Ar Tonelico preorder with bonus at NISA

My copy shipped today :D

I was surprised it's completely gone from their online store today. It was still available yesterday. Perhaps some hoarders bought them up for resale after seeing a copy with the OST CD went for $132 on ebay.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if I see some Ebay auctions next week for this stuff. I should've picked up an extra one myself to make a couple bucks ;)

I'm pondering selling this set and just getting it somewhere else since they all have the art book...

I just want to see if these things are selling consistently.

Yea that's cool =)

Thanks for the link, I had forgotten about that site for some months now...
Well now, regarding the OST, I'm a bit intrigued. I might just get rid of this OST and order the Japanese one instead. Hrrmmmm.....:whistle2:k

I'll see when it gets here, the japanese 2 Disc OST will probably look better with the game than the NIS version, also seeing how the NIS version omitted some songs rather than keep the whole 2-disc OST >.>

I think I'mma E-mail them about this, just keep the whole OST together, don't break it apart >.>

I'll probably pick up the Hymmnos concert album from Kahori as well, if I decide to get the Japanese Version.

The Japanese 2-disc OST costs $31.25 shipped from YesAsia. Probably not intriguing enough for me to dump $31 on the Japanese version yet. I think I'll stick to the NISA version :)

The only time I dumped $30+ each for a OST was Xenosaga III and FF-XII LE.

I'll find it's worth it if I can make up some of the loss by selling the NIS version on Ebay.

I might throw in the game and artbook if I can find that bundle for sale somewhere...not from EB/GS. I've heard so much crap about them and bonus items, figure I'll take my chances somewhere else.

More than likely though, I'll just keep em. I've dropped more than $30+ on OST's before, DMC 3 LE OST w/ DMC 1 and 2 (Continuously bought and resold on Ebay for some time), Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box, Ys Sounds Of Zemeth, and FFVIII LE OST.

I used to collect and deal with VGM bout two years ago. Had a good sized collection, but sold off to skim it down to my highly valued stuff =). I'm just a collector at heart, getting the Japanese OST is just somethin' "I gotta do" haha.

LE's and Collector's stuff is where my CAG Mentality hits a brick wall, lolz.

BTW, rofl at the NIS store closing. Rosenqueen, now I wonder where they got that from xD.
Hopefully they'll provide the Japan OST there after Feb. 5th

[quote name='Inf^Shini']

LE's and Collector's stuff is where my CAG Mentality hits a brick wall, lolz.
[/quote]

Me too. But I still never pay more than retail for even that LE stuff. If you get it at retail, and it becomes impossible to get, and begins selling for way more than retail on feebay, then technically, you have gotten a cheapass deal.

[quote name='Puffa469']Me too. But I still never pay more than retail for even that LE stuff. If you get it at retail, and it becomes impossible to get, and begins selling for way more than retail on feebay, then technically, you have gotten a cheapass deal.[/quote]
Ahhh I see, that's one very good way to look at it. In that case, I have at least 5-6 cheapass deals sitting in my room ;)

Lolz, "feebay", so true...

By The way, has anyone else have the transaction reversed on their card? I've been checking my bank account and the transaction has dissapeared, leaving me with $60 extra o_O. I haven't touched it since this has happened before, and then the transaction magically appears, but it's been three days now...

Guess I'll wait til' it arrives then see what happens.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahhh I see, that's one very good way to look at it. In that case, I have at least 5-6 cheapass deals sitting in my room ;)

By The way, has anyone else have the transaction reversed on their card? I've been checking my bank account and the transaction has dissapeared, leaving me with $60 extra o_O. I haven't touched it since this has happened before, and then the transaction magically appears, but it's been three days now...

Guess I'll wait til' it arrives then see what happens.[/quote]

I have the same thing happened to me too!!
However, on their site - my order was already shipped!
Is it possible that nis may have inadvertently giving us this for free???

I'll be hoping for this! haha.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahhh I see, that's one very good way to look at it. In that case, I have at least 5-6 cheapass deals sitting in my room ;)

Guess I'll wait til' it arrives then see what happens.[/QUOTE]
I've had a couple sites do that before. Just make sure you don't touch it since I forgot and did one time, and ended up with a negative balance. Was quite annoyed at my stupidity.

Rei No Otaku: Yea I know, I mentioned it in my post ;)

Guynextshore: I'll be hoping for this also, then I'd definitely get the Japanese OST ;P

Here's to a hoped NIS blunder and a free game! :applause:

*Hopes and hopes*

DOH!

