Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder what they're gonna give us as a compensation for the cancelation?
I've gotten $10 off my next purchase on a recent unfulfilled used game backorder. Would have liked to have received Kirby of course, but hoping for the same here

*edit*

Just got mine, too.

v

Good for Best Buy to offer the $10 compensation, people are always more apt to criticize for wrong doings than recognize when they do the right thing.

There should be plenty of CAGs who are willing to trade their Kirby, which I may be willing to as well.

Just got my copy of Kirby in today. Listening to the music cd now. Glad I was finally able to find this at a cheap price now I just hope I can find the other wii kirby game for cheap 

I never made it in time to pick up the order since that Best Buy is a drive from where I live and I've been training a lot of people at work this week.

Well, even though it said I had to pick it up by Thursday. Lo and behold, I got an email today saying its my final notice for pick-up and I have 'til Monday to get my Kirby (and I definitely will have time this weekend to do so!)

So I guess it's still an eight

I never made it in time to pick up the order since that Best Buy is a drive from where I live and I've been training a lot of people at work this week.

Well, even though it said I had to pick it up by Thursday. Lo and behold, I got an email today saying its my final notice for pick-up and I have 'til Monday to get my Kirby (and I definitely will have time this weekend to do so!)

So I guess it's still an eight day pick up window, not five.

Wish I had seen this sooner, it's out of stock in every store and online now, and there's no way anyone will price match it if it's listed online as out of stock :whistle2:/

Just picked up my store-transfet games.

GoW3 - no case or manual disc looks new
NCAA13 - original case no manual disc looks new

For the price I'm not complaining.

Also tried to do the PM/RZ combo for LBPK and PSASBR but it didnt work. Was told one or the other. It was worth a go.

Wish I had seen this sooner, it's out of stock in every store and online now, and there's no way anyone will price match it if it's listed online as out of stock :whistle2:/
They did for me two days ago at Target. they had to get manager approval for the transaction and it took like 5-7 minutes all together but i got my pricematch, even with the Best Buy right next door completely OOS.

I tried to price match Kirby Dream collection at Target and they wouldn't price match because it is a 2 day sale and out of stock. I'll try another target today and see if I get lucky.

I tried to price match Kirby Dream collection at Target and they wouldn't price match because it is a 2 day sale and out of stock. I'll try another target today and see if I get lucky.
Kirby is not part of the 2-day sale, it's been on sale all week.

Any time I've tried to price match at Target, even if I have the flyer in hand, it turns into the biggest ordeal on the planet, they have to call over 5 supervisors and 2 managers, and they all treat you like you're trying to run a scam. Not worth the hassle.

Any time I've tried to price match at Target, even if I have the flyer in hand, it turns into the biggest ordeal on the planet, they have to call over 5 supervisors and 2 managers, and they all treat you like you're trying to run a scam. Not worth the hassle.
That's exactly what happened to me. One person didn't know what to do so they kept calling more people over.

Also tried to price match Kirby at Target to possibly pass along to fellow CAGs. No go. That "2 Day" tag they slapped on it is definitely screwing us all over.

It looks like Best Buy is continuing the Back to School Deals promotion. New link in OP, sale prices don't seem to be live yet.

Edit: It's live. God of War Ascension $19.99!

Oh and did anybody else notice they pulled the PSN/PS+ card deal early? What the hell man! If that XBL Asura's Wrath issue didn't finally get fixed earlier this week, I'd think I was cursed.

Project X Zone for 30? I might have to make a trip and see if its still the limited edition one. I have a $5 cert so 24.99 wouldnt be so bad.

Now if could move 25 dollars in GS credit over to BB tomorrow that would be awesome.

Finally picked up Ni No Kuni. Debating about Project X Zome because I had a lot of fun with the demo...but not sure if I can get into the full game.

Hmm God of War Ascension for $20.. Did they ever fix the trial or whatever that pissed off a bunch of people? I read a lot of complaints about how broken it is because people couldn't get passed it. 

Never played a GoW game so I guess the prequel is a good place to start? haha..

Thanks for the heads up!  Picked up Ni No Kuni and PxZ for local pickup.  Both hit my buy price.  Used a gift card to make it a little sweeter.  Hoping PxZ will be truly the Limited Edition version as pictured on BB's website.  Now to mull over NFS:MW!!!  I thought I was done shopping...I hate/love CAG!  LOL

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....
Why don't you just buy a copy from BB and return that one to Walmart with your Walmart receipt (assuming both copies are exactly the same)

NFS and the Madden prices make their Black Friday B1G1 deal look even worse because it's $10 cheaper to buy both now than it was Friday and Saturday.

Also, the used prices on GOW and Ni No Kuni are 17.99 before the 10% discount if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

From what I've seen, GoW: Ascension sounds like the black sheep of the series, so would I be missing much if I skipped it? I've only played the original God of War, and I have every other game from the Saga collection to work through eventually.

bread's done
Back