Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/marvelas-captain-america-3-will-face-off-against-dcas-batmansuperman-film?abthid=53222183a2c4f7df0200003d

lol....seriously? Why not just say fuck it and move Avengers 2 to 2016?

I wonder how this is going to play out with the major theater chains like AMC and Regal Cinema's? What I mean is that who will get priority screens for the two movies? Will DC/WB pay AMC to show SvB in Imax 3d over Marvel/Disney or vise versa?
Numerous times, I've been stiffed out of seeing a movie in IMAX because something else was in there. Other times, it's at an odd time, like late in the evening, with something else taking the screen time.

My guess is that they're avoiding 2015 because of Avengers 2, as well as taking time to not screw this one up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/marvelas-captain-america-3-will-face-off-against-dcas-batmansuperman-film?abthid=53222183a2c4f7df0200003d

lol....seriously? Why not just say fuck it and move Avengers 2 to 2016?

I wonder how this is going to play out with the major theater chains like AMC and Regal Cinema's? What I mean is that who will get priority screens for the two movies? Will DC/WB pay AMC to show SvB in Imax 3d over Marvel/Disney or vise versa?
Lol it was a trap. Justice League thought it was taking on the Avengers but it's just taking on one of them.

Battle of the show times... I think Superman 2 is getting priority over Captain America 3 just because of Batman.

We both know that fans of both comic series will watch both of them.  I wonder if the movie theaters will be allowed to do a back to back showing of each movie like CA2 followed by SB?  Or do you think they will go the route seen lately for example Captain America 1, Avengers 1, Captain America 2, Captain America 3/MOS then SB?

I'll definitely see them both eventually, but Cap (obviously) has priority for me. MoS was a decent movie, but Marvel is beating ass left and right. It won't surprise me at all if WB ends up changing the date on Justice League Lite.

One of them will back out. It's just a bully tactic to get the other to give up the date whoever decided on the date after the other (not in the know who took the date first). They're rival companies but not idiots - they know both films would lose potential splitting moviegoers like that and both would rather maximize profits than lose out on some because they pit their films against each other.

I wonder if other studios will push back/move up their movie releases to avoid that weekend?  Both of them will end up making a lot of money for the studios with fans going to see both on the same day.....but most likely the movie will go on pre-sell a few weeks before and sell out opening weekend. 

Yeah, a lot of movies have been pushed back to avoid action blockbusters. It's mainly just movies that would do very well if they went against average ones. I just don't know if Marvel will back off this one.

1907307_599063973519820_1511410657_n.jpg

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/batman-vs-superman-distancing-itself-christopher-nolan-224200850.html

Christopher Nolan drops Superman/Batman? WB distancing themselves from the Dark Knight Director.

Chris-Nolan-Man-of-Steel-Dark-Knight-Comparisons.jpg

Without Christopher Nolan there's every chance that 'Man Of Steel' wouldn't have been as successful as it was last summer.

Having almost single-handedly legitimised the superhero genre with his work on the 'Dark Knight' saga, Nolan was prominently featured during the publicity for the Superman reboot.

However, Forbes' Mark Hughes noticed that when Jesse Eisenberg was confirmed as Lex Luthor in 'Batman vs Superman,' the upcoming sequel to 'Man Of Steel,' it seemed as though the studio had gone to great lengths to show that this was now solely Zack Snyder's project, and they even referred to the hugely anticipated blockbuster as "Snyder's film."

Most damning of all though, was a paragraph that read, "The new film is currently being written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers."

Did you notice the omission? The names of both Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas, who produced 'The Dark Knight' and 'The Dark Knight Rises' with her husband, were conspicuously absent, while David S Goyer is advertised as the movie's executive producer too.

What further increases the intrigue on this matter is the fact that both Nolan and Thomas had previously been named as xecutive producers on the superhero hybrid in 2013.

Other reports have suggested Nolan may have stepped down as executive producer of Superman vs Batman on the same week Ben Affleck was announced as the caped crusader.

Also with the recent problems surrounding the film's production and its release, Warner Bros have also been able to nip any speculation over whether Nolan might try to usurp Snyder as the movie's director in the bud before they had the chance to develop.