Ahh the charge poped back up a couple hours after my last post, NIS must've read this :booty:

Well, I got mine today, looks pretty sweet. I'm definitely switching this OST out for the JP one, it'll look prettier =P

[quote name='Inf^Shini']DOH!

Ahh the charge poped back up a couple hours after my last post, NIS must've read this :booty:

Well, I got mine today, looks pretty sweet. I'm definitely switching this OST out for the JP one, it'll look prettier =P[/quote]
Did they package it well? In a box instead of padded mailer?

Yea it was a box. Not much for packaging, they had some Paper, that's it. No peanuts or anything. But it's look real nice =)

I'll pop it in the PS3 tomorrow ^^....or PS2, whichever makes it look better.

It's shipped by UPS. it says schedule delivery is on the 9th which is Friday. taking way too long. i got the email on the 2nd which was Friday.

Does it look like a Magna Carta or Dragon Quest VIII where they have a outer case storing the game and the artbook?

Mine was just delivered by UPS. Can't wait to go home tonight :D

Is it packaged like Magna Carta or Dragon Quest VIII where they have an outer cardstock case storing the game and the artbook? How's the OST? In a paper sleeve or a jewel case like Disagea 2?

Mine was just delivered by UPS. Can't wait to go home tonight :D

[quote name='trunks982']It's shipped by UPS. it says schedule delivery is on the 9th which is Friday. taking way too long. i got the email on the 2nd which was Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. :(

[quote name='eau']Is it packaged like Magna Carta or Dragon Quest VIII where they have an outer cardstock case storing the game and the artbook? How's the OST? In a paper sleeve or a jewel case like Disagea 2?

Mine was just delivered by UPS. Can't wait to go home tonight :D[/quote]

You'll see when you pop it out of the Shipping box ;)

OST is in a jewel Case, no paper sleeve here. :bouncy:

EGM gave this a 6.5,6, and 6, but they didn't have any complaints other than a mediocre translation. They really just don't give high scores to non-Square RPGs, it seems.

I choose to ignore many companies who review imported/translated games.

It's because of reviews like that and a negative outlook and disinterest of many imported RPG titles that the awesome ones never see a release in the US.

Disgaea is the only expception I've seen so far. It just kicked so much arse they couldn't find anything negative to say other than the Sprites/2D animation.

I haven't seen Ys Eternal, the better Tales Series Games (Tales Of Destiny I and II for PS2/PSP, Tales Of Phantasia for the PSX/PSP), Ys Felghana/Origin, etc.. have a glimpse of hope being released in the US.

I was elated when I find out Ys Ark Of Napishtim was being released in the US, and a lot of reviewers gave it mediocre/low scores.

The only reviewers I'll trust are the ones at www.RPGFan.com

Here's to Makai Wars on PS3 and PSP!

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1035.html

[quote name='Inf^Shini']DOH!

Well, I got mine today, looks pretty sweet. I'm definitely switching this OST out for the JP one, it'll look prettier =P[/quote]

AHH! Same here - I guess, no free game for me. Why did NIS put my hopes so high up???

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I choose to ignore many companies who review imported/translated games.
[/QUOTE]

QFT. They won't give any non-big-budget (meaning basically any RPG not by Square-Enix) RPG the time of day. How does a game with no complaints other than a mediocre translation and the usual graphics complaints get a ~6 average if they aren't biased?

[quote name='guynextshore']AHH! Same here - I guess, no free game for me. Why did NIS put my hopes so high up???[/quote]
Haha, I hate when companies do that XP

I'm guessing NIS wanted to wait and see if the Package arrived or something, i dunno. That's what happened to me, the day I received I found the charge back up on my account.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']QFT. They won't give any non-big-budget (meaning basically any RPG not by Square-Enix) RPG the time of day. How does a game with no complaints other than a mediocre translation and the usual graphics complaints get a ~6 average if they aren't biased?[/quote]
???

You proved my point, thnx ^^b

That's exactly what I meant by saying I don't pay attention to many of the reviews from these big time game sites, unless the reviews are done by individuals with no affiliation to these sites (i.e. your everyday game fan who feels it's worth it to throw in their two cents), or unless the site is specifically aimed towards a genre, which RPGFan is.

I finally came home and the first thing was to open it up :D

Nice packaging! It reminds of some deluxe DVD packaging in which an outer case holds the artbook and the keepcase with their spine facing out. The front of the outer case is embossed giving a 3-D shiny look.

