Any CAG's in NC?

The Best Buys in Greenville and Gardner will match TRU's deal on RB2 for 109.99 and give you a 25 gift card, and looked at both the Target's in Greenville and Garder and no clerance games, nothing note worthy atleast.

Any word on if the PnT in Garner is going OOB? That's the first PnT I've been to, and my bro (who still lives up there) loves that store. I even got my first 3 real HD DVDs from there (Bourne Trilogy for $30 last May).

[quote name='ryoga79']Any word on if the PnT in Garner is going OOB? That's the first PnT I've been to, and my bro (who still lives up there) loves that store. I even got my first 3 real HD DVDs from there (Bourne Trilogy for $30 last May).[/quote]

No way. The Garner PnT is the top grossing PnT franchise out of the entire organization. Joe knows how to run his store well and I don't think it will go out of business any time soon.

Greensboro, well, TECHNICALLY Pleasant Garden here! I never knew there were so many people from my area on here! Means I have to really get the ball rolling on my deal hunts.

has anybody checked for clearance games in radio shack's in the raleigh area? i stopped by the brier creek location and it was a no go. after asking the associate there he seemed to think maybe the mall store's would be best to check but i haven't had the chance to yet and just wanted to see if anyone else had.

Clayton NC here ;) - Radio Shack out this way is wiped btw

[quote name='ryoga79']Any word on if the PnT in Garner is going OOB? That's the first PnT I've been to, and my bro (who still lives up there) loves that store. I even got my first 3 real HD DVDs from there (Bourne Trilogy for $30 last May).[/quote]

Haven't heard anything, but there have been more then usually of price drops lately...

[quote name='kodos64']has anybody checked for clearance games in radio shack's in the raleigh area? i stopped by the brier creek location and it was a no go. after asking the associate there he seemed to think maybe the mall store's would be best to check but i haven't had the chance to yet and just wanted to see if anyone else had.[/quote]

I haven't been to any Radio Shacks, the only I've ever check was the one in the Crabtree mall and I didn't see anything. I do however check the 2 targets weekly on capital for their video game clearances. If you let me know what system your looking for (I only look for 360 games) I'll post in here what I've found. If others do the same, it would help us keep informed on the good deals in the area.

[quote name='homeland']I haven't been to any Radio Shacks, the only I've ever check was the one in the Crabtree mall and I didn't see anything. I do however check the 2 targets weekly on capital for their video game clearances. If you let me know what system your looking for (I only look for 360 games) I'll post in here what I've found. If others do the same, it would help us keep informed on the good deals in the area.[/QUOTE]

i try to hit the supertarget once a week myself, but was able to leave a big update for the ghetto target on capital in the target clearance thread last week. i'll try and make sure i at least copy that post to this thread too next time.

almost forgot, thx for the rs nfo. :)

FYI... the Greatland Target in Brier Creek (raleigh) was loaded w/ 360 games yesterday. multiple copies of last remanent, soul calibur 4, bros in arms HH, and unreal tournament. most were $30. i have seen a hoarder there before so if you want something definately act fast.

i'll prolly post this same thing in the target clearance thread later today or tomorrow so everyone here has a little bit of a head start. ;)

[quote name='Doomstink']No way. The Garner PnT is the top grossing PnT franchise out of the entire organization. Joe knows how to run his store well and I don't think it will go out of business any time soon.[/quote]

Yea, thats news to me, and i still get his email deals every week even when im down here.

He must have been thinking Gibson's store...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Yea, thats news to me, and i still get his email deals every week even when im down here.

He must have been thinking Gibson's store...[/QUOTE]

The store in Wakefield was a real mess. Very low stock in general, lack of stock for several high-profile titles, forced Wii bundles, etc...

I was in there once and a dad was asking the salesperson about a Wii cheerleading game for his daughter. The sales dude made a smartass remark and giggled about the idea of a cheerleading game.

heehee, wow. :applause:

The only time i got anything from the wakefield store was Street Fighter Collection and StrangleHold for xbox, and a Master System game Great Baseball.

He had PC games, but they really dont sell, and he cant really take them back if someone returned them, because the code on them has been used.

Me and Doomstink went by one day and his original idea was to have a bar, but he was "i would get drunk all the time". I think he could have fused a bar and a PnT in one area, or a ABC store and a video game store. Sure, hes not going to sell much video games, but at least he will be in bussiness one way or another.;)

So now hes got his Cary store which im guessing is still open. Ive only been there like twice since it opened last year, really not alot there...

