Best Buy @Gamer coupons for 4/6 to 5/3

MoCiWe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
$25 off Puppetter (PS3)

$15 off God of War: Ascension (PS3)

$50 off Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition (X360, PS3)

$20 off Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

$20 off Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)

$5 off Rocketfish Chat Headset (PS4)

$5 off Rocketfish DS4 controller kit Blue/Black (PS4)

$10 off any Pre-owned game $29.99 and up (Will have to sort through all the 20-29.98 stuff since they changed their sorting system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=-1140068749326905334&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24pcmcat232900050017&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuidsaas&qp=currentprice2_facet%3DPrice~%2450+-+%2499.99%5Ecurrentprice2_facet%3DPrice~%2420+-+%2439.99%5Ecurrentprice2_facet%3DSAAS~Price~%2440+-+%2449.99&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat232900050017)

Coupons good for 4/6/2014-5/3/2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I logged into my @Gamer account to see why I didn't receive my coupons this month and it shows my subscription expired on March 1st (I did receive the coupons last month).  I renewed by GCU using the 2 year $30 coupon offer a few months ago.  Anyone have any advice on how to correct this or have experience with a similar problem?

I don't want to go through a bunch of hassle to fix it if this really is the last month of coupons (especially since I don't read the digital magazine), but there seems to be some question of how many more months of coupons we'll get and I don't want to miss out on the possibility of more future coupons.

I logged into my @Gamer account to see why I didn't receive my coupons this month and it shows my subscription expired on March 1st (I did receive the coupons last month). I renewed by GCU using the 2 year $30 coupon offer a few months ago. Anyone have any advice on how to correct this or have experience with a similar problem?

I don't want to go through a bunch of hassle to fix it if this really is the last month of coupons (especially since I don't read the digital magazine), but there seems to be some question of how many more months of coupons we'll get and I don't want to miss out on the possibility of more future coupons.
Your old @Gamer/GCU expired March 1st. Up to that point, you receive both benefits from the old/new GCU. Renewing gives you the new benefits for 2 more years but does not extend your old benefits (the coupons and the magazine). Basically, you aren't entitled to any more coupons.

Have all coupons except Puppeteer and Pikmin, interested in MSP, PayPal, Amazon, or PSN. PM me if interested

Your old @Gamer/GCU expired March 1st. Up to that point, you receive both benefits from the old/new GCU. Renewing gives you the new benefits for 2 more years but does not extend your old benefits (the coupons and the magazine). Basically, you aren't entitled to any more coupons.
since you brought it up, it reminded me that this will be my last set of coupons, because my membership expires in april 6.

Thanks for clarifying. I did go ahead and email @Gamer customer service just to see if anything would come of it. I'm sure it will since I always get a prompt response and immediate action anytime I email a big company. I'll report back if anything positive comes of it.

I wish I could go back  to last summer/fall and link all of these coupon begging threads to the people who would endlessly bitch about how terrible @gamer/GCU was.

$15 down could've saved you tenfold or more.

I wish I could go back to last summer/fall and link all of these coupon begging threads to the people who would endlessly bitch about how terrible @gamer/GCU was.

I'm sure you could put together a list of userids that match between the groups of people bitching then, and begging now. I just know there is some crossover in there.

Anyone have a Ninja Gaiden code to pass on? I have a couple of random extra steam codes from bundles I'd be happy to gift in return. PM me if you want.

just spent 40 minutes on the phone with best buy.  New egg has prestige edition ghost for xbox 360 for 79.99.  well I got best buy to match it but the computer system wouldnt take my code for $50 off said it didnt qualify.  But if its any help to anyone when I enter my COD ghost prestige code on best buy it takes $76 off instead of $50

just spent 40 minutes on the phone with best buy. New egg has prestige edition ghost for xbox 360 for 79.99. well I got best buy to match it but the computer system wouldnt take my code for $50 off said it didnt qualify. But if its any help to anyone when I enter my COD ghost prestige code on best buy it takes $76 off instead of $50
1. The coupons won't work with a price match since both are considered promos. And 2. The coupon is $50 but it taking more off cause I'm guess you are gcu member so you get your 20% off as well is where that extra $26 come in at