The only slight imperfection is the artwork cover on the game case is placed too low and therefore sticking out a lot. Is mine only the one like this?

I got it today, and the package is quite nice. I really like the artbook. It not only has art but gives info on the game's world.

I played the game for about 20 minutes (UPS guy didn't get here until right before I had to go to work), and it seemed really good. The music is great, and I like the artstyle.

One complaint I have though is I set the voices to Japanese before I started, yet the anime cutscenes were still in English. Weak.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How does a game with no complaints other than a mediocre translation and the usual graphics complaints get a ~6 average if they aren't biased?[/QUOTE]
Because they're not big fans of RPG's? Whereas someone who reviews for RPGFan.com obviously prefers the genre and is going to give an RPG a higher score?

[quote name='pete5883']Because they're not big fans of RPG's? Whereas someone who reviews for RPGFan.com obviously prefers the genre and is going to give an RPG a higher score?[/quote]

exactly. For someone who does not love RPG's, these games are deserving of 6's. But my problem with reviews from RPG fanatics is that they are all too high. Ya ever read PLAY magazine? Every RPG they review gets a 7 or above, and every anime they review gets an 8.5 or above. How am I suppossed to know whats worth buying when EVERYTHING they review has great scores?

I tend to read the big sites and mags reviews and add a point or two to their score if I detect any anti-rpg bias. I have no problem picking up an RPG that scores a 6 at Gamespot or IGN. Cos for a fan of the genre, that 6 is more like a 7.5-8.

It kind of blows though, since many people read reviews from them, a good amount probably base what games they'll look at from those reviews.

With Genre-specific review sites, like RPGFan, I just read the whole review, they usually mention something about if you don't like this style of gameplay, then this isn't for you type deal. Some actually lay everything out and say this is good, this is bad, but since I loved the game so much, that's why I'm giving this game this score.

I'd like for more reviewers to follow that kind of structure =P, or at least throw that info in somewhere.

Screenshots are always a plus ^^b

So I just got around to picking up my copy of AR Tonelico. I like how the artbook is actually hardcover. Very nice indeed. Anyone start playing it yet?!

Just picked up my copy. Can't wait to play it, unfortunately I have a lot of schoolwork to do this weekend so I don't know how much, or if, I'll play.

The binding on the artbook sucks. Looks and feels like a disaster waiting to happen. The art is really nice though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']

The binding on the artbook sucks. Looks and feels like a disaster waiting to happen. The art is really nice though.[/quote]

Yeah...I agree on the binding. It just doesn't feel right like it's gonna fall apart as I flip through.

I haven't opened mine yet, it's just sittin there pretty. I'm debating on even opening it xD.

The mind of a collector =P

Expressive Hill is a pretty nice track, I didn't see that coming. ^^b :bouncy:

I might just play a back up or something...I just got my Saturn also, so I'll be on that for awhile.

The artwork cover on my plastic game case is offset towards the bottom, so it is sticking out excessively. Is yours like that too?

The mind of a collector, well...

waiting for price drop on this one.no one even bother preordering this at eb/gamestop.Plus,I'm having too much fun playing lunar knights

[quote name='fatbeer']no one even bother preordering this at eb/gamestop.[/QUOTE]
That's because they're morons. I'm playing this game more than Rogue Galaxy, and every other game I'm playing at the moment.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's because they're morons. I'm playing this game more than Rogue Galaxy, and every other game I'm playing at the moment.[/quote]

I wouldnt say they are morons. Rogue Galaxy has much more 'mass mareket' appeal than a 2D niche rpg like AT.

Also, many people have compared AT to Altelier Iris and AI2. Well Ar Tonelico is $50, and Altelier Iris 2 is $10 new at TRU.

[quote name='fatbeer']i don't know it looks like pretty bad to game to me.According to gamerankings it has average of 72% ,but lower end critics bump up the average.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932632.asp[/QUOTE]
We were just talking about this in this thread, if you look on the previous page. You actually trust mainstream reviews with games like this?
I wouldnt say they are morons. Rogue Galaxy has much more 'mass mareket' appeal than a 2D niche rpg like AT.
I stand by my statement.

I trust those reviews a little bit,it gives you a general idea how game is like.Most of time rpg fans overinflate their ratings into something that not great

[quote name='willardhaven']Nobody mentioned the controls, that is my number one concern with a game.[/QUOTE]

It's a strat rpg. There are no control concerns for a strat rpg.

bread's done
Back