AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Crysis 3 & Bioshock Neversettle key from ebay (for $30, lucky me). I activated it on the AMD page and both keys arrived in one email within 2 minutes. They also activated fine in Origin and Steam.

[quote name='Aerc']Still waiting on mine. Can you preload yet? My internet is shit, and hope I get my code soon.[/QUOTE]

you could idk try reading the thread...

[quote name='retrad']you could idk try reading the thread...[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it. Sorry. Don't have to be a dick about it.

[quote name='Aerc']I didn't see it. Sorry. Don't have to be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

lol if you think thats being a dick you should try manning up.

My backlog is so huge I won't get to these games for months. Any CAG interested in my Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider bundle for $50? That seems to be what they are going for on eBay but I don't feel like dealing with an auction. PM me if interested.

I wanna grab the xfx core 7850 2gb to get in on this... Any one here have that card? Any thoughts ?

edit... or should I just go with the 7790 that will be around in a couple weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skycat561']I wanna grab the xfx core 7850 2gb to get in on this... Any one here have that card? Any thoughts ?

edit... or should I just go with the 7790 that will be around in a couple weeks?[/QUOTE]

While it's anyone's guess how the new card compares, I can tell you that the OC 2gb 7850 I bought back in November has been rocking every game I've played. FC3, TR, BL2, Skyrim, Hitman have all been played at 1080p with all settings maxed.

[quote name='Caine']While it's anyone's guess how the new card compares, I can tell you that the OC 2gb 7850 I bought back in November has been rocking every game I've played. FC3, TR, BL2, Skyrim, Hitman have all been played at 1080p with all settings maxed.[/QUOTE]

Also, if you get a 7850, I'd recommend the MSI Twin Frozr 7850. Has a beast of a cooling system, so I ramp it up to max overclock afterburner will let you (without modifying it) and it never goes above 60 degrees at 60% fan speed.

[quote name='skycat561']I wanna grab the xfx core 7850 2gb to get in on this... Any one here have that card? Any thoughts ?

edit... or should I just go with the 7790 that will be around in a couple weeks?[/QUOTE]

Go with the 7850. Stronger card plus the 7790 only has 1 GB of ram if memory serves. Already some reviews out saying go with 7850

Got the Infinite code this morning, had to RMA my 7950 though which sucked. There were white squares erraywhere.

Cant go wrong with a 7850. Best card to spend 180-200 bux on.

Now, $150 for that new 7790 thats comming? Thats a pretty damn attractive price! Plus with AMDs Never Settle promo- thats an even better value. Performance wise- not as good as the 7850, but its not too far behind either. Its filling the gap between the 7770 and 7850.

So basically if you're really a cheapassgamer wanna save some money and get good value and dont rly want the extra performance , 7790 will do just fine for PC gaming today at 1080p. Acceptable framerates all around.

OR if u wanna spend the extra $20 for more performance and dont wanan wait til the beginning of April for the 7790 . Get the 7850- If I had to pick between the two, I'd get the 7850 cuz I have no problem dishin' out an extra 20.

Also, just look at benchmarks to see what you're lookin for.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_7790_review_benchmark,1.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7790-bonaire-performance,3462.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6837/...w-feat-sapphire-the-first-desktop-sea-islands

I would just go for the card you mentioned, $160 AR is a pretty good price.

If you get a 7850 make sure it is the 2gb like the one you said. $160 plus Tomb Raider and Infinite? I would take that and not look back.

I got my key last night. I've had no issues so far with getting any of the games from this promo (XFX 7850 Core Overclock Edition from Best Buy).

[quote name='niknum']So no TF2 items come with these codes?[/QUOTE]
No nothing comes with the codes except the game itself. No TF2 items, no free games (XCOM, etc), no access to the pre-launch flash game, etc.

Just Bioshock: Infinite and Tomb Raider or Crysis 3.

Received my bioshock code last night and now the game is preloaded onto my computer. Hope everybody gets their code in a timely fashion. I had no problems with bioshock or tomb raider (gigabyte 7850 oc edition from newegg).

[quote name='ND1Razor']Still waiting :c

Anyone with a ref id of over 60k got theirs?[/QUOTE]

My ref id from when i got the tomb raider code was 50*** and I haven't received bioshock yet

[quote name='dogmae']My ref id from when i got the tomb raider code was 50*** and I haven't received bioshock yet[/QUOTE]

I got Tomb Raider instantly. No idea if they follow the id in order though.

I know this is probably the wrong tread but just in case if you or a friend want another steam key for tomb raider I have an extra for $26.00 paypal, hope the rest of you guys waiting get your keys...

bread's done
Back