Bioshock Infinite Announced

Totally spaced that I had the Industrial Revolution code emailed to me long ago from amazon. Finally redeemed it today :wall:

Can't wait for this to come out. Amazon sadly has no release date shipping for the songbird edition :cry:. Thankfully though my best friend is letting me play his copy until I get mine since he is still playing God of War Ascension. :)

With games like this, I avoid trailers, clips, and essentially any specific info. I can't wait to experience this game next week.

Hopefully Amazon gets my Songbird edition on release date, even though it seems scheduled for 2 Day delivery.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Totally spaced that I had the Industrial Revolution code emailed to me long ago from amazon. Finally redeemed it today :wall:

Can't wait for this to come out. Amazon sadly has no release date shipping for the songbird edition :cry:. Thankfully though my best friend is letting me play his copy until I get mine since he is still playing God of War Ascension. :)[/QUOTE]

Well technically Amazon doesn't have "release date shipping" anymore. I know with Prime, you select 2 day shipping and it arrives release day. I don't know about non-prime people.

Can someone tell me why I'd want the ultimate songbird edition over the premium? I have both preordered but I'm really not seeing the added 70 dollar value here.

Sorry I am sure this has been answered numerous times but I will ask anyway.

Can I pick this game up and play it as a stand alone title or will I be lost because I didn't play the first two games yet?

[quote name='ajh2298']
Can I pick this game up and play it as a stand alone title or will I be lost because I didn't play the first two games yet?[/QUOTE]

Barring some surprise twist, there's no story connection to the other BioShock games.

Any other reviews floating around other than IGN?

Where is everyone making their purchase, I opted to go with Best Buy since I have $45 in certificates to use

IGN has the only review out because of the embargo.

So according to Amazon CS, they won't get the premium editions early enough to ship them for release date arrival

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dennisb407']High reviews all across the board[/QUOTE]

Came to post this. Some very high scores so far. Excited for Wednesday (when I'll actually be able to play it). Was thinking about calling in to work tomorrow lol but I better not..

fuck yeah! 95+ across 20 reviews. Some dude gave it an 8 dragging it down. :) I have not been buying new games lately but I will gladly pay my $80 tomorrow for my limited edition.

Irrational Games did it again. I watched the Revision 3 review and wow. The amount of time they put in the world alone is incredible. Can't wait.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Irrational Games did it again. I watched the Revision 3 review and wow. The amount of time they put in the world alone is incredible. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]
That was quite a review. Sessler seemed really passionate about how great the game is. I was kind of surprised that he didn't just flat out call it the best game ever made at the end of the review.

Any differences between the PS3 and 360 version? I went with the 360 since I like the controller better, but I always want the "best" version, which is subjective.

[quote name='doubledown']Any differences between the PS3 and 360 version? I went with the 360 since I like the controller better, but I always want the "best" version, which is subjective.[/QUOTE]

Won't know until other sites do comparisons later in the week but the PS3 version has Bioshock 1 on the disc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like Amazon is prepping my songbird edition for shipping! :)[/QUOTE]

Mine's Shipping Soon as well. Really hope it doesn't take too long. I was presented with Two Day Shipping as the only release day promise. Hoping it holds up.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Mine's Shipping Soon as well. Really hope it doesn't take too long. I was presented with Two Day Shipping as the only release day promise. Hoping it holds up.[/QUOTE]

If you read the customer discussions on the bottom of the premium/song bird edition pages on Amazon, many people said they contacted Amazon about that, and Amazon said that they would not be getting their shipments in early enough to make release date shipping with the premium or song bird editions. I guess in theory if they got them this morning and already shipped out the 1 day shipping packages then maybe those people will get them, but I'm guessing people with 2 day shipping will get it Wednesday or Thursday. The normal editions of the game had shipping that would get the game to you by Tuesday if you noticed, but not the other two.

I had a premium edition on Amazon but I ended up canceling and ordering a songbird edition from Irrational games on Sunday. It shipped out a few minutes ago so I'll probably get it Wednesday.

