Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jmcc']I guess the point is: Bleach would be awesome if the whole cast were dogs:
[/QUOTE]

Mind filling me on who's who?

I can guess the 1st 2 in the top row are Ichigo & Ishida

2nd dog from the left in the 2nd row is probably renji & the 1st dog from the right is chad-o

2 dogs on the left in the 3rd row are probably rangiku & the boy genius

2nd dog from the left in the 4th row is Gen while the last 2 are Kenpachi & his loli-chan.

2 middle dogs on the bottom row are Jinta & quiet girl from the shop & the 2nd dog from the right is Yoroichi.

First Row: Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime, Tatsuki
Second Row: Byakuya, Renji, Rukia, Sado
Third Row: Matsumoto, Hitsugaya, not sure, Aizen?, Hinamori?
Fourth Row: Kira, Gin, Yachiru, Kenpachi
Fifth Row: Kon, Isshin, Isane?, Unohana?
Bottom Row: Mayuri, Nemu, Ururu, Jinta, Yoruichi, Urahara

That's what I think.

[quote name='jaykrue']Mind filling me on who's who?

I can guess the 1st 2 in the top row are Ichigo & Ishida

2nd dog from the left in the 2nd row is probably renji & the 1st dog from the right is chad-o

2 dogs on the left in the 3rd row are probably rangiku & the boy genius

2nd dog from the left in the 4th row is Gen while the last 2 are Kenpachi & his loli-chan.

2 middle dogs on the bottom row are Jinta & quiet girl from the shop & the 2nd dog from the right is Yoroichi.[/QUOTE]
1st row: Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime, Tatsuki
2nd row: Byakuya, Renji, Rukia, Chad (w/Shibata)
3rd row: Matsumoto, Hitsugaya, Yumichika, Ikakku, Hanataro
4th row: Kon, Ishin, Isane, Unohana
5th row: Kira, Gin, Yachiru, Kenpachi
6th row: Mayuri, Nemu, Ururu, Jinta, Yoruichi, Urahara

Damn. Got three wrong. I thought that stick meant something that Ikkaku was holding, but my friend convinced me it was an Aizen doggie.

[quote name='karsh']Damn. Got three wrong. I thought that stick meant something that Ikkaku was holding, but my friend convinced me it was an Aizen doggie.[/QUOTE]
I think the stick is for the wooden sword he brought with him in the last few chapters.

[quote name='karsh']Regardless, Hitsugaya doggie is probably my favorite.[/QUOTE]

I agree because it fits the image I have of him perfectly - the tiny dog that thinks it's badass and tries to outbark anyone who says otherwise. Except in this case, the tiny dog has some bite.:lol:

[quote name='karsh']First Row: Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime, Tatsuki
Third Row: Matsumoto, Hitsugaya, not sure, Aizen?, Hinamori?
Fourth Row: Kira, Gin, Yachiru, Kenpachi
Fifth Row: Kon, Isshin, Isane?, Unohana?

That's what I think.[/QUOTE]

I think you go your rows mixed

First Row: Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime, Tatsuki
Third Row: Matsumoto, Hitsugaya, Yumichika, Ikkaku, The lil med guy from the 4th
Fourth Row: Kon, Isshin, Isane, Unohana
Fifth Row: Kira, Gin, Yachiru, Kenpachi

couple semi important characters arent in dog for, but cool none the less

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']ohh and the new bleach manga is out, everyone thought there wasnt goin to be one, but apparently everyone was wrong.[/QUOTE]
And the HQ 209, finally. Thanks for he heads-up, Ikohn.

[quote name='jmcc']And the HQ 209, finally. Thanks for he heads-up, Ikohn.[/QUOTE]

no prob, thanx for all the dogs, Urahara is great as the shaggy mut

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']no prob, thanx for all the dogs, Urahara is great as the shaggy mut[/QUOTE]
Re ch210: Pwnd!