However, for those of you who like gossip and scandal, there could also be more acrimonious reasons why Nolan's presence has been diminished.

If everyone remembered last year, Nolan and Snyder both disagreed on how Man of Steel should've ended where Nolan didn't think that Superman should kill. WB gave their blessings to Snyder and went ahead with his ending.

Honestly, while Nolan was perfect for Batman, the rest of the DC Universe is a bit too fantastical for his style, IMO.

As for Superman killing, it's not as though this is the first time ever. He killed in the comics, he caused Inferred Holocausts every other episode of Superfriends, and he tried to kill Darkseid FOUR times in Superman: TAS and Justice League.

Blah, I feel like Nolan's reigning in of Snyder is the only reason Man of Steel worked. If Nolan's out I feel like we're going to get Sucker Punch Zack Snyder, then again we might get Watchmen Snyder so who knows...

I have a feeling this will not be a big deal. Yeah Nolan is fantastic and did wonders with The Dark Knight Trilogy and many other great movies, but it's true that he doesn't really fit into much of the other DC character styles. 

I liked Man of Steel and I have a feeling I'll enjoy the sequel. 

Eh, depends on the artist, but most series and adaptations usually at the very least give her more muscle than, say, Lois or Batgirl.

Except for Netherrealm.

Again, that depends on the artist. Power Girl is the only one who consistently has bigger muscles, but WW (and the Amazons) in general are usually beefier than most DC women.

She will probably look better when she puts on the WW outfit. Lucy Lawless didn't have rippling muscles but she was able to play Xena effectively.

Of course, the underlying reason behind it all is that DC hasn't built up anywhere near as much good will as Marvel.

Again, that depends on the artist. Power Girl is the only one who consistently has bigger muscles, but WW (and the Amazons) in general are usually beefier than most DC women.

She will probably look better when she puts on the WW outfit. Lucy Lawless didn't have rippling muscles but she was able to play Xena effectively.

Of course, the underlying reason behind it all is that DC hasn't built up anywhere near as much good will as Marvel.
The internet would EXPLODE if there was a power girl movie. Unfortunately there aren't many G size actresses with her muscles out there in hollywood :(

Oh I agree about Lucy Lawless in Xena. I am now thinking it's going to be about the armor more than boobs and muscle :whistle2:\

Oh I agree about Lucy Lawless in Xena. I am now thinking it's going to be about the armor more than boobs and muscle :whistle2:\
It also depends on how they interpret her powers. Will she be a glorified Lynda Carter version? Is she going to be Superman-lite like Justice League/Unlimited? Is she going to be a stronger version of Xena/Lady Sif?

EDIT: looking at that image of the costume again, and while it may not be as heavy as Xena's outfit, that mini-skirt is going to be a pain in the ass for Gadot.

Honestly , with breakthru's in computer animation, I would not be surprised if her armor IS CG.  Look at Green Lantern.  All that was CG.  Still didn't help the movie though.

There might be some touch ups, but it will be a physical suit like Superman's and Batman's.

Green Lantern's suit was kinda like Iron Man's in that it used a lot of CG effects on top of a practical suit. If they didn't decide to have it glow green all the time, it wouldn't have needed CG.

There might be some touch ups, but it will be a physical suit like Superman's and Batman's.

Green Lantern's suit was kinda like Iron Man's in that it used a lot of CG effects on top of a practical suit. If they didn't decide to have it glow green all the time, it wouldn't have needed CG.
Not even to prevent us from seeing Reynolds' privates?

I am thinking that DC regrets not moving fast enough following Marvel's success that they say oh fuck it, we don't need to introduce any new people just make a JL movie.

I kinda wish DC had a previously established minority big time superhero so they could stop shoving Cyborg everywhere. He feels out of place and feels more at home with the Titans.

Don't blame DC/WB for trying to copy the Marvel template...just saddened to see them not even doing it correctly. Desperately rushing towards a Justice League movie, before even establishing your universe.

Why can't the crossover movie be what introduces us to the universe? Marvel phase one was kinda slow just to lead in to the avengers.

DC doesn't even need to create a universe for all the characters though.

They could easily get by with just Superman and Batman interacting. 

bread's done
Back