Best Buy Halo 4/Assassin's Creed III Collector's Guides 80%+ off - $6.99 each

[quote name='bob330i']I don't think that would have been possible. I believe they scan the item as part of the pick up transaction.[/QUOTE]

They can bypass it. Best buy tried giving me the first Pokemon black when I bought it off their website for store pickup.

Got the last AC3 collector's edition at my local store (Middletown NY) - they had two more of the paperback ones and there were like 6 Halo 4 collector's editions. I almost bought one but thought eh I don't have an xbox might as well leave it for someone who needs it or whatever (or for El hoardo to take them)

BB at Westheimer near west oaks houston has tons of Halo 5 guides and 1 AC3 CE guide left. They also have some Vita cradle on sale too, no more vita cable though. Lots of 8GB and 32GB but no more 16GB vita cards.

got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would call the 800 number and ask for a supervisor. Store to store transfers are 100% possible and since the store is the one who messed up they should be the ones to do everything they can to fix it. Granted you may I went to the store that had the other things in stock and they said if they did it would be a 21 day weight need to wait a week or two to get your items, but better late than never.[/QUOTE]

The guy at the store I picked the other stuff atbsaid it takes over two weeks because the shipping schedule between the stores is completely ridiculous. I had.nothing else to do and hadn't been to that town in almost a decade so I drove the extra 15 minutes one way in my almost 6000 lb SUV with a modified V8 that is tuned to high octane for max performance,. Sucking gas the whole way, but what the heck, I had to do another data log for the tuner anyway. They tried to give me standard copy. Luckily they had several hardcovers left.

Oh and.while I was there the employee manning the store pickup register didn't know how to do store pickups. She seemed very annoyed with me that I was in line. Yes. Because I was in line. When leaving, the a woman who may have been the manager, just staring at me gave me the most insincere " have a good day" I have heard from a retail employee. The guys in gaming hadn't brought over the pickups or gaming so they had to go find it back there. This store is a total mess. I'm guessing they are on the closure list.

Same issue. They tried to give me the paperbacks instead of the hardcovers, and on top of that, they didn't even try to price-adjust - they were willing to let me pay the hardcover price for the paperbacks.

I had them cancel the order.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)[/QUOTE]

I got the FF Xii-2 CE guide yesterday for $14.99 as well, was disappointed that they didn't give it to me for a penny...manager took 15 min to decide what to charge me too

Just picked up one of each while I was buying a game. The store still has 4-5 more sealed Halo guides, but I bought the last AC guide. However, I did buy both online at the store by my office but instead bought them at another store that had the game i wanted and I was going to cancel the order, so, if anyone needs either just message me and I can go by tomorrow after work.

Could anyone please help me get a decent ACIII guide? I am a huge fan of stuff based of and inspired by American history. I also like Assassin's Creed.

I put in a pickup for the Halo one. I dont get how they can mess that up cause they have different covers. Im still debating about the AC one cause AC3 was terrible in my opinion. I was very dissapointed with it.

Saw both guides at BB yesterday, but did not know they were on sale. $4.99 just feels like a better price then $6.99. Ill wait until I get some RZ points, then hope they still have them (I doubt this will happen though!)

went to get my pick up order they tried giving me the official guide STD edition of Ass Creed 3. Manager came to check and give me a 10$ gift card for their mistake.

[quote name='bob330i']I don't think that would have been possible. I believe they scan the item as part of the pick up transaction.[/QUOTE]

No. Their "process" is pick & pray. I've had them pull the wrong item before, informed them, had them fail to properly cancel the order and had a pain in the assassin's creed trying to get my money back.

[quote name='Sonne']Waiting for that Dead Space 3 one...

And perhaps Tomb Raider after that.[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider CE Guide for this price would be awesome.

One of my local BB (Sacramento) had three copies of the ACIII guide. I couldn't bring myself to get it, since it's one of those games you really don't need a guide for.

Thanks OP.

Picked up a Halo and AC3 guide. Both look great and are well worth it.

By the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (Does not have to be the corresponding game)

[quote name='ferris182']
by the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (does not have to be the corresponding game)[/quote]

[quote name='scaretax']picked up a halo 4 ce guide today for $5.94. Not sure if it pertains to all best buys or just the chesapeake, va store.[/quote]

Lol. ;)

Stopped by the Best Buy near my workplace during my lunch hour to see if they had the guides. No ACIII but they did have one Halo 4 CE guide left. I grabbed it to gift it to my friend's brother. The cashier was surprised by the price and the bagchecker on the way out was blown away and said it was a complete steal. Then he stopped, looked around, and said that he doesn't condone stealing. I got a small chuckle from that.

Later in the day I tried to gift it to my friend's brother who ended up not only having one open that he used but also a sealed copy. Bought were bought at $40 a piece :lol:
Guess I'll keep this one sealed for my collection.

[quote name='ScareTax']Picked up a Halo 4 CE guide today for $5.94. Not sure if it pertains to all Best Buys or just the Chesapeake, VA store.[/QUOTE]

So that's why I got it cheaper when I picked it up today with Pikmin 2 and X-Com. Tons of Halo guides and 2 AC3 CE guides left at my location.

[quote name='ferris182']Thanks OP.

By the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (Does not have to be the corresponding game)[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me. I bought a game with the guide, but it was still $7. Whatever.