Shouldn't all GCU get these coupons?  I haven't ever received anything after my welcome coupons in the beginning.  I don't care about the magazine but I do feel cheated out of some of these deals.  Is there a mod on a BBY forum that I can contact?  Thanks

$25 off Puppetter (PS3)

$15 off God of War: Ascension (PS3)

$50 off Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition (X360, PS3)

$20 off Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

$20 off Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)

$5 off Rocketfish Chat Headset (PS4)

$5 off Rocketfish DS4 controller kit Blue/Black (PS4)

$10 off any Pre-owned game $29.99 and up (Will have to sort through all the 20-29.98 stuff since they changed their sorting system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=-1140068749326905334&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24pcmcat232900050017&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuidsaas&qp=currentprice2_facet%3DPrice~%2450+-+%2499.99%5Ecurrentprice2_facet%3DPrice~%2420+-+%2439.99%5Ecurrentprice2_facet%3DSAAS~Price~%2440+-+%2449.99&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat232900050017)

Coupons good for 4/6/2014-5/3/2014
all up for trade (PayPal/M$). Except NG3 coupon used that one

[quote name="Lord Hamm" post="11678000" timestamp="1397026296"]Hopefully Puppeteer will end up free[/quote]

Hey, it's one of those posters I was talking about!

Shouldn't all GCU get these coupons? I haven't ever received anything after my welcome coupons in the beginning. I don't care about the magazine but I do feel cheated out of some of these deals. Is there a mod on a BBY forum that I can contact? Thanks
Below should answer your question

When did you sign up? If you signed after the new changes (20% etc) then you don't get the coupons. If your original membership expired (after 20%) and you extended it then you don't get the coupons. The only people who still get the coupons are members that still have the membership from before the new changes.

^ well that doesn't seem fair at all. I'm not mad though, BB has been great to me over the last few years. Plus my store has a great CS team that matches 99% of any deal I show them without a problem.

^ well that doesn't seem fair at all. I'm not mad though, BB has been great to me over the last few years. Plus my store has a great CS team that matches 99% of any deal I show them without a problem.

I wish I could go back to last summer/fall and link all of these coupon begging threads to the people who would endlessly bitch about how terrible @gamer/GCU was.

Well, I was never one of those who bitched and moaned about the coupons when my original GCU membership was active October 12'- September 13'. I was actually thankful for the deals I was given every month with my coupons.

That said, in my defense I actually tried to renew ahead of time in (i think) mid September 13' (my sub expired on 9/30/13). Absolutely no go. They weren't allowing renewals in any of my three local stores that month and no one in the store knew what to do to get around it. They said because of incoming upgrades or something along that lining.

So it's not like I tried not to resubscribe. I was pretty much punished because of the "upgrade" coming two months later. No longer recieving the digital magazine I could possibly see but denying new subscribers the opportunity at the coupon deals for the last six months they were going to be around seems pretty shitty to me.

Hence why some are now begging or asking and at least trying to offer something in return. That's my two cents on the matter.

Thanks to all who pointed out how to determine if we still get the coupons. My @Gamer died 3-1, but I did get last month's coupons.  Just looking for the GOW:A and NG3 physical coupons.  Want to try to get a GOW:A CE that is clearanced with the coupon.  And need another cheap game for our new Wii U.

If someone has a pokemon x or y code they want to trade for coupons, I'm not using any of mine except the Pimin one, and even that one I'm not sure about.

Thanks to all who pointed out how to determine if we still get the coupons. My @Gamer died 3-1, but I did get last month's coupons. Just looking for the GOW:A and NG3 physical coupons. Want to try to get a GOW:A CE that is clearanced with the coupon. And need another cheap game for our new Wii U.
I've still have a subscription but haven't gotten any coupons this year :wall:

The begging is funny though. Seeing as people beg who once said the program suck (rightfully so, it did) and than those that complain for people wanting credit for the coupons they paid for. Too good.

I have all the coupons though. Amazon credit for each. PM if you want.

You can go all the way back to when they 1st started charging and in the really good months when $70 was 5+ games. People didn`t wanna pay $5 for the one with three $5 games & B:AC for $10.

