Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were some great movies. I really enjoyed Castle in the Sky. I only saw the second half of Nausicaa but that part I saw was excellent.

Looks like I have two more titles to add to my DVD wishlist.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Those were some great movies. I really enjoyed Castle in the Sky. I only saw the second half of Nausicaa but that part I saw was excellent.

Looks like I have two more titles to add to my DVD wishlist.[/QUOTE]
They repeat, just in japanese dub with english sub after the first english run.

Castle in the Sky is probably towards the bottom of my favorite Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films, Nausicaa is probably in the middle with some other. Good movies.

Yeah, I am watching the sub right now. This is the first time I can recall subbed anime on TV. I really should take my ass to bed though. I hope TCM will show more movies in the future. It's really nice to see them commercial free.

I wish I hadn't missed Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Those were the ones I wanted to see the most.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh good. A fake Bleach chapter.[/QUOTE]

yeah I hate that shit, I assumed it was fake cause they released a HQ version before I saw any LQ, but it is just idiotic to do that

Hell....fucking....Yeah....Rewrite started tonight on FMA. And daaaaamn...I thought it was awesome back when I watched it on the computer, but that's literally blown away when you see it full scale on a TV.

[quote name='karsh']Hell....fucking....Yeah....Rewrite started tonight on FMA. And daaaaamn...I thought it was awesome back when I watched it on the computer, but that's literally blown away when you see it full scale on a TV.[/QUOTE]what is this rewrite you speak of?

[quote name='LiquidNight']what is this rewrite you speak of?[/QUOTE]

its the opening song and its much better the first one, though I like the second one alot too

[quote name='LiquidNight']what is this rewrite you speak of?[/QUOTE]

Only the best of FMA's four openings. On [as], they only could get Ready Steady Go for much of FMA. Thus, for the first 41 episodes, RSG was the opening for [as], despite there being three openings during that run in the actual version of the show. Well, they recently got the rights to the last FMA opening, Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation. And it kicks ass.

I don't remember the ending of the Zabuza/Haku/Gatou fight being this well done, then again that was 140 episodes ago. :lol: Too bad this looks like the end of Steve Blum's voicing in the show, unless he's changed his mind to do other voices. Now it's onto the Chuunin Exam unless this is, or is close to, the end of the new episodes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't remember the ending of the Zabuza/Haku/Gatou fight being this well done, then again that was 140 episodes ago. :lol: Too bad this looks like the end of Steve Blum's voicing in the show, unless he's changed his mind to do other voices. Now it's onto the Chuunin Exam unless this is, or is close to, the end of the new episodes.[/QUOTE]

for some reason I believe Cartoon Network bought the rights up until Naruto meets Jiraiya, though I have no idea on how they are goin to show them.

[quote name='karsh']On [as], they only could get Ready Steady Go for much of FMA. Thus, for the first 41 episodes, RSG was the opening for [as], despite there being three openings during that run in the actual version of the show. Well, they recently got the rights to the last FMA opening, Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation. And it kicks ass.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the explaination for that one is that Sony, owner of the Tofu Records label which distributes the domestic L'Arc~en~Ciel albums, wanted exposure for the band's music on TV, and cut a deal to only show that intro. It just so happens that a domestic version of Asian Kung-Fu Generation's second album, Sol-Fa, got a domestic release by Tofu Records back in October, which is why they're now using that intro.

And now you know!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Actually, the explaination for that one is that Sony, owner of the Tofu Records label which distributes the domestic L'Arc~en~Ciel albums, wanted exposure for the band's music on TV, and cut a deal to only show that intro. It just so happens that a domestic version of Asian Kung-Fu Generation's second album, Sol-Fa, got a domestic release by Tofu Records back in October, which is why they're now using that intro.

And now you know![/QUOTE]

I knew about trying to push the AKFG album, but I didn't know about L'Arc~en~Ciel part. Interesting to know.

this isnt really manga per say, but I just started reading Y - The Last Man, its about a world where all the men in world die but one. I think its pretty well done, I suggest you check it in either in comic form or through bit.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']for some reason I believe Cartoon Network bought the rights up until Naruto meets Jiraiya, though I have no idea on how they are goin to show them.[/QUOTE]
I hope they don't DBZ or DB it by playing this saga over and over again for months and then show the next arc and rinse and repeat. I'd be willing to watch the Chuunin Exam over and over, but they need to keep it going. From seeing the other shows on Toonami, I think they'll be showing all the new ones in order with some breaks here and there. I can't remember when the first double episode is, but I think there's one somewhere during the next arc, so it'll be interesting to see what they do. I think they'll just have the hour long show, but there's options I guess.

