Battlefield 4 out on OCT 29th

Holy piss.  That first level of the campaign, Baku, is over the top.  Especially the last 2 minutes (driving part).  Loving it so far.

Haven't jumped into the MP yet, but from what I'm reading, sounds like the typical first few months of a BF launch.  Server disconnects, etc.  I hope they get it patched quickly.  Should be able to run a few rounds of MP tonight.

So does the 360 version freeze a lot during MP? I normally play MP on the 360 but since I am sharing this I have it on the PS3. The PS3 version has frozen up on my like 5 time already. Just wondering if it is the game or the PSN.
Not a lot during MP, but while in loading screens. I have hard locked at least 5 times trying to load Hainen (sp) Island map.

have you guys seen how awful water looks when you are on a boat in current gen? Im sorry but water and everything else looked better in bf3 on 360/ps3 then that and that was their last gen. Seems like dice only cared about pc port and ps4/x1 ports which is sad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The graphics are awful on the 360 version haha, but I'm still having fun. I beat the single player in a couple days.
It's definitely not killing the fun I have. I catch myself saying, that's some low res wall every now and then, but since I haven't played better, it doesn't matter

Well call me a victim of the lost MP progress. I'm shelving this until they fix it. I can happily jump back in ME3 and BF3 until these glitches are fixed.

Sad day for Battlefield.  

Only had 1 freeze so far from loading a map. Thought I lost everything (MP) since all those pop ups appeared when you first play the game giving you tips. Sorry to hear some of you lost progress. I am enjoying it so far with my friends.

Got some gameplay, managed to pull this off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKF5lIE47cQ

(action happens around 0:40 mark)

Gosh are Battlefield campaigns joyless to me. I think I only force myself through them so my GS isn't so low. This one especially has such a bulk of the achievements dedicated to single player, which is a shame.

Yeah, it's weird to see the graphics so poor when current gen is capable of so much more. Clearly they must be focusing on next gen stuff but it's surprising to see how little attention seems to have been given.

I'm getting my legs back under me in multiplayer and getting used to all the new stuff. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to do some quick rounds together. Nothing formal, just drop in drop out. I'm mostly on conquest late at night but will probably check out the new game modes as well.

I'm loving how easily helicopters go down after those pests annoyed the heck out of me in BF3. It's really doable with a tank machine gun after a few seconds worth of hits.

Yea the single player was horrendous again. Only reason I finished it is because it was fairly easy. It's a shame too because BC1 and BC2 were hilarious 

It's really hard to say. I'm thinking we may get a huge add on DLC for Battlefield 4 next year ala BFBC2 Vietnam. With Star Wars Battlefront in development and EA's line of thinking we probably will get Battlefield 5 before we get BC3 (if we ever do get it). DICE has said they want to go further into the future (zzz personally) again so I'm betting BF5 goes that route. BC was also about complete building destruction on a small scale vs BF3/4 which is more about large scale destruction. Unless they add small scale building destruction back in to Frostbite they may just stick with the Battlefield 3/4 route of huge destruction hence BF 5. 

It's really hard to say. I'm thinking we may get a huge add on DLC for Battlefield 4 next year ala BFBC2 Vietnam. With Star Wars Battlefront in development and EA's line of thinking we probably will get Battlefield 5 before we get BC3 (if we ever do get it). DICE has said they want to go further into the future (zzz personally) again so I'm betting BF5 goes that route. BC was also about complete building destruction on a small scale vs BF3/4 which is more about large scale destruction. Unless they add small scale building destruction back in to Frostbite they may just stick with the Battlefield 3/4 route of huge destruction hence BF 5.
They said they don't want full destruction anymore. It's a design choice because people would just level entire maps and it would become flat, taking away all the work that goes into designing them and taking all the strategy away from the game.

I don't know. Full on destruction was a lot of fun. It is possible that another developer could try their hand at Bad Company (DICE LA maybe. They are making the Second Assault map pack). The problem is you don't want to run into a Call of Duty situation where the franchise goes stale or run into a Medal of Honor situation where one game is a dud.

The amount of freezing in this game is beyond acceptable. I can't wait for the Xbox One version

Now I have only played for a couple of hours but my first reaction is not positive. Also I am playing on the 360.

