Best Buy @Gamer Dec Coupons: DW8 $40off, COD:BO Vita $25off, EOU:MG 3DS $15off, BLOPS WII-U $10off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Just got my magazine in today.  Coupons are as follows:

Valid 12/1/13-1/4/14

FAQ:

-Coupons are working in store now.

-GCU should stack with the price AFTER coupon discount.  A few CAGs confirmed this is what happened with the Injustice coupon in October.

-CAGs are reporting that ONLINE ONLY it is applying GCU first then coupon. :hot: :hot:

Dynasty Warriors 8 :360: / :ps3: $40 off

:360: Dynasty Warriors 8

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 8

$19.99 after coupon

or

$15.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $7.99 after GCU then coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (Vita) $25 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $14.99 after GCU then coupon

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl :3ds: $15 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU the coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops :wiiu: $10 off

$29.99 after coupon

or

$23.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU then coupon

Disney Infinity Toybox Challenge Starter Pack :3ds: $10 off

$64.99 after coupon

or

$51.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $49.99 after GCU then coupon

$10 off any Pre-Owned game $29.99 and Up

*Above link is to pre-owned games, sorted high to low.  Best I could do!

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Wireless Headset $50 off

$169.99 after coupon

Sony Pulse Wireless Headset $30 off

$119.99 after coupon

Everything should be linked.  Definitely going to use the EO coupon :D

Last edited by a moderator:
And then to top it all off a bunch of white knights get on their soap boxes and start blogging their self righteous cliched comments that have been said a million times before that serve no purpose but to muck up threads with off topic banter in a thread about game deals on a deals forum

We get it. When Best Buy screws people they get mad. When they offer good deals people want to get in on them. Oh the irony

Grow up. Its like grade school in here any more
Yeah, I don't think you're fooling anyone with that dodge. You'd better not get a coupon after all the shit you've talked about BB/GCU/@gamer over the past year.

Seriously, if you/io/etc. had paid the $15 within the first nine months of the year you'd have made your money back several times over without even trying. It was and is the best rewards program for gaming, period.
but not at $120

You can use these online now? My sub ended in the Summer, but I probably would jump on EO. I have a code for a Battlefield 4 Gold Battle Pack Preorder Bonus if anyone wanted to trade, it's good for any platform.

Was able to get DW8 for $8, but when I added Etrian to the cart it popped in at $31.99, but when I went to checkout it bumped back up to $39.99.
Did not have this problem, I got my games both of those for $25 +tax. Added Heroes of Ruin too for $14 and change.

Hey guys. So..... I love DW and I'm totally drooling at this.

I have Gamersclub, but not unlocked anymore (I believe it's been a good while since my sub ran out, not exactly sure how long).

So there is no way for me to get in on this deal?

To get it for $8 you need to be part of the $120 gamers club unlocked thing? Is that what I am understanding? Thanks for anyone who can clear this up.

Hey guys. So..... I love DW and I'm totally drooling at this.

I have Gamersclub, but not unlocked anymore (I believe it's been a good while since my sub ran out, not exactly sure how long).

So there is no way for me to get in on this deal?

To get it for $8 you need to be part of the $120 gamers club unlocked thing? Is that what I am understanding? Thanks for anyone who can clear this up.
No way for you to get it unless there is the off chance you find a magazine in store. @Gamer magazine (physical/digital) only sent to those that were GCU before the change to Gamer's Club.

Snagged DW8 for PS3. I'm actually going to keep it and play through it. Such a great series. Thanks to whoever posted the comment about the coupon stacking with GCU 20% off. Total was $8.70, and I'm having it shipped. Works for me.

Edit: Had my reservations about renewing my membership, but it's a no brainer at $30. Going to do that before the year is over.

So, if I renewed again recently (within the last month) will I be getting the coupons or is it only a legacy item for people whose subs hadn't run out yet?

Ahh, what the hell, I'll ask too.  Anyone with a spare DW8 coupon?  I have one myself I'm using this weekend, but my cousin loves the series, and I'd like to grab one for him for Christmas.  

Snagged DW8 for PS3. I'm actually going to keep it and play through it. Such a great series. Thanks to whoever posted the comment about the coupon stacking with GCU 20% off. Total was $8.70, and I'm having it shipped. Works for me.

Edit: Had my reservations about renewing my membership, but it's a no brainer at $30. Going to do that before the year is over.
Don't forget about the CheapAssHustla character DLC. I heard he's the best character in the game.

Well, it never hurts to ask: If anyone has a spare DW8 coupon they'd be willing to send my way I'd be immensely grateful.  I'm actually subscribed to the physical edition of @Gamer but haven't received it for the last couple months.  Customer Service was "kind" enough to add more time to my sub but that doesn't do me much good if they keep failing to send the issues in the first place, haha.    :wall:

Wait, so if I buy IN-STORE it will be $16?  If so, not as good as the online deal.  For some reason, I still get physical magazines. 

Can I convert my sub to digital and get digital coupons right away?

Def glad I switched to digital a few months back. DW8 wasn't in stock anywhere near me and I would of not been able to get the game if I still had the physical magazine.

Wait, so if I buy IN-STORE it will be $16? If so, not as good as the online deal. For some reason, I still get physical magazines.

Can I convert my sub to digital and get digital coupons right away?
No, not right away. It takes 4-8 weeks to take effect. By now, everyone should opt for the digital sub as it has proved more useful time and time again. Don't be one of those guys who after finding out that they can't take advantage of the current deal don't bother to change their subscription to digital and miss out on the next one.