[quote name='doubledown']Any differences between the PS3 and 360 version? I went with the 360 since I like the controller better, but I always want the "best" version, which is subjective.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen its pretty much PC > 360/PS3 for graphics but otherwise no difference has really been mentioned. I'm going with the 360 because of the controller and its just my preferred console

And Amazon has the songbird edition in stock again....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Apparently someone in the collectors edition thread is receiving their sb edition from Amazon tomorrow so there may be hope for you guys

Glad I stopped by GameStop today to pick up Batman:AC GOTY. I was planning on doing the buy the game, guide and season pass and get $20 off. I asked the guy if they had plenty of guides in stock and he said nope not with the deal. He checked and there were only a few left I guess. Maybe he was putting my on but I am pretty sure he was not since I started by saying I wanted to do the deal. It is not a bad deal. The guide (SE) is $21.99 but with a PUR card you get 20% off when you buy guides and game together so the guide is $17.59 + $19.99 for the Season Pass - $20 for the promo making the Season pass essentially $17.58. I got the Premium edition. Normally I am not big on collectibles but that keychain needs to be mine. The handyman game piece is also a little smaller than I expected. Might end up trying to sell the art book and lithograph to make back the $20.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Glad I stopped by GameStop today to pick up Batman:AC GOTY. I was planning on doing the buy the game, guide and season pass and get $20 off. I asked the guy if they had plenty of guides in stock and he said nope not with the deal. He checked and there were only a few left I guess. Maybe he was putting my on but I am pretty sure he was not since I started by saying I wanted to do the deal. It is not a bad deal. The guide (SE) is $21.99 but with a PUR card you get 20% off when you buy guides and game together so the guide is $17.59 + $19.99 for the Season Pass - $20 for the promo making the Season pass essentially $17.58. I got the Premium edition. Normally I am not big on collectibles but that keychain needs to be mine. The handyman game piece is also a little smaller than I expected. Might end up trying to sell the art book and lithograph to make back the $20.[/QUOTE]
why didn't you purchase the songbird editions? It seems you are a big fan of the series

[quote name='YBX87']why didn't you purchase the songbird editions? It seems you are a big fan of the series[/QUOTE]

I am definitely a fan but I have never been into collectibles much. The statue is pretty nice but I could not justify the extra $70 just for the statue. I am a pretty big cheap ass so even spending almost $100 is big for me. :lol:

I plan on doing the same for The Last of Us because the Survival Edition has a full size artbook for $20 more and I see value in that I guess.

Otherwise, I usually nickel and dime my way to cheap games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am definitely a fan but I have never been into collectibles much. The statue is pretty nice but I could not justify the extra $70 just for the statue. I am a pretty big cheap ass so even spending almost $100 is big for me. :lol:

I plan on doing the same for The Last of Us because the Survival Edition has a full size artbook for $20 more and I see value in that I guess.

Otherwise, I usually nickel and dime my way to cheap games.[/QUOTE]
I see, so you are more of the IATCG type of cag, then the Coofucious type of cag. lol

Just got back from my midnight at GS. There were about 50-60 people. In and out fast. Two things that were disappointing.

1. Since I pre-ordered so long ago I never received my Industrial Revolution code and it did not show up on my final receipt. GS employee said there was nothing really he could do since the register does those things automatically.

2. The $20 off for getting the game, guide and pass worked great but I only ended up with a free guide and nothing else off of the pass. I guess the $20 and the 20% discount only apply to the guide and since the SE guide was $21.99 it could only discount a max of $21.99. IF there was a LE guide available then it would have only cost $9.52 since it would have been 0.20 x $36.99-$20.

The funniest thing about the pick up was the guy in front of me was getting the PS3 copy of the new Army of Two. I forgot it was even releasing today.

^ Well I am staying away from that for sure.

Anyway I am paging through the guide right now. Even for a SE it is really nice. Anyway I just read about 1999 mode. Holy shit it does not mess around. I will spoiler tag it.

Respawns are dealt with by having to pay for them and it breakdowns as follows:
1. Easy $5
2. Medium $25
3. Hard $50
4. 1999 $100

The crazy thing is if you die in 1999 mode with less than $100 it is automatically game over. It goes to the title screen and you have to start over. This on top of enemies putting out 200% damage and Booker only giving 50%. Shield regen delay and regen time are also much slower.

Aim Assist and Navigation help is turned off

Sounds awesome but I will be doing that on a 2nd playthrough

[quote name='cancerman1120']^ Well I am staying away from that for sure.

