Bioshock Infinite Announced

Next two days are going to suck for me. No Bioshock Infinite :lol:. I mean yeah I will be with my GF, but dear god I can't stop wanting to play this. I am so engrossed in the world. About 5 hours in now, but I am holding off till next chance I get to play. Hopefully I get some chance on Sunday but I wont get the time I wanted to man through the game because of fucking Easter.

[quote name='Spybreak8']This is an incredibly insightful article, I missed a few things but it also reassures others I had experienced and discovered myself. Warning spoilers in the link. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...shock-infinites-brilliant-and-bizarre-ending/

:applause:[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I Literally read that after I finished the game and it helped me better put things into perspective. Overall I liked it alot, like really liked it. The ending was just so out of left field, I already had many different scenarios of how the game may end, but never to the extent that this game brought.

Now I'm even more curious what the DLC coming out will be. I Hope it isn't just challenge rooms or whatever since I still there's still a ton of questions.

Just finished and I'm not sure I really liked the ending. A bit of a stretch and not really satisfying at all and seems like there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Overall, I definitely like the fist Bioshock better than this game. Big Daddies are cooler than Handymen, Little Sisters cooler than Elizabeth, Andrew Ryan a MUCH better vilian than Comstock and the plasmids were more useful and fun to use than the vigours. Though killing people with crows may be cooler than killing them with bees.

First 2 or 3 hours I was in love with this game but it wore thin for me before the end.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Just finished and I'm not sure I really liked the ending. A bit of a stretch and not really satisfying at all and seems like there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Overall, I definitely like the fist Bioshock better than this game. Big Daddies are cooler than Handymen, Little Sisters cooler than Elizabeth, Andrew Ryan a MUCH better vilian than Comstock and the plasmids were more useful and fun to use than the vigours. Though killing people with crows may be cooler than killing them with bees.

First 2 or 3 hours I was in love with this game but it wore thin for me before the end.[/QUOTE]
Could not disagree more with the bolded. Little Sisters barely did anything to hold my attention until the second game and Andrew Ryan didn't ever feel like a villain to me in Bioshock, so I gotta say that Comstock came out on top. And plasmids were more useful than vigors? You must've been playing a totally different game, because I found them incredibly useful and unlike Bioshock I actually found myself using all of the vigors instead of sticking to a couple.

All of that said, anyone else feel like
Elizabeth was an alternate reality version of Eleanor Lamb and Booker was an alt version of Delta?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Bioshock 2 might have been made by a different studio, but the game does a great job of grabbing you from the start. The second half stinks, but the first couple of hours are fantastic. Minerva's Den is also amazing.

I have picked up 25 percent of the audio logs, watched 9 or 10 viewfinders, and gone in just about every store. I know 3 things and none of them are interesting. I know
That I have debt to repay, Elizabeth can tear open the sky, and Comstock is the prophet and I am the false prophet.

Also the audiologs aren't all that interesting. My character has no connection with any of these people or anything going on in this world, so why would I care what these people have to say.

Edit: You need to play Crysis or TR if you think this game looks good. This game looks decidedly average. Facial animations, character models, and the world in general look okay, but there is nothing all that exciting in the game graphics wise. The style is nice, but that is it.[/QUOTE]

i hate crysis why would i play it. crysis 3 was awful from what i played on pc at a friends house it's just another lame ea money maker.

[quote name='Javery']I just saw this game running on a PS3 next to God of War: Ascension and it really looked bad in comparison. I may have to wait and play this on PC or the eventual PS4 port like the snob I am. It looked like a TON of fun though.[/QUOTE]

this game is not met to have amazing grapchis games like tomb raider or bf3. bioshock is all about the art style and what not. might i add i doudt this game will be on next gen systems

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://steamcommunity.com/id/Castle_Rybread/screenshots/

I took a couple of screenshots of the game. That is taken with settings on Ultra at 1440p. The game doesn't look bad. It just lacks the visual punch of a lot of newer games.[/QUOTE]

graphics don't make a game. i will take the decent looking graphics and the amazing gameplay this game has over games with amazing graphics and garbage gameplay.
Shame on you for thinking graphics make a game

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
All of that said, anyone else feel like
Elizabeth was an alternate reality version of Eleanor Lamb and Booker was an alt version of Delta?
[/QUOTE]
I First read that as "that's the dumbest theory ever" then I immediatly went to "HOLY SHIT! THAT MAKES SOME SENSE!" It cements alot more of the writing in the game with something like that.