The begging is funny though. Seeing as people beg who once said the program suck (rightfully so, it did) and than those that complain for people wanting credit for the coupons they paid for.
The program never sucked before they charged you got $10 for every $150 spent, many more instant giftcard offers & the price match policy pretty much meant a $40 price match even if you bought on day 1.
The 1st year of them charging $15 alot of people got free upgrades, the trade in values were insane which kept you from spending cash & the $20 pre-orders combined with the price match policy pretty much meant they paid you to game daily.
The 20% discount combined with smart shopping keeps BB ahead of the pack even @ $120(but people really should`ve jumped on the $30 or $60 ones.)

There`s been months where the coupons has sucked but taken in stride the free games & cheap ones would've paid for AT LEAST 2 yrs of GCU & PUR with enough credit leftover for 2-3 games.

If BB offered the 20% discount to all shoppers during a Friday/Sat 2 day sale you`d see the same people who said GCU is a waste of money purchase enough games in that weekend to cover the cost of $60 GCU sub. Then for the next 2 yrs continue to complain about it.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-the-20-GCU-to-all-customers-during-a-non-ad-promotion/idi-p/799640

You can go all the way back to when they 1st started charging and in the really good months when $70 was 5+ games. People didn`t wanna pay $5 for the one with three $5 games & B:AC for $10.

The program never sucked before they charged you got $10 for every $150 spent, many more instant giftcard offers & the price match policy pretty much meant a $40 price match even if you bought on day 1.
The 1st year of them charging $15 alot of people got free upgrades, the trade in values were insane which kept you from spending cash & the $20 pre-orders combined with the price match policy pretty much meant they paid you to game daily.
The 20% discount combined with smart shopping keeps BB ahead of the pack even @ $120(but people really should`ve jumped on the $30 or $60 ones.)

There`s been months where the coupons has sucked but taken in stride the free games & cheap ones would've paid for AT LEAST 2 yrs of GCU & PUR with enough credit leftover for 2-3 games.

If BB offered the 20% discount to all shoppers during a Friday/Sat 2 day sale you`d see the same people who said GCU is a waste of money purchase enough games in that weekend to cover the cost of $60 GCU sub. Then for the next 2 yrs continue to complain about it.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-the-20-GCU-to-all-customers-during-a-non-ad-promotion/idi-p/799640
That's really up to opinion and when you signed up. For me, it wasn't that impressive (signed up June last year). I saw what it use to be though and it was good at a time.

That's really up to opinion and when you signed up. For me, it wasn't that impressive (signed up June last year). I saw what it use to be though and it was good at a time.
Correct me if I`m wrong but since last June BB has had quite a run. The $30 re-up coupon could`ve been sold/traded for a good haul plus that $15 investment will continue paying off till 2016. And in the last few months the 20% in combo @gamer coupons has resulted in major game deals too.

That`s why people are fighting so hard to get BB to move the @gamer coupons to mybb vs ending them totally. Where I will agree with you is that the welcome kit coupons being downgraded is crappy since they increased the membership cost, the coupons should be getting better & better not worse when the prices increased so much.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-Back-the-Monthly-Coupons-to-all-paid-GCU-Members/idi-p/785677
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Save-Gamer-GCU-BestBuy-don-t-lose-your-edge-now-amp-become-a-1/idi-p/784487
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Upgrading-the-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-welcome-coupon/idi-p/788962

Correct me if I`m wrong but since last June BB has had quite a run. The $30 re-up coupon could`ve been sold/traded for a good haul plus that $15 investment will continue paying off till 2016. And in the last few months the 20% in combo @gamer coupons has resulted in major game deals too.

That`s why people are fighting so hard to get BB to move the @gamer coupons to mybb vs ending them totally. Where I will agree with you is that the welcome kit coupons being downgraded is crappy since they increased the membership cost, the coupons should be getting better & better not worse when the prices increased so much.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-Back-the-Monthly-Coupons-to-all-paid-GCU-Members/idi-p/785677
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Save-Gamer-GCU-BestBuy-don-t-lose-your-edge-now-amp-become-a-1/idi-p/784487
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Upgrading-the-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-welcome-coupon/idi-p/788962
Again, it depends on how you viewed it. I got a good amount of free games (mostly crap games that I traded or sold but still well worth it). Paid $15 for that sub than $20 for the resub for 2 years.

Apart from that I only got one game pre-ordered for the $20 bonus since most of the games they offered in the program weren't worth it for me.

