Best Buy Black Friday in July [July 25 - 26, 2014] *Elite and Elite Plus July 23*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
seo_sunday.jpg

On July 25-26, 2014, you can shop in-store and online for Black Friday deals that are sure to make your summer a little sunnier. Now you don't have to wait for after Thanksgiving sales to get Black Friday pricing on all of the electronics and appliances you've had your eye on.

Edit:

My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members can start saving July 23.

My Best Buy members can get these deals starting July 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking at that Logitech M310 mouse. Than I went on eBay and saw them going for $5 w/o the receiver. I already have two receivers from the Logitech mouse (that's tiny but was $3) and keyboard so $5 is a much better deal. They all connect to the same receiver too.

How is it "tempting"? You can get refurb 32gb Wii U consoles for $200 direct from Nintendo; $260 isn't a good deal at all, even brand new.
It was tempting enough for me. Had $200 in Gift Cards, didn't have to wait a week or 2 (if they are still backed up) to receive it and I got a game I actually wanted to play (no interest in NintendoLand). So in the end the $60 difference wasn't that big of a deal.

completely off topic but this happened to me today.  I ordered two mario karts for in store pickup during the walmart 50% bonus deal with madden preorder.  I picked them both up that day.  Now today i received an email from walmart saying my item is still available for pickup.  When i check the status of my order it says I picked up one of the games but not both.  So my question is, if I go back and show them that email, will they give me another mario kart?  I paid for them with gift cards.  Am I better off letting it cancel?  (but then I have no idea how they refund a gift card that I threw away after picking my games up) 

it clearly says on top "online only" so how is it in store as well? :p
The early access is online only, but Friday and Saturday is both in store and online.

I'm tempted to get an iPad with the 5X points offer + sale + movers coupon and maybe 10% back from using my BB credit card. If they will let me stack those offers, I will probably get one in store Friday or Saturday.

How is it "tempting"? You can get refurb 32gb Wii U consoles for $200 direct from Nintendo; $260 isn't a good deal at all, even brand new.
This is actually $260 + 10% back in RZ points for BB RZ CC holders.

Best deal I've seen has been $250 from Buy via eBay (no tax for me) plus ~ 15% back in eBay bucks.

But I don't know how you can compare a nintendo refurb to a NIB with two full retail games.

Skipped the wii system last gen. highly likely will get the U this holiday.  Hopeing for a $199 BF package. SMW U and MKU looks awesome.  

This is actually $260 + 10% back in RZ points for BB RZ CC holders.
Also movers 10% coupon if you can get one along with any Best Buy credit or certificates you might have to bring the cash cost down. Buying from Nintendo directly is 100% cash out of pocket.

i went and got ice age 4 on blu ray for 10$. besides that theres nothing else i want here in this sale. if you want a wii u and have a movers coupon id jump on it ! its a great secondary console and im having a blast re living wind waker on it. mario u is old school mario with a fresh coat of paint which isnt a problem for me as ive taken a long break from the ol plumbet untill now :D

Ordered the wii u with movers online. Doing the rest of my stuff in store tomorrow.

Wii u comes out to $212.66 for me if you factor in the 10+tax% rewards + 2x points with bb cc.

I like how you completely dismiss the brand new aspect but add a nod at the end of the post. There IS a different between refurbished and new items. It's silly to say an item is a bad deal because the refurb is cheaper.

Also the bundled games are different. You can get NSMBU and NSLU for $90 new. NintendoLand you can pick up for a little over $10. I'm surprised how you glossed over this aspect. You also get 160 coins which can be redeemed for a free digital game.

Nintendo also charges shipping I believe and it's expensive. It was like $15 for me a while ago. $215 vs $260 - 10% Movers Coupon = $246 - 10% BB CC = $223.

$215 Refurb vs $226 Brand New. The bundled game offer is better with the $226 deal.

Lol @ "this is a bad deal"

How are you applying the movers coupon online and can this be done instore instead?
Some movers don't have it but its just a separate online code. Works online for almost anything besides video games.

I like how you completely dismiss the brand new aspect but add a nod at the end of the post. There IS a different between refurbished and new items. It's silly to say an item is a bad deal because the refurb is cheaper.

Also the bundled games are different. You can get NSMBU and NSLU for $90 new. NintendoLand you can pick up for a little over $10. I'm surprised how you glossed over this aspect. You also get 160 coins which can be redeemed for a free digital game.

