Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch Blood+? I haven't watched anything really, but the new OP really has me intrigued into watching it. Though I'm surprised that it took me so long to realize that HYDE was the singer from L'Arc~en~Ciel. Makes me feel kinda dumb.

They have new rankings on favorite characters in the new naruto manga.
1 Sasuke
2 Kakashi
3 Deidra
4 Naruto
5 Iruka
6 Sasori
7 Gaara
8 Neji
9 The 4th
10 Shinkamaru
11 Itachi
12 Sakura

on and this issues from the pics available the shit really hits the fan.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']They have new rankings on favorite characters in the new naruto manga.
1 Sasuke
2 Kakashi
3 Deidra
4 Naruto
5 Iruka
6 Sasori
7 Gaara
8 Neji
9 The 4th
10 Shinkamaru
11 Itachi
12 Sakura

on and this issues from the pics available the shit really hits the fan.[/QUOTE]

Despite my AV, Sasuke as #1? That whiny lil emo bitch? :whistle2:s

[quote name='jaykrue']Despite my AV, Sasuke as #1? That whiny lil emo bitch? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, he hasnt been in an issue in so long. I still am curious on the popularity with Iruka, he is always top 10 but he is never in the manga

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']They have new rankings on favorite characters in the new naruto manga.
1 Sasuke
2 Kakashi
3 Deidra
4 Naruto
5 Iruka
6 Sasori
7 Gaara
8 Neji
9 The 4th
10 Shinkamaru
11 Itachi
12 Sakura

on and this issues from the pics available the shit really hits the fan.[/QUOTE]That list is pretty fucking horrible.

[quote name='karsh']I'm wondering why Deidra and Sasori are so high. I didn't like either of them that much.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about Deidra but I thought Sasori's character design was purty badass so I can see why he's so high in the list.

[quote name='jaykrue']Dunno about Deidra but I thought Sasori's character design was purty badass so I can see why he's so high in the list.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Maybe. Though I personally like Plant Man best of the Akatsuki characters we know not named Itachi or Kisame. I mean come on. How cool is it to be your own Venus Fly Trap!?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That list is pretty fucking horrible.[/QUOTE]Mine would go more like this:

1. Shikamaru
2. Temari
3. Gaara
4. Orochimaru
5. Itachi
6. Tayuya
7. Haku
8. Zabuza
9. Kakashi
10. Hinata
11. Shino
12. Anko

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mine would go more like this:

1. Shikamaru
2. Temari
3. Gaara
4. Orochimaru
5. Itachi
6. Tayuya
7. Haku
8. Zabuza
9. Kakashi
10. Hinata
11. Shino
12. Anko[/QUOTE]

1. Jiraiya
2. Shikamaru
3. Gaara
4. Naruto
5. Shino
6. Kakashi
7. Gai
8. Itachi
9. Sasori
10. Oro
11. 3rd
12. 4th

Only reason for my #1 is that Jiraiya always cracks me up but can crack skulls at the same time.

here is the image for this week http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24123950321rr.jpg

from my limited japanese and my ability to read other's english translation. Someone's secret mission begins now!

[quote name='karsh']I dunno. Maybe. Though I personally like Plant Man best of the Akatsuki characters we know not named Itachi or Kisame. I mean come on. How cool is it to be your own Venus Fly Trap!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Plant Man was cool but I thought Sasori's Scorpion puppet was sweet. It looked completely wicked... despite the fact that Sakura just blew it up easily. :lol:

I gotta say, episode 9 of TSR was pretty hard to watch, if only cause Chidori has always been my favorite character in the FMP shows. Though I wasn't surprised at the silver-haired man's identity. I sorta figured that out after they mentioned Captain Bitch had a brother. And I'm also fairly sure who the two lesbian-sister-ninja's sensei is, considering I know a certain character from the first series shows up again in this one. But I really like TSR so far. I just wish Sousuke would realize how he actually feels about Chidori, instead of becoming Captain Mopey, cause that's hitting too close to too many other mecha anime, and I was hoping we wouldn't have to go there in FMP.

I just got Maison Ikkoku and it got me wondering...

Urusei Yatsura is only subbed. Does anyone think it will ever be dubbed? I don't have a probably watching subbed shows but I prefer dubbed when possible. I know it has a lot of episodes so it is probably unlikely, but it is something I evetually want to buy one day and I figured I'd ask anyway.

Okay...I think it's safe to say Sousuke is one badass dude at the end of episode 12 of TSR. Wow did I not expect that at all. I knew it was going to be him, but I did not expect Sousuke to snap like he did. Wow.

Finally got to see Only Yesterday tonight on TCM. It was nice to sit down and watch a nice anime that doesn't have any pirates or giant robots.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Pom Poko is on in 1 hour! (for me at least) :D[/QUOTE]

I have the subbed version of Only Yesterday on now. Then it is off to bed for me.

I gotta say, I'm kinda sad that now I've completely finished FMP as far as it's been released so far. I hope a fourth series starts sometime soon now. I think part of what makes this such a great show in my mind is definitely the way the characters interact. Especially Sousuke and Chidori.

How many episodes of DBZ Ultimate Uncut did Toonami license to air? I'm tired of the craptastic dub that they've been showing the past few weeks. :whistle2:(

Why do most anime and Final Fantasy fans consult the teenager anime emoticon handbook before saying anything?

KEKEKEKEKE u_u n_n v_v e_e i_i !_! ?_O o_O O.O KKK_KKK A_A

It's annoying.

