Best Buy @Gamer Dec Coupons: DW8 $40off, COD:BO Vita $25off, EOU:MG 3DS $15off, BLOPS WII-U $10off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Just got my magazine in today.  Coupons are as follows:

Valid 12/1/13-1/4/14

FAQ:

-Coupons are working in store now.

-GCU should stack with the price AFTER coupon discount.  A few CAGs confirmed this is what happened with the Injustice coupon in October.

-CAGs are reporting that ONLINE ONLY it is applying GCU first then coupon. :hot: :hot:

Dynasty Warriors 8 :360: / :ps3: $40 off

:360: Dynasty Warriors 8

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 8

$19.99 after coupon

or

$15.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $7.99 after GCU then coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (Vita) $25 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $14.99 after GCU then coupon

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl :3ds: $15 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU the coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops :wiiu: $10 off

$29.99 after coupon

or

$23.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU then coupon

Disney Infinity Toybox Challenge Starter Pack :3ds: $10 off

$64.99 after coupon

or

$51.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $49.99 after GCU then coupon

$10 off any Pre-Owned game $29.99 and Up

*Above link is to pre-owned games, sorted high to low.  Best I could do!

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Wireless Headset $50 off

$169.99 after coupon

Sony Pulse Wireless Headset $30 off

$119.99 after coupon

Everything should be linked.  Definitely going to use the EO coupon :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Zalaki said:
Damn gcu scored this cheap ass copy of dw8. I can't even find dw7 for that price :(
I just got two copies of DW7 at Kmart on clearance for $5 each today. Check there and scan the game regardless of what the marked price might be if you can find it. It should automatically be $5 in system if you can find a Kmart that still has it. One copy for me, one for my son, so not looking to trade or sell.

still wish I got the physical mag.  ATgamer people extended my sub until Feb/Mar 2014 since I never got 3 issues.  Unfortunately when I renewed in Sept, I got switched to digital -_-.  At least I get to use 2 coupons on the good stuff!

So how is it going to go?

Scan game- $49.99
Scan RZ card- -$10.00
Scan coupon- -$25.00

Final price- $14.99

I will update my findings unless someone else does it first.

So, do you have to wait for Best buy to email you the digital link or is there a link we can all use if the digital version is already available

So how is it going to go?

Scan game- $49.99
Scan RZ card- -$10.00
Scan coupon- -$25.00

Final price- $14.99

I will update my findings unless someone else does it first.
I assume you're talking about CoD: BO Declassified. If it's like what happened with Injustice, the GCU discount will apply after the coupon savings, so the final price would be $24.99 - $5.00 = $19.99+tax.

Got it to work. The coupon scans as $10 off army of two but no money off transaction. Asked the manager I know and she took off the $25 since the coupon took off nothing.

Best advice is be polite.

Got it to work. The coupon scans as $10 off army of two but no money off transaction. Asked the manager I know and she took off the $25 since the coupon took off nothing.

Best advice is be polite.

It usually takes a few days for the coupons to be updated since they share the same SKU month-to-month.

I went to BB this afternoon to get Etrian Oddysey for the 3DS. I am GCU member, so after scanning the game the 20% came off like normal, but when she tried scanning the magazine $15-off coupon it would not allow it. Manager came over said he's not suppose to but ill override the transaction and give you the extra $15 off on top of GCU.

He acted like he was doing me a favor? Isnt it suppose to come off automatically at the register??

Anyways, I walked out the door with the Game & Music CD with Design Book for $16.99

3DDIw8A.jpg

Black Ops: Declassified did not work for me.  Cashier scanned my card, then the game.  Got $10 off making it $39.99.  She scanned the coupon which came up $0.00 and she was dumbfounded.  Cashier didn't know what to do, so she got the assistant manager.  He didn't know what to do, so he got the store manager.  Store manager came and looked at the coupon and the register and finally said it wouldn't work because the coupon won't work with any other offers or promotions.  I told him, nicely, that me being in the gamers club and an elite member is a membership, not a promotion OR offer.  I pay for a membership and with that membership comes benefits, namely 20% off new games.  The coupon from the gamers mag is a promotion or offer.  Long story short, he wouldn't budge, I bought the game for $26 and on the way home decided it will get returned.  That game, from what I have read is not a $26 game.  $20 yes.  My store is like 50/50 on stuff like this.  Some managers just come over and punch a code in and don't care, while others have the mindset of deny, deny deny.  I got denied.

