CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got notice that my free game is backordered. Changed it to pick, only one is 30 mile radius. Waiting for pick confirm. Hope its there for real.

I think what I'm going to do, is get all 3 God of War sets with this deal. Because I'd much rather have them all in their separate cases than have the "Saga".. This is a good opportunity to do that without spending more than $40. It actually comes to around $33 with Gamer unlocked.

[quote name='nixmahn']Just got notice that my free game is backordered. Changed it to pick, only one is 30 mile radius. Waiting for pick confirm. Hope its there for real.[/QUOTE]

Did you change it by calling? I do not see that option online.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Did you change it by calling? I do not see that option online.[/QUOTE]

I called

Edit: On another note. Anyone ever online order Mario Kart 7 3DS and Super Mario 3D land for delivery and get it or should I be worried about another backorder email? Not a single copy anywhere for pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called CS and it looks like SW:FU2 is only available at one local store about ~30 min away from me and it's only one copy. But the lady told me they should be getting more copies in on 9-3. Enslaved didn't have an estimated date of when more copies would show up so that is still up the air.

I'm starting to think that Best Buy isn't just using their trade-in program to supply their pre-owned game sales. I'm almost leaning towards them buying bulk quantities of pre-owned games from other trade-in service (ie. the trade in service that TRU was using).

I'm going to hold out hope and expect Best Buy to be on top of getting these games ordered to fill their orders. They haven't failed me before and I'm really in no hurry for a game that will hang out in my backlog for a while.

My games are for 360 btw.

Well that was a crap CS call. Normally, I do not have issues but this lady was just short and unhelpful. I decided to do a local order since the 3 games I want are in stock. So I cancel God of War III (backordered) but then I called to get UC3 and Ico cancelled since it says it won't ship for 6-10 days. She tells me she cannot cancel it because it has been transmitted already for shipping. So I just ask then why is it going to take 6-10 days to ship if I have expedited shipping? I get a non-answer and then just silence. I then proceed to say I guess I will just have to return them which is followed by more silence. Finally, I am like I guess there is nothing you can do and she replies ok then have a nice night and hangs up. Even if there was nothing she could do her service tact was horrible.

Side note. When I cancelled GoWIII it was my free game. It credited me $15 so the total for UC and Ico was $19. Not sure what to do because if they ship then I only pay $9.50 a game. Anyone elese have this happen?

[quote name='nixmahn']I called

Edit: On another note. Anyone ever online order Mario Kart 7 3DS and Super Mario 3D land for delivery and get it or should I be worried about another backorder email? Not a single copy anywhere for pickup.[/QUOTE]

I too, ordered Super Mario 3D Land. According to the site it said 0-1 days to ship. It's already been 2 days and I have no updates (no backorder email); I think I'm SOL. This was my free game too.

[quote name='jedolley']Any opinion on getting Infamous, Infamous 2, and MGS4 for $32.xx (with B2G1 & unlocked)?[/QUOTE]
Man once you get down to 10 bucks a game like you are I say go for it. I liked Infamous 2. I got it because of PSN Plus and played it through and enjoyed.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I too, ordered Super Mario 3D Land. According to the site it said 0-1 days to ship. It's already been 2 days and I have no updates (no backorder email); I think I'm SOL. This was my free game too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah order the 2 Mario 3DS games (expedited shipping) and Wii New Super Mario Bro as free. As soon as I got the backorder email, I looked all over and I called to change for pickup (apparently the "New" in New super Mario Bros on the order slip confused them and they gave me a new sealed one when I picked it up). No email/updates yet on the 2 used I paid for. I'm worried.

edit: slip actually says "PO New Super Mario.......", PO for preowned

[quote name='jedolley']Any opinion on getting Infamous, Infamous 2, and MGS4 for $32.xx (with B2G1 & unlocked)?[/QUOTE]
You missed Infamous 2 during the blowout?

The 10% stacks with B2G1 like it does at GS right?

I signed up for Gamer's Club with the sub at 14.99 months ago and havne't gotten a new issue. What month issue are they on now? How do you change to Print?

[quote name='merchie89']i just want my dead space 2 that I ordered like 4 weeks ago!!![/QUOTE]

Uh oh, I should be worrying that my Rockband 3 that I ordered is on the same boat..... Never coming is it?