Anyway I am paging through the guide right now. Even for a SE it is really nice. Anyway I just read about 1999 mode. Holy shit it does not mess around. I will spoiler tag it.

Respawns are dealt with by having to pay for them and it breakdowns as follows:
1. Easy $5
2. Medium $25
3. Hard $50
4. 1999 $100

The crazy thing is if you die in 1999 mode with less than $100 it is automatically game over. It goes to the title screen and you have to start over. This on top of enemies putting out 200% damage and Booker only giving 50%. Shield regen delay and regen time are also much slower.

Aim Assist and Navigation help is turned off

Sounds awesome but I will be doing that on a 2nd playthrough
[/QUOTE]
did you preorder it from both gamestop and bestbuy? or just gamestop?

[quote name='YBX87']did you preorder it from both gamestop and bestbuy? or just gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Just GS.

So I was reading over the Season Pass information and this bit caught my eye and gives me pause.

"All Season Pass content will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace by March 2014."

Ouch. Maybe they get it out earlier but with the games track record I might have a hard time holding onto the game for an entire year. I would like the bonuses the season pass gives especially when playing 1999 mode. It is not about whether I will eventually want the DLC but whether I should play the game until I am done and just wait out the DLC until all 3 are complete. I guess I could still buy the Season pass now for the add-ons and then play until I am ready to trade it in and then buy it again once the DLC is released.

So glad this game is scoring high. Me and others had doubt with people leaving through the project and all those delays. Plus the E3 showing wasn't exciting to me.

Look forward to playing this down the road.

Can you still play industrial revolution today to earn more unlocks, or is it too late? I see I have an email to claim my unlock code, but I only ever played the first few levels. Meant to do that last week but forgot.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So glad this game is scoring high. Me and others had doubt with people leaving through the project and all those delays. Plus the E3 showing wasn't exciting to me.

Look forward to playing this down the road.[/QUOTE]
I had doubts when they were offering a fuckton of stuff on the PC Preorders. I mean like Bioshock 1, XCOM, more free games, Credits, etc. Can't wait to head home and play it.

So I see the game has a $20 Season Pass? Does anyone know what kind of DLC they're planning? There's no multiplayer component right?

Hmm. I'm inclined to pick up the Pass since it has some bonus weapons and stat-increasing stuff, but it would be nice to at least know what the DLC is going to be. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just GS.

So I was reading over the Season Pass information and this bit caught my eye and gives me pause.

"All Season Pass content will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace by March 2014."

Ouch. Maybe they get it out earlier but with the games track record I might have a hard time holding onto the game for an entire year. I would like the bonuses the season pass gives especially when playing 1999 mode. It is not about whether I will eventually want the DLC but whether I should play the game until I am done and just wait out the DLC until all 3 are complete. I guess I could still buy the Season pass now for the add-ons and then play until I am ready to trade it in and then buy it again once the DLC is released.[/QUOTE]

Hey cancerman I was in the same boat as you with the Industrial Revolution dlc code. I Never got one when I picked mine up this morning but I called customer support and after a bit of explaining I got them to get me a code from their main center. So I'd suggest giving them a call.

[quote name='n00bie']No multiplayer. Correct.[/QUOTE]

A damn travesty in my opinion when the gun play so far has been super smooth.

[quote name='bill123']Hey cancerman I was in the same boat as you with the Industrial Revolution dlc code. I Never got one when I picked mine up this morning but I called customer support and after a bit of explaining I got them to get me a code from their main center. So I'd suggest giving them a call.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks. I sent an email to CS last night. I will wait a day and if I hear nothing back I will give them a call tomorrow. I normally care less about DLC extras but I really want to try 1999 mode after my first playthrough so any stocking up of free gear should help.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']A damn travesty in my opinion when the gun play so far has been super smooth.[/QUOTE]

Really? I did enjoy the MP from part two but I can live without it.

[quote name='n00bie']Really? I did enjoy the MP from part two but I can live without it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I just hope they plan to revisit and properly support it at some point in the future because I honestly miss it. Infinite feels like a much more appropriate game for such an endeavor compared to Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ditto. I just hope they plan to revisit and properly support it at some point in the future because I honestly miss it. Infinite feels like a much more appropriate game for such an endeavor compared to Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

Until someone uses a glitch where they can kill you while floating 500 feet in the air above you ;)

bread's done
Back