Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

[quote name='SEH']Honestly, I think there should be a class cap on the snipers. I played a Rush game today where literally like 10 of the 15 people on our team were sniping. Cap that shit at five or something. I know people would bitch, but they need to do something. It's impossible to destroy a site when that many people are just hiding in bushes trying to raid their KDR.[/QUOTE]
Problem is that winning a rush round is hardly worth it. You get a pin worth 100 points for winning, but one kill with a sniper rifle will usually get you more than that if any bonuses get tacked on. I had a kill worth something like 300 once because it was a marksman headshot +50, savior, avenger, plus some pin.

That and mortar strikes are tits. You can actually destroy certain bombsites with enough of those or level a tank that's camping with just one strike. It's a ridiculously good class and it can sway the game by pissing off enough people on the other team to go sniper for revenge. Then they just get steamrolled if they're defending lol.
[quote name='SEH']Jesus Christ they need to balance the damage of shit. Why is it that I can fire five rockets from a tank directly at a guy and he doesn't die, yet one noob tube will kill someone?

That brings me to my next point. fucking noob tubes are the gayest shit ever. All people do in squad deathmatch is camp attics and launch grenades. Dumbest thing ever thrown into an FPS.[/QUOTE]Giving assault the role of supply was a horrible decision. They can just sit there firing grenades all day long.

[quote name='Jodou']Problem is that winning a rush round is hardly worth it. You get a pin worth 100 points for winning, but one kill with a sniper rifle will usually get you more than that if any bonuses get tacked on. I had a kill worth something like 300 once because it was a marksman headshot +50, savior, avenger, plus some pin.

That and mortar strikes are tits. You can actually destroy certain bombsites with enough of those or level a tank that's camping with just one strike. It's a ridiculously good class and it can sway the game by pissing off enough people on the other team to go sniper for revenge. Then they just get steamrolled if they're defending lol.
Giving assault the role of supply was a horrible decision. They can just sit there firing grenades all day long.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they increased the reward for winning a Rush game that it would help with all the camping snipers. It may do something in the short-term to get people to actually try to win, but in the long-term, when everyone is already level 50, I don't think it'd matter to people.

Like I said, capping would piss people off, but it's probably the most effective way to deal with the issue.

I'm really excited to see what kind of league play goes on for this game though. Squad Deathmatch would be an awesome thing for something like CEVO to do, as I believe the 4v4v4v4 thing has never been done for FPS games before.

Well now something is screwed up with PB again. I keep getting kicked from every server with some sort of PB initialization error. I've tried reinstalling PB, running PBSetup, and rebooting. Still kicks me, but I can see other people playing in these servers so IDK. Shit always seems to happen after the EA servers crash, so at this point it's probably a server issue.

They need to just get a real hack detection system rather than using fucking garbage like PB. We hated it in CS and we hate it now.

I cant even sign into EA now, just tried like 10 times and it failed every attempt.

How fucking hard is it for them to get these issues sorted? It's now been five days and these problems still persist. They need to get their shit together.

[quote name='SEH']I cant even sign into EA now, just tried like 10 times and it failed every attempt.

How fucking hard is it for them to get these issues sorted? It's now been five days and these problems still persist. They need to get their shit together.[/QUOTE]

Yep same here. I was in a game, was booted, and now I can't log in to EA online. Same garbage as yesterday.

Bestest most successfullest launch evarrrrrrrr in my own individual experience which is the only experience that matters

Fark Punkbuster +1 here. I've been fine except for the time it takes to find a server that allows we to connect. Now I get PB kicked, can't even get on their site it is farking getting so hammered. Ball sack!

Good lord they need to fix some things. The spawn points in Squad Deathmatch are atrocious. Just played a full game, and was spawned DIRECTLY infront of an enemy around eight or nine times, just giving them a free, instant kill. That, or I get spawned in the middle of a huge open field with a sign above my head that says "hey snipers, kill me".

Things like that just piss me off to no end and make me not want to bother playing the game again.

Damnit. I haven't been able to play for the last 3 days. Never buying a multiplayer game at launch again.

Back to Counterstrike for now I guess.

LOL!

My god...some of this stuff is funny as hell.

Is there an ETA on the patch?

Well it appears that they have sent out patches to the servers but far from all server admins have restarted their server so the problem still remains...

i'm mostly getting disconnected from a game cause i lost connection to the EA server. Thats fubar imo, why should i have to be connected to it when im already in the game already? sense it makes not.

hope they fix get a few more of those ea servers so i dont have to get connection lost every once in a while. kinda annoying.

other then that the game pwns.

I liked the game but keep going back to MAG for my online gaming. I hated the beta for this on the PS3 but I'm getting into it for the PC however with the pnkbuster issue that I have had only once and all other issues I might not come back for a few weeks. I even lost all my stats after the punkbuster issue for about an hour. If I knew people still got on 2142 I would play that. Hell I might check it out next weekend.

Played a little on a hc server. Played rambojesus aka Medic, nice getting easier kills. However not being able to spot & having the minimap at all kinda sucks, hard to get that teamplay working. Also since its easier to kill even bad recon players becomes "good".