First of all they changed the control for whatever reason. I understand trying to tweak things, but I really thought the set up for BF3 was just fine. Now the knife button is on the left stick where the crouch used to be and the button to light the enemy up is the right bumper instead of the select button. The select button which also used to be the scoreboard, is now a friends list just in case i want to invite my friends who dont own the game to play...

BF3 was in my opinion plagued with lens flare and being overly bright, so in 4 they decided to go to the other side and make everything dark.

I prefer rush in the multiplayer but in every game i played the defending team lost and lost badly. So it seems that the attacking team has too much of an advantage.

Visually it looks cartoony and feels more like a COD game than a battlefield game.

Now I have only played for a couple of hours but my first reaction is not positive. Also I am playing on the 360.

First of all they changed the control for whatever reason. I understand trying to tweak things, but I really thought the set up for BF3 was just fine. Now the knife button is on the left stick where the crouch used to be and the button to light the enemy up is the right bumper instead of the select button. The select button which also used to be the scoreboard, is now a friends list just in case i want to invite my friends who dont own the game to play...

BF3 was in my opinion plagued with lens flare and being overly bright, so in 4 they decided to go to the other side and make everything dark.

I prefer rush in the multiplayer but in every game i played the defending team lost and lost badly. So it seems that the attacking team has too much of an advantage.

Visually it looks cartoony and feels more like a COD game than a battlefield game.
The freezing is a major bummer. Shouldn't be happening so much.

As far as the controls, besides the scorebutton everything can be put back to normal through the options.

The freezing is a major bummer. Shouldn't be happening so much.

As far as the controls, besides the scorebutton everything can be put back to normal through the options.

Well sort of. The tank controls are still garbage and not the ones everyone wants back. I've gotten used to lefty veteran but still LT forward, Rt shoot is what people want in tanks.

The good news is my buddy played the Xbox 1 version of BF4 in the BF 4 showdown event. He said they never had any issues with the game and it ran really smooth. 60 fps made a huge difference. He also said the controller sticks made a huge difference as far as aiming goes.

Everything on veteran matches BF3, but it depends what vehicle set up you used. If you used the default set up you're fine, but if you used the control scheme veteran on BF3 for vehicles (which I believe were the same as BC 2/1) then there is no control scheme for that. Everything else is normal except RB is spot, select is Battlelog which you can disable b/c its dumb, and holding start button is scoreboard.

that's interesting, i feel like attackers have less of an advantage now. i have had like 90% win as defender and less than 50% as attacker depending on the map. then again a tugs makes all the difference.

I hate whiny b*tches.  I really do.  But EA should be ashamed of themselves for putting this freeze fest out early just to beat COD to market.  I froze 5 times tonight in a period of 2 hours.  Same with my friend I'm playing with.  Not to mention the lost stats.

BF3 had similar problems.  No party feature (or would be split when entering a game).  How do you not learn from the basic requirements of a multiplayer game (and the pain points from your last iteration)?

I'd love to give DICE the benefit of the doubt and say EA forced them to market, considering the "leaked" emails that they punted on QC testing, etc.  But end of the day, this is shameful.

And before anyone says I'm not OG...315 hours in BC2, 450 hours in BF3. It's all I've played for about the last 4 years.  

Disgusting DICE. 

I hate whiny b*tches. I really do. But EA should be ashamed of themselves for putting this freeze fest out early just to beat COD to market. I froze 5 times tonight in a period of 2 hours. Same with my friend I'm playing with. Not to mention the lost stats.

BF3 had similar problems. No party feature (or would be split when entering a game). How do you not learn from the basic requirements of a multiplayer game (and the pain points from your last iteration)?

I'd love to give DICE the benefit of the doubt and say EA forced them to market, considering the "leaked" emails that they punted on QC testing, etc. But end of the day, this is shameful.

And before anyone says I'm not OG...315 hours in BC2, 450 hours in BF3. It's all I've played for about the last 4 years.

Disgusting DICE.
The most baffling thing is their concentration on Battlelog and yet they removed the party feature. BF 3 had a party feature but the biggest issue was as you stated you would often get broken up. I think they made a lot of changes for the PC/PS4/Xbox 1 that simply don't work on 360/PS3

I hate whiny b*tches. I really do. But EA should be ashamed of themselves for putting this freeze fest out early just to beat COD to market. I froze 5 times tonight in a period of 2 hours. Same with my friend I'm playing with. Not to mention the lost stats.