Just beat the game... what a mindshaq. Holy cow.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']All of that said, anyone else feel like
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was one of the first places my mind went.
Each game centers on a father-child relationship with the player character as one of the pair. Andrew-Jack; Delta-Eleanor; Booker-Elizabeth.

I wonder if the next BioShock will be a totally different story with the same lighthouse/city/father pattern. Honestly I really just want a BioShock 3 that continues the Rapture storyline with Eleanor going to the surface world and wrecking shop. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']I First read that as "that's the dumbest theory ever" then I immediatly went to "HOLY SHIT! THAT MAKES SOME SENSE!" It cements alot more of the writing in the game with something like that.[/QUOTE]
I'm very glad someone else saw that it could happen. :D

[quote name='bardockkun']The biggest downer of this game?
Elizabeth never got to go to Paris.
[/QUOTE]
Buuuuuut
there is another universe out there where she did.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm very glad someone else saw that it could happen. :D[/QUOTE]
It literally took me awhile to break it down in my head of the themes that this and the Rapture Bioshock games had in common. I Just feel stupid that I didn't realize it myself. Afterwards only noise in my head was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaxPEnyhvc
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Buuuuuut
[/QUOTE]
Goddamn that better be DLC in the season pass. YOU HEAR THAT LEVINE!? GIVE ME ELIZABETH'S FANCY PARIS ADVENTURE DLC WHERE SHE TRIES ON DRESSES AND DIFFERENT HAIRCUTS AND I'LL TOTALLY GIVE YOU MY SPACE DOLLARS!

Though I also want to be sure the goddamn season pass isn't challenge rooms bullshit before I start my hard playthrough since I want some of that season pass perks in that playthrough whenever I get around to it.

[quote name='bardockkun']It literally took me awhile to break it down in my head of the themes that this and the Rapture Bioshock games had in common. I Just feel stupid that I didn't realize it myself. Afterwards only noise in my head was...

Goddamn that better be DLC in the season pass. YOU HEAR THAT LEVINE!? GIVE ME ELIZABETH'S FANCY PARIS ADVENTURE DLC WHERE SHE TRIES ON DRESSES AND DIFFERENT HAIRCUTS AND I'LL TOTALLY GIVE YOU MY SPACE DOLLARS!

Though I also want to be sure the goddamn season pass isn't challenge rooms bullshit before I start my hard playthrough since I want some of that season pass perks in that playthrough whenever I get around to it.[/QUOTE]
I'm right there with you. The only reason I'm holding back on buying the season pass is because I don't want to be paying for challenge rooms or anything that isn't story related.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Buuuuuut
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's true. I thought the many Elizabeths from different universes killed Booker at the time of his possibly transformation so that Comstock could NEVER exist. If that's the case, then all the universes where Booker has Elizabeth also could NEVER exist, that's why she disappears at the end of the game. I get their theory of infinite multiverses, but if Comstock is alive in infinity -1 universes why bother killing Booker?

[quote name='bardockkun']It literally took me awhile to break it down in my head of the themes that this and the Rapture Bioshock games had in common. I Just feel stupid that I didn't realize it myself. Afterwards only noise in my head was...
[/QUOTE]

Yup, you were too busy fighting in the beautiful world and caught up in the story to notice. Just like many movies, when you step away and think about things you then go wait what?

The only thing I didn't like about the story was
Daisy Fitzroy suddenly becoming a villain. I understood the point that she ended up being more concerned with revenge and playing hero than actually helping the poor, but it just seemed really sudden and was kind of a "tell not show" thing. Elizabeth kept remarking that "I guess Daisy is no better than Comstock after all" but the game hadn't really demonstrated anything to back that up.

Also I had a chuckle at a review that complained that there was no reason for vigors to exist in this world.
The sarcastic answer is "Because it's a BioShock game." But the literal, in-canon answer also ended up being "Because it's a BioShock game." :lol:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Just finished and I'm not sure I really liked the ending. A bit of a stretch and not really satisfying at all and seems like there are a lot of unanswered questions.

