Best Buy Halo 4/Assassin's Creed III Collector's Guides 80%+ off - $6.99 each

BB is too cool....I hope they keep this up.

On the B2G1 used mistake on my order, they gave me $10 back , making each game I bought around $3 each.

I bought both, don't plan on using them but perhaps they'll increase in value at some point, if not i'll figure something out for them

I was just there last night and had them scan the AC3 hardcover guide. The lady told me it was $35 so I didn't get it. Then this morning I rush to BB to grab XCOM, but only see this topic after I get home...

Thanks OP, in for both with store pick-up. I'm not normally one for guides, I really only like them for the artwork and extras. But for only $7 each I'll add them to my shelf.

In for one of each, hopefully the glitch people were reporting with the bonus 500 points still exists and I can essentially get these two for $4.80 total.

I thought all my area stores had gone OOS for the AC III CE guide when I checked earlier this morning.

They are showing Available Now once again.

I've never bought a guide in my life, but I couldn't pass up that pretty ACIII guide for only $6.99! I got the last one on the shelf in the Lincoln, NE store.

I just picked up my copy of Halo 4 CE guide from my local store. It was in perfect shape. Had 2 left and 2 left of the AC3 ones too but I already own one.

[quote name='Sauron96']I picked up 2 of each. Damn heavy...they won't bother anyone in the closet; see what they're worth October-December.[/QUOTE]

You should pick up a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning LE Guide. Over 600 pages. The thing is a beast.

I picked up both guides, and for some reason I got an additional 15% pack disc. I did not by the games that go with the guides, but I did buy Pikmin 2 and the DS Ninjago bundle.

Guess the cashier hit the wrong button, and it gave me another $1.05 off.

Thanks OP.

First stop: Radio Shack for a $20 copy of Halo 4
Second stop: Redeeming 3 RZ certs for half off the 3-month + bonus of XBOX Gold, and super discounted Halo 4 Collector's Guide (with 2 avatar items) and my bonus 500 RZ points in the mail. It was a good day to be a CAG!

I bought both...Why? I don't know. But I do own both games and haven't started either game's campaign yet. Well, I made it through the 3 hour opening bullshit in AC3, but I don't count that as starting the game

LOL, i thought i was going to get bashed initially, when posting this, because ppl were spoiled by the "penny guides"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']LOL, i thought it was going to get bashed initially, when posting this, because ppl were spoiled by the "penny guides"[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of CAGs are willing to purchase CE guides if they were priced this way. Me included ;)

[quote name='kart007k']really ppl need guides for these games?[/QUOTE]

Really people need to comment about how they don't think something is necessary on a video game website? Nothing we buy that we find on CAG is unnecessary...

[quote name='johnnybeachboy']what does the collectkrs one look like?
I thought the non hardcover with the lithograph was the collectors....[/quote]

which one is the collectors?

Both the HC and SC at BBY come with the lithograph (BBY exclusive). I'm not going to say that every ACIII guide for the rest of time at BBY will have the litho, but all I've seen to this point do. The HC has some extra content not in the SC and it's hardcover. No DLC.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You should pick up a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning LE Guide. Over 600 pages. The thing is a beast.[/QUOTE]

The original Skyrim CE hardback is also a beast.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Really people need to comment about how they don't think something is necessary on a video game website? Nothing we buy that we find on CAG is unnecessary...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flacksguy']I already have 2 paperback and 1 hardcover guides for Halo 4, but I'm such a fan I orderd another hardcover to remain sealed.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ *ahem* ^^^^

Went to walmart to PM Halo 4 hardcover for their exclusive lithograph. It's just like best buy's AC litho, small and numbered. Glad to have both now.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']I'm hoping that the ACIII collector's edition guide is the Best Buy exclusive version and not the standard version.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up mine. It's the BB exclusive version.

Wish I saw this earlier, I was at best buy and looked at the halo guide and was like "Didn't I hear of a deal on this... nah" and put it back. Going to go out a second time for it

[quote name='Skooba81']Trumbull, CT Best Buy has about 10 Halo CE guides and 6 AC3 CE guides in case any Connecticut CAGs are hunting for them[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't want to make the trip norwalk is closer for me.

[quote name='te619']I picked up both guides, and for some reason I got an additional 15% pack disc. I did not by the games that go with the guides, but I did buy Pikmin 2 and the DS Ninjago bundle.

Guess the cashier hit the wrong button, and it gave me another $1.05 off.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. The cashier was confused but said "What the hell" and let the transaction go through anyway :lol:

My local best buy had about 15-20 each of the Halo and AC3 LE guides and 30 each of the soft cover AC3. Can't imagine it will be long before these are pennied out.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Same thing happened to me. The cashier was confused but said "What the hell" and let the transaction go through anyway :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's correct. A guide is 15% off with the purchase of any game. I bought 2 guides and 2 games and got 15% off both. Then I went back and got 2 guides with 1 game and got 15% off of one guide.

If there are any cheap games from the clearance that you are mildly interested in, keep in mind you will get about $1.00 off a ACIII or Halo 4 guide if you buy a game.

Does anyone know if the 15% off guides works with preowned games? It might be worth trying if your bestbuy still has dozens of .99 cent preowned ps2 games like my store does. It's pretty much a free game and you save a few cents by buying it.

My local store had about 2 dozen each of the collector's editions for both games and about the same for the regular softcovers. Passed on both since I'm not a collector and have beaten both games.

ordered both but they tried to give me paperback. found the HC for halo at another store. did store pickup for AC CE at a different location. hopefully they have it

bread's done
Back