BF3 had similar problems. No party feature (or would be split when entering a game). How do you not learn from the basic requirements of a multiplayer game (and the pain points from your last iteration)?

I'd love to give DICE the benefit of the doubt and say EA forced them to market, considering the "leaked" emails that they punted on QC testing, etc. But end of the day, this is shameful.

Disgusting DICE.
EA is mostly to blame, you said so yourself.

BC3 is in the pipeline, head Swedish Guy at DICE said as much, but don't expect one for at least a year, more likely closer to two.

EA is mostly to blame, you said so yourself.

BC3 is in the pipeline, head Swedish Guy at DICE said as much, but don't expect one for at least a year, more likely closer to two.
Um no?

Battlefield developer DICE continues to express interest in a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but reiterated at an event this week that the development of the Mirror's Edge and Star Wars: Battlefront reboots are getting in the way.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/dice-battlefield-3s-mistakes-bad-company-team-coming-back

The most baffling thing is their concentration on Battlelog and yet they removed the party feature. BF 3 had a party feature but the biggest issue was as you stated you would often get broken up. I think they made a lot of changes for the PC/PS4/Xbox 1 that simply don't work on 360/PS3

You are probably right Slickkill, I would love to imagine the PS4/XB1 64 player versions would be great. On a side note, I do love Obliteration, although my k/d and SPM takes some punishment on that mode.

Speaking of Battlelog - you would think they'd be working faster on a client patch with the amount of rage/hate on the forums right now. With the change log forum updates being on Nov. 8th and Nov. 11th, I don't think they worked this weekend.

Everything on veteran matches BF3, but it depends what vehicle set up you used. If you used the default set up you're fine, but if you used the control scheme veteran on BF3 for vehicles (which I believe were the same as BC 2/1) then there is no control scheme for that. Everything else is normal except RB is spot, select is Battlelog which you can disable b/c its dumb, and holding start button is scoreboard.
How do you disable Battlelog on the select button?

Um no?

Battlefield developer DICE continues to express interest in a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but reiterated at an event this week that the development of the Mirror's Edge and Star Wars: Battlefront reboots are getting in the way.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/dice-battlefield-3s-mistakes-bad-company-team-coming-back
It's on the docket, like I said. Just not in official development. The success of the series practically guarantees it's coming eventually.

Just picked this up from the Amazon lightning deal for $25. Big BF3 player and wasn't going to get it since they didn't upgrade a huge amount with BF4 but why the hell not at that price lol.

Xbox One version is getting a patch next week. Should be December 2. It is supposed to fix the stability and server issues we've been having. China Rising next week as well.

Xbox One version is getting a patch next week. Should be December 2. It is supposed to fix the stability and server issues we've been having. China Rising next week as well.
thank god for that seems like game crashes every other match. I will admit it's nice with these next gen systems when games crash they don't freeze your system and make you get up and restart system.

Lol

mEkCa1u.jpg

Is there any chance of this game getting auto team balancing to it (or autobalancing that works)?

I was in a Team Deathmatch Game last night and one team was goddamn stacked. First game was like 100-74 second game was literally 100-50. If I would of kept in the sever I could imagine this happening for a long while. I mean if there is going to be no autobalancing, then I don't know if I even want to continue playing this game. I hate joining a game with a shitty team and then I can't do anything because the other team is stacked with better players and the game wont balance it out.

I been noticing a lot of my games have one shitty team with no compensation based on it, sadly.

Is there any chance of this game getting auto team balancing to it (or autobalancing that works)?

I was in a Team Deathmatch Game last night and one team was goddamn stacked. First game was like 100-74 second game was literally 100-50. If I would of kept in the sever I could imagine this happening for a long while. I mean if there is going to be no autobalancing, then I don't know if I even want to continue playing this game. I hate joining a game with a shitty team and then I can't do anything because the other team is stacked with better players and the game wont balance it out.

I been noticing a lot of my games have one shitty team with no compensation based on it, sadly.
I don't know of any shooter that does this. The game is based around Squads and playing with friends. If you are on a shitty team, find a new server.

bread's done
Back