First 2 or 3 hours I was in love with this game but it wore thin for me before the end.[/QUOTE]
Bioshock to Bioshock Inf, kind of reminds me of the hangover to hangover two where they took the plot of the first movie and simply plugged in new setting and characters, but it the end it was shallow and unsatisfying.

I liked Elizabeth better than the little sister's though trying to you make you bond with her by her constantly giving you things is less effective than having her interact with you and the environment more.

This game seems much more action oriented than the first game, very linear, no inventory,

The ending was rather derivative, forced and too heavily for shadowed. If you
played the first bio shock you can see it coming a mile away. What's especially disappointing is the relied on the cliche scy-fy dues ex machina of time travel and alternate realities to wrap everything up and they did it poorly, not resolving any of the time paradoxes it creates. It also bashes you over the head repeatedly pointing out the few subtle clever clues they had in they game
I feel like the ending of this game was geared towards madden players or people like cheepyD.

Buuuuuut
[/QUOTE]
Actually
I believe Elizabeth said that that in every universe booker either becomes comstock or goes to Columbia to rescue her and then winds up dead or going to lighthouse land. Of course with infitine possible universes there only being two possible versions of booker is bullshit and part of the problem with the ham fisted ending

[quote name='itachiitachi']Bioshock to Bioshock Inf, kind of reminds me of the hangover to hangover two where they took the plot of the first movie and simply plugged in new setting and characters, but it the end it was shallow and unsatisfying.
[/QUOTE]

Um I have to strongly disagree with that notion. One, don't compare movie sequels to video game sequels as that's like day and night - quite a disservice to game developers as well (which look at what didn't work and rectify it opposed to how Hollywood looks at what worked) - and two, why would they vastly change the design of the game if the first Bioshock was revered and was plenty successful.

Oh my funniest loot experience was finding a sandwich, pineapple and other assorted food inside two packs of Marlboros.

[quote name='itachiitachi'] Actually
I believe Elizabeth said that that in every universe booker either becomes comstock or goes to Columbia to rescue her and then winds up dead or going to lighthouse land. Of course with infitine possible universes there only being two possible versions of booker is bullshit and part of the problem with the ham fisted ending
[/QUOTE]
I think the idea is that
there are "clusters" of alternate universes around certain events that are inevitable in all realities. Booker's baptism is one of those, and by his drowning at that event, both branches (where he either becomes Comstock or has the child Anna) are completely eliminated, meaning Columbia and Elizabeth will never exist in any reality.

It might also be that there aren't an infinite number of realities until someone with the power to tear (Elizabeth or the Luteces) observes, and in doing so creates, the alternate reality. A particular person's consciousness and memories seem to be shared across alternate realities, so if there really were infinite realities, everyone's brain would be overwhelmed by competing memories the way the dead people were when Elizabeth created tears.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']
I'm not sure that's true. I thought the many Elizabeths from different universes killed Booker at the time of his possibly transformation so that Comstock could NEVER exist. If that's the case, then all the universes where Booker has Elizabeth also could NEVER exist, that's why she disappears at the end of the game. I get their theory of infinite multiverses, but if Comstock is alive in infinity -1 universes why bother killing Booker?
[/QUOTE]
Actually...
The only way they could have made any of that never happen would be able to kill the Earth-Prime version of Booker. The Booker that every other Booker stems from which would (as long as it works like other multiversal properties) completely wipe Booker from all timelines, but since they didn't do that (because we see another Booker in the post credit sequence and there's still a single Elizabeth left after drowning him) that means that they somehow picked the exact perfect moment to wipe him out so it just undid all of the realities where Booker became Comstock/sold Anna. So there's still a completely real possibility that the final Booker (Booker Prime) could be alive (where other Booker died at his Baptism) to raise Elizabeth and someday take her to Paris. It has a total snowball's chance in hell of a possibility of happening, but hey, that's what alternate realities are all about.

[quote name='ajh2298']Are used copies of this safe to buy? No codes or anything I would need for anything right?[/QUOTE]
Yep, you won't miss anything by buying used.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think the idea is that
there are "clusters" of alternate universes around certain events that are inevitable in all realities. Booker's baptism is one of those, and by his drowning at that event, both branches (where he either becomes Comstock or has the child Anna) are completely eliminated, meaning Columbia and Elizabeth will never exist in any reality.