Black Ops: Declassified did not work for me. Cashier scanned my card, then the game. Got $10 off making it $39.99. She scanned the coupon which came up $0.00 and she was dumbfounded. Cashier didn't know what to do, so she got the assistant manager. He didn't know what to do, so he got the store manager. Store manager came and looked at the coupon and the register and finally said it wouldn't work because the coupon won't work with any other offers or promotions. I told him, nicely, that me being in the gamers club and an elite member is a membership, not a promotion OR offer. I pay for a membership and with that membership comes benefits, namely 20% off new games. The coupon from the gamers mag is a promotion or offer. Long story short, he wouldn't budge, I bought the game for $26 and on the way home decided it will get returned. That game, from what I have read is not a $26 game. $20 yes. My store is like 50/50 on stuff like this. Some managers just come over and punch a code in and don't care, while others have the mindset of deny, deny deny. I got denied.
Might be that the coupon hasn't been fully implemented in the system yet. If you go back in a few days it'll probably be fine.

I'm actually pretty happy at the DW8 coupon since they hardly ever go on sale as far as I have seen. I haven't played DW since 4 so mindless hack'n'slash fun for $16 is a great deal! I hadn't even noticed the coupon for it until one of my friends pointed it out to me and asked me to get it for him.

With that being said, is anyone from the NYC area not going to be using their DW8 coupon? I already promised my friend I would get this for him, but I would love to have one myself after reading all the reviews for it.

I would pay you back plus a 360 or PS3 code from what I have for your time or help you get an extra BLOPS: declassified or EOU since I don't plan on using either of those coupons.

PM if interested, thanks

Just got my coupons in email and when I did store pickup for DW8 I got it for $8 pretax after GCU. 60 - 12 - 40, dang that is crazy. 

Got my coupons emailed to me this morning. I punched in the promo code online just to see how much it would be and for whatever reason, DW8 for PS3 came out to be $8.00 ($8.70 after CA tax). I'm an elite plus so got free shipping, but even then,  the math still doesn't make sense to me.  If anybody is thinking about getting DW8, try jumping on it now before they fix what ever is the problem. 

Got my coupons emailed to me this morning. I punched in the promo code online just to see how much it would be and for whatever reason, DW8 for PS3 came out to be $8.00 ($8.70 after CA tax). I'm an elite plus so got free shipping, but even then, the math still doesn't make sense to me. If anybody is thinking about getting DW8, try jumping on it now before they fix what ever is the problem.
They are taking the 20% of off MSRP, sweet!

Got my coupons emailed to me this morning. I punched in the promo code online just to see how much it would be and for whatever reason, DW8 for PS3 came out to be $8.00 ($8.70 after CA tax). I'm an elite plus so got free shipping, but even then, the math still doesn't make sense to me. If anybody is thinking about getting DW8, try jumping on it now before they fix what ever is the problem.
Odd...but confirmed that is the case.

EDIT: Yes that is what is going on. The 20% and the coupon are adding together. So $12+40=$52 off, making it $8+tax. Same for CoD Vita is $15 ($25+$10=$35 off).

Just got my coupons in email and when I did store pickup for DW8 I got it for $8 pretax after GCU. 60 - 12 - 40, dang that is crazy.
So they're taking off the GCU first? Very nice.

Edit- Well that's dumb, none available anywhere around here.

I have no idea why I just bought DW8 except that it is $60 MSRP and I got it for $8.56  I've always wanted to try one of the DW games out, so I guess #8 will be the one...

Now for a Declassified price drop and i'd probably re-buy it just to remind myself how bad it is.  Anyone thinking that $15 is a good deal for it is delusional.

Put a notice in the OP.  You guys want me to put in the prices with GCU first then coupon as well since in-store pickup is applying the GCU first?  Glad to hear that appears to be the case. :D

$8.34 shipped after using the online coupon code. Don't really care much for the DW games, but I can't pass up that price.

Coupon says "Can not be used at BB.com". I still get physical copies and not via email. Am I just stupid...
Physical magazine is in store only, but the digital coupon can be used twice. Once in store and once online. So getting physical magazines is not a good idea and most CAGs changed their subs to digital when we learned of this change.

Call of Duty for Vita shows $39.99 in my cart, but when I go to the next step in the checkout process it then shows $49.99. Not sure what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back