Battlefield 4 out on OCT 29th

Does anyone how is it that in squad deathmatch there are some teammates you can't spawn on? I don't think it's because they are in a party because sometimes it's only one person that you can't spawn on.

So I can't connect to matches for some reason, I assume because I don't have MP Update 3 and there's nothing prompting me to update nor is it in the XBL marketplace after I searched. Only MP Update 2...............

I love this game, but it as broken as crap. I'm playing on 360 and I can guarantee that anytime I'm on Dawnbreaker my 360 will hardlock. Upon resetting my console, it's a 100% guarantee that when I rejoin my squad, one of my squadmates will then freeze. WTF is that? Always on Dawnbreaker. I freeze on other maps, but that squad glitch is only on that map.

It happened last night and when I rejoined the squad my buddy got booted and the 360 ate up his disc. He was SUPER PISSED. They need to fix this game ASAP.

This game sucks so much ass. It's MoH with bigger maps. BF2, Bad company 1,2, BF3 are so much better. EA is getting greedy pumping out this rehashed shit and slapping the battlefield name on it. 

Xbox 360 version got patched, notes below:

-Reduced the risk of a crash when transitioning from one multiplayer round to another
-Fixed a crash that could occur when creating decals (bullet hit effects, etc.)
-Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving vehicles
-Fixed a crash that could occur when moving outside of the intended play area
-Fixed a crash that could occur when firing the MBT and IFV gunner incendiary weapon
-Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Options menu
-Fixed a problem with weapon accessories using up too much memory, which in turn could lead to crashing

One-hit Kill Bug Fixed
Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.

One-hit Kill Bug Explained
We are seeing reports from people that this is still present, with descriptions such as “I came around the edge of a building and died instantly”. It is important to understand that this is not the One-hit Kill Bug, that is another issue that we are working on addressing. For this, it is important to understand how some of the interpretations made by the game happen so that you can understand the difference.

We saw an issue where a bullet travelling towards an opponent would cause damage in one frame, and then again in the next frame. Therefore bullets would cause 2x damage if they hit the target between these two frames. This issue has been addressed.

The issue of dying before you saw who shot you is a different beast. We use a term called Interpolation in reference to where you are in the game world. There are instances where the death camera is initiated before the correct internet packets have arrived to be interpolated by your camera. This gives the impression that you were killed by "one shot" as someone came around the corner of a building. We have identified this issue and will address it in this patch and continue to tweak it in upcoming updates (see "Improved Hit Sync" below.)

Improved Hit Sync
We previously removed interpolation of damage events (like you taking damage from someone shooting at you) to make them feel more responsive, but that made the damage sync suboptimal. We are committed to tweaking the sync so that it will stay more true to what you are actually seeing. The first step towards this is taken in this patch, so you should see some improvement on this now. We will continue to work on improving hit sync in the game. This change is already live on PS3, PC, X360, and PS4, and will go live on Xbox One in an upcoming patch.

Miscellaneous Fixes
-Fix for stuck in infinite loading screen
-Fix for flares exploit where you could deploy flares faster by leaving and re-entering a vehicle
-Moved an infantry spawn point on Rogue Transmission at first base that was previously positioned outside of combat area
-Adjusted AT weapon at first base on Rogue Transmission from second floor barrack to outside on ground. Previously, players had to destroy a wall in order to reach the weapon
-Performance fix when firing upon large destruction objects (mostly after Levolution events)
-Minor performance optimizations
-Fix for destroyed object parts still being visible in the game world
-Smoother movement of networked objects (like vehicle turrets)
-Fix for audio randomly dropping out when driving a US tank
-SP/South China Sea: Added collision for place where player could get stuck

That looks good. I have been playing the xbox one version and it is a lot of fun. The crashing to the dashboard only happens when I try to play conquest. When conquest does work, about 80 percent of the time, it's a blast with 32 vs 32. Other than that i haven't had any real problems. Beat the campaign without losing my save. Glad I skipped the 360 version. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol news is now that EA says DICE will focus on nothing other than fixing the game.
That's good, because EA certainly isn't focused on it. I just drove past their holiday party, and it is Big... all lit up. It's a masquerade party, which makes sense because I wouldnt want to be recognized either, if I had anything to do with BF4. Not sure but I think I saw a big wreath with a holiday message inside: "We haz their moneez... Suckers!"

I love this game, but it as broken as crap. I'm playing on 360 and I can guarantee that anytime I'm on Dawnbreaker my 360 will hardlock. Upon resetting my console, it's a 100% guarantee that when I rejoin my squad, one of my squadmates will then freeze. WTF is that? Always on Dawnbreaker. I freeze on other maps, but that squad glitch is only on that map.

It happened last night and when I rejoined the squad my buddy got booted and the 360 ate up his disc. He was SUPER PISSED. They need to fix this game ASAP.
Game should have not even been put onto 360/ps3 it's worst of the versions thanks to overpower engine. I will say this unlike ea that did not even try to make game playable and run decent on current gen iw did make sure ghost ran great on all platforms. I'm real lying thinking of selling bf4 for x1 and just play bf3 for PC it's a much better game and tons more fun. I miss all the maps that had fighter jets in them on bf3.

Played for a few hours today on the X1. Didn't have any freezes. I had one boot back to the menu but overall much better performance. They did a server upgrade last night and it seems to have helped. China Rising has been ok overall. Not my favorite maps but they work well enough

Since the update I can't get on MP anymore. Keeps saying error and I'm afraid to try SP for the 4th time since it deletes at random.

I'm done with this POS. I hate to give up because of the depth of battlefield. But 5 patches and its still broke.