It might also be that there aren't an infinite number of realities until someone with the power to tear (Elizabeth or the Luteces) observes, and in doing so creates, the alternate reality. A particular person's consciousness and memories seem to be shared across alternate realities, so if there really were infinite realities, everyone's brain would be overwhelmed by competing memories the way the dead people were when Elizabeth created tears.
[/QUOTE]

The thing that wracks my brain...
If the infinite realities don't exist until someone who can tear exists, how did two Luteces exist? They were able to communicate via the state of a single particle, and (as I understand it) are the start of all this tearing business to begin with. I suppose the timeline knew one would create a tear in the past and thus cause the other to exist, but then stuff just gets all wibbly-wobbly. Would going back in time and killing the Lutece's mom have stopped all this stuff from happening? Comstock never becomes sterile, never gets a floating city, never gets technological superiority...him existing becomes not a problem at all.

For the explanation of why stuff happened...i'm sticking with the notion of probability. At the baptism, there was a 50% chance a Comstock branch is created. Them's not good odds. By killing Dewitt at that branch, the likelihood of Comstock existing is reduced to near Zero (since, in theory, there's a set of other circumstances that could end up at the same place). If the baptism itself was a branch from another line, that means whatever transpired down the other line could've happened, and so on, and so on. Were there a timeline where Booker doesn't even show up to the baptism, it (and all of it's branches) would continue to exist.

[quote name='Salamando3000']The thing that wracks my brain...
If the infinite realities don't exist until someone who can tear exists, how did two Luteces exist? They were able to communicate via the state of a single particle, and (as I understand it) are the start of all this tearing business to begin with. I suppose the timeline knew one would create a tear in the past and thus cause the other to exist, but then stuff just gets all wibbly-wobbly. Would going back in time and killing the Lutece's mom have stopped all this stuff from happening? Comstock never becomes sterile, never gets a floating city, never gets technological superiority...him existing becomes not a problem at all.

For the explanation of why stuff happened...i'm sticking with the notion of probability. At the baptism, there was a 50% chance a Comstock branch is created. Them's not good odds. By killing Dewitt at that branch, the likelihood of Comstock existing is reduced to near Zero (since, in theory, there's a set of other circumstances that could end up at the same place). If the baptism itself was a branch from another line, that means whatever transpired down the other line could've happened, and so on, and so on. Were there a timeline where Booker doesn't even show up to the baptism, it (and all of it's branches) would continue to exist.
[/QUOTE]
I actually was thinking of the same thing about the Luteces, but I have a theory about that. They never really died because of their extensive experiments and likely exposure to the tears and as such have become unhinged from time and space allowing their free-float through the entire time line and the multiverse (something which I think may have happened to the final Elizabeth left at the end of the game). So the Luteces are basically god-figures and are untouchable in all timelines.

I actually was thinking of the same thing about the Luteces, but I have a theory about that. They never really died because of their extensive experiments and likely exposure to the tears and as such have become unhinged from time and space allowing their free-float through the entire time line and the multiverse (something which I think may have happened to the final Elizabeth left at the end of the game). So the Luteces are basically god-figures and are untouchable in all timelines.
[/QUOTE]

Kinda wish there was a way for this conversation to go without it devolving into a bunch of spoiler tags...
Their "death" asked more questions than it answered. We know they died. A photographer was capable of photographing their corpses. So exactly who/what was Dewitt talking to? Did their souls somehow escape at death, and they're capable of reconstructing themselves? Did they set some system up so that should they die, a rift would replace them with a dummy moments before death? The forms we saw didn't show any evidence of being dead, so it's unlikely that's the bodies they died in...

And then, if their god-hood was caused by being in close proximity to tears and such...why did the proximity to tears have such varied side effects...they get god-hood, Comstock gets cancer, sterilization, and rapid-aging, and elizabeth gets omnipotence...

In regards to the twins...

Their exposure to all the tears and parallel worlds basically put them in a place in between life and death after Comstock had killed them. Kind of like a more advanced form of those soldiers who came back to life after you go through the first tear.

