Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

I still think they're just trying to mess with people by giving Eisenberg ridiculous hair. I'm surprised they stopped short of giving him a red afro.
Lex-Luthor-II.jpg

Most of the Marvel movies are advertised as hero vs. villain. Here, it's hero vs. hero.

Compare this trailer to the Civil War trailer. That one did not showcase Spider-Man, Vision, Ant-Man, or Baron Zemo, nor did it show what exactly Black Panther is doing in the film. And even though Widow appears, the trailer keeps you guessing as to whether she will side with Cap or Iron Man. It also wouldn't surprise me if Fury appears at some point either. There is a metric shit ton of stuff we don't know about the film, compared to this movie where we now know the entire plot structure before we go into the theater.

There was NOTHING to gain from putting Doomsday and Wonder Woman in the trailer. Nothing. Anyone going to see this movie is going to see Batman and Superman duke it out.
It doesnt matter what the plot is. If the trailer tells you the entire thing, it tells you the entire thing. Also, please tell me how Aquaman and Suicide Squad will be in this movie as Im pretty sure they already confirmed that. And was that Parademons? How are they involved? Some are theorizing Bizarro is involved as the more frumpy Superman. Plenty of other things we dont know.

The Avengers trailer. It shows you Shield recruiting them, Loki being the main villain, the heroes fighting, the heroes gettng together at the end, fighting the invasion and specifically the giant snake thing. Its so damn identical to the layout of the Batman vs Superman trailer.

How about the Thor trailer?

Lets see: fighting ice giants, getting cast out, losing powers and fighting through Shield to regain Mjolnir, love interest with Natalie Portman, the Destroyer.

If you cant piece together the entire plot structure from these trailers, than you aren't paying attention.

Aquaman and Suicide Squad are cameos at the end. That wasn't a Parademon, that was Doomsday. It has been confirmed that the scenes of Doomsday and Wonder Woman are from the final fight, which apparently lasts 20-25 minutes.

Any hype the trailer had deflated the moment Doomsday and Diana appeared. The fact there's even a debate about this is proof enough. What positive gain was there to show Wonder Woman and Doomsday? How many people would see this and say "Ya know, I wasn't sold on seeing Batman and Superman fight, but now that Wonder Woman and Doomsday are in the fipm, sign me up!" Answer: None

Not to mention that when Marvel has had something that distracted from the main narrative of the teaser, they hid it. There was nothing about HYDRA being inside S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Winter Soldier trailers, Falcon wasn't even hinted at in the Ant-Man trailers, and the Age of Ultron trailer didn't show the twins betraying Ultron, give any context to Klaue, show the Vision, nor give ANY context whatsoever to the Iron Man vs. Hulk fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't a Parademon, that was Doomsday. It has been confirmed that the scenes of Doomsday and Wonder Woman are from the final fight, which apparently lasts 20-25 minutes.
I think he means the spot where the flying things are attacking the people when Batman is fighting the Nazi storm trooper folks. I was guessing they were Parademons too. Setting the scene for Darkseid.

Then we we can wait and see who will actually make a real solid appearance first - Thanos or Darkseid.

Not to mention that when Marvel has had something that distracted from the main narrative of the teaser, they hid it. There was nothing about HYDRA being inside S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Winter Soldier trailers, Falcon wasn't even hinted at in the Ant-Man trailers, and the Age of Ultron trailer didn't show the twins betraying Ultron, give any context to Klaue, show the Vision, nor give ANY context whatsoever to the Iron Man vs. Hulk fight.
No they don't. They may not have shown Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch going against Ultron in the trailers, but it was in all the advertisements, including on the poster, so they weren't hiding it by any means. Falcon was in TV commercials for Ant Man. Also lets not forget how they added Vision into one of the Age of Ultron trailers when there was no reason to.There are rare cases where Marvel will hide certain things (Winter Soldier), but typically, when it comes to Marvel you know the whole movie before you see it.

From the Civil War trailer alone you clearly see Iron Man and War Machine lose at least one of the fights, so that's a nice spoiler right there.

The TV spots with Vision and Ant-Man didn't air until after the movie premiered.

I think he means the spot where the flying things are attacking the people when Batman is fighting the Nazi storm trooper folks. I was guessing they were Parademons too. Setting the scene for Darkseid.