I believe the writers of Mai-Otome have a monkey. And they enjoy making this monkey throw his shit at a fan all day long. This episode was a bit slow, but damn if it didn't pick up at the end.

Just the last volume of Miami Guns to go. Man, the show is hilarious! They parodied Die Hard, The Matrix, Initial D, and I'm sure a few other things I don't recognize.

I also saw the Cutey Honey Live Action yesterday. I thought it was pretty entertaining actually.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Theres a ton of Bleach and Naruto fans here, but am I the only One Piece fan?[/QUOTE]

I like One Piece, but I haven't been keeping up with the Cartoon Network broadcasts lately.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I like One Piece, but I haven't been keeping up with the Cartoon Network broadcasts lately.[/QUOTE]

That's the bad part, you're watching it's god awful dub. The fansubs really aren't hard to find, plus the dub has already cut out about 40% of the series.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Theres a ton of Bleach and Naruto fans here, but am I the only One Piece fan?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']That's the bad part, you're watching it's god awful dub. The fansubs really aren't hard to find, plus the dub has already cut out about 40% of the series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard that parts of the show were censored or cut. I can live with a half-assed dub as that is what I listen to 99% of the time, but when content is just omitted completly it sucks. I may look for the fansubs, but the series is over 100 episodes right?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, I heard that parts of the show were censored or cut. I can live with a half-assed dub as that is what I listen to 99% of the time, but when content is just omitted completly it sucks. I may look for the fansubs, but the series is over 100 episodes right?[/QUOTE]

Entire arcs have been cut out along with name changes and all the violence being toned down (it gets pretty bloody sometimes)
170 episodes have been fansubbed by http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/ and I think around 260 episodes have aired in Japan.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Entire arcs have been cut out along with name changes and all the violence being toned down (it gets pretty bloody sometimes)
170 episodes have been fansubbed by http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/ and I think around 260 episodes have aired in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll check that out.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Entire arcs have been cut out along with name changes and all the violence being toned down (it gets pretty bloody sometimes)
170 episodes have been fansubbed by http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/ and I think around 260 episodes have aired in Japan.[/QUOTE]

One Piece is definitely one of my favorite series, if not my favorite. I'm glad I just watch it subbed from Kaizoku (who do an excellent job by the way) cause what i've seen from the couple dubbed episodes I've watched they did a horrible job. They changed it to the point that it didn't have the feel of the original, like how they changed the sound track to generic 4kids/CN backround music I think? And the japanese voices, especially Luffy's, aren't easily replacable. I also had been trying to keep up to date with the One Piece manga, but haven't for a while now.

What arcs did they cut out by the way? I can't imagine them being able to show much of something like the Arlong arc as it gets damn bloody sometimes.

Finished the final DVD of Miami Guns. Totally worth viewing IMO. One of the funniest and most insane shows I have seen. I'm glad Rightstuf dropped the prices on the DVDs.

I know they cut out the entire Apis arc which was a filler arc. I really don't know how they pulled off the Arlong arc considering the 6 gallons of blood Zoro loses, the death of Bellemere, and that nice self stabbing scene with Nami.

I don't know what they were thinking with the dub voices. I mean, Luffy is supposed to be 17, not 11. Funny thing is, Luffy's japanaese VA is a 51 year old woman.

Whats happened to One Piece is just as bad as what happened to Sailor Moon, minus the gender changes (one character did have his race changed though).

http://opguide.bravehost.com/ is the best edit guide out there.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I know they cut out the entire Apis arc which was a filler arc. I really don't know how they pulled off the Arlong arc considering the 6 gallons of blood Zoro loses, the death of Bellemere, and that nice self stabbing scene with Nami.

I don't know what they were thinking with the dub voices. I mean, Luffy is supposed to be 17, not 11. Funny thing is, Luffy's japanaese VA is a 51 year old woman.

Whats happened to One Piece is just as bad as what happened to Sailor Moon, minus the gender changes (one character did have his race changed though).[/QUOTE]
They cut the Little Garden arc also, I believe. From Wiki: "As of October 2005, approximately 32 episodes' worth of material had been cut from what were originally 86 episodes, meaning that roughly 37% of the series had been eliminated thus far."

