BB - A Gift For You $5 cert YMMV (cert expires Oct 28th)

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just checked mybestbuy, to see if my trade-in points had posted yet, and saw they added 250 points ($5 cert).  It showed up as "A Gift For You" in my purchase history.  I am Elite Plus, don't know if that has anything do with it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got $5 worth of points from Shopko Kmart (always get those 2 confused).  Guess that makes up for not getting this.  Maybe I can find a PSN card or something there.

Nice, got one. Now what to spend it on... Expires the day before Assassin's Creed IV comes out. :p
Wouldn't you be able to preorder and use the certificate as the down payment on it? I'm planning on doing the same thing for WWE2k14, so I hope it works.

I received the 5. It's available for use now and expires on the 28th of October. I always seem to receive these and mot really sure why some get it and some don't.

Wouldn't you be able to preorder and use the certificate as the down payment on it? I'm planning on doing the same thing for WWE2k14, so I hope it works.
Do you have WWE 13? Just curious, because 2k14 just looks like the same game with a roster change. Roster is actually worse in a lot of ways than 13.

I checked yesterday but I didn't see anything.... But I just checked again right now and I see they added it!  

Do you have WWE 13? Just curious, because 2k14 just looks like the same game with a roster change. Roster is actually worse in a lot of ways than 13.
I did, but traded it in already. I mainly play Universe mode, and they added a few cool features to that this year, including a rivalry manager and upped the CAW limit to 100. I would still have 13 if it wasn't for the 2 count glitch, which looks to be gone based on some of the gameplay footage they have shown.

I got an email for a RZ certificate for it. Nothing under my RZ for print certificates or saying that it was issued. But I do have it under my email 

Thank you for this thread.  I logged in and saw I got $5 too.  I'm not an elite member either.  Now to figure out what to buy there for $5.

I did, but traded it in already. I mainly play Universe mode, and they added a few cool features to that this year, including a rivalry manager and upped the CAW limit to 100. I would still have 13 if it wasn't for the 2 count glitch, which looks to be gone based on some of the gameplay footage they have shown.
I'm really disappointed that they dropped a lot of the old-school wrestlers that were in 13. Road WArriors Hawk and Animal, Farrooq, Big Boss Man, Ken Shamrock, British Bulldog, Road Dogg Jesse James, The Godfather, Big Van Vader, X-Pac and I'm sure I'm missing some. Why delete these guys, then add others? Why not build on the roster instead of just changing it. Really disappointed and won't buy 2k14 until it hits a cheap price.

Also, 2k14 will have Razor Ramon, but no Kevin Nash (Diesel), who was in 13? Very odd.

I have a thing saying it was issued under my points and purchases but nothing under certificates. Got it on my fake, 2nd account that has never made a single purchase ever. Meanwhile my primary account where I'm $15 away from have Elite plus through 2015 got nothing. Make total sense. 

I have a thing saying it was issued under my points and purchases but nothing under certificates. Got it on my fake, 2nd account that has never made a single purchase ever. Meanwhile my primary account where I'm $15 away from have Elite plus through 2015 got nothing. Make total sense.
So, maybe they're trying to entice people who aren't regular customers to come into their store and start spending money instead of giving free money to someone who already blows all his/her money there without any effort on their part. How does that NOT "make total sense" to you?

Blah lol

Elite Plus through 2015? I don't think that's even possible...if it is, why are you even worried about $5 when you've spent about 7 grand? lol
It is. BB typically does a year + 2 months or something like that if you get Silver / Elite. So if you get it today, then it should say Feb 2015 and so forth.

Elite Plus through 2015? I don't think that's even possible...if it is, why are you even worried about $5 when you've spent about 7 grand? lol
Most who were Silver Reward Zone members when the switch from Reward Zone to My Best Buy took place were automatically made Elite Plus through 2015, I think. I know I was, at least.

Able to print out mine now just to figure out what to use it on....

Edit- Ended up getting a used NSMB 2 for cheap since I have GCU. Now I just gotta trade it in before GS takes it off the Trade 2 list.

