Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Official site http://www.bioshockgame.com/ultimaterapture/home.html

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Oh, they'll still do that too. :lol:

Already have a sealed special edition of BioShock 2 or else I might be interested in this. I dumbly traded in my BS1/Oblivion combo pack for a few bucks a while ago and since then I've wanted to go back and revisit both of those games.

BioShock 2 is waaay underrated. I thought it was a lot better, both mechanically and narratively, than the first game. Plus the multiplayer is fun.[/QUOTE]

See, I think the last third that's true, but the beginning stages are vague and the story seemed like it was trying to duplicate on the big twist on BS1. That's just how I read it, though the end of it was probably one of the better endings.

Either way, really excited for BS:I

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Oh, they'll still do that too. :lol:

Already have a sealed special edition of BioShock 2 or else I might be interested in this. I dumbly traded in my BS1/Oblivion combo pack for a few bucks a while ago and since then I've wanted to go back and revisit both of those games.

BioShock 2 is waaay underrated. I thought it was a lot better, both mechanically and narratively, than the first game. Plus the multiplayer is fun.[/QUOTE]

If I ever hop back on SLM, we are going to argue aplenty about Bioshock vs. Bioshock 2. All I can say is that when they first debuted the trailer for Bioshock 2, my mind was heavy with so many possibilities. Playing "the first Big Daddy" was far far at the bottom of my list. Would you want to play as Pyramid Head in Silent Hill?
You can also argue about 3/4 into Bioshock about turning into a Big Daddy, but that is beside the point!

[quote name='Zolor23']I just bought BioShock 1 for $10...should I return? How much does BioShock 2 go for? (X360)[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 1 is pretty awesome. I would just keep it and maybe grab 2 if you see it cheap... Like the previous poster stated - the extras are pretty much for hardcore fans only.

Btw

If you guys still havent played BIO 1/2, there are people regularly selling steam keys in the steam trade thread for one or two dollars.

Provided, your pc is capable enough to run a four year old game.

I already have both games but the dlc will probably make me pick this up when it gets cheaper.

I just don't know what it is about GOTY and collections but I just can't help myself for some reason.

Gahhh I hate cash ins......

You can pick up both games plus Minerva's Den for cheaper separately.
Minerva's Den is the only DLC possibly worth it anyway.

yeah. same here and they screw me everytime. lol
i get ratchet, dmc, mgs, tr, sc, sotc/ico, and then they go so cheap and i havnt even touched them.
i just told my wife that this is such a great deal for 2 great games and dlc, and she's like yeah but you have most of it, and im like yeah, but imagine if i didn't. lol. im a fool...
i told her when ps4 comes out to tell me not to buy anything for first few years so i can flip out when i get the top games collections like mass effect trilogy, ezio tril, this, etc for cheap. im a cag, but it's hard for me to be patient! i gotta knock out my backlog before ps4. lol

I'll have to consider this one. Loved the first BioShock. Second was a rehash but still decent. Price isn't too unreasonable. And I do like to support companies that offer on-disc versions of their DLC. Thinking I might go for it. Any idea how "limited" it is?

[quote name='Velo214']yeah. same here and they screw me everytime. lol
i get ratchet, dmc, mgs, tr, sc, sotc/ico, and then they go so cheap and i havnt even touched them.
i just told my wife that this is such a great deal for 2 great games and dlc, and she's like yeah but you have most of it, and im like yeah, but imagine if i didn't. lol. im a fool...
i told her when ps4 comes out to tell me not to buy anything for first few years so i can flip out when i get the top games collections like mass effect trilogy, ezio tril, this, etc for cheap. im a cag, but it's hard for me to be patient! i gotta knock out my backlog before ps4. lol[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm even worse since I have a 360 too. My room is just filled with games on games on games, and like at least a 1/3 are still sealed. My backlog(only this gen, meaning 360, ps3 and Wii) is probably well over a 100 to finish, and if we expand that to handhelds and older systems.. well... I don't want to talk about it.

[quote name='camoor']Bioshock is probably my favorite game of all time.[/QUOTE]

+1

[quote name='Ralph444']Gahhh I hate cash ins......

You can pick up both games plus Minerva's Den for cheaper separately.
Minerva's Den is the only DLC possibly worth it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. If you plan on playing bio 2 multiplayer, The Sinclair solutions pack is essential. (It is the only DLC I have ever purchased)

The DLC is $35 alone for bioshock 2 last time I checked. I believe the bioshock 1 DLC is $9.99.

I encourage everyone to play bio 2 mutiplayer, so I can roll you and call you names over my mic. :lol: Seriously, I have a problem, but if you guys send me a request and note that you know me from CAG, I will add you and help you out.

Multiplayer is a joke.

Supremely unbalanced with certain combinations pretty much unbeatable.
It's a fun thing to try out if you must.... but even Call of Duty is more balanced.

You don't miss out on much by passing on the multiplayer. Single player is all you really need focus on.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Two years later, the multiplayer for this community is still active?

I thought it was dead on arrival lol.[/QUOTE]

It is most active on Friday nights. Usually CW and CTS is all people play. There is a dedicated core group that always plays.

You can level up and unlock weapons as you play. It can be a PITA if you have level 50 dbags playing against you. Best thing to do is leave if you notice a lot of high levels in the lobby, pick up the read vials and hack everything you can to level up.

[quote name='shepsheppard']1. Shepsheppard thinks this is a deal and good news. 2. Shep thinks that people who say news =deal in a thread is mad bc they didnt post this deal.[/QUOTE]

1. Deal = MSRP? We must have a different understanding of what a deal is. Are we going to see all collection announcements in the deals section? a thread for Killzone Collection, God of War Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, Resistance Collection and so on. Awesome.