Wow what a great game. I definitely saw
Elizabeth being Booker's daughter but not Booker being Comstock
. I think the Songbird was really cool, I wish Booker would have gotten to fight it. Definitely one of the best games I've played in a long time.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Kinda wish there was a way for this conversation to go without it devolving into a bunch of spoiler tags...
Their "death" asked more questions than it answered. We know they died. A photographer was capable of photographing their corpses. So exactly who/what was Dewitt talking to? Did their souls somehow escape at death, and they're capable of reconstructing themselves? Did they set some system up so that should they die, a rift would replace them with a dummy moments before death? The forms we saw didn't show any evidence of being dead, so it's unlikely that's the bodies they died in...

And then, if their god-hood was caused by being in close proximity to tears and such...why did the proximity to tears have such varied side effects...they get god-hood, Comstock gets cancer, sterilization, and rapid-aging, and elizabeth gets omnipotence...
[/QUOTE]

There's an audio diary that explains this.
It is said that they are not dead, even though everyone thinks they are.

Also thanks for the guides, I found the first chest the other day, didn't see that 2nd one. I'm amazed at all the things I missed in this game (items/rooms/theories)!

I feel better now that there are others not screaming that this game is a 10. I liked the game a little more as time went on, but I don't think it deserves the praise it is getting.

Thinking about trying out 1999 mode, but I don't know if I want to put myself through that (just finished the game on hard).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Um I have to strongly disagree with that notion. One, don't compare movie sequels to video game sequels as that's like day and night - quite a disservice to game developers as well (which look at what didn't work and rectify it opposed to how Hollywood looks at what worked) .
[/QUOTE]
You can say it's a disservice to compare a movie to a video game but when they both take the same story is pretty much the same they just changed the setting, and combined some characters into other characters.
[quote name='Spybreak8']
why would they vastly change the design of the game if the first Bioshock was revered and was plenty successful.
[/QUOTE]
You mean like how Bioshock 1 was a super-linear game with only one way to solve a problem, with few boss fights, no inventory,upgrades that where just handed to you and adams that where only used for attacking?
Ohhhhh wait.

Most squeals keep/iterate the game play and change the story.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think the idea is that
[/QUOTE]
Well that
still means there is no universe were Elizabeth gets to go to Paris, doesn't deal with booker becoming Comstock through a diffrent spiritual awakening, it still leaves you with a time travelers paradox.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
[/QUOTE]
Actually I think that
there are already an infinite number of universes(there would have to be multiple universes for Elizabeth to be kidnapped in the first place) it just that when Elizabeth collapsed two universes together. It is probably just a plot device that they came up with after the fact to explain bookers altered memories.

Also note. that wave function collapse is something that happens when a system is interacted with not something the necessitates a consciousness to achieve

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually...
The only way they could have made any of that never happen would be able to kill the Earth-Prime version of Booker. The Booker that every other Booker stems from which would (as long as it works like other multiversal properties) completely wipe Booker from all timelines, but since they didn't do that (because we see another Booker in the post credit sequence and there's still a single Elizabeth left after drowning him) that means that they somehow picked the exact perfect moment to wipe him out so it just undid all of the realities where Booker became Comstock/sold Anna. So there's still a completely real possibility that the final Booker (Booker Prime) could be alive (where other Booker died at his Baptism) to raise Elizabeth and someday take her to Paris. It has a total snowball's chance in hell of a possibility of happening, but hey, that's what alternate realities are all about.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure I'd call that girl Elizabeth anymore. 1. because her name would now be Anna. But 2. mostly because the girl we want to take to Paris is the girl who was trapped in that tower and wanted nothing more than to see the city of lights. That Elizabeth will never get to see Paris in any universe.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Kinda wish there was a way for this conversation to go without it devolving into a bunch of spoiler tags...

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bardockkun']In regards to the twins...

Their exposure to all the tears and parallel worlds basically put them in a place in between life and death after Comstock had killed them. Kind of like a more advanced form of those soldiers who came back to life after you go through the first tear.
[/QUOTE]
I actually look at the twins kind of like they're Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen. Feels fitting that they're so godlike. As for the varied side effects, I like to think it's just one of those one in a million things like getting bombarded with cosmic radiation couuuuuld give you super powers, but most likely you'll get cancer.

[quote name='Spybreak8']There's an audio diary that explains this.
Also thanks for the guides, I found the first chest the other day, didn't see that 2nd one. I'm amazed at all the things I missed in this game (items/rooms/theories)![/QUOTE]

But they were quite dead, they just kind of stopped being dead because they were bored of it.

