Battlefield 4 out on OCT 29th

You can switch the controls to veteran and will have the layout of bf3 controls.
Sort of but still not the same. The vehicle controls are jacked up regardless of what you use. The on foot controls are basically the same but the spotting button has changed to right bumper, x is getting into vehicles, y is used to pick up weapons, and b is knife. So they are still not the same

I think I found out why I can't access the beta, even when trying the workaround posted on BF forums and here. I deleted my MoH: Warfighter Online Pass which was the LE and it doesn't detect it, so it's not giving me the prompt.

I think I found out why I can't access the beta, even when trying the workaround posted on BF forums and here. I deleted my MoH: Warfighter Online Pass which was the LE and it doesn't detect it, so it's not giving me the prompt.
cant you just re-download it?

I don't think you can redownload online passes can you? They are "already on the disc" type downloads aren't they?
no i think you can, because they have like a 12 kb d/l wich just allows that part of the disc too work... id check too see if you can too make sure

edit: bleh should read more before i post

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I didn't play a lot of BF3, so it's possible I'm missing something here.  Last night, my whole team kept spawning on top of one of the skyscrapers.  There didn't appear to be anyway to get down without falling to my death.  I wasn't playing as a sniper, so it did me no good to be up there.  How the heck do I get down?  Do I have a parachute?  If so, what is the button to deploy it?  Or is there an elevator somewhere that I missed?  Thanks. 

OK, so I didn't play a lot of BF3, so it's possible I'm missing something here. Last night, my whole team kept spawning on top of one of the skyscrapers. There didn't appear to be anyway to get down without falling to my death. I wasn't playing as a sniper, so it did me no good to be up there. How the heck do I get down? Do I have a parachute? If so, what is the button to deploy it? Or is there an elevator somewhere that I missed? Thanks.
There's two elevators on each side that you can ride down, just go inside and press the button. But yeah, parachuting off is a good way to do it. While you're free falling just press "A" to bring it out.

So last night I could tell I was playing with fellow battlefield vets when I shot the pilot out of the little bird at the top of the skyscraper and 3 of us had the same first reaction to jump off immediately and try to parachute into the falling chopper. One guy made it in before me and then we proceeded to go on a little killing streak. Fun times.

I tried re-downloading the MoH online pass, but it still didn't help me get the beta. I've tried the trick of setting my locale to UK, and I guess I'll just wait for the Open Beta tomorrow.

You can go prone with the right stick with Veteran. I hate the guns they give you in the beta so much. Beta should be out for everyone today

Holy crap, the graphics really suck for the beta on consoles, they look worse than PS2 games. I know this is still a beta and all, but even the BF3 beta looked better than this.

Holy crap, the graphics really suck for the beta on consoles, they look worse than PS2 games. I know this is still a beta and all, but even the BF3 beta looked better than this.
I wouldn't say they are worse than ps2 games, but they are pretty bad. Hopefully the retail game will have better optimization from the inevitable HD install.

People said the same things about the BF3 beta too. The map looks fine until the building comes down. This is only the Xbox 360 version so I'm not really worried about it. I only have to play it for 1 month

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC available at launch on Xbox One

bf is only 30 fps on systems and can drop close to 20 at parts. People have to remember bf games are built for pc and downgraded to ps3/360 but im sure that problem will be fixed with next gen but im sticking with bf4 on pc even on next gen.

If I get this on 360 next week will my stats / rank etc go over when I eventually make the switch to next gen (xbox one or ps4)

Xbox 360 to Xbox 1
PS3 to PS4 

Thats the only way it will work for stats and premium. Everything will transfer minus story progress.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLaa9vpxJwI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx3cYpGGmkk[/media]

Yeah it was a bland and buggy mess playing BF3 beta and initial launch. I'm going to hold off on BF4 this time and get it when they release it with Premium since they burned me last time. Love the game and franchise but not doing it for me this time.

