Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

still not a fan of his ears

Batsuit_%28Batman_Beyond%29.jpg

Yeah, the ears need to be taller.  But at least this one doesn't have nipples on the suit like Clooney's suit did.

Like that they're going back somewhat to a more traditional Batmobile. 

This thread is getting really mysoginistic and quite disgusting in its objectifying of Gale Gadot.

Some of you really need to take a step back.

This thread is getting really mysoginistic and quite disgusting in its objectifying of Gale Gadot.

We have been waiting YEARS for a film to feature Wonder Woman...and now we get it.......but instead of a Lynda Carter type or Adrianne Palick (which most of you don't know she was suppose to be the new WW in the TV show a few years back that NBC shot a pilot but never went ahead and released it :( ) we get GG. Like most people say , she is probably going to be armored up instead of boob/beefy. :whistle2:| which may not be so bad compared to Xena.

Nah. Comic book fans have the right to be upset. She can't act and she looks nothing like WW. Just like we have the right to be pissed about zombieland magician as Luthor. Ugh.

Nah. Comic book fans have the right to be upset. She can't act and she looks nothing like WW. Just like we have the right to be pissed about zombieland magician as Luthor. Ugh.
Nah, you have no right to be pissed. I'm a comic book fan and I'm not passing any judgements yet because close mindedness is lame.

Releasing it online would have been a good idea as it would have cost the studio very little money.  Who knows....if they did release it and got the proper feedback, they could have retooled it.....heck I would not be surprised if a network tries again once the movie comes out.

Releasing it online would have been a good idea as it would have cost the studio very little money. Who knows....if they did release it and got the proper feedback, they could have retooled it.....heck I would not be surprised if a network tries again once the movie comes out.
Except it received a huge thrashing from those that did review it. Seriously, in the pantheon of comic book adaptations it is right up there with Batman & Robin, Superman IV, and the 90's Fantastic Four as the most savaged film/series. As soon as it got leaked online it became radioactive.

Nah, you have no right to be pissed. I'm a comic book fan and I'm not passing any judgements yet because close mindedness is lame.
That's cute. I'll go ahead and keep my doubts about a woman who looks nothing like, nor can ever look like Wonder Woman. Who also, by the way, can't act for shit. So you can leave your "close mindedness" BS to yourself. Seeing as not being able to act, is a HUGE detriment already, I'll stand by my statement.

And fuck discount Michael Cera for Luthor. Get a real actor like Bryan Cranston or Mark Strong for the role. Hell, I'll take 55 year old Clancy Brown as a reprisal to his role!

That's cute. I'll go ahead and keep my doubts about a woman who looks nothing like, nor can ever look like Wonder Woman. Who also, by the way, can't act for shit. So you can leave your "close mindedness" BS to yourself. Seeing as not being able to act, is a HUGE detriment already, I'll stand by my statement.

And fuck discount Michael Cera for Luthor. Get a real actor like Bryan Cranston or Mark Strong for the role. Hell, I'll take 55 year old Clancy Brown as a reprisal to his role!
The Dark Knight trilogy had a bunch of actors like Tom Hardy that didn't look like their comic book counterparts and those movies were good. Jesse Eisenberg is a solid actor, so I don't mind that choice. I haven't seen anything with Gal Gadot, but even if she hasnt been able to act in the past, she might do well in this movie. What's the point of being so negative about a movie before it even comes out? Your bitching won't change anything about it, so why not just judge the movie when it comes out?

They can be upset but when it's turned into outright objectification like this thread has it turns into something else. The complaints about Jesse Eisenberg haven't been because of his body. No one, until you just did now has complained about Gadot's acting ability, it has all been about how she looks, from her structure to her bust size. It started out as amusing but now it's just getting to be a gross, objectifying, judgmental statement about Gadot.