2. Mad? Nah, I bought Bioshock 2 for $5 and Bioshock for $10. That's cheaper than this collection.

This will be my new standard response to threads with nothing but complainers in it. I expect you will be seeing it a lot.

picture.php

[quote name='cancerman1120']This will be my new standard response to threads with nothing but complainers in it. I expect you will be seeing it a lot.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I love Sam Axe.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Deal = MSRP? We must have a different understanding of what a deal is. Are we going to see all collection announcements in the deals section? a thread for Killzone Collection, God of War Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, Resistance Collection and so on. Awesome.

2. Mad? Nah, I bought Bioshock 2 for $5 and Bioshock for $10. That's cheaper than this collection.[/QUOTE]

Deal = good VALUE, I hear you got both games for 15$, how much would you spend on that dlc?

[quote name='gomikeoh']Btw

If you guys still havent played BIO 1/2, there are people regularly selling steam keys in the steam trade thread for one or two dollars.

Provided, your pc is capable enough to run a four year old game.[/QUOTE]

Someone pointed out the pack that Amazon is selling that includes Bioshock 1 & 2 for like $9.99.

Alas, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't have a computer that would be able to play the game.

I threw $15 of my Amazon visa credit at the order anyway so I'm getting it for (technically) $15.

[quote name='slowdive21']+1

Wrong. If you plan on playing bio 2 multiplayer, The Sinclair solutions pack is essential. (It is the only DLC I have ever purchased)

The DLC is $35 alone for bioshock 2 last time I checked. I believe the bioshock 1 DLC is $9.99.

I encourage everyone to play bio 2 mutiplayer, so I can roll you and call you names over my mic. :lol: Seriously, I have a problem, but if you guys send me a request and note that you know me from CAG, I will add you and help you out.[/QUOTE]

Why is the Sinclair Solutions pack essential? I got to level 50 without buying any DLC so I'm wondering what I missed.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why is the Sinclair Solutions pack essential? I got to level 50 without buying any DLC so I'm wondering what I missed.[/QUOTE]

The level 40-50 increase and the extra mod for each weapon class. Extended clip for elephant gun, fire boost for MG, etc.

I believe some people slipped through the cracks because of a glitch and were able to level to 50 without the dlc. I believe it was only on xbox, but I am not really familiar with what happened. Now the game caps you at 40. You can also rebirth with one of the other dlc packs, which sets your level back to 1, has trophies, and give you 'wings' on your id.

[quote name='slowdive21']The level 40-50 increase and the extra mod for each weapon class. Extended clip for elephant gun, fire boost for MG, etc.

I believe some people slipped through the cracks because of a glitch and were able to level to 50 without the dlc. I believe it was only on xbox, but I am not really familiar with what happened. Now the game caps you at 40. You can also rebirth with one of the other dlc packs, which sets your level back to 1, has trophies, and give you 'wings' on your id.[/QUOTE]

Oops, never mind, I only got to 40 then, and I would hardly say that DLC is essential unless you really like the multiplayer since I believe going from 40-50 is the same as going 1-40.

Hmm...Gamestop doesn't have a pre-order for this. I guess it is too soon to be released/announced too close to actual street date. I might get the PS3 version.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I would get this, but with Bioshock 1 being on the Infinite disc for PS3, Bioshock 2 being free for PS+ and dirt cheap to buy, I think I'll pass for now.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Maybe this will awaken the dead Bioshock 2 multiplayer and I can actually try to
Platinum this game.
Multiplayer trophies are for birds, for real.

Ah, finally there's a GOTY edition of Bioshock. I'll add this to the GOTY thread. Thank God the DLC is on disk. Now I can finally play the Challenge rooms and get those trophies. Funnily enough, I just Plat Bioshock in one playthrough a couple days ago. It's odd how this was announced a few months ago to be released in early December but got re-announced again. I wonder if the Challenge rooms will add Achievements to the 360.

[quote name='jrodri86']No PC Release? :whistle2:k No money from me :nottalking::shame:[/QUOTE]

You can get all this on steam right now for $9.99 I think. Minus the stickers and art stuff.

Not sure if it includes the DLC though? Anyone?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oops, never mind, I only got to 40 then, and I would hardly say that DLC is essential unless you really like the multiplayer since I believe going from 40-50 is the same as going 1-40.[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way. I was a decent player without the dlc, now I consider myself to be good with the dlc guns. I primarily use elephant gun and the extended clip is a lifesaver, since the gun is so slow (avoid waiting for reloads).

I have a PC copy of 2 and a ps3 collectors edition. I never got around to getting 1. May have to pick this up. Anyone know if the PC mp is still alive?

[quote name='cancerman1120']You can get all this on steam right now for $9.99 I think. Minus the stickers and art stuff.

Not sure if it includes the DLC though? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I already own both games on Steam, DLC not included cause must be bought on the GFWL store. I was thinking about getting it as a collectors item and why not to have the DLC. They're probably not releasing them on PC cause of the DRM schemes, Bioshock is DRM free while Bioshock 2 uses GFWL.

Hope it has a cool steelbook or slipcover like Oblivion 5th anniversary or how Fallout 3 GOTY had a slipcover. If not pass on it.

I've had Bioshock 1 and 2 for a long while now...and have never played either. I'm thinking I need to do something with my backlog.

[quote name='Trojann']Hope it has a cool steelbook or slipcover like Oblivion 5th anniversary or how Fallout 3 GOTY had a slipcover. If not pass on it.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what this needs to push me over on buying this.

that's a pretty sweet deal if you hadn't played either one. I have plus so I have a copy of 2 digitally and I'm getting infinite which is supposed to come with a copy of 1. I have already beat 1 and 2 multiple times.

bread's done
Back