Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my sets in the mail today! (There is a lenticular card on the front similar to the Attack on Titan LE's) The sets are region A so they play np on US players and also include the english dub as well as English/Japanese/Korean/no subs with the Japanese track.

The sets come with 7 BD cases each with its own lenticular slip cover as well as an art book. The 2nd Gig set also came with some pens as a pre-order bonus.

More pics!

jimCcNs.jpg
Where did you order GiTS from?

Now that Funi is releasing Arise, did they also get the license for the previous releases? I'm trying to figure out if there's a chance of them doing a BD release here.

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper version of the Gurren Lagaan Blu-Rays, other than the $50 versions per disc at rightstuf? That would cost $250 for the complete series.

Perhaps a "collected" edition at a reduced price?  The United Kingdom has a $100 complete edition. I don't know why that isn't available in the USA, and its obviously region locked.

Thanks!

That is the cheapest Blu-ray edition of the series available in the US. You can still get the Bandai DVD sets pretty cheap (though make sure it's not a bootleg). 

As to why, it's because Aniplex of America holds the license. 

I was going to say that the why was because they clearly can't get people to buy the $50 volumes if they sold the whole series for less than half that price.

Pikagreg, I also wanted to thank you again for pointing out the Korean edition of SAC. I'm glad that I at least know about them and had the chance to decide whether or not to get them. Sadly, I just can't justify $360 for both seasons. They made it all the way to the cart, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

I'm checking eBay to buy the Cowboy Bebop DVD set (it is a format I am going to watch, as the PS3 is rarely used as a bluray player), and I am wondering if I should get the Funimation version at $30 or the Bandai Remix set at $20 any thoughts?
If there's any chance you didn't jump on a DVD version yet, I'd gladly sell you my Bebop Remix DVD set.

Yes it uses the US dub. It also seems it is not region locked at all. The set uses the same transfers as the Japanese BD's and the biggest appeal is that this set has English subtitles unlike the JP box set. The subs are also the same as the R1 DVD sets.

Here are a few comparisons (credit to Vincentric from Blu-ray.com forums)
Got my sets in the mail today! (There is a lenticular card on the front similar to the Attack on Titan LE's) The sets are region A so they play np on US players and also include the english dub as well as English/Japanese/Korean/no subs with the Japanese track.

The sets come with 7 BD cases each with its own lenticular slip cover as well as an art book. The 2nd Gig set also came with some pens as a pre-order bonus.
Once you said the dub was included I was sold. :( some day I'll save enough to buy this house.

My main concern about ordering those Korean GiTS sets is that if there is a problem then returning them would probably be a monumental pain in the butt.

I chose EMS shipping to avoid that. It was pretty expensive but I was worried about the same thing.
I went cheap and oddly enough they were cheaper to buy separate because of shipping. I'll let you know what condition usps gets them to me.

garage-sale-news.jpg

Anime blu-rays in the sale,

Black Blood Brothers Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Your Price: $12.59 (You Save 72%)

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $20.69 (You Save 71%)

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $20.69 (You Save 71%)

Eden of the East Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Your Price: $19.79 (You Save 67%)

Fate/Stay Night Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $17.99 (You Save 75%)

Fate/Stay Night Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $17.99 (You Save 75%)

Hiiro no Kakera - The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 1 Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) - Your Price: $20.69 (You Save 71%)

Hiiro no Kakera - The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 2 Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) - Your Price: $20.69 (You Save 71%)

K-ON! Blu-ray 3 (Hyb) - Your Price: $11.69 (You Save 61%)

K-ON! Blu-ray 4 (Hyb) - Your Price: $11.69 (You Save 61%)

Kurokami: The Animation Blu-ray 1 (D) - Your Price: $8.99 (You Save 64%)

Kurokami: The Animation Blu-ray 2 (D) - Your Price: $8.99 (You Save 64%)

Kurokami: The Animation Blu-ray 3 (D) - Your Price: $8.99 (You Save 64%)

Kurokami: The Animation Blu-ray 5 (D) - Your Price: $8.99 (You Save 64%)

Leviathan - The Last Defense - Blu-ray Complete Collection (S) - Your Price: $26.09 (You Save 57%)

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Blu-ray Part 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $7.19 (You Save 86%)

Needless Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $18.89 (You Save 73%)

Slayers Season 4 Blu-ray Set (Hyb) (Slayers Revolution) - Your Price: $12.59 (You Save 79%)

Tears To Tiara Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Your Price: $19.99 (You Save 78%)

Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Your Price: $17.99 (You Save 64%)

Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Season 2 Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Your Price: $17.99 (You Save 64%)

Xam'd Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $21.59 (You Save 70%)

ef ~ A Tale of Melodies Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Your Price: $22.49 (You Save 68%)

ef ~ A Tale of Memories Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Your Price: $22.49 (You Save 68%)

How is Tsubasa? I've considered that series several times, but I still know very little about it.
The manga is awesome (until a certain point), but the anime is awful.

Then again, it all depends on your view. Those who have read the manga hate the series, those who haven't read the manga seem to like it.

The manga is awesome (until a certain point), but the anime is awful.

Then again, it all depends on your view. Those who have read the manga hate the series, those who haven't read the manga seem to like it.
Clamp adaptations in general are pretty bad.Especially when the work is the characters are done in that lanky style,which does not work wellwhen animated.

How is Tsubasa? I've considered that series several times, but I still know very little about it.
I bought the first season on bluray back in the day for ten bucks. It was on sale. I have yet to pull the trigger on the second season. I cannot make it past the first couple of episodes without falling asleep. Maybe it gets better...I am not sure. I do hate having incomplete series though. It drives me nuts.

So I see Rightstuf put some more of those Love Chunibyo CE's up on Amazon for $49.99. I still haven't received the one I ordered for $54.99.

So I see Rightstuf put some more of those Love Chunibyo CE's up on Amazon for $49.99. I still haven't received the one I ordered for $54.99.
They're still deciding which customers to give the worst condition boxes to, and will be less likely to complain and ask for a refund.

Stopped by FYE before seeing Avengers 2 and managed to pick up Case Closed Seasons 2-5 (in original, non-Viridian, non-S.A.V.E. packaging) and Prince of Tennis Set 2.

Woohoo My Rightstuf order arrived! 

Dr. Slump: The Movies 1-5

Lupin the Third: Mystery of Mamo

Lupin the Third: Bye Bye Liberty

Plus three Blind Boxes: 

$1 Blind Box - Shinobi: A Way Out (Live Action DVD)

$5 Blind Box -  Submarine 707R  (DVD I got from a past blind box purchase; I don't want it)

$10 Blind Box - This Boy Can Fight Aliens (Blu Ray)

Total cost: $59.12

That should hold me over until December. 

§Hasting has a Buy 2 get 1 free promo going on used items. Works for consoles and blu-rays. I am wanting to get some more animes and would like to take advantage of this deal. Any recommendations?

When you guys hit up anime cons do you buy anything there? I'm heading to ACEN next weekend and i might have a decent sized check to spend. Granted the prices are probably better online anyway. 

bread's done
Back