BB - A Gift For You $5 cert YMMV (cert expires Oct 28th)

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just checked mybestbuy, to see if my trade-in points had posted yet, and saw they added 250 points ($5 cert).  It showed up as "A Gift For You" in my purchase history.  I am Elite Plus, don't know if that has anything do with it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is a joke or you get banned.

First off, they're called SDer's (I think thats the right term anyway) and I really wish there weren't so damn many here. Maybe if some people like Ieichstein (assuming it wasn't a joke) waited 5 minutes before assuming they were being wronged, you just might have got one. Like I didn't have one when this thread was posted, I didn't have one yesterday, but I magically got one randomly today. Moral of the story... you're entitled to nothing and could have very well got one without being a douche.

As far as the rest goes... I would have never known and I think that goes for many people. Sadly this is the lesser of two evils, since BB never sent me an email or any sort of notification I got one. So thanks to this post, I not only got $5 dollars, but I'll probably go buy Pokemon Y from BB. Also known as, everyone wins.

I don't like to just be rude, but you're clearly a dumbass or trying to troll. Programs like this aren't meant to be an insult to those who miss out, but simply get some people to come back. Also, contrary to your "walk over their most loyal customers" remark, I've actually gotten every single $5 dollar credit in the past 3 years and had Premier Silver. Finally, nothing is rightfully yours. This was probably a targeted promo or something random. It's not like this is the Sony program where they arbitrarily called X people the "most loyal" and by extension called everyone else worthless... this was simply a free gift you didn't get. With this being said, I will gladly debate this with you, but only if you reply with maturely with some sort of logic that isn't I deserve everything because I spend money.
If people are too apathetic to stand up to corporations, how do we get stuff done? Someone has to stand up for consumer rights. The only way to make sure corporations learn is to hit them where it hurts: their pockets. Once they see that their shady business practices lose them money, they begin to see what they should be doing. Honestly, we shouldn't have to tell them what to do. They should already know. I simply want them to operate like they have a sense of ethics.

Either greatest troll ever or fucking retarded. Most of the time these programs are to get people who DONT spend money at a storw to come in.

:lol: Lol 

I did notice the italics. At first I was wondering why some letters seemed off than I started putting it together. Good one seriously.

If people are too apathetic to stand up to corporations, how do we get stuff done? Someone has to stand up for consumer rights. The only way to make sure corporations learn is to hit them where it hurts: their pockets. Once they see that their shady business practices lose them money, they begin to see what they should be doing. Honestly, we shouldn't have to tell them what to do. They should already know. I simply want them to operate like they have a sense of ethics.
Against better judgement, I will reply.

So your solution isn't to boycott them like you're implying (since buying nothing would hit them where it hurts), but to instead beg for a $5 dollar voucher so you can give them more money. This is perhaps the most logical statement I've ever seen on CAG.

Hate to ruin the fun, but you guys all apparently missed the post a while back where he clearly spelled trolling in italics.

It's because people don't whine that Best Buy gets away with this stuff. It pisses me off when companies think they can just walk over their most loyal customers and give out rewards to the people who rarely even shop there. They are lucky enough as it is to get my money. So excuse me for making sure I get what is rightfully mine.

Hate to ruin the fun, but you guys all apparently missed the post a while back where he clearly spelled trolling in italics.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. I was waiting for someone to notice. I was actually tempted to point that out myself.

It's because people don't whine that Best Buy gets away with this stuff. It pisses me off when companies think they can just walk over their most loyal customers and give out rewards to the people who rarely even shop there. They are lucky enough as it is to get my money. So excuse me for making sure I get what is rightfully mine.

I was wondering why a random g was italicized.

I'm not an elite nor anything else special, but I got one. I'll probably use it towards a late birthday gift for my mom.

Batman's $10 gift credit + $5 = $15 towards a gift. Win.

Very true usually, but IN THIS INSTANCE it doesn't make any sense. By that train of thought EVERY SINGLE COUPLE OR PROMOTIONAL ANYTHING should be hand delivered to your door while you're home and explained to you so you don't miss out on it.

Again, if you see the note in your point/purchases but don't see the cert in the cert page, log out and log back in.
That had nothing to do with it, had it on my account since this post started and didn't actually turn into a certificate until either late last night or this morning...I logged back in and out numerous times in that time. Just be patient, it's FREE money, lol.

That had nothing to do with it, had it on my account since this post started and didn't actually turn into a certificate until either late last night or this morning...I logged back in and out numerous times in that time. Just be patient, it's FREE money, lol.
Not free money, but entitled money!

Wow, I got one, for the first time ever. Was posted to my account on the 8th, and expires on the 28th of this month. It's ready to use, too. 

Use mine today to pick up a Vita case on clearance for $5, so nearly free.  Clerk had a bit of trouble getting the system to take the cert but all it took was an override.

I used mine to get a clearanced Fusion Tournament controller for PS3. Clearanced from $54.99 to $15.99 and the cert made it $10.99. Im excited. You guys should check your BBY to see if they have any. $15 is a great price.

I think I got one, but to be fair Ive submitted several complaints about not being able to process orders on their website (at least 7 attempts) and how I had to stand in line for 40 minutes just to trade in some games. I never complain to employees in store because theyre just doing their job, but uppet management needs to know how much of a hassle shopping with them has become. Ok sorry im done :) thanks OP

well I had planned to use this towards a new TV but it looks like I have to put new tires on my car now so thats not happening....guess I'll just use it on a random Blu-Ray.

I'll likely use mine on Chrvches cd which I was eventually going to get. Was thinking about the new Arcade Fire cd but this expires before that....also am not a crazy huge fan of the single Reflektor out at the moment...though I hope the rest of the music is aight.

After not getting one of these since the holiday debacle of like 2 or 3 years ago, I finally got one.  Never would have even known if I hadn't seen this tread out here.  A lot of speculation on why people are getting these.  To be honest, I think they might just be testing their system and put a batch of these in the wild to get a good feel for how the new system is working.

Anyways, it was timely, I went out this morning and snagged the last Xbox Steering wheel in my area, on clearance for $9.99, then minus another $5.00 from the cert to make it $5 and change once tax was applied.  Couldn't have been more happy.

I got one even though I've probably only shopped at Best Buy once or twice over the past few months. Hope there is a decent sale on something I'm interested in before it expires.

bread's done
Back