I'll probably stay with vanilla unless I find a Hc server with spotting & minimap.

I've been avoiding hardcore cause it seems like it's mostly camping snipers since they one hit kill everyone. If I wanted that I'd play mw2 more.

Luckily I haven't had the PB issue, just the random disconnect and EA server constantly being down shenanigans.

When you do get into a game it's very fun. That White Pass map gets pretty intense at times.

[quote name='freddy_']i'm mostly getting disconnected from a game cause i lost connection to the EA server. Thats fubar imo, why should i have to be connected to it when im already in the game already? sense it makes not.[/QUOTE]
It's because stats are recorded in real-time, which is awesome TBH. It means you don't lose anything if you crash or leave a game early. It's a necessary evil and I've only seen the stats server go down twice, so it's not that bad. If they can just square away the EA online servers, we'll be golden.

This game is so great......when you can play it. I haven't tried a hardcore server yet but honestly I'm not sure if I will since it sounds like Snipers are 1 hit kill on hardcore. Snipers piss me off enough as it is.

Btw here's to hoping that BF3 will have a smooth launch.:whee:

Played about 16 hours this week and the game is still awesome.
Manually updated PB and it fixed all my problems.

Game runs fine.

[quote name='Jodou']It's because stats are recorded in real-time, which is awesome TBH. It means you don't lose anything if you crash or leave a game early. It's a necessary evil and I've only seen the stats server go down twice, so it's not that bad. If they can just square away the EA online servers, we'll be golden.[/QUOTE]
i'm fine with it as long as the EA server doesnt go down again. But these last days they have been kinda unstable to say the least, was fine playing today so I hope its all working from now on.

[quote name='TomJones4']Played about 16 hours this week and the game is still awesome.
Manually updated PB and it fixed all my problems.

Game runs fine.[/QUOTE]

If you are having punkbuster issues the manual update helped me. For me at first i didn't see the issue then all of a sudden it just started happening. Also I made sure all the proper port were forwarded on my router. This combination has worked for me.

FYI - Add me in game Commander0Zero

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Fierce, you're doing it without me :( I had to eat so I didn't quite catch it in time :([/QUOTE]
Yes, but it's okay because they got rid of it. :(

[quote name='Superstar']How is this game on the PC? I own a PS3 and a 360 but I've been itching for a PC shooter for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Aside from some server issues that will definitely be fixed in the near future, it's bug free and plays excellently.

[quote name='Superstar']How is this game on the PC? I own a PS3 and a 360 but I've been itching for a PC shooter for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah go for the PC if you can if you it is IMHO the definitive version. If you can't get the PC version the console version of your choice will be fine. It does have some server side bugs and some game stuff (VOIP barely working, PB issues). But I'm sure a patch is incoming. Also there are alot of fixes for the PB issues (go to PB site and manually update) and also forwarding your ports for multi player is helpful for connection drops.

FYI Add me Commander0Zero in game

According to the Battlefield twitter, the 4 pack was the wrong version of the game. They said it should be back online soon(hopefully) Who knows if that means in a few days, or actually soon, like today :/

I would be intrested in doing a 4 pack with you Judohawk when it comes back up. I bought the 360 version but it seems like most of my friends got the PC version, so I think I'll just sell my 360 copy.

I think I'll need to build a new PC to get Bad Company 2 to run decently on my computer, but I have been wanting to build a new system for awhile now.

They really need to tone down the noobtubes somehow in this game. The assaults that do nothing but sit in windows on 2nd story buildings teabagging their ammo boxes are getting to be more annoying than the recons that do nothing but snipe.

Limit the number of 40mm nades they can get from resupply or have them restock slower.

[quote name='TLPRIME']They really need to tone down the noobtubes somehow in this game. The assaults that do nothing but sit in windows on 2nd story buildings teabagging their ammo boxes are getting to be more annoying than the recons that do nothing but snipe.

Limit the number of 40mm nades they can get from resupply or have them restock slower.[/QUOTE]

Truth, 40mm's should not restock. Or at least not kill people through walls.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']DICE sticking it to IW again with Map Pack 2 coming the same day as MW2's map pack including 2 maps for free.[/QUOTE]
Well, to be fair these aren't new maps for BC2, just two of the existing will be available in other modes. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome because Arica Harbor is by far my favorite in rush and I might play conquest again for that map.

IW was already a non-factor so DICE can do away with the bravado. It's like bragging about beating up a retard.

Got BC2 this morning and so far loving it, played through the 1 level and 1/2 of second. Runs super smooth on my system so far (only dip or pause is at save game not during gameplay). DISCLAIMER: haven't done online nor messed with settings just running 1680 x 1050, default medium settings, it was before work so I didn't have time to test frame per second or 1080p resolution. My system is
Amd Phenom x4 9950 AM2+ black edition, windows 7 64, MSI twinfrozr GTS 250 1gig @ stock 675mhz, 8 gigs of ram.

bread's done
Back