any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='shiningslade']

I used to service the Home Depot here when I worked for a vendor. There are some decent stores around for games. Actually there is a great store for used games and movies down near Upper Darby, PA. Which I realize is south of where you are but I picked up some good stuff there before.:D[/QUOTE]

What's the stores name?

Also, anyone ever go to the King Of Prussia mall? I'm there pretty often. Not only do I think it is the second biggest mall in the nation, but I'm pretty sure the EB that's there is the first EB ever.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's the stores name?

Also, anyone ever go to the King Of Prussia mall? I'm there pretty often. Not only do I think it is the second biggest mall in the nation, but I'm pretty sure the EB that's there is the first EB ever.[/QUOTE]

I'm from Upper Darby. If i'm thinking of the same store he is, its called "Preplayed." On Baltimore Pike in Springfield directly across from the old I.Goldberg building...about a block down from the U.D. Home Depot. They also have a good amount of used cds.

[quote name='Corrado']I'm from Upper Darby. If i'm thinking of the same store he is, its called "Preplayed." On Baltimore Pike in Springfield directly across from the old I.Goldberg building...about a block down from the U.D. Home Depot. They also have a good amount of used cds.[/quote]

I grew up in UD myself - though it was pretty close to Drexel Hill, Havertown than UD proper.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I grew up in UD myself - though it was pretty close to Drexel Hill, Havertown than UD proper.[/QUOTE]

haha i'm two minutes from Havertown. My cousin lives there. :)

Bethlehem, PA here. I'm sure there's a healthy amount of gamers out here, it's hard to find them. Aside from the clerks @ various stores like GameCrazy/EBGames/Etc, all I ever see shopping in game stores are moms and dad's whose kids drag them into the store :(

The game store in Franklin Mills, "Game Store (pretty creative huh?)," has Trauma Center in stock for $30. They also have Rez, brand new, for $50.

[quote name='SoulReaver']The game store in Franklin Mills, "Game Store (pretty creative huh?)," has Trauma Center in stock for $30. They also have Rez, brand new, for $50.[/quote] Forgot to mention they have Growslanser Generation Collector's Edition sealed! $80.

South of Pittsbugh.......In Washington County

If anyone ever wants to go hit some flee markets to look for games or other cheap stuff let me know.

I try to go to a few flee markets every other week.

Scranton, PA CAG here. Although, I do tend to 'invade' other areas for copies of the newer penny guides and what not.

I don't know WHO around here keeps cleaning out the Best Buy and TRU stores of good, cheap games and guides, but its kind of annoying at times.

Although, I know the Wilkes-Barre Best Buy kept getting 'hit' from the one clerk there, who was Ebaying the penny guides.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in. If there's any CAGs in the area who maybe wanna hit up another area for stuff sometime soon, give me a PM, we'll make a run.

If any Cag's are around Pittsburgh, I'm having a garage sale today, Saturday the 22nd 8-1(ish). If you're from CAG tell me, and I'll CAG it up pricewise for however low I can go. It's the best I can do. . .

114 Valley View Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15215 (and is a part of a much larger street sale going on at the exact same time)

I'm a part time PA CAG since I'm in Grove City for college. I am SOL when it comes to game stores, because the Gamestop up at the outlet malls is gone, and the walmart is crappy. It doesn't even have play and charge kits for the 360.

I live in a small borough called weatherly. Basically it is in the middle of nowhere, but at the same time I am within a hour and a half from major places.
My clostest place is Hazleton (don't go there for games, the only rare games I found there were call of cthulhu ($20 new at gamestop for x-box and they had a few copies left when I got mine bout a month ago). As of other games, there is limited quanities of good games (if you mean Dreamcast or older forget it).

As of these next places I can't comment on the deals.

My next closest place is wilkes-barre pa (which is about half a hour). I don't go there often so I don't know how good the deals are.

I live about 45 minutes from pottsville (there is a EB games in the mall at frackville) then again that is like twice a year I go there.

I live about over a hour from whitehall or allentown (although I never go there).

I go to college in bloomsburg (which is about an hour and a half), strangely enough I haven't been in the EB games or Gamestop there because I don't have a car on campus, but if I did...

Spring-Ford area CAG here. If you know where that is, you probably live and/or work here, and, as such, I feel your pain. ;) Stone's throw from KOP and the Coventry Mall, though, so I can't really complain.

Pittsburgh represented.

