Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the contents in these Steelbooks any different from the regular blu-rays? Am ignorant so I apologise in advance.

Man I can't buy this on release day since I had final on the same day sigh... I gotta order by midnight before release day. So far, I need to buy Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc. & Wall*E and extras for the non-US member here.

I want almost all of them (other than Up and Monsters since I already own those). I mean, if I can only get one (and with my budget, that's probably going to be the case), it's going to be WALL-E.

OMG!!! YES!!! Thanks! I've actually been typing in steelbook like each week on the Best Buy site just for some new steelbooks. Although I will say that the price is really unattractive.

I suggest getting ABL, one of the most good looking steels out there:
bug02.jpg

bug01.jpg

Pics thanks to pcdawg

Haha, I wonder how everyone who spent $50+ to import feels.

They are some cool cases, but it's not worth a double dip.

Sweet!

Are they going to be crazy limited like the FS ones or will they be available for a while like the 007 Steelbooks???

I'll be back in the States on the 19th but if they're going to be ultra-limited I want to order a set before then!

That ABL looks awesome. The Sleeping Beauty looks pretty classy as well. Wonder where we could see full photos of them complete...

Goddam. $34.99 lol.

I guess my sister's getting A Bug's Life, Cars, Monster's Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, Sleeping Beauty, and Wall-E 2nd hand from me for Christmas lol.

That's stil' F'ing expensive $279.92... there's gotta be one of those 10% off full price coupons or some other deal or something right?... please drop by next week... ugh!

$34.99, these are a no-buy for me, especially since they're a double-dip.

If they're "on sale" for normal BR prices, say $24.99, then I might think about the double-dip.

Yea, as much as I love a good steel book, paying full price for these movies is too much. Doesnt feel CAG enough to pay 34.99 for a steelbook blu when I paid less than that for 3 of these blus at amazon. I did bite on the Sleeping Beauty and Up steel, but htat was only because they were released as a pre order bonus (didnt even get them at BB). Oh well.

Yikes, almost $300 to get them all (assuming no Pirates 1-3). Why do they have to release them all at the same time, and at such a price? Jeez.

are there special features or something? whats the fascination? why are people paying 35$ for these? thats insane, the fact that they cost even more on ebay is even more insane. so why do you guys want these?

having said that, that bugs life box is pretty nifty =/

9650937 Bug's Life
9650891 Cars
9650955 Monsters Inc.
9650946 Nightmare Before Christmas
9650946 Pinocchio
9650991 Ratatouille
9650937 Sleeping Beauty
9650982 Wall-E

All of these have a $34.99 price tag on them

so will these contain DVD versions and/or digital copies of the film as well? I don't have any of them on BD except Monsters, so I can consider a few, but that is steep!

As for the 10% off Reward Zone coupon, the last one was good for a week b/t 11/23 thru 11/29 (except BF!!) so I don't think there will be another one soon.

Is it safe to assume that these are blu-ray sized steelbooks like Best Buy's Snow White and Up?

Meh. Double dips are bad. I'd rather just stick my current bluray into the case. BB wouldn't sell me one of the Up steelbooks individually; I had to preorder the damn thing. I suppose you could find these on ebay though, couldn't you? Case only with no disc?

Unfortunately, I have most of those titles except for Bug's Life and Cars on BR. If it gets down to the low $20's, I'll pick them up. I can't see myself double dipping on the rest.

I already have these movies on DVD and Blu-Ray (some on VHS as well!) so buying them for the third time is useless for that extra $$$ for something that I won't need.

I already have the Canadian ones, purchased through a friend at cost, but, as a Steelbook collector, I am glad to see us get more Steelbooks in the US. Some people may be upset that the US versions are coming, but we regularly pay high(er) prices to import them from other international stores, or get them via family,etc, with international shipping. All other regions pretty much get Steels-our turn:)

[quote name='62t']I wonder if they are going to be limited like FS and sold out as soon as the store open?[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so, otherwise the Pixar's I just bought are going to depreciate in value :whistle2:(

blah. I'm a complete disney freak but there's NO WAY I'm spending $300 to get 8 movies.

I don't have a bug's life on blu ray yet... or nightmare before christmas. But I have all the others. I think I might just grab the regular blu-rays and hold off on the steelbooks.

I also wish they just sold the steelbooks seperately. That would make like a whole lot easier.

EDIT:

and if the steelbooks were a better price >.

I think the UP steelbook sucks. It is way to big for me to have any interest in using it. It is still sitting in a pile by my tv. Why couldn't they have made it usual size? I would love to have these but considering the others cost me nothing with a $10.00 blu ray purchase I will pass on these for sure.

I think they'd do much better bringing these out slowly than dumping them all on us at full price at once. I'd definitely be interested in some of them, I kind of felt like I was starting a Disney steelbook collection, but I can't justify dropping $300 in one day for almost all double-dips...

son of a biznatch, i literally jsut got all of those from canada. all of them. interesting point, the import of all 8 cost about 250. now i wonder the difference...

also, seeing that both ratatouille and bug's life (the two pixar's that I don't have) are 18.99 on amazon right now, there's really no incentive for me to spend an ADDITIONAL $16 + tax just for a special case..

[quote name='jaysapathy']Meh. Double dips are bad. I'd rather just stick my current bluray into the case. BB wouldn't sell me one of the Up steelbooks individually; I had to preorder the damn thing. I suppose you could find these on ebay though, couldn't you? Case only with no disc?[/QUOTE]You could buy just the steelbook from BB, though you had to do it before the movie released. That, and spend $14.99 on it, instead of $7.50 on the pre-order that you could cancel and keep the steelbook.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's hoping that they have different artwork than FS's but I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]Wouldn't make any sense for them to make new artwork on a mass-produced product.

anyplace to see pics of the others like the bugslife one? found pics of the front but would like to see back and insides...

Ugh. There are some that I might want, but for $35, I might have to wait. Considering the deals recently on Pinocchio, Cars, Snow White, Up I don't think I can justify spending all that money on myself.

$24.99 would have been the good enough price. Fortunately, I still haven't bought a majority of the movies up there so I have an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dougstill']I think the UP steelbook sucks. It is way to big for me to have any interest in using it. It is still sitting in a pile by my tv. Why couldn't they have made it usual size? I would love to have these but considering the others cost me nothing with a $10.00 blu ray purchase I will pass on these for sure.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that UP steelbook is atrocious when compared to any other steelbooks out there. If the steelbooks from BB look anything like that one, I'll definitely pass. As it is though, it doesn't look like I'll be picking any of those up even though I haven't bought Bug's Life on Blu yet because the price is just too high. But if you think about it, the price of these Blu's regularly is $29.99, so really, $34.99 isn't bad. However, seeing as we're on CAG, we don't buy Blu's for $29.99 so yeah, $34.99 is a rip-off. We'll see if BB sells these separate. I wouldn't bank on getting any from eBay for less than $35.

More then likely these Steel books will be a limited run, like the FS ones. They will probably stay at the $35 price range sadly enough. It's a shame because I would love to have them because I have SW and UP but like everyone else, it's just too much to double dip. It would be nice if they sold just the cases.

[quote name='postulio']are there special features or something? whats the fascination? why are people paying 35$ for these? thats insane, the fact that they cost even more on ebay is even more insane. so why do you guys want these?

having said that, that bugs life box is pretty nifty =/[/QUOTE]

Curious about myself, what's the deal with these?

Yikes, $35 each and most likely it won't have any digital copy or dvd. I already have most of the movies and NBX is really the only one i am interested in.

bread's done
Back