any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='Ristamar']York... ghetto? I lived just outside York (in a little town called Mount Wolf) for 20+ years. Aside from the rough spots within the small city itself, the area and it's suburbs are hardly ghetto by any strech of the imagination. All in all, it's pretty tame and quiet around here. 99% percent of time, the only way to find trouble is if you actively go looking to find/start trouble.[/QUOTE]
All the suburbs outside of York are nice, (Suburban, West York and such), but the city itself is terrible. Didn't you see in the news that some lady got shot and killed on her porch a little while back?

I live in Pottsville, Pa. Home of Yuengling Beer - America's oldest brewery. Our only claim to fame.

the Burgh here...

grew up in Regent Square (Edgewood/Swissvale).. went to IUP... brother is the manager of a bar in the Square (D'z Six Packs and Dogz)

Currently in Broomall, just a few minutes outside of Philly. work out of Radnor/St. Davids. Was transferred from Naples, Fl, and was transferred there from Middletown, CT. any more f*ing transfers and I'm going Michael Douglas/"FallingDown".

I live in Bethlehem. All in all, pretty many game stores within 15 minutes of driving, though nothing in Bethlehem itself.

Our claim to fame...Musikfest and Celtic Fest which hosts the Highland games national championships!

[quote name='thagoat']They live in the southside to take advantage of the drunk, slutty,:applause: 20 year old pussy:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

lol, good one.

[quote name='docvinh']All the suburbs outside of York are nice, (Suburban, West York and such), but the city itself is terrible. Didn't you see in the news that some lady got shot and killed on her porch a little while back?[/QUOTE]

Yes, admittedly, that sort of stuff seems to have gotten worse the last handful of years, but compared to the rough areas of cities like Philly, it's pretty tame.

Lots of people in the Western suburbs here. I just signed up on Meetup, I suggest everyone else do the same so we can get some gaming in over the holidays.

http://videogame.meetup.com/106/

Also if anyone wants to send their gamertag to me so we can start comparing gamerscores and leaderboards, that would be cool!

Jeremy

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']grew up in bucks county langhorne, went to school at Pitt, and now back in langhorne for the time being[/QUOTE]

Pitt sucks !!!!

representing Allentown.....(its aight)

[quote name='chrisflyer']Pittsburgh, Oakland sector. Senior at Pitt, who knows if I'll be here after that!

I NEED WORK.[/QUOTE]

what is your major??

For those in the southeast....I was at the TRU in Exton, PA about around 11am today for the $10 clearance sale and found out they have a few 360's in stock for anyone interested. I personally didn't purchase one as I'm waiting for the PS3. They had gotten 7 of them in and sold 2 while I was there. They are selling them as a bundle for either $600 or $650 (not sure if basic or premium, but I think I saw the premium white box if that helps). I should also note that they still had the "out of stock" sign up, so people may not realize they have them. Ready, set, run!

TRU update for those in the York/Harrisburg area:

The TRU by Capital City Mall still had a decent amount of games left this morning, but it could be picked over by now. Two guys with a list from CAG (I assume) got a bunch of games, and I bought a few, as well. I know for certain Pikmin 2, DDS, and Four Swords are sold out, as is Winning Eleven 8 on the PS2.

I picked up FF 1&2, VJ2 (GC), Doom 3, Fight Night 2 (GC).

At the TRU by the Harrisburg Mall, they had no games sitting out and most of the slips had not been updated (except for Tekken 5, which was tagged at $9.98). No DDS in stock, but most everything else seemed to be available as of 11am.

From there, I got Bard's Tale (PS2), WE8, and Four Swords.

From Bucks County. Currently living in Feasterville with my beyatch. Working in the Philly school system makes me gassy.

[quote name='hinkbert']I live near Lancaster, PA. I hate most of the people here, a lot of them seem to think that the South won the Civil War, and that fake testicles hanging from their truck are cool. I love the license plates of the Conferate Flag that have an Eagle on them and the words "God Bless The USA", nothing at all contradictory about that you jackasses. Travelling thru Columbia I actually say a low-rider truck that had a sticker on the back saying "Too low for fat hoes", disgusting enviroment. Good amount of game stores though, can't complain about that.[/QUOTE]

I live in Lancaster city proper, and you must be refering to the people from outlying areas, like Quarryville and Ronks. Those folks are generally redneckalicious, but the people in the city aren't bad at all.

We truly do have a large number of game stores though! I usually go to the EB at the shopping center with the new Wal-mart on Fruitville, they have a good selection of new and used games and actually knowledgable staff.