They can be upset but when it's turned into outright objectification like this thread has it turns into something else. The complaints about Jesse Eisenberg haven't been because of his body. No one, until you just did now has complained about Gadot's acting ability, it has all been about how she looks, from her structure to her bust size. It started out as amusing but now it's just getting to be a gross, objectifying, judgmental statement about Gadot.
10589759.jpg

718dfcb820016f7492890a58aa4d860065cf46ca887dc9bc9e2fcac3ae24e296.jpg

nerd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dark Knight trilogy had a bunch of actors like Tom Hardy that didn't look like their comic book counterparts and those movies were good. Jesse Eisenberg is a solid actor, so I don't mind that choice. I haven't seen anything with Gal Gadot, but even if she hasnt been able to act in the past, she might do well in this movie. What's the point of being so negative about a movie before it even comes out? Your bitching won't change anything about it, so why not just judge the movie when it comes out?
I know a number of Batman/comic fans, and they're all at least mildly annoyed by Tom Hardy as Bane, because of Hardy's (lack of) stature.

I am sure a lot of comic fans didn't like Hardy, but the movie itself was still quite good. I trekked to the comic book store to buy every issue of Knightfall back in '93-'94. Would've liked someone else to play Bane. Still enjoyed the flick, though.

I am sure a lot of comic fans didn't like Hardy, but the movie itself was still quite good. I trekked to the comic book store to buy every issue of Knightfall back in '93-'94. Would've liked someone else to play Bane. Still enjoyed the flick, though.
They all generally like the movie, too, and typically Hardy's performance. Just not Hardy's stature.

Same reactions as the Heath Ledger casting got, before he put fourth the best comic book performance of all time and won an Oscar in the process.

I'm sure if I didn't already mention this, someone else must have...but the same thing happened with Keaton playing Batman. WB received thousands of complaint letters (days before the interwebs!). Keaton didn't look the part, and he was a comic actor. Batman '89 turned out just fine. Let's just see what happens.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice...ugh...
what the fuck?

They actually kept the Vs??!?!?! What's wrong with World's Finest????????????????

So it's going to be Batman vs the Man of Steel. At this point they should just cut out wonder woman as I see her more of a side character and not having an impact.

To be honest, it sounds more of a video game or DTV title.

what the fuck?

They actually kept the Vs??!?!?! What's wrong with World's Finest????????????????
It's a marketing gimmick. The average joe won't think it's a Batman/Superman film if their names aren't in the title. At least, that's what the PR people are thinking.

The title Dawn of Justice isn't TOO bad if it was JUST those words. (No Batman v? Superman)
Same reactions as the Heath Ledger casting got, before he put fourth the best comic book performance of all time and won an Oscar in the process.
I remember not hating the idea. I hated the first image of his face. Looked terrible.
I'm sure if I didn't already mention this, someone else must have...but the same thing happened with Keaton playing Batman. WB received thousands of complaint letters (days before the interwebs!). Keaton didn't look the part, and he was a comic actor. Batman '89 turned out just fine. Let's just see what happens.
I was too young to know that. Meaning to join in on the hatred. But at that point, they didn't have a real BIG TIME Batman movie.

Keaton was the best.
Mark Hammil > Heath Ledger
Voice wise. Yes. Obviously.
Brian Cranston > Gary Oldman with that logic.
Yes. Voice wise. Again.
(Wouldn't mind Cranston reprising his role as Gordon since Facebook is Luthor :shivers:...)
Black Widow only had a Russian accent in the Ultimate Avengers OAVs.
Don't these movies follow the Ultimate series though? Not that she constantly needs the accent though. Im just saying.

It's a marketing gimmick. The average joe won't think it's a Batman/Superman film if their names aren't in the title. At least, that's what the PR people are thinking.
While I agree with your line of thinking, oddly enough, they didn't employ it for the first movie. Sure, MOST people know that Superman is the Man of Steel. But some don't. Odd that they went the route of leaving Superman out of the title. They also could have easily called this new move "Batman/Superman: World's Finest."

Don't these movies follow the Ultimate series though? Not that she constantly needs the accent though. Im just saying.
The movies are a mix of the 616, Ultimate, and various animated universes. And Ultimate Avengers OAVs were just the 616 Avengers in Ultimate designs.

So...Goyer hates writing comic book movies yet is the head writer for all of DC's movies. K...

I do agree that Martian Manhunter is a stupid hero name. I prefer they did what Justice League did and just call him J'honn.

bread's done
Back