BB - A Gift For You $5 cert YMMV (cert expires Oct 28th)

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just checked mybestbuy, to see if my trade-in points had posted yet, and saw they added 250 points ($5 cert).  It showed up as "A Gift For You" in my purchase history.  I am Elite Plus, don't know if that has anything do with it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
a joke I hope?
Huh? No joke. I got a rep right away. Just said some people were receiving them and asked if I was going to get one, they said they didn't know but because I am a good customer they would add it to my certs. Easy peasy. When it comes through, I'm going to go pick up Wonderful 101. Doesn't look like they have it used, though, which is strange. I guess people really like it and don't want to trade it in!

Nothing for me. 

I guess I will need to call them and beg for free money, what kind of accent should I use?

They wouldn't let me use it as a deposit on a preorder. Aren't reward certificates supposed to be considered just like cash, or is that only gift cards?

They wouldn't let me use it as a deposit on a preorder. Aren't reward certificates supposed to be considered just like cash, or is that only gift cards?
RZ certs are blocked from preorder transactions AFAIK.

It wouldn't work normally anyway unless you put more than $5 down since the cert only works if you'll have an outstanding balance afterwards. They're not treated like cash/GC, they're treated like a coupon or extra discount. If you look on your receipt after using one it will list the cert as a discount on the item/s before the total and not as a payment used towards it.

You can use a reward zone certificate for a preorder if you preorder online.
Yes, but you have to make the full payment.

I believe the person was asking to simply put the minimum down for preorder using a cert which is said to be not kosher.

I usualy never get these. But I did this time. :D

Now I have to find something I actually want at Best Buy...

I usualy never get these. But I did this time. :D

Now I have to find something I actually want at Best Buy...
Whenever I don't know what to buy. I always just get a psn card. Wolf among us comes out this week. So I bought the $20 card for the season pass.

Yes, but you have to make the full payment.

I believe the person was asking to simply put the minimum down for preorder using a cert which is said to be not kosher.
I thought when you pre-order at Bestbuy.com they put a revolving temporary hold on funds until it goes into the shipping stage if you pay by a credit card and don't use PayPal. I know they charge the amount if you use a Best Buy gift card and use the Reward Zone Certificate if you select it. I know every doesn't have a credit card because they don't want one, use it for this order, or can't get one. I haven't used my debit cards at any merchant in any over a year only my banks ATMs. I don't trust debit cards because it is your money not the banks. When a credit card gets an unauthorized charge and it goes through it is banks money not your money.

Question! Can you stack this coupon with a $10 coupon that you get for purchasing current titles? Also, when and how would I receive my $10 coupon from Best Buy?
(I preorded Batman)

Question! Can you stack this coupon with a $10 coupon that you get for purchasing current titles? Also, when and how would I receive my $10 coupon from Best Buy?
(I preorded Batman)
Rewards Certs can be stacked cause they aren't coupons. It's uses is just like cash so there shouldn't be any issues.

The $10 certificate from pre ordering Batman will be posted into your account after a certain amount of days (i think it's 15+?) from the day of purchase. And I believe you need to buy it within the week to participate.

The $10 certificate from pre ordering Batman will be posted into your account after a certain amount of days (i think it's 15+?) from the day of purchase. And I believe you need to buy it within the week to participate.

Well this part is bullshit. I don't have to wait more than minutes from GameStop or a day or two from the MSStore. Totally blew my plans out of the water.

Maybe they'll have a $5 game I can grab with Batman before the $5 runs out. Stupid time restraints.

Thanks either way.

I got one. I think I will combine with my $25 stored points and pre-order an XBOX ONE game....which one to pick.

Destiny or Titanfall. But if you're looking at a day one release. Go with BF4 (my personal favorite) or Dead Rising 3.

niiice. i checked when people first started getting them and i didnt have anything. randomly decided to check today and voila, a $5 certificate is mine :D

Well this part is bullshit. I don't have to wait more than minutes from GameStop or a day or two from the MSStore. Totally blew my plans out of the water.

Maybe they'll have a $5 game I can grab with Batman before the $5 runs out. Stupid time restraints.

Thanks either way.
I was going to use mine towards Batman.

I got one of these. I figured it would be a thread. To anyone who is keeping track/looking for a pattern. I'm elite plus and I spent like $2 @ BB this year. I'll probably do my usual and cash out another $20 in points and buy a kindle card. If BB allowed RZ certs to convert to BB GC, I would leave my money at BB.

Just got my first one ever.

May use it for an extra old Rocksmith game to have an extra cable for RS2014.
I got the cert issued today and that's exactly what I did with it. I already have it on 360 so I bought it on ps3. $5 for an extra cable & a copy to play in my bedroom? Works for me

I didn't get jack.

I bought The Last of Us from Best Buy this year, am a Gamers Club Unlocked member, and have traded whole bunch of games in also.

What rocksmith are you guys getting? Does the preowned come with cable?
Only the original "best buy exclusive edition" is on sale for $10. It will not include the bass expansion. But it will import to the 2014 edition coming out later this month; and if you do get that one later on, you'll have the bass included too. If you have any interest at all in either version, this would be the smartest way to go to start

bread's done
Back