Bioshock Infinite Announced

I tried playing the first Bioshock, but I found it too disturbing. After reading the Game Informer coverage in this month's issue, I have to say I'm considering giving Bioshock Infinite a try. The girl and Him sound like a really interesting dynamic.

I'm not sure it is possible to watch that trailer and NOT plan a day one purchase. This will be first and ONLY time I would EVER consider advocating the inclusion of co-op in a single player experience like Bioshock.

God damn. How can you NOT get hype watching this shit? How!?

There were a couple of interesting moments:

1. After the Bell Crashes, as you are turning to continue on the street the banner has a weird effect that makes it look like it is materializing.

2. Saltonstall's Face is out of control when he first recognizes you.

3. When you enter the lounge/bar with the Bear in the foyer, the painting on the wall switches from a picture with a horse to a portrait of a man as the camera pans back and forth.

Might be nothing... might be something.

I honestly cannot imagine the amount of work scripting this game must entail.

That trailer seems almost too good to be true. If they can keep up quality like that, they could be going for game of the decade!

[quote name='faceturd']There were a couple of interesting moments:

1. After the Bell Crashes, as you are turning to continue on the street the banner has a weird effect that makes it look like it is materializing.

2. Saltonstall's Face is out of control when he first recognizes you.

3. When you enter the lounge/bar with the Bear in the foyer, the painting on the wall switches from a picture with a horse to a portrait of a man as the camera pans back and forth.

Might be nothing... might be something.[/QUOTE]
Wow, great observations. I did not notice the first and third things at all on my first viewing. Clearly something crazy is happening underneath the surface in Columbia. So much curiosity about what all that could possibly be.

Here's a YouTube embed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRcvMbl9RBc

Also, sounds like DeWitt's voice actor is the same guy who voiced Garrett in the Thief games. Awesome.

Nothing against Bioshock 2, but this is basically what I was hoping for in a Bioshock sequel just based on gameplay trailer alone.

damn with the game not coming out for a while and it looking this great then I honestly think this will be the best looking game graphically wise since EVER !

[quote name='Fjordson']Wow, great observations. I did not notice the first and third things at all on my first viewing. Clearly something crazy is happening underneath the surface in Columbia. So much curiosity about what all that could possibly be.[/QUOTE]

Something is up with that picture... like he is being watched. So mysteriously cool.

Wow. Just wanted to say how amazing that 10 minute gameplay was. Oh so good.

Oh, and does anyone else get the feeling that the game doesn't really take place in 1912? Parts of that video make it seem that you're in a simulator and the world glitches every now and then.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Oh, and does anyone else get the feeling that the game doesn't really take place in 1912? Parts of that video make it seem that you're in a simulator and the world glitches every now and then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that trailer definitely gave me an Assassin's Shock feeling. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was a simulation and the game is actually taking place back in our lovely underwater world of Rapture.

[quote name='Chronis']Yeah, that trailer definitely gave me an Assassin's Shock feeling. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was a simulation and the game is actually taking place back in our lovely underwater world of Rapture.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! And so will be the argument for the next 2 years. (Hopefully we get some story confirmation by then though :D )

I wouldn't go with it being a simulation...as you mentioned, Assassin's Creed already did it.

My guess is the Russian's are using Tonics or whatever to appear as American patriots in order to usurp Columbia.

There's definitely something up. In the Game Informer preview of the game, they do mention the objects that change and/or shimmer, and Levine said that there is definitely something going in Colombia that is more than meets the eye.

I did not notice the hammer and sickle (I'll have to look at the video again). But if that is true, we have an interesting point here. If the BioShock Infinite timeline follows one similar to our own (obviously unknown at this point and certainly possible that something like Colombia would have drastically changed the course of world history), the hammer and sickle did not appear until around 1917.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So those videos gave me a Bioshock itch... I skipped 2, will playing it scratch the itch or just make me angry?[/QUOTE]
I think it's definitely worth playing. The first game is one of my favourites of all time, so the sequel had a lot to live up to for me personally, but I still liked it a lot. Ignored it for a long time due to the lukewarm reception, but I finally got around to it a few weeks ago. Quality game. The story isn't as good and the sense of mystery is gone since you've already been through a lot of rapture. Also, the writing lacks that Ken Levine touch. I probably sound like a fanboy, but there's a certain quality to his stuff that I find really interesting. That "something" is lacking in BS 2 and the antagonist isn't nearly as interesting as Andrew Ryan. On the other hand the gameplay is actually improved upon, IMO. The dual wielding with plasmids in one hand and weapons in the other is a really nice change.

And the DLC for BS 2, Minerva's Den, is stellar. One of the best things I've played all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CouRageouS']So those videos gave me a Bioshock itch... I skipped 2, will playing it scratch the itch or just make me angry?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is good... I actually thought the story from start to finish was better than Bioshock. The REVEAL in Bioshock was phenomenal, but after that it was very lackluster. There are many uninspired, and repetitive moments in Bioshock 2, but it is worth playing.

Yeah, definitely play Bioshock 2. The story and atmosphere aren't as good/new/unique as Bioshock 1 was, but the gameplay is more refined. Only downside is the defend the little sisters while gathering adam sections. Those get tedious if you do them all like I did. Not all that hard, just tedious with needing to set up traps etc.

Also be sure to do the Minerva's Den DLC. Great expansion, better story than the main game, and a solid 5-6 hours for $10.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Only downside is the defend the little sisters while gathering adam sections. Those get tedious if you do them all like I did. Not all that hard, just tedious with needing to set up traps etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing those right now in Minerva's Den, which is great DLC. Its odd, because I like the whole "setting a trap" in the room, but they start to feel all the same and just get annoying. I wish they mixed them up a little somehow...

It'll probably give you a bad infection.

It's about f*cking time we got a concrete release date. This is my most anticipated game of the year. I'm thanking the man upstairs we dodged a Christmas release. Now if only they'd confirm multiplayer of some kind (that everyone else will certainly complain was trash/tacked on/ruined the single player experience and stole resources when another team made it).

No need for multiplayer. It's stupid to just throw multiplayer on a game for the hell of it. It obviously won't last more than 2-3 months or so. Bioshock 1 was just fine without it

I don't really care one way or the other with regards to multiplayer, I just want another Minerva's Den type add-on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember some contest to have your name put in as a character in Bioshock Infinite. Anyone know what ever came about that? Depending on what deal comes out at launch I may pick this up then or hold off for a price drop. Never did play much of 2 but I really did like the first one once I was able to get it to run on vista.

Some guy won it a while back and they used it for a store. Pretty dope. Here's the pic of the sign using his name:
paytonlaneeaster_finalasset.jpg

[quote name='klwillis45']Heads up fellow Amazon preorder-ers, you can now update your order to release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up changed over.:applause:
When do you think they will reveal a limited edition of the game?

bread's done
Back