any pennsylvania cag's here

[quote name='jimfoley16']Attending Lock Haven U. this upcoming semester. How is the Lock Haven area in terms of retail places? Am I always going to have to drive to State College to pick up new games and stuff? Also, how is the area (Lock Haven / State College area) for CAG'ing, I.E. deals, sales, clearances, etc...[/QUOTE]

I live about 40 minutes away from Lock Haven and can't really think of much they have in terms of shopping for video games within 5-20 miles. Your probably right about having to go to State College to find a decent number of stores with video games.

Does anyone live in/near the area of Limerick, PA? To be more specific, does anyone live within a 10 mile radius of the Limerick nuclear power plant? Pottstown, Lower Pottsgrove, East Coventry, Royersford, Schwenksville, Perkiomen, Collegeville..?

I am wavering over the notion of moving to Lower Pottsgrove/Collegeville, and with any luck, someone from the region will be able to tell me of positive/negative aspects of living there.

[quote name='RBM']Does anyone live in/near the area of Limerick, PA? To be more specific, does anyone live within a 10 mile radius of the Limerick nuclear power plant? Pottstown, Lower Pottsgrove, East Coventry, Royersford, Schwenksville, Perkiomen, Collegeville..?

I am wavering over the notion of moving to Lower Pottsgrove/Collegeville, and with any luck, someone from the region will be able to tell me of positive/negative aspects of living there.[/QUOTE]

I rented an apartment in Phoenixville for a couple years before buying a home outside of Pottstown. I would have liked to have found a place around Royersford, but that area is just too high priced for me.

The biggest thing I would have to suggest that you may or may not have considered would be traffic. Route 422 sucks at rush hour. Try to find a place to live where you can avoid 422 and still have a decent commute to work. In general terms, housing prices drop the further north and west you go from King of Prussia. So Lower Pottsgrove is probably going to be cheaper than Collegeville. In my opinion though, Collegeville is a nicer area than Pottsgrove and probably has a better school district (caveat: I have no children and am basing my school impressions on other peoples' comments). Do you have a job lined up and if so in what town? Let me know if there's anything else specific you want to know.

I'm in King of Prussia right now (renting an apartment.) I work at West Point, PA (that's due North of Norristown & a bit off to the West.) So, of two places I am contemplating, one is a place in Lower Pottsgrove (about 1 mile away from that huge nuclear reactor...yikes!) and a place in Collegeville which falls within the 10mile radius of the plant if you draw a straight line, but >10mi if you measure by roads.)

Either way, my commute would be by local roads (and would increase from my current 30min up to 45-50min for Lower Pottsgrove and stay about the same for Collegeville.) I won't be joining the happy crowds who crawl along 422 toward the 76/476 junction...however, I am wary of living close (either right beside or even 10 miles away from) a nuclear power plant.

Any other insights, folks? I don't have too much invested in the quantity/quality of nearby Wawa's (heh!) and traffic/commute has been a sticking point with me, in considering a new place to live.

[Thanks for the input, David. It's me: Michael.]

[quote name='seanr1221']My cousin lives in Limerick. Erm...they have nice Wawas there? :lol:[/quote]

fuck Wawas. Sheetz > Wawas.

I grew up in Clarks Summit (just outside of Scranton....ugh), went to school in Pittsburgh, and 9 years ago I escaped to California. I'd love to know if there are other Clarks Summit-ers here.

[quote name='RBM']I'm in King of Prussia right now (renting an apartment.) I work at West Point, PA (that's due North of Norristown & a bit off to the West.) So, of two places I am contemplating, one is a place in Lower Pottsgrove (about 1 mile away from that huge nuclear reactor...yikes!) and a place in Collegeville which falls within the 10mile radius of the plant if you draw a straight line, but >10mi if you measure by roads.)

Either way, my commute would be by local roads (and would increase from my current 30min up to 45-50min for Lower Pottsgrove and stay about the same for Collegeville.) I won't be joining the happy crowds who crawl along 422 toward the 76/476 junction...however, I am wary of living close (either right beside or even 10 miles away from) a nuclear power plant.

Any other insights, folks? I don't have too much invested in the quantity/quality of nearby Wawa's (heh!) and traffic/commute has been a sticking point with me, in considering a new place to live.[/QUOTE]

Entering late to this conversation....

RBM: Collegeville is a very nice place... many of the people I worked with when I was at GSK lived in Collegeville. They mostly lived closer to Ursinus college. I agree with you those cooling towers are creepy.

IMHO Sheetz is way better than Wawa
My of my buddies in Pittsburgh live in North Versailles, that is near Forest Hills.

Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh CAG here.

i am near clarkes summitt . i am in dunmore all us scranton/dunmore/wb people should meet up and terrorize some places for deals. if you are down send me a pm i am always game to go out and find some good dvd deals. i am out of gaming so that will be for the rest the dvd deals are mine lol

seriously hit me up i will run deals with ya or even go find them

I can confirm this for Pittsburgh CAGS and I have to assume it's safe for Philly area cags as well....

The entertainment book for the Pittsburgh region has four $10 off gameplay at Dave and Buster's coupons. The first coupon would be expired already as they are something akin to valid dates: 11/07-1/08, 2/08-4/08, etc etc...

If you're in Dave and Busters in Pittsburgh, and see a tall guy using his cell phone to figure out the whipping points in the Derby Owner's Club, don't say hi, just laugh and keep walking.

i have 195.00+ in Record Exchange credit... patiently waiting for them (either in Squirrel Hill or Monroeville) to get a Wii in

[quote name='poopmasterfunk']Just outside Erie, in a small town called North East. Right on the New York border.[/quote]
Thats gotta be a pain when you try to explain people where you live.

Guy1: Hey poopmaster, where do you live now?
Poop: North East
Guy1: North east where?
Guy1: What part of the state is that in?
Poop: North west

[quote name='Maklershed']Thats gotta be a pain when you try to explain people where you live.

Guy1: Hey poopmaster, where do you live now?
Guy1: North east where?
Guy1: What part of the state is that in?
Poop: North west[/QUOTE]

Dude, you have no idea how many times that conversation has come up in my lifetime!!! ...who's on first?

[quote name='poopmasterfunk']Dude, you have no idea how many times that conversation has come up in my lifetime!!! ...who's on first?[/QUOTE]

I'm in Mc Kean. 5 Miles outside of Erie. Nice to finally see another CAG from the area.

I have some friends that live in Pottstown and they're okay with it. They got a good deal on the house, but aren't so down with living in a fairly conservative area. I have a friend from college that grew up in Clarks Summit, though he lives in Pittsburgh now. I love wawa, but what does Sheetz have that wawa doesn't? As far as I remember (from penn state) they are basically the same thing. Wawa has 24 hour hoagies/cheesesteaks/chicken sandwiches. Sheetz does the same, right?

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I live in Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County). I usually travel up to Philly (Temple University area specific) every other weekend.[/quote]

i actually went to school near chambersburg (Scotland School for Veterans Children) i graduated last june

[quote name='Maklershed']Crimson Tide sucks! :lol:[/quote]

hahaha...i have no affiliation with the crimson tide :D i went away to school after 8th grade, so i never went to pottsville high

[quote name='Hat Trick']Philadelphia here, I go to Temple. Parents live in Lansdale so I go between the two.[/quote]

Temple student here too... I think I'll stick to getting my games from Delaware, though. Sales tax sucks.

Borough of Marcus Hook, PA here

[quote name='Superstar7']Temple student here too... I think I'll stick to getting my games from Delaware, though. Sales tax sucks.[/quote]

^^^i got to agree with that. i do most of my shopping there since i'm right on the border between the 2 states.

btw do you shop up at the Big K-mart there at the Tri-State mall? i havent been there in a while, but i see clearance threads for apparantly the whole nationwide chain, and each time i drive by i see the clearance banner, but ignore it since there clearance sales are usually not worth it when it comes to games.

I never realized there were so many CAGs from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area on here. And to think, I've been raiding stores up and down valley for a long while now. As far up as Honesdale and as far south as Hazleton(and at times Berwick, Bloomsburg, etc).

[quote name='oppie1']grew up in Pottstown, now living in Lebanon[/quote]

That South Wall Chinese Buffet down there by the Lowes is soooo :drool:

lets see, i lived 25 minutes outside of pittsburgh, in west newton, for the first 13 years of my life, then i lived about an hour away from erie, in warren, up until december 2004, now i live 10 minutes outside of hazleton.

[quote name='FallMoon']Kennett Square. Have any of you been to that little video game shop at Booth's Corner?[/QUOTE]

What is the name of this place? I live right over the border in DE, but I am always interested in finding new places to shop.

[quote name='dwhelan']What is the name of this place? I live right over the border in DE, but I am always interested in finding new places to shop.[/quote]

i been there before as well. small, but has a pretty decent selection of retro and some new games and consoles alike. as for the name of the place.....i got no idea off the top of my head. as for shopping there......one thing you should know is that Booths Corner is only open on friday and saturdays each week. any other day is practically a waste of gas. other than games the center has other little shops worth checking out as well. some may as well be junk stores, while others are like novelty shops, then you also got the amish section where you will fresh baked breads and all kinds of other stuff, and if you're into jerky of any kind then there's a little shop that has a few blends of beef jerky, and from time to time even has deer jerky. makes going for games worth it. at least for me as you cant normally find deer jerky anywhere else.

bread's done
Back