For anyone else thats given up..what did you go play (or go back to BF3)? COD is out of the question but any other alternatives would be appreciated.

I'm done with this POS. I hate to give up because of the depth of battlefield. But 5 patches and its still broke.

For anyone else thats given up..what did you go play (or go back to BF3)? COD is out of the question but any other alternatives would be appreciated.
What problems/glitches have you been getting?

I'm fine with the game when I play with my friends, nothing to frustrating/game breaking that I can recall.

my guess he is playing on last gen man this game is god awful on last gen so i understand his issue.
Yea, 360. Freezes without question every 3 or 4 CQ or Obliteration games. Therefore, limited to TDM or Domination, but considering it takes 10 bullets to kill someone I have lost my patience.

I just don't know if they can fix it at this point.

yeah feel bad for 360/ps3 players seems like they really did not care for them with new systems coming out game looks awful and has so many bugs was just amoney grab for them. 

Still have my BF copy sitting in my pile of games, awaiting for the all clear sign for last gen users.
Spy, we are going to be playing ME3 for a while waiting for the dust to settle. I've heard great things about the BF campaign.. but refuse to play it since it won't save.

One thing is for sure..the Premium sales must be atrocious compared to BF3. And that *should* get EA on the ball.

Having this released on Next gen, current gen and pc was a huge mistake. EA/DICE was not prepared for it at all and it is a shame. It's hard to say what they could have done though. I think the best thing for them to do would have been put another team on the 360/ps3 version. Then DICE could have worked on the One/PS4/PC. 

Still have my BF copy sitting in my pile of games, awaiting for the all clear sign for last gen users.
if you play Rush on 360, there's almost no issues. It freezes on one map (dawnbreaker) everytime I get to the 3rd section, but that's it. Also that issue from BF3 seemed to make it to this one where sometimes you'll join a server and you can only use the starter weapons. Not sure what causes it but it's pretty rare.

112 hours in so far... I like it, but I almost exclusively play rush so I can't comment on the issues with other game modes.

I'm playing on 360 and mostly just rush and conquest. Only consistent issue that reoccurs is when I am playing rush on operation locker? (the snow level) when you get to the middle part with the tower (B point in conquest), it always gets laggy in that area, always.

I have gotten the stock weapons loadout a couple of times, but that usually fixes itself when I go to another server.

Sorry to hear some of you are having a lot of problems with this game.

I have bf4 on xbox360 and I mostly play conquest. I have about 70hours played and usually freeze every time I play daw breaker as well idk why but there is something about that map that is fucked up haha.

I played last night and I didn't have any issues. I barely felt like playing so I went on hardcore and started playing as a Seal Team 6 sniper team with a few of my buddies. It was actually a lot of fun. I despise snipers, but I am at that point with this game

Ok now we're gettin' into it. Game froze for me, ok no big deal. Playing and I shoot off my RPG at the tank around the corner and then retreat behind the wall. Infantry kills me while I'm back behind a stone wall (doing Rush on Hainan Resort). Bull shit.

New patch out for the Xbox one as well as the veteran battlepack.

Patch notes:

We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on Xbox One. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of servers are updated.

Feb 25 Xbox One Game update notes
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for a crash that could occur when signing out as an active user
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

I just got an xbox one and my shipment of BF 4 is coming in tomorrow night. I was hoping to be able to play with some CAG folks. Anyone want to exchange gamer tags?

You can add me, but I will be playing titanfall for at least the next two weeks. Will be back on BF when the naval strike dlc is out for premium members. Which I saw it might drop in two weeks, but who knows if that is true or not.

GT is Jack Bauer117

How exactly would you say the main game is still a mess? The main game is fine. They are constantly updating it and tweaking it
not sure what system you play on but on xbox one it still has some game breaking issues that has made me go back to playing bf3 on pc which in my opinion is better then bf4.

not sure what system you play on but on xbox one it still has some game breaking issues that has made me go back to playing bf3 on pc which in my opinion is better then bf4.
I play it on xbox one and for every 20 games I play, I may get kicked out of the game once. And that is the only issue I have. It is funny because I got the game 2 weeks ago and with all the fuss about it, I thought it was going to be super broken, but my experience has almost been the opposite. Oh and I am talking about multiplayer experience.

I play it on xbox one and for every 20 games I play, I may get kicked out of the game once. And that is the only issue I have. It is funny because I got the game 2 weeks ago and with all the fuss about it, I thought it was going to be super broken, but my experience has almost been the opposite. Oh and I am talking about multiplayer experience.
I got the game on the 360 back in November, have been playing it since, and the only problem I've encountered is the exact one you mentioned. Random kick outs after a long night of gaming. I read about people all up in arms about a broken game and I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Been a fun experience for me so far.

Not a premium member, but I am seriously thinking about getting the Naval dlc just because carrier assault mode sounds amazing!

Outside of being kicked to the dash every once in a while before the massive patch in January, I have had absolutely no problems with this game. Almost every game had that problem on the xbox one though. I will be playing this again on Tuesday, all though I just got titanfall, this just looks too epic to not play.

These DLCs look like good fun, however I won't get premium until

1) its cheaper

2) they fix the game more

I haven't had crazy problems like other people but I still have a hard time playing every now and again. 

These DLCs look like good fun, however I won't get premium until

1) its cheaper

2) they fix the game more

I haven't had crazy problems like other people but I still have a hard time playing every now and again.
Premium wont drop in price until later in the year. By that point Dice is either going to release a new BF game or a huge expansion ala Vietnam for BC 2

http://bf4only.com/news-battlefield-4/112-battlefield-4-dragon-s-teeth-and-final-stand-maps-leaked-plus-release-date

bread's done
Back