Best Buy Halo 4/Assassin's Creed III Collector's Guides 80%+ off - $6.99 each

[quote name='Romeo']Went to walmart to PM Halo 4 hardcover for their exclusive lithograph. It's just like best buy's AC litho, small and numbered. Glad to have both now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Wal-Mart near me has it, but I'll try for a PM tomorrow. I can sell the one BB is holding for me to one of my buddies. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It's correct. A guide is 15% off with the purchase of any game. I bought 2 guides and 2 games and got 15% off both. Then I went back and got 2 guides with 1 game and got 15% off of one guide.

If there are any cheap games from the clearance that you are mildly interested in, keep in mind you will get about $1.00 off a ACIII or Halo 4 guide if you buy a game.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about that. Thanks :)

I'm seriously debating on grabbing another Halo 4 CE just for collective purposes. I'd like to use one of them, but if I open it, that'll kill any re-sell value it may or may not have.

Thanks OP great thread! I wish Best Buy would do more of these reduced price guides. I miss the penny guides but this is fair. My store even had the price tags reflect the lower price.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']I'm seriously debating on grabbing another Halo 4 CE just for collective purposes. I'd like to use one of them, but if I open it, that'll kill any re-sell value it may or may not have.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Resale value on a guide so overstocked they had to clearance it?

What you said right there is part of a huge problem with the world today.

Picked up one of each at my BB today I had planned on getting the AC3 guide eventually so now was as good a time as any. Halo 4 I did not intend to get but it was cheap enough. Thanks for the deal!

P.S. my BB had plenty, I think at least 5 of each not including the ones I picked up.

Thanks OP! Picked up the AC3 Hardcover. There's a bunch of Halo 4 and AC3 Hardcover guides in my area in case anyone was interested but couldn't find any.

Someone cleaned the BB in my area out of all of the guides. Sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told myself many times I wouldn't buy either of these guides, but I just remembered I have a welcome pack coupon from renewing my GCU that is good for 50% off any gaming strategy guide...decisions decisions.... :whistle2:k

[quote name='TaylorM06']I bought both...Why? I don't know. But I do own both games and haven't started either game's campaign yet. Well, I made it through the 3 hour opening bullshit in AC3, but I don't count that as starting the game[/QUOTE]

ac3 is seriously dissapointing thru out and im a HUGE ac fan...didnt even pick up the guide

[quote name='Dund3r']I told myself many times I wouldn't buy either of these guides, but I just remembered I have a welcome pack coupon from renewing my GCU that is good for 50% off any gaming strategy guide...decisions decisions.... [/QUOTE]

I wanted sooo badly to get a MH3 Ultimate guide with that coupon, but they confirmed the guides digital only... SUPRISE!!! ;( I mean damn... the one japan got was AWSOME but us? PFFT...

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']ordered both but they tried to give me paperback.[/QUOTE]

Stuff happens, e.g., AC III the guide, AC III the game... you don't have to be a blueshirt - any of us in a hurry to pull an order could get them mixed up, right?

[quote name='Romeo']You're kidding right? Resale value on a guide so overstocked they had to clearance it?

What you said right there is part of a huge problem with the world today.[/QUOTE]

And you're absolutely going to flame me for it, aren't you?

Or have you forgotten about the Metroid Prime Trilogy? They were blowing it out at 20 bucks a while back and now guess what? The prices have shot up so high that even getting one close to $40-$50 is a STEAL.

A brand new copy on Amazon will run you $245. A used one? About $88.

Who could've predicted that?!

Also, anyone who would flip the guide any time soon is a total moron. You have to sit on it for a while. Worst case scenerio, you go and sell it for what mere 7 dollars you have in it.

Got both the CE guides (AC III and Halo 4) with a couple other clearance games today, and the computer marked them both down another 15%. Pretty sure it was a system glitch, because I didn't buy the actual games corresponding to the guides purchased. Each was $5.94.

[quote name='Romeo']You're kidding right? Resale value on a guide so overstocked they had to clearance it?

What you said right there is part of a huge problem with the world today.[/QUOTE]

just because it's clearanced at a store to make more space, doesn't mean it won't sell in the future or even sell right now.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Got both the CE guides (AC III and Halo 4) with a couple other clearance games today, and the computer marked them both down another 15%. Pretty sure it was a system glitch, because I didn't buy the actual games corresponding to the guides purchased. Each was $5.94.[/QUOTE]

if you purchase any game with guide it's 15% off

Got both. :/ they're pretty friggin heavy. Be careful if you're opting for in-store pickup. Store employees can be just as dim-witted as the mongoloids you get on the customer service calls. They were trying to tell me that the standard books were the collector's editions.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Got both. :/ they're pretty friggin heavy. Be careful if you're opting for in-store pickup. Store employees can be just as dim-witted as the mongoloids you get on the customer service calls. They were trying to tell me that the standard books were the collector's editions.[/QUOTE]

Yup they tried to give me the paperbacks, luckily they still had some left and they went and got the right ones

Just picked up both my guides and the AC3 guide is the lithograph version. I went and looked and it looked like all of my Best Buys AC3 guides had the lithograph sticker on the front. Not many AC3 guides left but they had tons of the Halo 4 CE guides.