[quote name='karsh']Nice. Zngfhzbgb whfg gbgnyyl cjarq ure Nenapne. Naq Erawv svanyyl jba![/QUOTE]

yeah seriously he had become the resident bleach whipping boy

God dammit, someone in Bleach really needs to die...I dont care who, just anyone.
Ch 210 pissed me off in that the power up that the characters recieved was just fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='jaykrue']I suppose I'm in the minority here as I enjoy a wide selection of anime genres instead of being particular... The way I see it is that anime should be judged solely on its individual merits & not because it belongs to any single genre.[/QUOTE]:applause: Well Said
I'm the same way in that I wont avoid a series for being in a genre,
I'll watch anything and whether I finish it or not depends on if I liked what I saw

[quote name='LiquidNight']God dammit, someone in Bleach really needs to die...I dont care who, just anyone.
Ch 210 pissed me off in that the power up that the characters recieved was just fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Why? It was well established over 100 chapters ago.

[quote name='LiquidNight'] :applause: Well Said
I'm the same way in that I wont avoid a series for being in a genre,
I'll watch anything and whether I finish it or not depends on if I liked what I saw[/QUOTE]

I'm basically the same way, except I will rule out most of one genre, mecha anime. I've yet to see an anime based around the mecha that I've actually liked. You could say FMP is a mecha series, but I didn't watch it that way. The mechs are barely used except for the every-so-often fight, which wasn't really the focus of the story. But besides mecha, I'll watch just about anything from Azumanga Daioh to Monster to Fruits Basket to Bleach to FMA to Elfen Lied.

[quote name='jmcc']Why? It was well established over 100 chapters ago.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know, but I still think that is was too much.
They didnt even have to try to win after gur yvzvg jnf eryrnfrq. If the Neenaxne ner Nvmra'f fbyqvref naq gurl frrz gb or fhpu n guerng, gura gurl znva punenpgref fubhyq ngyrnfg jbex sbe n jva yvxr Vxxnxh. V zrna pbzr ba, rira Zngfhzbgb unq ab ceboyrz qrnyvat jvgu ure Neenaxne ng nyy, naq fur'f whfg n IP.

btw, is anyone else having trouble dl'ing off of boxtorrents?

[quote name='karsh']I'm basically the same way, except I will rule out most of one genre, mecha anime. I've yet to see an anime based around the mecha that I've actually liked. You could say FMP is a mecha series, but I didn't watch it that way. The mechs are barely used except for the every-so-often fight, which wasn't really the focus of the story. But besides mecha, I'll watch just about anything from Azumanga Daioh to Monster to Fruits Basket to Bleach to FMA to Elfen Lied.[/QUOTE]

So there really isn't a Gundam series, out of all the multiple iterations and places it goes that you care for?

I mean, I could see someone despising Wing or G, or SD, but very often they may find they like 0079, 0080, 0083, etc.

[quote name='JSweeney']So there really isn't a Gundam series, out of all the multiple iterations and places it goes that you care for?

I mean, I could see someone despising Wing or G, or SD, but very often they may find they like 0079, 0080, 0083, etc.[/QUOTE]
No one can despise G Gundam, JSweeney, quit being silly.

If someone can find me a way to see a Gundam series that's cheap, and doesn't involve that group of characters I dislike (Heero, Chang, Zechs, Duo, etc), then I'll definitely give it another chance. It may just be a bad reaction to watching Gundam in the past, but I really don't like that group of characters. Though I really didn't like Seed and Seed Destiny from the bit I've seen. I am willing to give that first group a second chance though, cause I don't consider them up there with Shinji in the group of characters I dislike so much I can't watch anything with them. Char has always seemed like an interesting character, or at least one that lots of people like.

[quote name='karsh']If someone can find me a way to see a Gundam series that's cheap, and doesn't involve that group of characters I dislike (Heero, Chang, Zechs, Duo, etc), then I'll definitely give it another chance. It may just be a bad reaction to watching Gundam in the past, but I really don't like that group of characters. Though I really didn't like Seed and Seed Destiny from the bit I've seen. I am willing to give that first group a second chance though, cause I don't consider them up there with Shinji in the group of characters I dislike so much I can't watch anything with them. Char has always seemed like an interesting character, or at least one that lots of people like.[/QUOTE]

Two words: Zeta Gundam, though it's not really cheap and you may have wanted to watch the original series to get everything they talk about early on.

For a cheaper alternative try out some of the shorter UC series they've put in box sets now (08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, etc.)