[quote name='Dranakin']One of my local BB (Sacramento) had three copies of the ACIII guide. I couldn't bring myself to get it, since it's one of those games you really don't need a guide for.[/QUOTE]
What modern game does? None that I can think of, if a game requires a players guide to get through it (like Zelda on NES) that's a big minus in my book. And even if it wasn't, guides and youtube videos are all over the internet, just use those.

Still, getting the hardcover ACIII book for under $6 was too tempting to resist. I've never bought a game guide before, do these ever get valuable? Debating whether or not I should open it, the extra artwork/history segments intrigued me.

[quote name='ferris182']Thanks OP.

By the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (Does not have to be the corresponding game)[/QUOTE]

Damn the manager did not mention this! Some of their managers are just lazy. The guy put the books on the table but was too lazy to even put up a sign saying sale and price!

[quote name='rcerboss']What modern game does? None that I can think of, if a game requires a players guide to get through it (like Zelda on NES) that's a big minus in my book. And even if it wasn't, guides and youtube videos are all over the internet, just use those.

Still, getting the hardcover ACIII book for under $6 was too tempting to resist. I've never bought a game guide before, do these ever get valuable? Debating whether or not I should open it, the extra artwork/history segments intrigued me.[/QUOTE]

I agree no game requires a guide. But the guide books are amazing to look through if you really like a game.

Grabbed the AC3 Guide since i didn't know the Halo guide was on sale as well. But i wish Stores did this as normal practice for older guides in general.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']If anyone could grab me an AC3 (sealed) for $15 I'd appreciate it[/QUOTE]

both guides are shipping again.

My NYC ppl, the one in Union Square has two more Ass Creed 3 hardcovers. Saw at least four Halo 4 hardcovers. Maybe more, but I only glanced. There's a good amount of paperback AC3. Not sure about Halo 4 paperback.

Was going to try to see if preordering Bioshock would get me 15% off - but the preorder wasn't scanning. Said it wasn't available for sale or something.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']All I see is Halo 4 CE for shipping, AC3 is sold out. Perhaps it was in stock then sold out again.[/QUOTE]

Since the sale runs until 3/30, there is a chance AC3 will come back in stock. Add it to your cart and just check on it a few times a day to see if 'Shipping' becomes clickable.

[quote name='trunks982']the Best Buy still has that exclusive lithograph in the AssCreed CE guide?[/QUOTE]

The paperback and CE include the BBY lithograph at the one I went to.

I stopped at Best Buy to grab an AC3 guide for a friend and grabbed a second if someone needs it. It's the CE, still sealed. Includes litho.

PM me to claim. Total should be around $12 shipped.

Atwater Village store on Los Feliz in LA/Glendale has at least 5 of the Halo CE guides still sealed in the guide section as of an hour ago. Also, saw one AC3 CE guide in the register area in the game section, but it was open. I did store pickup on one of each. Most LA stores are still showing availability on these for in store pickup, as well as the slightly cheaper $4.99 regular guides.

Tried to PM at Walmart for the Halo CE Guide but was turned down by the General Manager. The conversation went like this:

Me:"I'd like to Price Match to Best Buy please"

GM: "We don't Price Match, we Ad Match"

Me: "What does that mean?"

GM: "If they have the price in a PRINTED (emphasis added) advertisement, we price match."

Me: "Ok...You don't price match at all?"

GM: "Listen, I told you already. We don't price match at all. Nothing. No price matching period. We AD MATCH (emphasis added). If a store has a printed ad and the price is listed, then we price match. If you want to Ad match, bring their ad next time."

Me: "To be honest, it's ridiculous that I have to bring in a physical ad since we have the benefit of modern technology. I'll buy my things elsewhere."

I didn't appreciate him being condescending, so I left all my items at the checkout and left.

[quote name='submissionking']Tried to PM at Walmart for the Halo CE Guide but was turned down by the General Manager. The conversation went like this:

Me:"I'd like to Price Match to Best Buy please"

GM: "We don't Price Match, we Ad Match"

GM: "If they have the price in a PRINTED (emphasis added) advertisement, we price match."

Me: "Ok...You don't price match at all?"

GM: "Listen, I told you already. We don't price match at all. Nothing. No price matching period. We AD MATCH (emphasis added). If a store has a printed ad and the price is listed, then we price match. If you want to Ad match, bring their ad next time."

Me: "To be honest, it's ridiculous that I have to bring in a physical ad since we have the benefit of modern technology. I'll buy my things elsewhere."

I didn't appreciate him being condescending, so I left all my items at the checkout and left.[/QUOTE]

He is right. You are wrong.
But then you had to embarrass yourself by posting it.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't sell one to me (came up as not in system) and they had 8 copies >.>

got one of ~20 copies of ACIII guide, and the final copy of Pikmin 2 :D

[quote name='gordojones88']He is right. You are wrong.
But then you had to embarrass yourself by posting it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't argue, respond sarcastically, nor did I indicate that he wasn't right. You read the posted conversation. His demeanor was the issue. I've never heard of Ad match so I asked for clarification and he responded in a disrespectful way.

Clearly, you missed the point of my post since you're trying to insult. If you're going to reply to anyone, refrain from throwing insults as those kind of responses damage the integrity of this board.

[quote name='submissionking']GM: "We don't Price Match, we Ad Match"

Me: "Ok...You don't price match at all?"[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised that he took on a condescending tone when you asked the same question he had just answered.

bread's done
Back