Yeah. The Wakefield store was just bad. I went in there a few times and the stock was always low. VERY low. And the employee attitudes were beyond horrible. As much as people hate GameStop, the GameStop in the Wal-Mart shopping center just across from Wakefield was and still is very good. It was no wonder that the Wakefield PnT shut down.

just a Target update for those that look for clearance games. Its rather a disappointing time for clearance games. Hopefully it'll pick up again!

Raleigh on Capital behind the mall:
Nothing

Garner:
Nothing

Knightsdale:
:ps3: Naruto $41
:360: xblade $41
:360: Baseball manager $41

I was just in the Target on Capital in Wake Forest over the weekend. They had a ton of Soul Calibur IV for the PS3 for $25 a pop. Regular version, of course.

[quote name='Travisntucker']I was just in the Target on Capital in Wake Forest over the weekend. They had a ton of Soul Calibur IV for the PS3 for $25 a pop. Regular version, of course.[/quote]

Thanks for the update. Probably going there Friday. See if there's any movement. Will post if there is.

anybody thats near raleigh, there is a very nice fye (depending on who is working that day) in dunn/erwin, always has some kind of deal going on, i usually go there and get uber cheap games, generally i never spend more than 10-15 for a game thats been out more than a couple months, games always look mint and are full case/manual. never traded with them, since i dont trade in my games, but have heard from my friend that does that the rates are usually better than gamestop but not as good as blockbuster

It seems I'm the 3rd person from Gastonia. I moved 5 minutes over the border to Clover, SC, but we still do everything in good ol' G-Town.

did anyone find any guides from the bb drop in raleigh and did you leave any? i posted on the penny guide thread about a few i found at the brier creek location.

if anyone found any extra street fighter 4 guides and weren't able to find one they wanted let me know i was able to grab some of the others but sf4 was the one i really want.

[quote name='kodos64']did anyone find any guides from the bb drop in raleigh and did you leave any? i posted on the penny guide thread about a few i found at the brier creek location.

if anyone found any extra street fighter 4 guides and weren't able to find one they wanted let me know i was able to grab some of the others but sf4 was the one i really want.[/QUOTE]

Not into Guides but did u check the one on Capital? I live right by there and can look to see if they have the SF4 guide.

[quote name='homeland']Not into Guides but did u check the one on Capital? I live right by there and can look to see if they have the SF4 guide.[/QUOTE]

didn't get to try on monday but a few months ago i went in at 10am on a drop day and i saw someone walking out with 30+ guides and by the time i got in the store they had pulled anything the previous person hadn't bought.

in far fewer words: i doubt they have any left. thx tho!

[quote name='babylonian']Apparently the street date for Bayonetta is being broken all over the place. Anyone see copies anywhere in NC?[/QUOTE]

This. Would love to grab my brother an early Christmas gift.

I'm in Burlington, has anyone seen any PS3 systems in stock at any Walmarts around here? I've been to the ones in Alamance County, but maybe someone has seen one in the Greensboro/Durham area. I've got a pile of giftcards, which is why I'm specifically looking at Walmart. Calling the stores does no good, since nobody in electronics seems to pick up the phone.

Raleigh here...about two steps from Cary...

For the person talking about guides earlier (and anyone else who is interested), a good (and often cheap) place to look for guides for cheap is Ed Mckay on Capital. They won't always have what you want, but you can find some great stuff there from time to time. I got an FF XII LE Collector's Edition guide from there on yesterday from $6. It includes the artbook and is in excellent condition. I also got Quantum of Solace (PS3) for $3...not a spectacular game, but one I have been wanting to play...and for cheap! FYI, Ed Mckay also has stores in Fayetteville, Greensboro, and Winston.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sophicous']Yea Ed Mckay is great. I need to make a point to check out the one in Greensboro more often[/QUOTE]

I think the Greensboro store is my favorite, but i am not in that part of the state enough. The Raleigh and Fayetteville stores should know me by name...lol.

For you Raleigh area CAG'ers, the Target in Cary has Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Edition (360) for $55.98. They had 7 or 8 copies on Monday afternoon (1/18). You can find it on the top shelf of one of the endcaps with the other clearance games.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back