[quote name='LiquidNight']Yeah, I know, but I still think that is was too much.
They didnt even have to try to win after gur yvzvg jnf eryrnfrq. If the Neenaxne ner Nvmra'f fbyqvref naq gurl frrz gb or fhpu n guerng, gura gurl znva punenpgref fubhyq ngyrnfg jbex sbe n jva yvxr Vxxnxh. V zrna pbzr ba, rira Zngfhzbgb unq ab ceboyrz qrnyvat jvgu ure Neenaxne ng nyy, naq fur'f whfg n IP.

btw, is anyone else having trouble dl'ing off of boxtorrents?[/QUOTE]

Jryy V guvax Vpuv jvyy unir na rkgerzryl vs abg vzcbffvoyr gvzr evtug abj jvgu tbbq by ahzore 6. Gur thl ehxvn orng jnf gur ehag bs nyy bs gurz gung pnzr gb svtug, naq V oryvrir gur ahzoref znxr nyy gur bguref vagb ehagf nf jryy. V nz whfg phevbhf ubj cbjreshy ner gur Invmneqf fvapr V ernyyl frr gurz naq Vpuv/fbhy fbpvrgl wbvavat gbtrgure.

So, Amazon is having an anime sale.

I have a question. I've seen various episodes from the older Astro Boy series (1980s I believe). On Amazon, they have the complete 2003 series that I'm considering picking up. Will I be disappointed in this series having seen the older remake before this?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Jryy V guvax Vpuv jvyy unir na rkgerzryl vs abg vzcbffvoyr gvzr evtug abj jvgu tbbq by ahzore 6. Gur thl ehxvn orng jnf gur ehag bs nyy bs gurz gung pnzr gb svtug, naq V oryvrir gur ahzoref znxr nyy gur bguref vagb ehagf nf jryy. V nz whfg phevbhf ubj cbjreshy ner gur Invmneqf fvapr V ernyyl frr gurz naq Vpuv/fbhy fbpvrgl wbvavat gbtrgure.[/QUOTE]Uru, lrn, V nz ybbxvat sbejneq gb gung, nygubhtu V ubcr gung Ubyybj-Vpuv pbzrf bhg naq sbeprf Tevzzwbj gb ergerng (ohg ur'yy or onpx sbe zber), naq gura gur invmneqf pbzr naq gnxr Vpuv (jub unf abj orra gnxra bire ol Ubyybj-Vpuv) jvgu gurz

[quote name='LiquidNight']Uru, lrn, V nz ybbxvat sbejneq gb gung, nygubhtu V ubcr gung Ubyybj-Vpuv pbzrf bhg naq sbeprf Tevzzwbj gb ergerng (ohg ur'yy or onpx sbe zber), naq gura gur invmneqf pbzr naq gnxr Vpuv (jub unf abj orra gnxra bire ol Ubyybj-Vpuv) jvgu gurz[/QUOTE]
I don't know. V fgnaq ol zl thrff gung Henunen vf n uloevq, gbb.

[quote name='jmcc']I don't know. V fgnaq ol zl thrff gung Henunen vf n uloevq, gbb.[/QUOTE]I wouldnt be surprised, he is one tricksy bastard

[quote name='LiquidNight']I wouldnt be surprised, he is one tricksy bastard[/QUOTE]
He knew his artifact dealie worked and I don't believe he'd test it out on anyone else before he knew if there were side-effects.

[quote name='jmcc']I don't know. V fgnaq ol zl thrff gung Henunen vf n uloevq, gbb.[/QUOTE]

V pbhyq qrs frr gung, ohg V nz phevbhf jvgu Vffuva pbzrf vagb vg. Uvf onpx fgbel fubhyq or vagrefgvat. V jnf guvaxvat gung Punq zvtug trg fbzr rivy neenapne cbjref. V zrna ur unf zrkvpna naprfgbel, naq ur unf n fvzvyne nggnpx nf ibypnab be jungrire uvf anzr jnf. V nz abg fnlvat Punq jvyy or rivy, ohg ur jbag ghea vagb n Xevyyva. Fbzrobql vf tbva gb fnir Vpuv naq Ehxvn sebz Tevzz, ur vf whfg gbb cbjreshy naq Vpu vfag va pbageby. V guvax gur Ivnmneqf jvyy qb vg gurl arrq gurve fvqr bs gur fgbel gbyq naq V guvax vgf gur cresrpg gvzr. V jbaqre jung Hyd'f ahzore vf gbb. Zhfg or fbzrjurer orgjrra 7-10 vs ur vf ahzorerq ng nyy.

