs cooler, but does it mean louder as well? Any other major differences. Thanks

[quote name='Viol8tor']Hey guys, im a bit of a noob when it comes to graphic cards. Can anyone tell me whats the different from these 2 cards?

XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814150605

XFX Core Edition FX-787A-CNFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814150604

I can imagine the double fan one runs cooler, but does it mean louder as well? Any other major differences. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I had to look it up too.

It's apparently literally just a single vs a double fan that's the difference.

Confirmed here:
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/37221-xfx-r7870-black-edition-overclocked/

but here's a quick primer for those who are struggling to make sense of the various product names:

Core Edition - 1,000MHz core, 4,800MHz memory, single fan, model number FX-787A-CNFC, £270
Black Edition - 1,050MHz core, 5,000MHz memory, single fan, model number FX-787A-CNBC, £285
Double Dissipation Edition - 1,000MHz core, 4,800MHz memory, dual fan, model number FX-787A-CDFC, £290
Black Edition featuring Double Dissipation - 1,050MHz core, 5,000MHz memory, dual fan, model number FX-787A-CDBC, £300

Confused yet? We were, but it breaks down like this, you have a choice of single- or dual-fan configuration (Core or Double Dissipation) and can then have the card stock-clocked or overclocked (regular or Black Edition).

Would anyone out there be interested in buying a Bioshock 3 + Crysis 3 voucher code off of me? I think I'll be getting a 7950 soon, and I have very little interest in owning these 2 games.

[quote name='TripJack']Would anyone out there be interested in buying a Bioshock 3 + Crysis 3 voucher code off of me? I think I'll be getting a 7950 soon, and I have very little interest in owning these 2 games.[/QUOTE]

People are trying to sell their's in the Steam Trading Forum here.
I've seen several people trying to sell them as a tandem for $70 (or Bioshock Infinite + Tomb Raider). Not sure how successful they've been, though.

Personally I'd only want Bioshock Infinite. There's a lot of people in a similar boat as me (wanting Bioshock Infinite, not looking for Crysis 3) so that's why people are selling them as a bundle - Bioshock Infinite is more sought after than Crysis 3.

[quote name='Spanish_Godzilla']oh yeah, got me a 8750. cant wait to finish my build :D[/QUOTE]

Think you mean 7850? Unless you have access to time travel =)

[quote name='TripJack']Would anyone out there be interested in buying a Bioshock 3 + Crysis 3 voucher code off of me? I think I'll be getting a 7950 soon, and I have very little interest in owning these 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I'll pay $65.00 if you want.

anyone know when we get the actual codes to download / activate the games? Registered the code i had to scratch off just waiting on the e-mail for crysis 3 at least, since it's out tomorrow

I plan on getting either a 7870 or a 7950 this weekend, but I was going to get it at Fry's. do you have to buy from Newegg/Amazon to get the promotion, or can you buy if from anywhere?

I got my code for Crysis 3 tonight, downloading it off origin now. Haven't received my Bioshock Infinite code yet.

[quote name='melancholysp']I plan on getting either a 7870 or a 7950 this weekend, but I was going to get it at Fry's. do you have to buy from Newegg/Amazon to get the promotion, or can you buy if from anywhere?[/QUOTE]

In North America you can purchase from:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

Doesn't look like Fry's is on that list (took it straight from AMD's website). Wouldn't hurt to call them and ask if you're set on buying from there.

I'll add the list of stores to the OP.

I've had my second 7850 for a few weeks now and love the performance I get out of crossfiring my two cards. My system had a hard time playing Dark Souls at 60 FPS with one 7850, but seems to keep a steady 60 FPS now. Game looks WONDERFUL. Haven't had time to test out many other games yet, but I expect the same boost in performance.

So this morning I received an email that for the two games I'm supposed to get said that they'll be sent once the steam codes are available.

However in the email were also steam codes for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and DMC. For Origin there was a Crysis 3 code (my AMD code is for Bioshock/TR), and a Uplay code for Far Cry 3.

Not one to knock getting free things, I tried the DMC code in steam but "code was already redeemed by another account"

Sent them an email to see what's going on.

[quote name='Orochi Jin']So this morning I received an email that for the two games I'm supposed to get said that they'll be sent once the steam codes are available.

However in the email were also steam codes for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and DMC. For Origin there was a Crysis 3 code (my AMD code is for Bioshock/TR), and a Uplay code for Far Cry 3.

Not one to knock getting free things, I tried the DMC code in steam but "code was already redeemed by another account"

Sent them an email to see what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I know I read somewhere the if you buy two 7900 series you get the games from the current promo and the last promo. Sounds like a bug in your case.

I would redeem them if you have interest while you can.

Bought a code off ebay a couple days ago for 54. Does anybody know if we get that puzzle game that Bioshock pre-orders get?

They are really bringing the competition to nVidia's overpriced graphics cards. Good for PC gamers, I am a mac user and a PS3 owner so it does not affect me a bit, but man this is a good deal.

Are people starting to get their Tomb Raider Steam codes? It gets released in 4 days, and I'm curious if we'll be able to get in on the "Pre-Order bonuses" or not.

Just a heads up to people doing this...

I purchased 2 GPUs and was sent the e-mail for Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Infinite, Tomb Raider and Hitman.

However, ALL of the codes provided were invalid (you get a Uplay code for FC3, Origin code for Crysis 3 and the rest are Steam keys).

Anyone else done this having trouble redeeming their games?

[quote name='Orochi Jin']So this morning I received an email that for the two games I'm supposed to get said that they'll be sent once the steam codes are available.