The coupons were nice but I barely used any of them. Even now I barely use them and end up giving them away since they aren't worth selling (the games) or buying for myself. Puppeteer is the best deal I've gotten and I got the game for $7 (AC+GC).

Again, it depends on how you viewed it. I got a good amount of free games (mostly crap games that I traded or sold but still well worth it). Paid $15 for that sub than $20 for the resub for 2 years.

Apart from that I only got one game pre-ordered for the $20 bonus since most of the games they offered in the program weren't worth it for me.

The coupons were nice but I barely used any of them. Even now I barely use them and end up giving them away since they aren't worth selling (the games) or buying for myself. Puppeteer is the best deal I've gotten and I got the game for $7 (AC+GC).
So wouldn`t the only fair way to judge it would be after yrs are up. I mean alot can happen in 2 yrs you could score 3 free top notch games which may then completely sway you the other direction. Most people refer to 3 issues of GCU the DBZ, $10 SSX & $10 B:AC but the pre-owned deals of the week combined with $10 off used have netted nice deals also.
But you`re right it`s a matter opinion I just say wait till you have the full 2 yrs to judge.

So wouldn`t the only fair way to judge it would be after yrs are up. I mean alot can happen in 2 yrs you could score 3 free top notch games which may then completely sway you the other direction. Most people refer to 3 issues of GCU the DBZ, $10 SSX & $10 B:AC but the pre-owned deals of the week combined with $10 off used have netted nice deals also.
But you`re right it`s a matter opinion I just say wait till you have the full 2 yrs to judge.
Are you trying to debate my opinion on the program and how I've used it so far?

The program for me wasn't that great when I first signed up. It wasn't until this year when I started getting free games with it and selling those games that it was worth it. The 20% off starting is also a plus though I barely buy games (I'm too cheap and wait until games are at X value (depends on game) before I buy it).

Now it's good but not "amazing" for me. Maybe if I brought more games or it the limit on games wasn't 3 per year. I tend to buy games for my brothers to play with me. That limit stops me from spending more at BB. I'd buy one copy at BB and price match some deal for another 2 elsewhere.

I'm going to judge the program based on my current experience. Not what ifs.

Are you trying to debate my opinion on the program and how I've used it so far?

The program for me wasn't that great when I first signed up. It wasn't until this year when I started getting free games with it and selling those games that it was worth it. The 20% off starting is also a plus though I barely buy games (I'm too cheap and wait until games are at X value (depends on game) before I buy it).

Now it's good but not "amazing" for me. Maybe if I brought more games or it the limit on games wasn't 3 per year. I tend to buy games for my brothers to play with me. That limit stops me from spending more at BB. I'd buy one copy at BB and price match some deal for another 2 elsewhere.

I'm going to judge the program based on my current experience. Not what ifs.
There were plenty of cheap/free games & free rentals even when you joined maybe you missed some BB`s been doing that for 3 yrs now. Everytime there`s a 50% or 100% bonus there`s games that can be play & traded w/i a week that either end up costing nothing, costing tax or traded for a profit.

Being able to own a game for less than the price of a redbox weekend is amazing to me.

Most of us are cheapasses & I fully agree with your shopping system of waiting, I buy when BB puts them on sale for $40($32 w/GCU). To me getting games for close to 50% off w/i 60 days is amazing considering people will be standing in line for hours on thanksgiving day 7 months from now hoping to score the same games for the same prices or even more.

Even the 3 game limit issue was "solved" by BB for most since the ended up sending 2+ $30 re-ups yes you`d pay $60 for 2 yrs of GCU but you`d also be able to get 6 20% titles and 2 $10 pre-order promos per game. On a game like south park if you bought 2 you`d save $24 & get $40 credit then take the $40 & purchase a 3rd copy for free using the credit since BB put it on sale. I guess it depends on how you personally use it too but being able to pretty much "float" the same $60 credit across 8+ games throughout the yr is pretty hard to top. GCU & CAG should allow you to invest $100 & buy new games at will for a while w/o putting in more money assuming you`re trading in games when done & using RZ certs/trade credit.