[quote name='nixmahn']Yeah order the 2 Mario 3DS games (expedited shipping) and Wii New Super Mario Bro as free. As soon as I got the backorder email, I looked all over and I called to change for pickup (apparently the "New" in New super Mario Bros on the order slip confused them and they gave me a new sealed one when I picked it up). No email/updates yet on the 2 used I paid for. I'm worried.

edit: slip actually says "PO New Super Mario.......", PO for preowned[/QUOTE]

My order of SM: 3D Land (and Tales of Abyss 3DS) just shipped a moment ago. Hopefully it's the same for you.

[quote name='cag1000']The 10% stacks with B2G1 like it does at GS right?

I signed up for Gamer's Club with the sub at 14.99 months ago and havne't gotten a new issue. What month issue are they on now? How do you change to Print?[/QUOTE]

check the @gamer thread.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/combo_entry.jsp?cds_page_id=86045&cds_mag_code=GMR&id=1346190127372&lsid=22411642073034955&vid=1

go to that link, use "forgot my password" and enter the email you used. credit goes to Kyden139

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I think what I'm going to do, is get all 3 God of War sets with this deal. Because I'd much rather have them all in their separate cases than have the "Saga".. This is a good opportunity to do that without spending more than $40. It actually comes to around $33 with Gamer unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I might do that myself, I was thinking about using my $40 in GS credit for the Saga. But I can save $7 this way.

BUT. I don't want to end up with the no box art/manuals either. Hmmmm...

So what are the chances of getting a game that is complete when ordering used from Best Buy? I'm thinking of getting in on the B2G1 deal but if there is zero chance of anything I order coming complete then I'm not sure I want to risk it. I know the website says they are cleaned and inspected and anything I've personally traded in has been complete, but I do worry.

[quote name='silkysmooth']So what are the chances of getting a game that is complete when ordering used from Best Buy? I'm thinking of getting in on the B2G1 deal but if there is zero chance of anything I order coming complete then I'm not sure I want to risk it. I know the website says they are cleaned and inspected and anything I've personally traded in has been complete, but I do worry.[/QUOTE]

I got Darksiders and it shipped sealed with the manual and original case and the disc had no scratches. If I didn't know any better I'd think that I got a new copy. Knock on wood I guess.

If you guys get games with no artwork, just take the game to GameStop in a generic case and tell them that when you bought the game, they didn't have the artwork and they told you you could come back when they had it. That's what I've done for all the games I've bought on Craigslist/gohastings that didn't come with artwork

[quote name='jayrooster']if you guys get games with no artwork, just take the game to gamestop in a generic case and tell them that when you bought the game, they didn't have the artwork and they told you you could come back when they had it. That's what i've done for all the games i've bought on craigslist/gohastings that didn't come with artwork[/quote]

gtfo.

Well I just got a shipping notice for my UC3 and Ico. Now I have to decide if I want to pick up my order from in store.

Anyone ever just call the store to cancel an in-store pick-up?

I decided to order anyway. I picked games I really want to play so if they don't have manual/case it isn't a huge deal because I'll hopefully still get the games and they won't be backordered. They really shouldn't be because none of them are really rare or old.

Here's hoping!

[quote name='ackbar7']No, what you advocated is fraud. You should gtfo.[/QUOTE]

Ok officer, I guess you should just throw the cuffs on me for the couple of empty game cases that I took from GameStop. Get a life puss boy

[quote name='JayRooster']You guys should just get a life other than hating on anonymous people on CAG[/QUOTE]

Sorry you stop being anonymous when you mention fraud in this forum And then expect the rest of us to look the other way

[quote name='animemaniac14']Sorry you stop being anonymous when you mention fraud in this forum And then expect the rest of us to look the other way[/QUOTE]

Lol so you get mad? I was unaware it was fraud since its just a case and they normally throw away any extra cases/games they don't end up selling. If anything, you could have told me nicely and I would have deleted my comment and moved on. After all I am a :newbie:

But in all honesty, sorry if my post offended anyone, I was just trying to help since other CAG's were complaining about not having their correct case/artwork

[quote name='JayRooster']Lol so you get mad? I was unaware it was fraud since its just a case and they normally throw away any extra cases/games they don't end up selling. If anything, you could have told me nicely and I would have deleted my comment and moved on. After all I am a :newbie:

But in all honesty, sorry if my post offended anyone, I was just trying to help since other CAG's were complaining about not having their correct case/artwork[/QUOTE]

Tis cool man. Some Words to live and speak by... disclaimers always keep those who assume the worst off your back. For instance...you coulda started your suggestion with " I know this is probably a fraud/frowned upon but..." and most people would have shrugged it off because you established you stopped to consider what some might assume from such a suggestion... just a matter of covering all your bases... which may or may not belong to us o_O