I am 99% sure of this, but do both the guides come wrapped in cellophane or is it just the AC3 guide? Want to make sure before I get mine tomorrow.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am 99% sure of this, but do both the guides come wrapped in cellophane or is it just the AC3 guide? Want to make sure before I get mine tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Yup, both.

I don't plan on making a "killing" on reselling them; but like I said...I have extra boxes, I have room...I'll check prices around Christmas time. If not I'll wait another year; these things usually get interest again when the NEXT game comes out. And like someone else said...you paid $7...if you sell it for $20, you still did fine.

Hey guys can anyone pick up a Halo 4 guide for me? Ill pay shipping, I can't go to best buy because of work and school. PM me please! I am a huge Halo fan!

[quote name='Sauron96']I don't plan on making a "killing" on reselling them; but like I said...I have extra boxes, I have room...I'll check prices around Christmas time. If not I'll wait another year; these things usually get interest again when the NEXT game comes out. And like someone else said...you paid $7...if you sell it for $20, you still did fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trojann']Hey guys can anyone pick up a Halo 4 guide for me? Ill pay shipping, I can't go to best buy because of work and school. PM me please! I am a huge Halo fan![/QUOTE]

Sauron will gladly help you.

[quote name='Romeo']Sauron will gladly help you.[/QUOTE]

I just wish that they were still available online :whistle2:/ I can never go to Best Buy during the weekdays, which in result always makes me miss these awesome deals.

For everyone who is interested in the guide, but cannot go to their local store and the website is showing OOS for the store. Call them anyway, ask if they have em in stock, give them the SKU number.

IF they have them in stock you can buy them over the phone and pick them up within a week, perhaps longer if you talk to them and plead your case. If a week starts to approach and you know you can't make it, call the store again, see if they can work something out so you can get them when you have time.

For example, the Avengers 3D Box Set is $20 at Best Buy, down from $70. I really wanted it but it's in-store only and not listed online at all. Called the store I ordered the guides for store pick-up at and they had one left. I paid for it over the phone and it's sitting with my guides for when I go on Tuesday.

IF the store does not have any in-stock, ask them to check other stores in the area and see if they can do a store transfer.

I picked up both guides in hard cover. I couldn't resist at $7. I do not have AC3 yet but I'm hoping someone offers an anthology package soon. There was a huge stack at the Avon, IN BB on a center aisle table.

Went and picked mine up this morning and they are both hardcover, wrapped, and the AC3 one has the Lithograph. Went to Wal-Mart right across the street just to see if they had any hardcover Halo 4 guides. And they didn't. But I did end up leaving with 2 new camo jackets. Usually priced at $29.97 and I ended up picking them up for $17.00 each. Not too shabby. They're nice jackets, too. Totally off topic, but figured I'd share anyways.
:p

By the way, the store in Snellville, GA has plenty of copies (I'd say around 10 or so.) of the Halo 4 CE guide left and about 5 or 6 of the AC3 CE guides left.

So for anyone who read that post I made earlier, I got an updated email....they now told me I have to pick up at the other store. I figured it'll take 6-8 bucks in gas to go there.

not worth it. If they have the regular guide at the closer store I guess I will get it

[quote name='6er']So for anyone who read that post I made earlier, I got an updated email....they now told me I have to pick up at the other store. I figured it'll take 6-8 bucks in gas to go there.

not worth it. If they have the regular guide at the closer store I guess I will get it[/QUOTE]

You can see if they can do a store to store transfer for you. Since they are the ones that messed up it seems.

[quote name='6er']you obviously didnt read my see post in the other thread, the were a disaster yesterday :
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10582471#post10582471[/QUOTE]

I would call the 800 number and ask for a supervisor. Store to store transfers are 100% possible and since the store is the one who messed up they should be the ones to do everything they can to fix it. Granted you may need to wait a week or two to get your items, but better late than never.

Got both of my books today when I did my in store pick up. Both still sealed.

I saw a butt load of Halo 4 CE's and a couple AC3 CE's left at the Independence Blvd store in VA Beach.

Yikes, I went in again today to pick up some guides since they had like 7 left when I bought mine yesterday and they were sold out. There's gotta be a CAG in my area, or at least a reseller. :

Couldn't resist the Halo 4 one, especially since the guy at the best buy forums came through with my @Gamer welcome packet coupons and I had a 50% off a strategy guide coupon to use (and I rarely buy them so this made sense to use it and get it for $3.50).

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']Did in store pickup and they gave me the game. Could have went with it but told them it was a mistake instead. They had over 10 ac3 HC's[/QUOTE]

Yeah....I would've took the game....

[quote name='TaylorM06']Yeah....I would've took the game....[/QUOTE]

I don't think that would have been possible. I believe they scan the item as part of the pick up transaction.

bread's done
Back