Best Buy Black Friday in July [July 25 - 26, 2014] *Elite and Elite Plus July 23*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
seo_sunday.jpg

On July 25-26, 2014, you can shop in-store and online for Black Friday deals that are sure to make your summer a little sunnier. Now you don't have to wait for after Thanksgiving sales to get Black Friday pricing on all of the electronics and appliances you've had your eye on.

Edit:

My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members can start saving July 23.

My Best Buy members can get these deals starting July 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure if I should get the Wii U now or wait until the real BF rolls around for better deals... :whistle2:k
If you're interested in Mario Kart 8 + the free game (Zelda: Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U, or New Super Mario U), keep in mind that deal expires on July 31st.

Nothing for me from "Black Friday" but I will be checking if the $50 XBL card stacks with the $50 card from student deals. $100 free credit wouldn't be bad at all.

How does Best Buy offer money back on previous purchases?
You have 30 days if you're Elite or 45 days if you're Elite+ to get a price adjustment. 15 days for everybody else.

Basically just take your reciept in and tell them you wan't to get a price adjustment on whatever item you're bringing in. They will look it up and then refund you the difference. That simple.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

You have 30 days if you're Elite or 45 days if you're Elite+ to get a price adjustment. 15 days for everybody else.

Basically just take your reciept in and tell them you wan't to get a price adjustment on whatever item you're bringing in. They will look it up and then refund you the difference. That simple.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000
NICE!!! I'm an elite+ member gonna have to look for my receipt now, purchased in July. Used BBY Giftcards and Movers coupon on purchase hopefully that doesn't confuse things too much for them and them not offer me the money back. But first I must find the receipt

If I used the USPS Movers coupon on my Wii U purchase... I already had 29.99 deducted from my original price. Only leaves about $10 left for me to claim. Not fair cuz I would of used the Coupon on this price instead.

If I used the USPS Movers coupon on my Wii U purchase... I already had 29.99 deducted from my original price. Only leaves about $10 left for me to claim. Not fair cuz I would of used the Coupon on this price instead.
So get another coupon, buy it again and return using original receipt. Simple.

I've been fence sitting on the Wii U. Is $260 the time to bite? Not crazy about this bundle but I hesitated on the Mario Kart bundle and its gone. Should I wait for "real" Black Friday or an inevitable Smash Bros. Amiibo Bundle?

LOL, they call these sales? We got Titanfall, Ryse, Killzone and a Wii U bundle? That's it? If they're going to be that bad, they could at least make the prices of this limited selection decent. I guess the Wii U is a nice price, but $35 for a launch game on Bone? Hard pass.

Damn, I expected mediocre deals but was still hoping for one or two decent one. Oh well at least we elites members will get the real early Black Friday latter this year.

Yeah GCU isn't working with the sale, I can add all the hardware stuff (USB drives wii u etc) and it'll show the discounts but all the games only show the GCU discount not the sale.  Don't want any of this crap so no big loss but another LOL at bestbuy.

$260 isn't a great deal for a Wii U plus SMBU, especially considering the game you must absolutely get - MK8 - gives you a free copy of SMBU if you want (or buy extra copies and also get Pikmin 3 and Zelda HD).  Stacking with Movers coupon is decent though, especially with a BB credit card which is giving you back another 10% in reward certs.

There will always be a better deal coming around, I'm sure a great wii u deal will be had in the fall.  imo though this is an AWESOME time to buy a Wii U, since you can buy 3-4 copies of MK8 at Target this week, flip them to Gamestop/BB for a small profit or just $5-6 cost, and redeem the CN codes for 3-4 free extra games.  I bought the $200 refurb Wii U and loved the deal, for basically $260 I got a new Wii U and 5 games and used the trade credit at Best Buy to buy a Pro controller and motion+ which are on sale this week.  A pink, peach controller...

Anybody that is Elite(plus), what is the price on the Note 3?  I'm upgrading my Note 1 soon, and was planning on holding off until the Note 4, but if the price is right... My Note 1 feels like an ancient relic at this point.

Anybody that is Elite(plus), what is the price on the Note 3? I'm upgrading my Note 1 soon, and was planning on holding off until the Note 4, but if the price is right... My Note 1 feels like an ancient relic at this point.
$249.99 Verizon, $299.99 AT&T and $349.99 sprint

It said $99 after 200-250 saving on the top page after clicking the link, is it for opening a new contract? The description is not very helpful on how you get the deal.
yea my bad I clicked the link but was looking at the price beside the products and didn't realize the price was at top. Yea it is $99.99 after a two year agreement contract

Can you use the movers coupon off the 260 Wii U price in store? that would make it like 234?