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Man, I know the Apis arc wasn't that great but how could they cut out Little Garden? I loved those two giants.[/QUOTE]
Its editing makes Nami's sickness during the Drum Island arc inexplicable, too. Though, no moreso than the changing of the whale at the start of the Grand Line into an iceburg.

:rofl: They edited rice balls to cookies?! WTF was that necessary for? I can understand the cross references being edited and devil fruits becoming cursed, but rice balls??

I'm finally getting around to Planetes and I'm enjoying it so far through the first two episodes.

Also, I have a question about Bleach, how long have those 30 second mini-series clips at the end of the episodes been shown? I noticed them during my catch-up watching during winter break and I'm wondering how lon I've been ignoring them so I can watch them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Also, I have a question about Bleach, how long have those 30 second mini-series clips at the end of the episodes been shown? I noticed them during my catch-up watching during winter break and I'm wondering how lon I've been ignoring them so I can watch them.[/QUOTE]
They started not too long ago. They've been going for maybe 5 eps now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm finally getting around to Planetes and I'm enjoying it so far through the first two episodes.[/QUOTE]I enjoyed Planetes quite a lot, its a fun series, although it does get more serious in the last ~1/3 of the series

[quote name='jmcc']They started not too long ago. They've been going for maybe 5 eps now.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll have to check the end of the episodes I have to see if I can pinpoint where it started.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I enjoyed Planetes quite a lot, its a fun series, although it does get more serious in ~1/3 of the series[/QUOTE]
Cool. I could tell that it would be a fun series when I saw the people that made up the debris section. :lol: I look forward to seeing more of the series when I get the chance.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cool, I'll have to check the end of the episodes I have to see if I can pinpoint where it started.[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna wait as I'm sure someone will eventually put all the clips into one episode.

EDIT: Bleach 64 by DB is out biatchez!!! Get it! I said get it!!!!

picked up Perfect Blue the other day..it was pretty amazin'. like Vanilla Sky meets Mullholland Drive.................in Japan.

[quote name='Apossum']picked up Perfect Blue the other day..it was pretty amazin'. like Vanilla Sky meets Mullholland Drive.................in Japan.[/QUOTE]Perfect Blue has finally reached the top of my netflix queue, I'm looking forward to it, as I've heard many good things

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm just gonna wait as I'm sure someone will eventually put all the clips into one episode.

EDIT: Bleach 64 by DB is out biatchez!!! Get it! I said get it!!!![/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for 63 from Lunar. :)

Ugh. Filler time. And not good filler like Don Kanonji...

edit: and what a surprise. On watching, it turns out to be GARBAGE. And it's rewriting the manga's plot now, too, so I can only assume it will get worse.

Eee! Actual Bleach 211 is nigh! Gbhfra nccrnef gb znxr uvf svefg cbfg orgenlny nccrnenapr naq Ubyybj Vpuvtb jnagf bhg ntnva. Lbh pna frr uvz farnxvat vagb Vpuvtb'f rlrf.

[quote name='jmcc']Eee! Actual Bleach 211 is nigh! Gbhfra nccrnef gb znxr uvf svefg cbfg orgenlny nccrnenapr naq Ubyybj Vpuvtb jnagf bhg ntnva. Lbh pna frr uvz farnxvat vagb Vpuvtb'f rlrf.[/QUOTE]Yeah! I cant wait for the full raw. What caught my eye besides gbhfra jnf gung vg ybbxf yvxr Gbhfra vf nccrnevat va sebag bs Gngfhxv, abg Vpuvtb. AH! Hurry up raw!

OMG!

I hate those damn sticky security tabs they put in manga. I just ripped part of the page in of Ranma 1/2 vol. 13 while trying to get it off. :bomb:

Bleh. Stupid filler Naruto. Even stupider than usual. They had some stupid Iron chef crap (or more appropriately Iron Wok Jin). The only redeeming quality was the preview for the next episode which features one of my more favorite female kunoichi, Anko. Too bad she's just an anime character because she would totally be a hottie in real life.

well new naruto and bleach manga came out. Naruto was just a huge tease for the next couple of issues, while next week of bleach should be interesting

You know, I am seriously considering selling a large portion of my game collection to feed my anime/manga habit. I am getting a lot more joy out of it than gaming at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back