I'm an elite plus member. I've spent $3600 so far this year. There is no reason I shouldn't have received this $5 gift certificate. Hell, I'm practically entitled to it. I had to call customer service and go off on them. I cussed the girl out and threatened to cut my ties with BB all together. Punks knew they didn't want to lose my business, so I got a $10 certificate for it. I'll probably put it towards Pokemon Y. I'm gonna see if I can make them match TRU deal. If they don't, it's another call to corporate.

^This is why these threads shouldnt be created anymore. Even if they are a heads up. It just brings all the entitled babies out. Whether you spent a lot or not you shouldnt EXPECT one. Be surprised when you get one instead. I feel sorry for the reps having to deal with entitled babies. I really hope you were just joking.

This was the first time I ever got one. The other times I checked and moved on. No harm done.

Says I have one for 0 points; don't know if I'll actually get one or not. Probably not going to use it since free shipping is apparently only for orders over $25 now.

Under Points and Purchases -> Your Purchase History is where it shows whether or not they gave you one (Type: Issued Certs / Description: A Gift for You - $5 Bonus / Points: 0); mine was credited as sometime yesterday but the certificate itself only just now showed up under My Certificates; wasn't there a couple hours ago. No email about it either.

^This is why these threads shouldnt be created anymore. Even if they are a heads up. It just brings all the entitled babies out. Whether you spent a lot or not you shouldnt EXPECT one. Be surprised when you get one instead. I feel sorry for the reps having to deal with entitled babies. I really hope you were just joking.

This was the first time I ever got one. The other times I checked and moved on. No harm done.

Not sure if serious. Joking about the winers is just as annoying as the actual winers.
It's because people don't whine that Best Buy gets away with this stuff. It pisses me off when companies think they can just walk over their most loyal customers and give out rewards to the people who rarely even shop there. They are lucky enough as it is to get my money. So excuse me for making sure I get what is rightfully mine.

I'm an elite plus member. I've spent $3600 so far this year. There is no reason I shouldn't have received this $5 gift certificate. Hell, I'm practically entitled to it. I had to call customer service and go off on them. I cussed the girl out and threatened to cut my ties with BB all together. Punks knew they didn't want to lose my business, so I got a $10 certificate for it. I'll probably put it towards Pokemon Y. I'm gonna see if I can make them match TRU deal. If they don't, it's another call to corporate.
I hope this is a joke or you get banned.

First off, they're called SDer's (I think thats the right term anyway) and I really wish there weren't so damn many here. Maybe if some people like Ieichstein (assuming it wasn't a joke) waited 5 minutes before assuming they were being wronged, you just might have got one. Like I didn't have one when this thread was posted, I didn't have one yesterday, but I magically got one randomly today. Moral of the story... you're entitled to nothing and could have very well got one without being a douche.

As far as the rest goes... I would have never known and I think that goes for many people. Sadly this is the lesser of two evils, since BB never sent me an email or any sort of notification I got one. So thanks to this post, I not only got $5 dollars, but I'll probably go buy Pokemon Y from BB. Also known as, everyone wins.

It's because people don't whine that Best Buy gets away with this stuff. It pisses me off when companies think they can just walk over their most loyal customers and give out rewards to the people who rarely even shop there. They are lucky enough as it is to get my money. So excuse me for making sure I get what is rightfully mine.
I don't like to just be rude, but you're clearly a dumbass or trying to troll. Programs like this aren't meant to be an insult to those who miss out, but simply get some people to come back. Also, contrary to your "walk over their most loyal customers" remark, I've actually gotten every single $5 dollar credit in the past 3 years and had Premier Silver. Finally, nothing is rightfully yours. This was probably a targeted promo or something random. It's not like this is the Sony program where they arbitrarily called X people the "most loyal" and by extension called everyone else worthless... this was simply a free gift you didn't get. With this being said, I will gladly debate this with you, but only if you reply with maturely with some sort of logic that isn't I deserve everything because I spend money.

bread's done
Back