Best Buy Black Friday in July [July 25 - 26, 2014] *Elite and Elite Plus July 23*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
seo_sunday.jpg

On July 25-26, 2014, you can shop in-store and online for Black Friday deals that are sure to make your summer a little sunnier. Now you don't have to wait for after Thanksgiving sales to get Black Friday pricing on all of the electronics and appliances you've had your eye on.

Edit:

My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members can start saving July 23.

My Best Buy members can get these deals starting July 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the deals, but I'm more curious why I was never notified of this in the first place.  I keep telling them to add me to their mailing list... (checks spam folder too)

Edit:

If that Wii U bundle for $260 is an example of a Black Friday deal, then I have no hope for November.  That Target 15% cartwheel promo with the 10% mover's coupon was better.

Am in the market for a TV. Specifically been looking at the Vizio M552i-B2. Any way an Elite member can post any TV deals?
Panasonic - 39" Class (38-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV SKU: 3621011 $279.99

Westinghouse - 32" Class (31-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 720p - 60Hz - HDTV SKU: 5420063 $149.99

RCA - 55" Class (54-5/8" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV SKU: 1799212 $479.99

Panasonic - 60" Class (59-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - Smart - HDTV SKU: 3925005 $879.99

I'm seeing this as well, but why?
They probably didn't program it correctly.

Since early release specials are programed as a promotion in order for the price to adjust accordingly in cart but they placed the new sale price promotion as a secondary to GCU.

When I hear Black Friday sale I think of crap so cheap I can't afford to not bu my it. Even another 10% off these deals are weak.

Go to the desktop version of the homepage and there is a banner at the top to see deals if you have elite status.
Got it.

Some solid Blu Ray triple packs for $9.99, I think might grab a couple of those.

Ha. I know what you're getting.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/time-travelers-wife-p-s-i-love-you-the-lake-house-3-discs-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc/7459288.p?id=2633068&skuId=7459288&st=blu-ray-triple-featuresea072314&lp=2&cp=1

They probably didn't program it correctly.

Since early release specials are programed as a promotion in order for the price to adjust accordingly in cart but they placed the new sale price promotion as a secondary to GCU.
Then these won't be available for GCU members until the 25th then, since I'm guessing it's no different for normal My Best Buy members. Haha brilliant.

[quote name="wakkawakka" post="11948592" timestamp="1406093022"]Is there any tablets for sale?[/quote]

Yea, a couple of iPads with retina wifi only and wifi and cellular. Not much of a deal... They are being sold same price as iPad Air.

This could be wishful thinking, but the terminology of "Shop these Black Friday in July deals before anyone else" makes it seem like maybe there will be more deals on Friday that we didn't have early access to?

BB`s so foolish they should just offer
$1 Epic Mickey
$1 Steel Diver
$1 Dead Island
$1 Ben 10 Galatic racing
$1 Dream Trigger
$1 The Hidden
$1 Nano Asault
$1 Centipede Infestation
All with GCU then see how many ppl pay $120 lol

$5 off a few movies? My low expectations were still too high.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the sale is preventing GCU. The issue is the sale prices are not live for some (if not all) products. I added the 32GB USB drive and it was $20 in my cart instead of $15 like it was being advertised. Like normal BBY rolled out the sale site before the prices went live, so par for the course and everyone should just take a step back and a deep breath...

Or maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell...this is what is going on.

This could be wishful thinking, but the terminology of "Shop these Black Friday in July deals before anyone else" makes it seem like maybe there will be more deals on Friday that we didn't have early access to?
They're referencing a day of their sale: Friday, July 25 but it's a three day sale starting today. Elite get to start today. "Anyone else" gets it on Thursday night/Friday.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the sale is preventing GCU. The issue is the sale prices are not live for some (if not all) products. I added the 32GB USB drive and it was $20 in my cart instead of $15 like it was being advertised. Like normal BBY rolled out the sale site before the prices went live, so par for the course and everyone should just take a step back and a deep breath...

Or maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell...this is what is going on.
it because of the programming gcu won't take off until the sale start for everyone friday unless you want to spend half the day tomorrow on the phone with customer service for adjustment and explaining gcu. The same thing happened last year In November when gcu 1st started during the actually Black Friday early access
You can read that thread here to understand what I am talking about http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322353-best-buy-select-black-friday-items-available-now-for-elite-members/page-25

it because of the programming gcu won't take off until the sale start for everyone friday unless you want to spend half the day tomorrow on the phone with customer service for adjustment and explaining gcu. The same thing happened last year In November when gcu 1st started during the actually Black Friday early access
You can read that thread here to understand what I am talking about http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322353-best-buy-select-black-friday-items-available-now-for-elite-members/page-25
I know that happened. I was one of the people who was effected by it.

But if you add ANY item to your cart the sale price is not shown, some items are properly listed like the movies, but many are not. Wii U bundle/32GB USB Drive/USB Mice and more are all the normal price when added to cart, so the sale is not fully live. So to expect the GCU to come off a sale price that is not active yet...is not going to happen.

The sad part is this sale is actually worst then the one last year cause at least the one last year had kirby dream collection for $7.99

Im not sure if I should get the Wii U now or wait until the real BF rolls around for better deals... :whistle2:k

Id wait awhile.

Wiiu will never be hard to find, and maybe during the holidays something else will come out to make it worthwhile as everything on it is pretty much lackluster or just Nintendo sequel number 547.

I got one at launch and played more wii games on it than wiiu games. WIsh Id have waited till it was 100 bucks.

bread's done
Back