For cheap games, you cannot beat CD Warehouse in Monroeville, Greensburg, and Robinson.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Pittsburgh here too, The exchange used to be the best spot, once grabbed suikoden 2 mint for $20.[/quote]

Value city, I bought Suikoden 1 and 2 still wraped for 10 dollars in a package

[quote name='lvgamer1']Just moved to Monroeville area (just east of Pittsburgh)

Can anyone point me to some of the best places around here?[/quote]

Monroeville Mall has FYE, EBGames, Gamestop, Best Buy across the street. Where the bowling alley is near Miracle Mile, there is a Record Exchange (great place for used games). Also there is another Gamestop and CD Warehouse in another Plaza close to the mall... Across from Lowes is Circuit City... and above Lowes is CompUSA..

I used to live about 5 minutes from Longwood Gardens, so close enough to Kennett Square. I've since moved to Downingtown.

Anyone know of any Pittsburgh area Gamestop/eb's that are doing a midnight Wii release tomorrow? The century three mall Gamestop (the one outside the mall) had told me earlier in the week that it wasn't happening, which sucks because that is where my pre order is at..but that may have changed with GS announcing 2000 stores to hold midnight events.

Anyone see any campers out at stores for the Wii yet? I had to pick up something at the King of Prussia BestBuy and they were already camped out 5 deep for the Wii at 10AM on Saturday. Anyone see anyone else at any stores?

There were about 5 people camped out at the Exton Walmart, drove by Circuit City there were maybe 10 people in line there. The other night for the PS3, there were a lot more people out there.

has anyone had any luck with the kmart clerance's in the pittsburgh area towards century three mall? I've been meaning to check not sure if they repriced them tho

[quote name='xbox_mole']Anyone see any campers out at stores for the Wii yet? I had to pick up something at the King of Prussia BestBuy and they were already camped out 5 deep for the Wii at 10AM on Saturday. Anyone see anyone else at any stores?[/QUOTE]

Haha awesome. You, me and Pooky should chill. We met previously at that Best Buy :)

I live fairly close to reading and lebanon. My favorite game shop near me is a place called game traders club. It carries tons of games.

[quote name='jPoD']Haha awesome. You, me and Pooky should chill. We met previously at that Best Buy :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool. :)

I got to Target in Oaks at 5:45 AM and there was a healthy line. They had 60 total. I turned out to be #32. I think they only had to turn 1 person away that was already lined up when they gave out the tickets @ 7:15 AM. They were also giving out information sheets with a list of all of the games that they had available. 4 of them they had not received, but were taking names from folks lined up for the Wii and if you wanted a title they would call you and reserve it when it came in since you waited outside. They were doing the sweet deal with a $20 GiftCard with the purchase of 3 titles. I picked up 4 games, 2 points cards and the system. They didn't have any Trauma center, so I shot over to BestBuy, passing TRU on the way with them still lined up for a 10:00 AM (?) open, and headed to BestBuy where the last Wiiers were coming out with their beloved consoles in hand. Picked up Trauma center with a Gamer's Gift Card and I'm fairly set now. I'll be Wiiing hopefully starting Wednesday night. :)

Hello again...

This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know of any 'tower records'-like stores in the Monroeville area?

I'm looking for a place that stocks toys, books, etc. that are not commonly found in TRU. Basically a place that stocks the rarer or harder to find items.

[quote name='lvgamer1']Hello again...

This is kind of off topic, but does anyone know of any 'tower records'-like stores in the Monroeville area?

I'm looking for a place that stocks toys, books, etc. that are not commonly found in TRU. Basically a place that stocks the rarer or harder to find items.[/quote]

check out The Record Exchange. they sometimes have that stuff. For toys, check out the Phantom of the Attic near McDonalds.

I have an interview at a company near king of prussia. I am used to companies requiring dinner with the candidates the evening before the interview, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this interview. Regardless, I will have some free time tomorrow, but no access to a car. I am staying at a hotel less than a mile from the mall, so that is pretty much a given. (It is pathetic to say this, but I don't have any Christmas presents for anyone yet since getting laid off around thanksgiving/having to launch into job search mode quickly.) Any recommendations of other touristy stuff to do?

You'll be just a hop, skip and a jump away from Valley Forge National Park. It's definitely worth a visit. (It's actually one of my favorite places in this area.) Good luck on your interview!

[quote name='daria19']I have an interview at a company near king of prussia. I am used to companies requiring dinner with the candidates the evening before the interview, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this interview. Regardless, I will have some free time tomorrow, but no access to a car. I am staying at a hotel less than a mile from the mall, so that is pretty much a given. (It is pathetic to say this, but I don't have any Christmas presents for anyone yet since getting laid off around thanksgiving/having to launch into job search mode quickly.) Any recommendations of other touristy stuff to do?[/quote]

Touristy stuff to do within walking distance (or by mass transit) when you're in one of the hotels within a mile of the KOP mall....ummm.....no, I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank. Methinks you will be joining the holiday shoppers at the mall (which I personally consider rather overrated.)