COD: Ghost or Battlefield 4?

I ore-ordered Ghost but thinking on B4 also.
all depends on if you like a game that is easy to pick up and fun to play with group of people and looking for run and gun or like to have bigger maps and tanks and what not. i know im getting both seeing i enjoy cod from time to time and same with bf.

Yeah it was a bland and buggy mess playing BF3 beta and initial launch. I'm going to hold off on BF4 this time and get it when they release it with Premium since they burned me last time. Love the game and franchise but not doing it for me this time.
same here, i will wait till they release the edition with premium.

Going to wait til Black Friday and get this for $30 from GS, then upgrade before 12/31 to the next-gen edition
Unfortunately that won't work unless you get a really nice clerk. Black Friday is 31 days after BF 4's release. This is from the gamestop press

To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release and then trade that game at any U.S. GameStop location for the new Xbox One standard version of that same game. Following the purchase of an eligible current generation title, members will receive the guaranteed $50.00 trade-credit coupon via email and in their PowerUp Rewards Active Offers. Redemption of the coupon must occur by December 31,

Here's a preview of the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 from an Xbox tour

http://www.examiner.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-one-impressions-from-xbox-one-tour-event

Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are getting decent reviews as expected. What was not expected was this....

[media]http://youtu.be/8XqWRACk2zY[/media]

Seriously? I can't play the game because I don't have a hard drive. Absolutely awful, awful, awful. Do I buy a generic one of eBay or do I sell my game on eBay and never, ever play a game from this shit company ever again?

Seriously? I can't play the game because I don't have a hard drive. Absolutely awful, awful, awful. Do I buy a generic one of eBay or do I sell my game on eBay and never, ever play a game from this shit company ever again?

Can you use a usb?

Unfortunately that won't work unless you get a really nice clerk. Black Friday is 31 days after BF 4's release. This is from the gamestop press

To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release and then trade that game at any U.S. GameStop location for the new Xbox One standard version of that same game. Following the purchase of an eligible current generation title, members will receive the guaranteed $50.00 trade-credit coupon via email and in their PowerUp Rewards Active Offers. Redemption of the coupon must occur by December 31,

Here's a preview of the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 from an Xbox tour

http://www.examiner.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-one-impressions-from-xbox-one-tour-event
Hmm never thought of that, thank you for your input, I might just have to press my luck.

BF4 is already used at a few GS within my zipcode so I might just used the SOTW 25% coupon on that

Anyone else having problems with the game freezing?  For some reason Conquest games on Hainan Resort kept freezing on a me a little while ago.  After the 4th fucking time I just gave up.

A friend of mine has had massive problems with the game. Stuff like spawning under the map repeatedly. The game freezing and even the game freezing the console and requiring reboot. Ouch. Anyone have good luck with this game?

This game is even having issues on PC. Might I add after playing beta and watching people play the game just feels like bf3 for me with some added thing. I think I'm holding out till a PC version price drop to get it.

Yeah I definitely get that BF3.5 vibe from my few hours. I am on the PS3 though since my Dad bought it digitally for some reason and we do a game share.  So far I am glad he spent the cash.  It is fun but nothing so far I could not get from BF3.

Frostbite 2 was too much for current gen, so you know Frostbite 3 is too much. As far as it being Battlefield 3.5, I don't care. More Battlefield is great to me. As far as I'm concerned they could have just kept putting maps out for 3 and I would have been happy.

The completely bogus thing is the lack of a party up feature. If you are in a Live party it tells you in game that you are, but there is not option to join a game with the party you are playing with. Leaving you to join a server with enough slots, your party to join on you, and you make a new squad. It's not terribly hard, but extremely oversighted and dumb.

So does the 360 version freeze a lot during MP? I normally play MP on the 360 but since I am sharing this I have it on the PS3. The PS3 version has frozen up on my like 5 time already. Just wondering if it is the game or the PSN.

bread's done
Back