[quote name='animemaniac14']Tis cool man. Some Words to live and speak by... disclaimers always keep those who assume the worst off your back. For instance...you coulda started your suggestion with " I know this is probably a fraud/frowned upon but..." and most people would have shrugged it off because you established you stopped to consider what some might assume from such a suggestion... just a matter of covering all your bases... which may or may not belong to us o_O[/QUOTE]

he doesn't care about disclaimers. Just look at his posting history. Stirring shit up from day 1.

the idiot has already PMed me. :roll:

[quote name='animemaniac14']Tis cool man. Some Words to live and speak by... disclaimers always keep those who assume the worst off your back. For instance...you coulda started your suggestion with " I know this is probably a fraud/frowned upon but..." and most people would have shrugged it off because you established you stopped to consider what some might assume from such a suggestion... just a matter of covering all your bases... which may or may not belong to us o_O[/QUOTE]

I definately would have started my post off like that if I knew it was fraud at the time i was posting. Ive only done it 2 or 3 times so I didn't see any real harm done since they're only game cases but thank you for the info. I have a wholeee lot to learn and I really wasn't trying to be cocky, just angry that everybody was telling me to gtfo for trying to help.

[quote name='confoosious']he doesn't care about disclaimers. Just look at his posting history. Stirring shit up from day 1.

the idiot has already PMed me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Please point out where I've been stirring things besides me messing with IATCG for trolling me and other CAG's

And yes I PM'd you out of anger and I apologize for it. Just let me know next time I'm doing something wrong before telling me to gtfo.

[quote name='JayRooster']Please point out where I've been stirring things besides me messing with IATCG for trolling me and other CAG's
[/QUOTE]
When did IATCG troll you? You called him a "trololol" the first time, and called his post a "fail", told him "maybe next time buddy".

I am having trouble ordering anything from BB.com. Every time I click add to cart I get a red banner with an exclamation symbol on it. I tried like 10 different items(all in stock) and I get it. But when I log out of my account, I can add it to cart. Once I log back in it automatically cleans out my cart.

Any idea whats up?

[quote name='TooPoor']When did IATCG troll you? You called him a "trololol" the first time, and called his post a "fail", told him "maybe next time buddy".[/QUOTE]

I'm done with this convo

I really want to take advantage of this B2G1 but my store has crap for used selection.

I'm not big on ordering online either.

[quote name='cancerman1120']
Side note. When I cancelled GoWIII it was my free game. It credited me $15 so the total for UC and Ico was $19. Not sure what to do because if they ship then I only pay $9.50 a game. Anyone elese have this happen?[/QUOTE]

I just had this happen to me. I'm not sure what to do. My L4D2 is not in stock so it got cancelled, but it was one of the games that was charged. So Dark Souls and Halo Reach are $26.xx total. Any advice? Mine is an in store pick up if that matters

My stuff has shipped! DS RPG lineup is officially bolstered! I'm not too concerned about them coming complete because my primary goal was to be able to play the games. If they do come with box/manual it will be a huge bonus. But for $30 the 3 games I got I'm pretty happy.

[quote name='Geco17']I just had this happen to me. I'm not sure what to do. My L4D2 is not in stock so it got cancelled, but it was one of the games that was charged. So Dark Souls and Halo Reach are $26.xx total. Any advice? Mine is an in store pick up if that matters[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell it was a glitch and it processed just fine. I am not sure if store pick-up might cause the CS person to question the total but I would try anyway. I received both my games (U3 was complete and Ico was game only) and my gift card was only charged $18.91, which is the cost of one game $17.99 + tax. Cancelling one of the games that was backordered kept the free game free but erased the GCU discount from the other game. I still wanted God of War III so I ordered 3 more games for store pickup.

[quote name='cancerman1120']As far as I can tell it was a glitch and it processed just fine. I am not sure if store pick-up might cause the CS person to question the total but I would try anyway. I received both my games (U3 was complete and Ico was game only) and my gift card was only charged $18.91, which is the cost of one game $17.99 + tax. Cancelling one of the games that was backordered kept the free game free but erased the GCU discount from the other game. I still wanted God of War III so I ordered 3 more games for store pickup.[/QUOTE]

I tried it and it kept it. I wanted L4D2, but wasn't available for neither shipping nor instore. Couldn't cancel it either for some reason. Oh well. I'm going to look for 2 more games to bundle with Bully :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back