Not directed at you but there`s a segment of BB/GCU haters that`ll swear we`re all fools for paying for GCU at any price even when many have already saved well over $120 in a few months with 2-4 yrs of GCU leftover. And most didn`t pay $120.

Hope GCU continues to be good to you

There were plenty of cheap/free games & free rentals even when you joined maybe you missed some BB`s been doing that for 3 yrs now. Everytime there`s a 50% or 100% bonus there`s games that can be play & traded w/i a week that either end up costing nothing, costing tax or traded for a profit.

Being able to own a game for less than the price of a redbox weekend is amazing to me.

Most of us are cheapasses & I fully agree with your shopping system of waiting, I buy when BB puts them on sale for $40($32 w/GCU). To me getting games for close to 50% off w/i 60 days is amazing considering people will be standing in line for hours on thanksgiving day 7 months from now hoping to score the same games for the same prices or even more.

Even the 3 game limit issue was "solved" by BB for most since the ended up sending 2+ $30 re-ups yes you`d pay $60 for 2 yrs of GCU but you`d also be able to get 6 20% titles and 2 $10 pre-order promos per game. On a game like south park if you bought 2 you`d save $24 & get $40 credit then take the $40 & purchase a 3rd copy for free using the credit since BB put it on sale. I guess it depends on how you personally use it too but being able to pretty much "float" the same $60 credit across 8+ games throughout the yr is pretty hard to top. GCU & CAG should allow you to invest $100 & buy new games at will for a while w/o putting in more money assuming you`re trading in games when done & using RZ certs/trade credit.

Not directed at you but there`s a segment of BB/GCU haters that`ll swear we`re all fools for paying for GCU at any price even when many have already saved well over $120 in a few months with 2-4 yrs of GCU leftover. And most didn`t pay $120.

Hope GCU continues to be good to you
You're assuming I want every game from the coupons / deals or that I don't already own some of the games.

I don't buy games until its $20 or less and even at that, $20 is too much. But I combine multiple deals to get my games. Heck, got Pokemon X used for $20 from Gamestop after combining some deals.

Again, I'm sure the program is amazing for some people. It's just good for me though. $20 for 2 years of GCU is a great price. $120 isn't worth it for me though but I didn't pay that much so I can't complain.

You're assuming I want every game from the coupons / deals or that I don't already own some of the games.

I don't buy games until its $20 or less and even at that, $20 is too much. But I combine multiple deals to get my games. Heck, got Pokemon X used for $20 from Gamestop after combining some deals.

Again, I'm sure the program is amazing for some people. It's just good for me though. $20 for 2 years of GCU is a great price. $120 isn't worth it for me though but I didn't pay that much so I can't complain.
I gotcha but one last question if you`d be able to buy the same games you pay $20 for at $32 then "float" that credit across 4-6 more games before you need to pay any extra money OOP is there any advantage to waiting? Assuming you don`t have a backlog or extremely long game like skyrim.

Just one question, and it may sound incredibly stupid, but where do I find these coupons?

I have been an GCU member since late February and have not seen any coupons except my welcome packet.

Given the track record I have had with these guys so far, I'm not impressed.

Another call to their customer support line, where they insist that I am in the wrong, and I'm done with Best Buy.

Just one question, and it may sound incredibly stupid, but where do I find these coupons?
I have been an GCU member since late February and have not seen any coupons except my welcome packet.

Given the track record I have had with these guys so far, I'm not impressed.
Another call to their customer support line, where they insist that I am in the wrong, and I'm done with Best Buy.
if you signed up in February you won't get these coupons these coupons are for those that renewed before the new program started in November and were grandfathered in to the coupons until the coupons end all together next month

if you signed up in February you won't get these coupons these coupons are for those that renewed before the new program started in November and were grandfathered in to the coupons until the coupons end all together next month
A bit of earlier readngs in the thread, as well as your input, has indeed clarified it for me.

I do appreciate you providing me with this information.

If anyone has a spare Pikmin and or NG3 code, i'd be interested in maybe scooping it.

Just PM me if you're willing to part with either.

What is the subject line of the coupon email?  I renewed in Dec, so I don't think I get them, that correct?
Was hoping on picking up NG3

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately I renewed in February with my $30 coupon, but don't get these monthly coupons. Been wanting Puppeteer since release at the right price. This would have done it.

bread's done
Back