[quote name='itachiitachi']
I'm not sure I'd call that girl Elizabeth anymore. 1. because her name would now be Anna. But 2. mostly because the girl we want to take to Paris is the girl who was trapped in that tower and wanted nothing more than to see the city of lights. That Elizabeth will never get to see Paris in any universe.
[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, her name is still Anna, but she is still Elizabeth too since we saw our main Elizabeth not disappear in the ending. I'm sure she was somehow drawn to Paris in a way that she's hooked to it in all universes so it's a constant no matter where she lives/lived. Another thing which makes me think that a Booker/Elizabeth still exists is the woman mistaking her for Anna early on in the game. She was probably in the process of having new memories made for her which caused her to mistake Elizabeth for Anna.

[quote name='Spybreak8']There's an audio diary that explains this.

Also thanks for the guides, I found the first chest the other day, didn't see that 2nd one. I'm amazed at all the things I missed in this game (items/rooms/theories)![/QUOTE]

Indeed...
But they died enough that they left behind corpses that the photographer took photos of. Whenever we talk to them, are we talking to their "reanimated" corpses, or something else entirely? Is this one of those instances where their death only has a certain probability of occurring, so the ones we meet are actually from a branch where their assassination failed?

Anytime you start dealing with multiple timelines and realities, stuff gets confusing fast, especially when the rules for what happens are never clearly stated and lets people assume/guess.

For the actual gameplay itself, I enjoyed it immensely. Running into battle with a Crowstorm to slow 'em down, a Carbine with the +50% on Crit equipment to kill'em quick, and the "Excessive damage generates an electric shock" equipment allowed small packs of enemies to die fast. Never got old. Escorting someone who was a help rather than a hindrance was refreshing. Certain enemies had enough power to them that they instilled genuine "oh shit"-itude whenever their appearance was announced. Allowing time to soak in the atmosphere every now and again kept a nice flow of build up, peak excitement and slow back down.

Only real complaint: I miss seeing my guns upgrades.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Indeed...
But they died enough that they left behind corpses that the photographer took photos of. Whenever we talk to them, are we talking to their "reanimated" corpses, or something else entirely? Is this one of those instances where their death only has a certain probability of occurring, so the ones we meet are actually from a branch where their assassination failed?

Anytime you start dealing with multiple timelines and realities, stuff gets confusing fast, especially when the rules for what happens are never clearly stated and lets people assume/guess.
[/QUOTE]

I think the Luteces just became unmoored from any single dimension or reality. So there's no contradiction in them being dead and alive at the same time, or in multiple places and/or times at once.

I really like how the game dropped a lot of information on you at the end, but still left a lot of open questions. It's good for there to be some mystery.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
I think the Luteces just became unmoored from any single dimension or reality. So there's no contradiction in them being dead and alive at the same time, or in multiple places and/or times at once.

I really like how the game dropped a lot of information on you at the end, but still left a lot of open questions. It's good for there to be some mystery.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...
So they somehow turned themselves into a bunch of, for lack of a better word, quantum bodies, capable of existing in both alive and dead states simultaneously, either by accident or on purpose...I say on purpose, because with the tears and whatnot, they could've easily found out that Fink was plotting to kill them. I'll buy that.

Also kind of interesting to think that, given infinite universes, there's an infinite number of Letuces out there, all unbound from things like life and death.

Only thing that doesn't sit well with me now is the entire memory transference thing. Player-Booker can absorb Vox-Martyr-Booker's memories but not Comstock-Booker's memories?

One last theory: When you die and Elizabeth's not around, you respawn back in Booker's office. Anyone else take that to mean the Letuces's are bringing in another Booker from a different universe, who then acquires now-dead-Booker's memories?

I've been busy lately and haven't had a chance to play this as much as I want. Right now i'm at

I killed Slate and got the Shock Jockey vigor

Loving this game.