[quote name='Blade']Why do most anime and Final Fantasy fans consult the teenager anime emoticon handbook before saying anything?

KEKEKEKEKE u_u n_n v_v e_e i_i !_! ?_O o_O O.O KKK_KKK A_A

It's annoying.[/QUOTE]
:shock: I'd only use them when an emoticon/smilie isn't available for it, but I haven't seen or knew about any of those besides what I bolded.

Can I just say WOW at the new opening for Mai Otome. The song is pretty damn awesome, and the opening itself is awesome. Plus, I love a certain character showing up in it. And Natsuki's Meister Robes. And Spider-woman-Nao.

[quote name='karsh']Can I just say WOW at the new opening for Mai Otome. The song is pretty damn awesome, and the opening itself is awesome. Plus, I love a certain character showing up in it. And Natsuki's Meister Robes. And Spider-woman-Nao.[/QUOTE]

I knew a new OP was coming out since I lurked the AnimeSuki boards, but I still haven't gotten a chance to see ep 16 since it came out late tonight and I don't have enough time to get it before I go back to school tomorrow. Looks like I can't watch it until tomorrow night.

I just hope with the new OP and "certain character" showing up in it means that we will see that "certain character" very soon.

On a side note, I'm enjoying Fate/Stay Night quite a lot. It reminds me a bit of Mai Hime with the Servants and the seven Masters duking it out for the Holy Grail (Childs and the 12 Himes fighting it out). Of course, in F/SN case, the Servants were humans, and could talk to their Masters.

currently DLing the Hellsing ova Digest.

from the trailer, it looks like they're doing the series right this time around. so glad they're following the manga, it's too good. anything else would completely suck ass (like the series)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Bleach 212 was a bit dissappointing, but I should have expected something like that.[/QUOTE]

yeah I mean thats goin to push him to the Vs, which will increase his power at least, I am still waitin for Sado to power up

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yeah I mean thats goin to push him to the Vs, which will increase his power at least, I am still waitin for Sado to power up[/QUOTE]I knew it was going to be cut short, but I was kind of hoping someone else would show up and do something. I mean, I think we all know how he's feeling about his power level now, we didn't need to see it again.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I knew it was going to be cut short, but I was kind of hoping someone else would show up and do something. I mean, I think we all know how he's feeling about his power level now, we didn't need to see it again.[/QUOTE]

yeah it like watchin someone get kicked in the nuts over and over again. I kinda wish one of the Vs arrived and we could see how powerful they really are. It should be awhile before anything interesting actually happens too, at least we got Naruto.

I agree with the above points about bleach, hopefully he doesnt go into one of his emo slumps again,

Anyways, I had a great weekend at Ushi-con, Austin's local anime convention,
I'll post my what I bought and I'll make a photoalbum or make a zip files of the pictures of cosplayers I took tomorrow

One of the highlights of the convention was during the Manly Man Rally (basically clips of what real men are like, ie Manly men do/are ____).

During the rally, there was a clip of Mononoke-Hime when the wolf girl runs in to attack and starts duking it out with the leader of the settlement and the main character's arm starts going all crazy and he knocks them both out.
After they're knocked out, someone in the audience yells out "Aww...no 2 girl action?" so I called out "One's 6 years old!" and another person shouts "They're unconcious!".
The first guy laughs and says "That's the best way" :rofl:

Finally caught up on my Naruto filler. I must say 169 was much better than anything they've shown in a while. Maybe it's because I think Anko is damn cool.

Soldats finally finished releasing the last of Monster tonight. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you've been missing out on the best anime of the last few years. No contest.

Blah, blah, blah, Bleach, blah, Naruto, blah, blah.

Soldats finally finished releasing the last of Monster tonight. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you've been missing out on the best anime of the last few years. No contest.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Blah, blah, blah, Bleach, blah, Naruto, blah, blah.

Soldats finally finished releasing the last of Monster tonight. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you've been missing out on the best anime of the last few years. No contest.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll just wait until it shows on Adult Swim.

Soldats finally finished releasing the last of Monster tonight. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you've been missing out on the best anime of the last few years. No contest.[/QUOTE]It's about time. Now I might start watching it (already had 1-67 downloaded).

I gotta say, now that I've gotten back into watching Monster, it's definitely picking up now that Nina/Anna is more involved, or at least at this point (just watched episode 6). Gotta find some way to get more than the first 26 episodes, since it's all I downloaded and torrents no longer work for me at college again and no one on DC has it.

Soldats finally finished releasing the last of Monster tonight. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you've been missing out on the best anime of the last few years. No contest.[/QUOTE]

So what is this monster all about since it appears to be such thought provoking, intelligent, high brow, rare, deep series, at least compared to the brainless naruto and bleach

From Animenewsnetwork:

Plot Summary: Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.

Although Kirin may go a little overboard with the hatred of Naruto and Bleach in favor of Monster, it's definitely a lot more mature and thought-provoking and character-driven than Naruto or Bleach. Don't go into it expecting another shonen action-fest, but instead look for a serious drama that is awesome. I'm really enjoying Monster through the seven episodes I've seen so far.

Why do I feel like from the new OP for Otome, that Aswald is gonna be joining Galderobe by the next episode? Just a gut feeling.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Naruto 170 is up, about less than an hour ago.[/QUOTE]
Or you could watch Monster, something infinitely more interesting and well-written!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back