Then we we can wait and see who will actually make a real solid appearance first - Thanos or Darkseid.
Ah, I see what you mean. Anyway, all of the scenes in the desert with the tan hue were confirmed to be a dream by Bruce, thanks to the toys at ComiCon.

Vision is at the end of one of the trailers.
And what did Vision's cameo reveal? Bupkis. Even less than Black Panther's reveal in the Civil War trailer.

Wonder Woman's and Doomzarro's appearences spell out exactly what their roles in the movie are. If they had not shown Zod's corpse, only have a quick shot of Wonder Woman, and only show Doomzarro's eye opening from very close up, you wouldn't have the rage the fandom currently has. Preferably those shots would be quick shots too. Again, you're trying to get people to see the movie in order to watch Batman and Superman fight. 100% of your marketing campaign should be directed towards that. Especially since a significant part of the fandom has no trust that this movie will be any good.

I still have yet to hear a compelling reason that those shots of Wondy and Doomzarro make the trailer better.

So...that makes revealing the entire goddamm final fight in the mother fuck ing trailer OK? It doesn't. It kills the hype. Hell, this trailer makes me want to actually avoid the film. I was actually teetering on thinking the film was going to be competant, but now those hopes are dashed. Will probably get the DVD for $5 later. I am done with DC and WB's shit fest of a franchise.

No, because they framed it in a way that didn't actually reveal how the fight was setup or how it would play out.

I also had more trust in the production team. I hate David Goyer, I hate Zac Snyder, neither DC nor WB can be trusted to be competant, and Frank Miller is one of the most loathsome human beings on the planet and any project that uses his books as a basis is doomed to be shit. fuck that asshole.

Yep, definitely didn't know the setup for the last fight in Avengers 1 and 2 would be the city being attacked or fighting an army of robots. Complete surprise.

Based on the temper tantrum you're throwing, seems like you want to hate this movie no matter what. Time to accept that and move on.

EDIT: Not talking to myself. He deleted his post.

If you didn't know Wonder Woman was going to be in this movie, then you have been living in a cave.  It has long been announced that Wonder Woman would make an appearance in this film.

My issue with the trailers isn't that Doomsday and Wonder Woman were in the trailers, but how they introduced them. The whole eye beam/shield thing seems like it gave away an important scene that was supposed to have some weight and now it feels a bit cheapened...kinda like how Rhianna songs are all hooks and no crescendo.

I don't have high hopes for this movie considering MoS, but I'm sure it'll look good. It'll probably be kinda like how Iron Man 2 was actually 2 different movies and I only liked one of them, except that BvS will be like 3 or 4 movies.

My biggest problem with the newest trailer, aside from the entire plot being shown is that the whole god damn thing just feels like a continuous wink and a nudge. Probably because it starts off with that dreadful Clark Kent Bruce Wayne scene. A scene which could be fun except they had to add Lex to it and beat you over the head with "SYMBOLISM ABD FORESHADOWING". It makes it feel like a scene a 13 year old would write as fan fiction thinking they're being clever.

Also, I hope there's better scenes with Lex because based on that scene, he's terrible. Not a hint of charisma, no gravitas, nothing even approaching someone you'd fear as a villain. Basically everything many feared of Jesse Eisenberg being cast in that role.

Based on what we've seen of Affleck as Bruce/Batman though, I can't wait to see more of him, preferably in a solo movie at this point.

You want David Goyer to keep writing movies, this is what you get with beating on head edgy symbolism. I honesty wonder what the hell is with the boner for making Superman into Christ, and a rather lazy one at that. From what I saw in the trailers all I got was Death Cult, and Superman only helps those if it's convenient.  Everybody thinks of Jesus Christ as a really chill guy who just does things for people whether or not he owes them anything. I'm not feeling that in the trailers.

I found nothing interesting with the new trailer. It almost felt like I was watching a trailer for a super hero movie from 10 years ago or something. I'm starting to lose hope this is going to be good movie. 

I found nothing interesting with the new trailer. It almost felt like I was watching a trailer for a super hero movie from 10 years ago or something. I'm starting to lose hope this is going to be good movie.
It really feels like some weird amalgamation of the darker style from Dark Knight and the over-the-topness of what The Avengers has become. I guess there are hints of this mashup in Man of Steel but it really feels in your face now. For some reason though, it almost felt like every scene was out of place somehow, as if there really is no identity to this film.