The coupon works on multiple copies in cart?
It let me add 2 @ $8 each. I ordered it with 1 Payday ps3 and Xbox. I didn't take a screenshot of the order number and it's not listed under my orders. But my gift card has been charged.

Went to store and nothing. So I'll have to call I guess.

It let me add 2 @ $8 each. I ordered it with 1 Payday ps3 and Xbox. I didn't take a screenshot of the order number and it's not listed under my orders. But my gift card has been charged.

Went to store and nothing. So I'll have to call I guess.
Did you get the "wait for store pickup confirmation before heading to your Best Buy" e-mail? It's definitely not supposed to work on two. Maybe that's what's holding up your order. If your order is canceled, you just lost the coupon too.

In-store DW8 & Etrian Odyssey didn't stack with GCU & coupons. Asst manager only gave me the better price (the coupons), not both added together. I only get the physical mag, and my coupons were used in store, so I guess I'm SOL now?
Based on how people are reporting the discounts working online, I called the Silver support line, who transferred me to "post-purchase support." I don't think the poor lady ever quite understood what I was explaining, but when I presented the corrected math which resulted in a $20 overcharge, she issued me a $20 gift certificate which is to be mailed to me.

I hope BB irons out these quirks soon...overall I got the games for the correct amount, but it was a major headache.

I have a $15 coupon code for Etrian Odyssey if anybody wants to make a small contribution to my favorite charity. Message me.

Did you get the "wait for store pickup confirmation before heading to your Best Buy" e-mail? It's definitely not supposed to work on two. Maybe that's what's holding up your order. If your order is canceled, you just lost the coupon too.
nope, no email or anything in my order history. I should've taken a screenshot.

That happened once before, but about a week later, I received the package. I went in-store and they had nothing. I'll call them and see.

Yeah, maybe I did. Let's see.

Has anyone that had their gcu expire and then subsequently renew using the $30 coupon been able to get these coupons?
No. Because these are @Gamer magazine coupons. The $30 renewal doesn't include an @gamer sub and the magazine is going to be discontinued next year. People with existing subs will receive it through the earlier of their previous expiration dates and June, when publication will cease.

No. Because these are @Gamer magazine coupons. The $30 renewal doesn't include an @gamer sub and the magazine is going to be discontinued next year. People with existing subs will receive it through the earlier of their previous expiration dates and June, when publication will cease.
...which is why the coupons will be better from here on out.

I really hope they go out with a bang on the last issue and do something crazy coupon-wise.

So apparently when they reupped GCU to feb 2014 they didn't reup the @gamer sub.  Anyway if anyone isn't going to use the EO coupon I would really appreciate it.

To those who reupped GCU but didn't get @gamer reup, I'm sorry. mine sub ran out in oct, so I had to $30 renew and I got mag :(

I feel for you though!

Is that issue still around where if you sign up for the two years using the $30 coupon, it'll only give you one year? Or has it been fixed?

I got DW8 for $8, thanks to whoever pointed it out! I haven't played a DW game in years but loved it when I did.

So having already used my digital coupon, can I still use the physical one to get it in store for $16 (or whatever it is)? Still a good price I'd love to give it as a gift to my buddy with whom I used to spend hours upon hours playing DW with.

I'll sell you mine for $5. You'll still save :whistle2:0
Thanks for the offer, but paying for a coupon goes against the cag in me. But still looking for the Etrian Odyssey coupon if anyone that's not going to use it wants to give it up.

Has anyone that had their gcu expire and then subsequently renew using the $30 coupon been able to get these coupons?

*Slowly raises hand*

I signed up for my first ever GCU sub on 10/1/12 and it expired on 9/30/13. When I first signed up I asked for the physical edition of @Gamer. When I recieved my second issue the next month (I recieved my first issue upon signing up in-store) it came crushed in the mail. I immediately switched to digital so I wouldn't have to deal with any problems in the future and they extended my digital sub by an extra month to november 2013.

When I tried resubbing in early october of this year in-store they said stores weren't allowing it. That said, my GCU membership ended on the date it was supposed to but my @Gamer sub lasted to november as promised. I recieved the email with the coupons and everything! :D .

So here we are now in december... I check my email yesterday and what do I see? "Here is your december issue of @Gamer"! :D . I did recieve the $30 coupon for the new GCU, since my membershio expired in late september. I resubbed with the $30 coupon on 11/10, so I'm guessing that's why I recieved this december issue of @Gamer?. Either way I got the coupons in the email along with the digital copy of the december issue :D/ .

I got EOU:MG for $17 even plus tax and DW8 for $8 even plus tax. Like others here reported earlier it automatically applied the 20% off first and then it applied the $15 off coupon code second. No complaints here and I'm glad I decided to go digital when I did! :D

Anyone have experience cancelling or letting an in-store pickup order expire and getting their promo code back? I'm guessing I'll have to call customer service but curious if anyone's had success there or on the BB forum.

this might be a strange question, but does dynasty warriors 8 have coop options? or multiplayer options?

I will trade EOU with someone for DW8 for any nyc cags who don't plan on getting dw and pay me the difference.  PM me if interested, thanks.

Luckily i got in on the $8 dw8 myself, picked it up the same day but there was a huge line of people waiting to pick stuff up from the weekend.  first time i actually had to wait on a line that long to pick something up.  usually only one other person in front of me.

Wouldn't it be nice if Best buy actually did it this way instead from here on out until mag ends as a way to thnak actual subscribers to their program?  of course im pipe dreaming cause after all we are talking about bby

this might be a strange question, but does dynasty warriors 8 have coop options? or multiplayer options?
There is coop. You each use a different character and share the screen like other games where you can't move further unless both of you are close. Its pretty fun. I play them with my GF from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back