There will always be a better deal coming around, I'm sure a great wii u deal will be had in the fall. imo though this is an AWESOME time to buy a Wii U, since you can buy 3-4 copies of MK8 at Target this week, flip them to Gamestop/BB for a small profit or just $5-6 cost, and redeem the CN codes for 3-4 free extra games.
Do you have to have a Wii U registered with Club Nintendo before redeeming those free game codes you get in MK8?

Wii U is like only good sale really. Killzone has already been 20$ numerous times, even Amazon.

but guess if u got GCU killzone ain't bad.

Do you have to have a Wii U registered with Club Nintendo before redeeming those free game codes you get in MK8?
You do not need a WiiU to register the CN code and obtain a voucher code for the 4 free games. I'm pretty sure it does not care if you have a registered console or not to get these codes.

You have to redeem the code through the eShop app on the wiiU console. The original Wii does not have this available as they are 2 different shops. Not sure if you can redeem the code using a 3DS though... that's probably the only way you could try this.

You don't need a Wii U to use the Club Nintendo codes. You can redeem them on their website and they will email you the free game download codes as long as you do it before the end of July. The download codes expire 9/30/14 AFAIK you need a Wii U console to redeem them.

Also note that you need to create a family account on Club Nintendo if you are planning to get more than 1 free game. There is a dedicated thread with more information.

... they will email you the free game download codes as long as you do it before the end of July. The download codes expire 9/30/14 AFAIK you need a Wii U console to redeem them.

Also note that you need to create a family account on Club Nintendo if you are planning to get more than 1 free game. There is a dedicated thread with more information.
Thanks for this important info. Looks like I'm late to the game, and you saved me some time. I wasn't in the mood to go through 40 pages, I'll skim through it tho. They should update the most pertinent info in the OP.

I was planning on getting a Wii U on Black Friday, but since those codes expire in Sept., it looks like I gotta make a decision.

"Black Friday in the Summer" is another name for "Clearance on Last Year's Stuff So We Can Stock This Year's Stuff".

Not sure if it's been mentioned if working for others, but I'm not elite or elite plus but do have GCU and am getting the sale price + GCU in my cart on games. Other stuff is ringing up regular price.

Offtopic:

just bought a (phat) ps vita with 8gb + 4 games (callofduty, assassin creed3,godofwarcollection,onepiece) for $80, is it worth it? got it from the neighbor's garage sale. :whistle2:?

Offtopic:

just bought a (phat) ps vita with 8gb + 4 games (callofduty, assassin creed3,godofwarcollection,onepiece) for $80, is it worth it? got it from the neighbor's garage sale. :whistle2:?

Amazing deal. I would have bought it despite owning one already.

Offtopic:

As long as there's games you want to play on it, it's a great deal. Personally use mine to play PS1/2 era JRPGs that I never played.

Offtopic:

great deal especially if all 4 games are physical. heck the one peice game came out last week and is 40 alone.

GCU works. In for ryse, titanfall, and killzone. another 20% off on top of Gcu / sale price with bestbuy cc and movers

This ends up being slightly better (titanfall) vs target sale (PM+15off). Well target is better initially but BB is better in the long run.

Only thing I want to know is this sale live in store if your elite plus? Will it stack properly in store? It does online.

GCU works. In for ryse, titanfall, and killzone. another 20% off on top of Gcu / sale price with bestbuy cc and movers

This ends up being slightly better (titanfall) vs target sale (PM+15off). Well target is better initially but BB is better in the long run.

Only thing I want to know is this sale live in store if your elite plus? Will it stack properly in store? It does online.
Agreed that would like to know if it's live in store yet

Agreed that would like to know if it's live in store yet
Target has the potential to be better tomorrow for titanfall if the price is $39.99 at bb for target to see without needing to view your cart. Then $39.99 minus $15 - 5% redcard would be the best but not sure on that just yet. Targets minus $15 doesn't apply to the other games on this list and is YMMV of course.

So ya its online only. I wonder if its online only for early access. F it just going to place my orders now, forget the 10% movers :/

Ok 100% confirmed this will work in store tomorrow. Will wait till then.

does the movers coupon work online as well? i assumed that was an instore coupon only, considering that you had to live near a retailer for the coupon to even show up

The Movers Coupon has a code to work online, but the application is not good for the Wii U. It will revert the $260 sale price to $299 and then take 10% off, down to $269.

EDIT: I originally said that the movers coupon did not apply to the Wii U. This was while the sale was in My Best Buy early access. Now that the sale is universal, the coupon DOES apply. There must be some sort of exclusion that was triggered previously.

bread's done
Back