Personally, I'll still see it but I'm really concerned this isn't going to turn out too well. It's only one of the trailers they've released so far though so hopefully it isn't truly indicative of the main film.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgI2fqUNqPs[/media]

guess batman learn some fear takedowns over the years

Those lucky bastards who saw it last night, please refrain from posting spoilers and spoiler tags until the Thursday night early showing. 

There should be a twitter tag..... #PROVECRITICSWRONG ... I have high hopes for this movie and will be seeing in in RPX 2d, then fake IMAX Regal on saturday for the collectible ticket, then a week or two later for the real IMAX viewing.

Looks like the critics hate it but the audiences review for this movie is pretty high. I heard it was good from someone who already watched it. I heard movie started out slow but got good at the end.

I went into it with high expectations and I loved it. I have tickets to see it again this weekend. It feels like a lot of critics wanted this to be DC's version of The Avengers and they're upset that it's not.

Saw it last night.

6/10

Seems fanboys really liked this movie, understandable but regular movie going audiences will find it hard to follow and confusing especially with all the weird dream sequences Batman was having.  Everything in this movie was just all over the place. Even Man of Steel had a more simpler and cohesive flow and pace than BvS.

Only good thing about this movie were the fights but the Batman/Superman fight was short, I'm not even sure if it lasted 8-10 mins out of the 151 min run time, and the Doomsday/Trinity fight had moments but an opportunity wasted on Doomsday who was on screen for maybe 15 mins, and the fights were all towards the end of the movie. 

Batman was good, Superman was meh, Wonder Woman's accent is something to get used to, but appearance was the best part, however the trailer already showed that. Lex Luthor was too over the top that he basically turned into the Joker.

The ending was done horribly. Didn't even feel emotionally invested in Superman who's only been in 1 other movie. They could've saved that storyline and made a whole movie about it for Man of Steel 2 instead of shoving it in the last 10 mins and doing a fake out in the end.

If you're a big comic book fanboy, you'll find that you can maybe forgive these flaws.  But the general audience won't.

P.S.

Two times, the movie had to remind the audience that the office buildings that were being destroyed were empty because "people had gone home from work", and that the area where the final battle took place "was abandoned". For them to put that in the script just to avoid the same Man of Steel criticism was smh worthy.

Not surprised to see the movie isn't getting good reviews. My interest was killed just from the trailer alone: just awful choice of actors and nothing I saw even remotely got me excited.

Considering the mess that was MoS, did anyone expect it to be any different? If anything, they'd dial it TO THE XTREME instead of going with what worked to give it some depth, not to mention actually showing us some colors.

I'm going to catch this eventually, but we should all know that going in, this wasn't going to be a gamechanger.

Just came back from the RPX non 3d 6pm showing.

No spoilers but, the critics were stupid or just plain Marvel for life fans. 

Slow start built up nicely.

Cameos and references here and there... You need to read or watch TDK Returns.

Special effects were amazing.

Wonder Woman Stole the Show!

I think I'll wait and check this out when it's out on blu-ray. It's odd, because I have no interest in seeing it otherwise. Maybe the first trailer is stopping me, but we'll see. 

Saw it last night. It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. It was somewhere in between. The most surprising part for me was that the true high points of the movie were Batman and Alfred. I was left definitely wanting more and now I can't wait for a standalone movie.

The rest of the movie was just alright with nothing really knocking my socks off. Wonder Woman feels painfully tacked on and just plain wooden. You'll have more investment in Lex by the end than you will in her and he wasn't even that great of a Lex. Definitely not the stoic, intense character he is in the comics. I'm not sure why it seems that character is so hard to nail down in movies but maybe Kevin Spacey did the best job so far, and even he wasn't great.

Yeah, gotta be careful. Despite the spoiler-filled second trailer there's still some stuff that can be spoiled in the movie.

Just got back from seeing it and I have a quick question for anybody else who saw it.

When he was cracking that device he had on Luthor's network and had that dream in the Batcave was that supposed to be the Flash at the end of it?

does anyone know what the heck Alfred was saying when he was testing the Voice Modulator for the Armored Batsuit?   Don't worry it's not a plot spoiler.

bread's done
Back