[quote name='jmcc']He knew his artifact dealie worked and I don't believe he'd test it out on anyone else before he knew if there were side-effects.[/QUOTE]Actually, I think he'd have tested it out on hollows before himself, and as we've seen with the Arrankar that Rukia fought, Arrankars can be pretty weak, so if he tested on very low level hollows, he'd have no problem containing them if he was successful

[quote name='LiquidNight']Actually, I think he'd have tested it out on hollows before himself, and as we've seen with the Arrankar that Rukia fought, Arrankars can be pretty weak, so if he tested on very low level hollows, he'd have no problem containing them if he was successful[/QUOTE]

i doubt hollows, he doesnt seem like that type of guy. Maybe a certain father was used as a test subject for an exchange of a human body...

Sailor Moon Live Action download...

29.9% I started it Wed. night. 3 days remaining...

I have hit 50 kb download once in awhile but it is usually at 25-35. My upload has been steady at 26 kb though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Sailor Moon Live Action download...

29.9% I started it Wed. night. 3 days remaining...

I have hit 50 kb download once in awhile but it is usually at 25-35. My upload has been steady at 26 kb though.[/QUOTE]
Boy, are you in for a treat. Not necessarily the good kind, though. Luna and Artemis are STUFFED ANIMALS!!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Boy, are you in for a treat. Not necessarily the good kind, though. Luna and Artemis are STUFFED ANIMALS!![/QUOTE]

:lol:

It will at least be a good chance to test my DVD burner on this PC I have now.

[quote name='karsh']Gotta see if Suzuka was worth downloading. I got the first 13 episodes to test it out.[/QUOTE]
Pretty standard comedy/romance show, with an extremely unlikeable cast.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished reading the first two volumes of Death Note, and I need more. Anyone care to show me the way?[/QUOTE]#lurk@IRCHighway, gotlurk.net, if you know how to use IRC for your manga needs,
or here's a direct DL (you have to register, I have no idea about how well their servers work),
I highly recommend the IRC route, as its much much faster and has way more selection overall

Eleven more hours and I can finally see Sailor Moon Live action! (that sounded a lot more overt than it should have) :roll:

Anyway, it gives me reason to bump this thread.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Eleven more hours and I can finally see Sailor Moon Live action! (that sounded a lot more overt than it should have) :roll:

Anyway, it gives me reason to bump this thread.[/QUOTE]

You should've given priority to the 1st episode so that your torrent client would've DL'd it first so you could at least watch it to partially satiate your sailor girl fetish.:lol:;) (I'm partial to Mercury myself :drool: )

I can't wait until tomorrow, when I get home I'm going to head to Fry's to get as many of the Dragon Ball DVD's that they have, which is hopefully all of them but the Saga of Goku (no Funimation version :whistle2:() and the Tournament Saga (already own it). :D

Is there any news on why Funimation hasn't released their version of the Saga of Goku on DVD yet?

[quote name='LiquidNight']#lurk@IRCHighway, gotlurk.net, if you know how to use IRC for your manga needs,
or here's a direct DL (you have to register, I have no idea about how well their servers work),
I highly recommend the IRC route, as its much much faster and has way more selection overall[/QUOTE]Thanks, I finished reading through 90 just yesterday. :cool:

Nice. I picked up three sagas of DB, Tien Shinhan, General Blue, and Fortuneteller Baba for $29.99 each at Fry's today. I would've gotten the other sagas they had, but I wanted to stop at Suncoast to see if they've got the ones that Fry's didn't have and some of the others for $29.99 or less. If not, I'll just head back to Fry's tomorrow.

I also picked up some other anime, as well. I got the first two discs of Jubei-Chan for $6.99 each, I loved the few episodes I saw before, and Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro for $16.99. Can't wait to get some time to watch these. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back