I can't think of too many places nearby that offer anything fun to do, really. The mall draws too many of the consumer dollars around here. Out of curiosity, which company in our lovely KOP area is it, that you interviewed with?

[edit: I hadn't considered suggesting the Valley Forge national park at this time of year, MidnightRain; do folks still venture over there in this weather?]

[quote name='daria19']I have an interview at a company near king of prussia. I am used to companies requiring dinner with the candidates the evening before the interview, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this interview. Regardless, I will have some free time tomorrow, but no access to a car. I am staying at a hotel less than a mile from the mall, so that is pretty much a given. (It is pathetic to say this, but I don't have any Christmas presents for anyone yet since getting laid off around thanksgiving/having to launch into job search mode quickly.) Any recommendations of other touristy stuff to do?[/QUOTE]

What company? My dad's former company is in the KOP area. You can PM me if you want.

[quote name='RBM'][edit: I hadn't considered suggesting the Valley Forge national park at this time of year, MidnightRain; do folks still venture over there in this weather?][/quote]

It's certainly not as crowded as it is in the summer, but there are still a lot of visitors. I actually prefer going in the wintertime; it's so peaceful. The cold also gives you a real appreciation for the troops who spent the winter there.

If you visit during the winter, be sure to stop in to the cabin gift shop near the Washington Memorial Chapel. They usually have free hot apple cider available in cold weather. :)

For those within driving distance of the route 30 and 48 (North Versailles - check store locater) KMART, there were still tons of games there, both in the PDQ (2 of them- full) display and in the cage.

I mainly looked at the PS2 stuff, but there were A LOT of games there for other systems.

I grabbed the last Ape Escape3 and a Metal Slug 4/5 (one left) for $14 +tax together.

The KMART in Monroeville still has some games in the PDQ and a FULL rack right next next to the electronics counter, although it seemed a fair amount of the PS2 stuff was gone.

FYI - I've checked for most of the "pennied" games - none found.

[quote name='jPoD']What company? My dad's former company is in the KOP area. You can PM me if you want.[/QUOTE]

I have an offer from GSK, and will be moving to KOP in a week or so. (I will be at the old SmithKline site in KOP, a few minutes away from the mall.) I ended up going to the mall the night before the interview for dinner, and walked around a little (but estimate that I probably only saw half the place sofar). The whole thing was a bit overwhelming, but malls are basically the same. Legal Sea Foods is worth checking out when they open.

Thanks for the advice regarding tourist attractions. I will be looking for stuff to do after the boxes are (mostly) unpacked.

Congrats on the job! Yeah, the KOP mall can be a bit overwhelming at first. Once you figure out what and where your favorite stores are, you can go in there with a plan of attack. My friends and I have it down to a science as to where to park, which stores to hit first, etc. Makes trips there a lot easier.

[quote name='daria19']I have an offer from GSK, and will be moving to KOP in a week or so. (I will be at the old SmithKline site in KOP, a few minutes away from the mall.) I ended up going to the mall the night before the interview for dinner, and walked around a little (but estimate that I probably only saw half the place sofar). The whole thing was a bit overwhelming, but malls are basically the same. Legal Sea Foods is worth checking out when they open.

Thanks for the advice regarding tourist attractions. I will be looking for stuff to do after the boxes are (mostly) unpacked.[/quote]

[quote name='MidnightRain']Congrats on the job! Yeah, the KOP mall can be a bit overwhelming at first. Once you figure out what and where your favorite stores are, you can go in there with a plan of attack. My friends and I have it down to a science as to where to park, which stores to hit first, etc. Makes trips there a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

Where do you go, SFAHS?

[quote name='daria19']I have an offer from GSK, and will be moving to KOP in a week or so. (I will be at the old SmithKline site in KOP, a few minutes away from the mall.) I ended up going to the mall the night before the interview for dinner, and walked around a little (but estimate that I probably only saw half the place sofar). The whole thing was a bit overwhelming, but malls are basically the same. Legal Sea Foods is worth checking out when they open.

Thanks for the advice regarding tourist attractions. I will be looking for stuff to do after the boxes are (mostly) unpacked.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! GSK is a great company. Not too far from my dad's old company. You'll find plenty to do here, but i'm really glad to leave the area. 18 years here is too much :p Where are you relocating from?

bread's done
Back