Nintendo also charges shipping I believe and it's expensive. It was like $15 for me a while ago. $215 vs $260 - 10% Movers Coupon = $246 - 10% BB CC = $223.

$215 Refurb vs $226 Brand New. The bundled game offer is better with the $226 deal.

Don't forget the $10 via 2x Points!! :D + 25% extra points with elite plus. lewl.

Plus all your certs include tax. So many savings...

a little too much theorycrafting in here.  you can't stack the movers coupon online with the discount, its one or the other.  Maybe in store you will have better luck but probably not, since the Black Friday sale is applied as a discount coupon and BB systems don't stack coupons.

also the refurb systems you get from Nintendo have been brand new for a while now, it could change anytime of course once they run out of returned stocks.  either way both deals are good and you should do what is more comfortable for you - if you can go into store and stack movers and discount and have a BB credit card its a good deal.  

don't forget best buys DOTD today is nintendo land + green luigi motion+ controller for $40, if you buy this wii u can grab that too for an extra controller.  absolutely get MK8 and a wii u pro controller.

I'm sure another great deal will come around before end of the year too, it would be cool if they had a special edition Smash Bros Wii U.

Using "retail" prices to make it sound like the new system is a better deal is pretty desperate. No one is stupid enough to pay $90 for NSMBU and NSLU, those games can be had for a lot less (both together are going for around $40 on Ebay right now, there goes $50 of your "deal"). Also shipping from Nintendo for the refurb is a flat $5, is that "expensive"? And LOL at trying to bring the movers coupon into this, most people don't have one.

Bottom line, $260 is a poor deal; there are going to be much lower prices on Wii U consoles towards the holidays, much better to just wait.

Ordered the wii u with movers online. Doing the rest of my stuff in store tomorrow.

Wii u comes out to $212.66 for me if you factor in the 10+tax% rewards + 2x points with bb cc.
I just went to my local Postal Office and requested a Change Of Address form. She handed me over one. I saw the Best Buy 10% Off Your Next Purchase coupon. It had a online code on the back. I used it and got a Wii U bundle that was on sale at Best Buy for $260. Applied the coupon code and it knocked it down to $233 + no tax (live in Delaware). In store pick up. Woo. I always wanted a Wii U right now.

a little too much theorycrafting in here. you can't stack the movers coupon online with the discount, its one or the other. Maybe in store you will have better luck but probably not, since the Black Friday sale is applied as a discount coupon and BB systems don't stack coupons.

also the refurb systems you get from Nintendo have been brand new for a while now, it could change anytime of course once they run out of returned stocks. either way both deals are good and you should do what is more comfortable for you - if you can go into store and stack movers and discount and have a BB credit card its a good deal.

don't forget best buys DOTD today is nintendo land + green luigi motion+ controller for $40, if you buy this wii u can grab that too for an extra controller. absolutely get MK8 and a wii u pro controller.

I'm sure another great deal will come around before end of the year too, it would be cool if they had a special edition Smash Bros Wii U.
your wrong sorry

Update: I originally said that the movers coupon did not apply to the Wii U. This was while the sale was in My Best Buy early access. Now that the sale is universal, the coupon DOES apply. There must be some sort of exclusion that was triggered previously.

Using "retail" prices to make it sound like the new system is a better deal is pretty desperate.
It's almost as if deals are lower prices than retail prices. It's also misleading that you're comparing second hand copies to brand new copies. Why bother using CAG at all if you're gonna say everything is a bad deal because used is cheaper? Seriously, I don't need to explain this to you.

"People don't have the Movers coupon!"
It literally takes 5 minutes to go grab one and a ton of CAG do in fact have them. The beauty of retail is coupons work.

You can grab NintendoLand pretty much for free right now (Wii Remote Combo). You can't do that with Mario Bros.

I just want to make this clear, no one is saying refurbished is a bad deal. What we have a problem with is people shit posting deals because their logic of a brand new bundle not matching a refurb price means everything is a bad deal.

Grabbed a mover's package at my school's post office. Open up the coupons and got 10% off Lowes, Sears and BestBuy. Problem is all the coupons expired 3 years ago.

If they don`t have the BB credit card using the mover`s coupon on a $200 visa is nice too +$16 per card after fee.

bread's done
Back