Sent them an email to see what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue....

I've contacted AMD support to inquire about this...

I'll keep you posted!

Is there any word on when this promotion ends? I was going to get all the parts for my new PC at once, but if I have to get the GPU early to get in on this, I will.

[quote name='RichterIX']Is there any word on when this promotion ends? I was going to get all the parts for my new PC at once, but if I have to get the GPU early to get in on this, I will.[/QUOTE]

Months from now, as I recall.

Or while supplies last. I'd assume supplies will run out before the deadline is reached.

i have the bioshock/tomb raider, bioshock/crysis. and far cry 3/sleeping dogs/hitman codes up for trade or sale if anyone is interested.
shoot me pm.

Hmmm....really hoping I get my Tomb Raider code soon. Also hope I don't have any problems with the codes because I'm really pumped for both TR and Bioshock.

Did the best buy one for hitman, tomb raider , and bioshock. Got the hitman the next day and tombraider and bioshock are stating will have the codes right before release.

Got my Tomb Raider code and activated it just fine. Said Tomb Raider (ROW) and doesn't come with the Steam Pre-Order bonuses which I fully expected it to not come with them. The game isn't up for pre-load just yet either. No problems activating the key.

Got my key like others said and redeemed it no problem. Still locked like others have said but looking forward to this game a lot

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Got my key like others said and redeemed it no problem. Still locked like others have said but looking forward to this game a lot[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten my Tomb Raider code. Did you guys just sign up or did you in the past? Has anyone received it that signed up in the past? I traded one of my copies so I want to get the code ASAP to finish the trade.

Scratch that just got my first one five minutes after posting. For those of you who haven't gotten one yet be patient they are still sending.

Just got my HD 7850 yesterday, now just waiting on the keys to show up... Hopefully soon!

These deals are pretty great considering I was in the market for a new card, and I wanted and was planning on playing the PC versions of both Tomb Raider and Bioshock already.

[quote name='pROvIs']I still haven't gotten my Tomb Raider code. Did you guys just sign up or did you in the past? Has anyone received it that signed up in the past? I traded one of my copies so I want to get the code ASAP to finish the trade.

Scratch that just got my first one five minutes after posting. For those of you who haven't gotten one yet be patient they are still sending.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've got my inbox open, but I'm glad to hear that people are getting their codes. Looking forward to snagging mine! I had been wanting to build a PC for years, and this deal (7850) made me jump. So glad that I did!

Edit: Code came this afternoon. It checked out just fine with Steam.

I got my amd never settle bundle the day crysis 3 came out and had a key for it like a minute after inputting it. They seem on top of the key thing, unlike Ubisoft.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got my amd never settle bundle the day crysis 3 came out and had a key for it like a minute after inputting it. They seem on top of the key thing, unlike Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky, or perhaps i am unlucky?

I registered and got an email the next day for Crysis 3 and DmC. The codes they sent were used already. Checking the AMD forum, it looks like a number of people got emails with used keys. AMD pretty much doesn't know what happened, and my email to support has been unanswered. Good to see at least some people are getting keys.

Prices are coming down on these codes on Ebay due to saturation (EDIT: Bioshock & Tomb Raider codes anyway). They are hovering around $60 for a code, but I've noticed some popping up for $45-50 as 'Buy It Now'. Grabbed one for $45 as I couldn't resist.

[quote name='bdb2m']You are lucky, or perhaps i am unlucky?

I registered and got an email the next day for Crysis 3 and DmC. The codes they sent were used already. Checking the AMD forum, it looks like a number of people got emails with used keys. AMD pretty much doesn't know what happened, and my email to support has been unanswered. Good to see at least some people are getting keys.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. been waiting for a response from AMD for a good bit now... :\

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Just got my code for Tomb Raider. Confirming what others have said, redeems for "Tomb Raider (ROW)", and does not yet allow preload.[/QUOTE]

When did you get your card/code and enter it? I don't know if there is an actual way to gauge how long it takes to get the download codes based on when you register the coupon code that came with the GFX card.

I'm thinking about ordering a card, keeping the games and selling the card off ebay. But I'm undecided yet as to whether it's worth the hassle, the games will be 50% off in less than 6 months at the current rate of price drops.

anyone else got a blank field where the steam key for tomb raider should be?
i know the bioshock ones are emailed later and it states that, but i get the standard "download steam and enter this key" with an empty field where the tomb raider key should be.

[quote name='sinned47']anyone else got a blank field where the steam key for tomb raider should be?
i know the bioshock ones are emailed later and it states that, but i get the standard "download steam and enter this key" with an empty field where the tomb raider key should be.[/QUOTE]

That just happened to me. I'm hoping it gets resolved very quickly.

[quote name='JamesJoyce']I'm thinking about ordering a card, keeping the games and selling the card off ebay. But I'm undecided yet as to whether it's worth the hassle, the games will be 50% off in less than 6 months at the current rate of price drops.[/QUOTE]

Probably way less than 6 months. PC digital downloads of Square Eidos and 2K stuff seems to drop in price really quickly these days.

[quote name='sinned47']anyone else got a blank field where the steam key for tomb raider should be?
i know the bioshock ones are emailed later and it states that, but i get the standard "download steam and enter this key" with an empty field where the tomb raider key should be.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Emailed customer service; hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Received my large email with lots of used game codes but haven't gotten my follow up Tomb Raider. Entered my code on Saturday. Are they still dolling them out?

bread's done
Back