Bioshock Infinite Announced

Just saw the new trailer. Wow. After such a long wait, I didn't know if this game could live up to expectations, but things are looking good.

They'll have it. When I made my preorder for the Ultimate Songbird Edition:

"Congratulations. Your pre-order qualifies for the Industrial Revolution puzzle game code."

[quote name='Rig']They'll have it. When I made my preorder for the Ultimate Songbird Edition:

"Congratulations. Your pre-order qualifies for the Industrial Revolution puzzle game code."[/QUOTE] Right, new orders will be fine.

But I've had mine on order since August 12, 2010. I don't really want to cancel/reorder since I have it for $3 off & no longer have Prime.

[quote name='klwillis45']Right, new orders will be fine.

But I've had mine on order since August 12, 2010. I don't really want to cancel/reorder since I have it for $3 off & no longer have Prime.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry for the confusion.

There's an FAQ here that says you may need to cancel and reorder...but, being Amazon, they'll likely help you out without resorting to that.

Official Boxart. Not what I was expecting at all. Having a burning American flag is a bit ballsy though.

picture.php

[quote name='cancerman1120']Official Boxart. Not what I was expecting at all. Having a burning American flag is a bit ballsy though.
[/QUOTE]

Who said it's the American flag? It's probably the Colombia flag.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I like the cover art. But it does have some amusing similarities to Uncharted 1. :)[/QUOTE]

He's holding a shotgun the same way. That's about it.

In other news, the typical CoD game and the typical MoH or BF game will all have soldiers on the cover.

Same thing.

[quote name='n00bie']He's holding a shotgun the same way. That's about it.

In other news, the typical CoD game and the typical MoH or BF game will all have soldiers on the cover.

Same thing.[/QUOTE]

Seriously.

Yea but for all the things they could of put on there they choose that? This isn't a war game where putting a soldier on the front makes sense. So no, it is not the same thing. It is a mirrored image of Uncharted. They could of done so much more. Not that it really matters.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Delayed AGAIN!

March 26th now but I won't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]
Now it comes out immediately after Gears Judgment, instead of being situated comfortably between Dead Space 3 and Gears. :cry:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Delayed AGAIN!

March 26th now but I won't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

Wow. ...This is getting fucking ridiculous Levine. What aren't you telling us? What catastrophe awaits us come launch, eh? Now I'm positive this game is sure to disappoint in an epic fashion one way or another.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Wow. ...This is getting fucking ridiculous Levine. What aren't you telling us? What catastrophe awaits us come launch, eh? Now I'm positive this game is sure to disappoint in an epic fashion one way or another.[/QUOTE]
The previews today all make the game sound pretty good. Of course, previews usually do.

I'm definitely worried about the game now, too. Usually delay after delay means something is definitely wrong (unless you're Nintendo). :/

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The previews today all make the game sound pretty good. Of course, previews usually do.[/QUOTE]

Indeed they do. Between the near constant delays (due to rumored scrapped multiplayer) and creative heads moving onto the next stage of their careers mid-development I'm skeptical this latest bit of news is anything positive. Why they suddenly feel confident enough to compete head on with Gears is beyond me.

At first I thought this was all Levine simply being a perfectionist, but now I'm convinced the guy got in over his head somehow and we'll have to deal with a bugged out plot hole ridden mess next year. Definitely glad I went with my gut withholding an early preorder. I doubt I can handle another third fail installment of another beloved IP.

I'm the lone gamer in the world that hasn't played Bioshock all the way through. At the time, I didn't play a lot of shooters and FPS' used to give me really bad motion sickness. After playing many more FPS' and fast moving games with shaky cams, it's not as bad. But, Infinite really hasn't been on my 'to-buy' list until now. Between the launch trailer, a preview at Kotaku, and an article about Levine on wired.com......I gotta get this. I'm really impressed by what I'm seeing and Kotaku's article gave me hope that even through all of the development turmoil, it's going to be something special.

Kotaku article:
http://kotaku.com/5966500/ive-playe...infinite-im-no-longer-worried-about-this-game

Wired article:
http://kotaku.com/5966500/ive-playe...infinite-im-no-longer-worried-about-this-game

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm the lone gamer in the world that hasn't played Bioshock all the way through. At the time, I didn't play a lot of shooters and FPS' used to give me really bad motion sickness. After playing many more FPS' and fast moving games with shaky cams, it's not as bad. But, Infinite really hasn't been on my 'to-buy' list until now. Between the launch trailer, a preview at Kotaku, and an article about Levine on wired.com......I gotta get this. I'm really impressed by what I'm seeing and Kotaku's article gave me hope that even through all of the development turmoil, it's going to be something special.

Kotaku article:

Wired article:
http://kotaku.com/5966500/ive-playe...infinite-im-no-longer-worried-about-this-game[/QUOTE]

D: would you kindly play Bioshock all the way through in this extra time before infinite.

+2 to the above stated. There's absolutely no excuse aside from a deep rooted fear of awesome for not finishing both games before delving into Infinite. None. There's nothing on the market to date that has properly replicated, outmatched or improved upon the remarkable atmosphere of Bioshock 1 in the slightest sense. It's truly a one of a kind experience.

That being said I'm still one of the few stubborn fans of BS2 MP who long for its return provided they actually plan to support it. The lack of actual balance in the gameplay combined with the obnoxious top 50 player base has temporarily killed my interest. If Crossbolting and lag issues were abolished I'd still be playing it today.

And don't forget Minerva's Den.

Protector Trials & multplayer will not be everyone's cup of tea but the MD DLC is must own.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']+2 to the above stated. There's absolutely no excuse aside from a deep rooted fear of awesome for not finishing both games before delving into Infinite. None. There's nothing on the market to date that has properly replicated, outmatched or improved upon the remarkable atmosphere of Bioshock 1 in the slightest sense. It's truly a one of a kind experience.

That being said I'm still one of the few stubborn fans of BS2 MP who long for its return provided they actually plan to support it. The lack of actual balance in the gameplay combined with the obnoxious top 50 player base has temporarily killed my interest. If Crossbolting and lag issues were abolished I'd still be playing it today.[/QUOTE]

...well singularity wasn't perfect but i loved it :whistle2:#

Very disappointed to hear about yet another delay for this game, but I still have faith it will be worth the wait when it finally releases.

I'm trying to look on the bright side; maybe it will have a big presence at PAX East now, and I'll come home with lots of Bioshock Infinite swag.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']+2 to the above stated. There's absolutely no excuse aside from a deep rooted fear of awesome for not finishing both games before delving into Infinite. None. There's nothing on the market to date that has properly replicated, outmatched or improved upon the remarkable atmosphere of Bioshock 1 in the slightest sense. It's truly a one of a kind experience.

That being said I'm still one of the few stubborn fans of BS2 MP who long for its return provided they actually plan to support it. The lack of actual balance in the gameplay combined with the obnoxious top 50 player base has temporarily killed my interest. If Crossbolting and lag issues were abolished I'd still be playing it today.[/QUOTE]

With you on everything, multiplayer included. Had such a weirdly good time playing that shit.

VGA footage was cool. The game looks great. Getting a little worried about the game play with the rail system. I can imagine this is a huge reason for the delays. Things seem to be very chaotic when you are on the rail and it seems like you can easily make the wrong move off of it by mistake. Still stoked for this game though.

[quote name='simosaurus']Okay, this is just too cool. Very nicely done.

http://youtu.be/V8FUZTNpfhc

I really hope this one is everything we hope it to be.[/QUOTE]

That was awesome. I'm not worried; I have complete faith that this game is going to be incredible.

bread's done
Back