The whole time I was hoping for a love relationship between booker and anna and then the ending happened...awkward... Loved the revisit to bioshock 1

[quote name='Salamando3000']Hmmm...
One last theory: When you die and Elizabeth's not around, you respawn back in Booker's office. Anyone else take that to mean the Letuces's are bringing in another Booker from a different universe, who then acquires now-dead-Booker's memories?
[/QUOTE]
I take the ending to mean that's the Booker from the Prime universe that every other universe diverges from and he was somehow able to remember everything that happened. Being brought into the same universe would just mean that he'd be stuck in the same tough situation that Booker had been stuck in, so the only way the outcome could be really hope to be different would be if it happens in another universe. Then again, if it WAS the Luteces' doing then it could all be a part of a giant game to see the different outcomes every time. Makes sense since they were recording the different events that occurred throughout the game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I feel better now that there are others not screaming that this game is a 10. I liked the game a little more as time went on, but I don't think it deserves the praise it is getting.

[/QUOTE]

So far I'm right there with you. It's hardly mind blowing like nearly every second of Bioshock was. Sometimes, it feels like the game should be called "Bioshock Infinite: Press X to search"

And to those who will protest... Yes, I'm playing it "right" and you shouldn't have to play a game one way to get the full effect.

edit: Already had a few bugs which forced me to restart.

But they were quite dead, they just kind of stopped being dead because they were bored of it.
[/QUOTE]
I Always feel when you have to reply to someone's spoiler it's almost like a "Who's That Pokemon" scenario when it's everyone discussing a game like this...

I Thought they can't technically die since they've dabbled in so many universes and became such an intricate part in helping Comstock be able to see all outcomes that they've become like an intricate part in all universe. Meaning there's only one of them, but those are the only ones in all universes and they can't die since they'll continue to exist in another. If this at all makes sense.

Just got my last achievement, woooooo.

Now I just need to find help with farming the last three multiplayer achievements that I need from BioShock 2. Love to have the trilogy cleared out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is the bonus pack of gear, weapons, and upgrade potions worth the risk of the season pass not being that great?[/QUOTE]
The best thing about it is starting off with five free Infusions. [These also count toward the achievement for collecting all Infusions in the campaign so you can miss up to five 'real' ones and still get the achievement.] You get a free built-in damage upgrade for the pistol and machine gun, plus they take on a gold skin which is pretty slick. I don't recall any of the gear pieces being particularly amazing but it's nice to start out fully kitted.

I took the gamble based on the press release mentioning new story content. (Don't be challenge rooms. Don't be challenge rooms. Don't be challenge rooms.)

[quote name='bardockkun']I Always feel when you have to reply to someone's spoiler it's almost like a "Who's That Pokemon" scenario when it's everyone discussing a game like this...

I Thought they can't technically die since they've dabbled in so many universes and became such an intricate part in helping Comstock be able to see all outcomes that they've become like an intricate part in all universe. Meaning there's only one of them, but those are the only ones in all universes and they can't die since they'll continue to exist in another. If this at all makes sense.
[/QUOTE]

Went through youtube and listened to the Voxophones I missed...
Lady Lutece stated that Comstock tampered with their device and scattered them to "the possibility space". Sounds like the Dr. Manhattan analogy earlier was more apt than not. It wasn't just their exposure to these tears that rendered them near-gods, but an accident inside the machine responsible for those tears.

But still, there almost has to be multiple sets of them. In-game, there's at least, what, seven Elizabeth's/Anna's (six at end-game, and then old one), which implies seven Columbia's, each having to have been set aloft by quantum particles. Given their regret that the Elizabeth from their timeline would bathe the world in fire, I doubt they'd double back and set all other Columbias in motion.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Went through youtube and listened to the Voxophones I missed...
Lady Lutece stated that Comstock tampered with their device and scattered them to "the possibility space". Sounds like the Dr. Manhattan analogy earlier was more apt than not. It wasn't just their exposure to these tears that rendered them near-gods, but an accident inside the machine responsible for those tears.

But still, there almost has to be multiple sets of them. In-game, there's at least, what, seven Elizabeth's/Anna's (six at end-game, and then old one), which implies seven Columbia's, each having to have been set aloft by quantum particles. Given their regret that the Elizabeth from their timeline would bathe the world in fire, I doubt they'd double back and set all other Columbias in motion.
[/QUOTE]
I Got to say reading all this makes me eager to do my second playthrough and collect them all and pay closer attention.

[quote name='GUNNM']
The whole time I was hoping for a love relationship between booker and anna and then the ending happened...awkward... Loved the revisit to bioshock 1
[/QUOTE]

Right, kind of like the whole Star Wars awkward you know incest part.

bread's done
Back