I was visiting a friend that goes to Penn State, Lehigh Valley and we sung by the Whitehall Best Buy, which has three core systems in stock. If you really want one...

[quote name='Chorazin']I live in Lancaster city proper, and you must be refering to the people from outlying areas, like Quarryville and Ronks. Those folks are generally redneckalicious, but the people in the city aren't bad at all.

We truly do have a large number of game stores though! I usually go to the EB at the shopping center with the new Wal-mart on Fruitville, they have a good selection of new and used games and actually knowledgable staff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the people who live in the city are pretty normal, but the smaller towns in the county have some pretty stupid jackasses. I live in Maytown, and Marietta and Columbia are down the street from me, and let me tell you they have some real "winners" there.

That EB on Fruitville pike is pretty good, I went there a lot recently to pick up old NES games 1/2 off. The TRU is usually pretty good when those large clearances happen. It's too bad that shopping can be a pain though because of the crappy, congested roads around Lancaster.

[quote name='Timothyx']Kennett Square, near the DE border.[/QUOTE]

I live in Oxford PA and work in the EBGames in the Longwood Shoppes in Kennet Square. Its a 20 min drive for me.

[quote name='Psydrogen']New Kensington, a little north of Pittsburgh, and damn proud of it.[/QUOTE]

hahaha...living in New Ken.. I live in Springdale..

I work in State College, and Live in Huntingdon, PA. Small town, cool people and cheap as hell to live. I love it here.

[quote name='whitedeath']iam in scranton any people near there :)[/QUOTE]

I live about 35-40 minutes east of Scranton down I-84. We're building a house off the Milford exit. Not much out this way, but I'm close to NJ & NY so that's a plus. I'm originally from the Binghamton, NY area though, so I'm pretty familiar with Scranton. There are a few places I hit up for games every now and then. You just have to know where to look;)

[quote name='seanr1221']Norristown PA here.[/QUOTE]

I used to service the Home Depot here when I worked for a vendor. There are some decent stores around for games. Actually there is a great store for used games and movies down near Upper Darby, PA. Which I realize is south of where you are but I picked up some good stuff there before.:D

[quote name='mofo1115']I actually live in NJ but I'm going to school at CMU so I'm here in Pittsburgh for most of the year.

I like it here![/QUOTE]

You must have really hated NJ to be liking Pittsburgh. There's a reason I'm applying to a bunch of California schools for REUs instead of staying here in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='shiningslade']I live about 35-40 minutes east of Scranton down I-84. We're building a house off the Milford exit. Not much out this way, but I'm close to NJ & NY so that's a plus. I'm originally from the Binghamton, NY area though, so I'm pretty familiar with Scranton. There are a few places I hit up for games every now and then. You just have to know where to look;)
[/QUOTE]

Do you go by Scottrun on I-80 alot and if so do you also think it says "Scrotum" at first glance?

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you go by Scottrun on I-80 alot and if so do you also think it says "Scrotum" at first glance?[/QUOTE]

I do everytime I go that way. It kills me.

[quote name='Storamin']you guys in the boonies... sheesh.[/QUOTE]
i grew up in Regent Square though and went to Woodland Hills High School

[quote name='BackInBlack']I live in Oxford PA and work in the EBGames in the Longwood Shoppes in Kennet Square. Its a 20 min drive for me.[/QUOTE]

i live a few minutes away from there, and go there often. it is nice and my primary EB. the end.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I work in State College, and Live in Huntingdon, PA. Small town, cool people and cheap as hell to live. I love it here.[/QUOTE]

Wow, never expected a CAGger in Huntingdon. I liked it when I lived there in college, but I didn't game then either. There is NO shopping in the area! Must have stores to find clearance games! Living in the retail heaven of the Philly suburbs now, I couldn't go back...

[quote name='BackInBlack']I live in Oxford PA and work in the EBGames in the Longwood Shoppes in Kennet Square. Its a 20 min drive for me.[/QUOTE]

Ah, great store for back when EB still had classics for sale -- the manager hooked me up with some rare cartridge games, and I've since run into him twice in Exton, more than a 1/2 hour away. Of course, I also had a horrible horrible experience there where a clerk flipped his lid when I tried to return an ebgames.com purchase. (Seriously, I thought he was gonna have an aneurysm.) The other clerks I've met there have all been very friendly and well-socialized -- I'll just assume you're one of them. 8)

bread's done
Back