Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Official site http://www.bioshockgame.com/ultimaterapture/home.html

I'm guessing it doesn't look as cool for the PS3, because the 360 required a bigger case to hold all the extra disks and the PS3 can fit more content on Blu-rays. So they just tossed it in a regular case.

Waiting for the magic $20 price point, since I already own BioShock and have played 2 before, but it's a great deal for those who have neither.

[quote name='mossfan563']Anyone see if they're available at any GameStop yet?[/QUOTE]

For some reason GameStop.com says it doesn't release until the 1/22/13. Kinda weird that they didn't get them the same time as everyone else.

[quote name='SkywardKing']I'm guessing it doesn't look as cool for the PS3, because the 360 required a bigger case to hold all the extra disks and the PS3 can fit more content on Blu-rays. So they just tossed it in a regular case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I thought. Four discs don't fit in a regular x360 case.

I had to ask for it at Best Buy. Surprised and happy they put some effort in the packaging (for 360 at least).

Last edited by a moderator:
I may take this stupid game that I can't play worth a damn called FIFA 13, and trade it in towards this. I never really gave the first Bioshock a chance before getting rid of it, but I loved the hell out of Bioshock 2.

[quote name='TommyLove']Rare to see more disc = better display case. YAY FOR 360! I hope it plays better on there as well[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's the same game. No changes. Meaning that if the original 360 games were better, then it's the same on this package.

LOL! So amusing to see people happy about having to install several discs rather than just one. External art appears the same. Pack-ins are the same. Only difference is internal slipcover, and the fact that this will take up more space on your shelf. Having extra real estate due to outdated media isn't exactly a good thing. But whatever makes folks happy.

I guess if they put out a PC edition on 40 floppies, people will cancel their console orders so they can get the super-cool jumbo box! :applause:

[quote name='Zippon']LOL! So amusing to see people happy about having to install several discs rather than just one. External art appears the same. Pack-ins are the same. Only difference is internal slipcover, and the fact that this will take up more space on your shelf. Having extra real estate due to outdated media isn't exactly a good thing. But whatever makes folks happy.

I guess if they put out a PC edition on 40 floppies, people will cancel their console orders so they can get the super-cool jumbo box! :applause:[/QUOTE]
if they release a pc version with 40 floppies, i would convert myself to a pc gamer

@Zimmy - I got it on the 360 - it does have the new game Plus option on it - but it does say that achievements will be disabled if you activate it. The other thing that struck me as interesting was the only piece of "DLC" not included are the Ziggo/Blanche Character pack for bioshock 2 MP - the only DLC I never got since it pissed me off that it was planned out well in advance of the game shipping and was only an unlock key for content already on the disc - Sinclair Solutions pack same way too though ...

[quote name='BigC777']@Zimmy - I got it on the 360 - it does have the new game Plus option on it - but it does say that achievements will be disabled if you activate it. The other thing that struck me as interesting was the only piece of "DLC" not included are the Ziggo/Blanche Character pack for bioshock 2 MP - the only DLC I never got since it pissed me off that it was planned out well in advance of the game shipping and was only an unlock key for content already on the disc - Sinclair Solutions pack same way too though ...[/QUOTE]

Wait so the dlc is on disk but has to be unlocked via live? Is this for all the dlc?

[quote name='Zippon'] But whatever makes folks happy.[/QUOTE]

Your superiority shines like a beacon over the dismal tide of slack-jawed yokels who like things you don't. One day we will all be as rational and progressive as you. Until then, keep beating your drum, good sir, for we will benefit from your wisdom. Bravo, mighty champion. Bravo!

[quote name='Vigilante']Man, why does the :ps3: version have to look so...plain? I decided to play the series on that system after enjoying the original so much on :ps3:, and I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered for :ps3:...*sigh*[/QUOTE]

The bluray holds more so it is a smaller package.

I still have the BS2 LE sealed from BB so i think i will go with the 360 version.

Does anyone know if the save files are compatible? So if you have saves from the regular editions are they recognized here?

Mainly asking about the ps3 edition.

And are the trophies/achievements shared or is it like Batman AA GOTY?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']Waiting for the magic $20 price point, since I already own BioShock and have played 2 before, but it's a great deal for those who have neither.[/QUOTE]

Standard price at Target for the PS3 version is $20.98, so that's pretty darn close. Might have to ask them to get it from the stockroom, but they should have it. I didn't ask, but I remember seeing from the other thread that the 360 version is $29.99.

[quote name='get_loud']Does anyone know if the save files are compatible? So if you have saves from the regular editions are they recognized here?

Mainly asking about the ps3 edition.

And are the trophies/achievements shared or is it like Batman AA GOTY?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the saves are compatible. I'd recommend deleting the game data though since the new disk will still install over the regular data even though its the same data.

Self-answering questions FTW.

Just for clarification. This does not include the 2 extra characters...At least I can't find them on the disc. But I also already had sinclar solutions DLC, so I didn't reinstall it.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']
207691_10151410822595336_297334364_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow. Why.

2K lost this PS3 owning Bioshock fan's money on this.

[quote name='preston181']Pardon my ignorance, but I'm guessing this is just a DLC pack, and doesn't include the games with it?[/QUOTE]

Both games and all dlc included. As well as additional features.

[quote name='Finch106']Both games and all dlc included. As well as additional features.[/QUOTE]

Dayum. Might have to jump on this.

[quote name='preston181']Pardon my ignorance, but I'm guessing this is just a DLC pack, and doesn't include the games with it?[/QUOTE]

It's both full games Bioshock 1/2 and all the DLC released for both.

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']It's both full games Bioshock 1/2 and all the DLC released for both.[/QUOTE]

Technically it is missing the character pack. It is only 1.99, but there are 2 more characters for bioshock 2. I could be wrong, but I do not see them on the disc when I installed it.

stopped by GS today after work to pick this up, employee had not heard of it at all and kept thinking I was asking about Infinite. Showed him the GS product page for it and after looking quite confused he checked his computer again and said "uhh I think they have some shipping to us, check back in a few days".

And its a wonder why I hardly ever shop at GS anymore. If I didnt have a $30 credit there I'd have no interest in going.

I ended up opening the one I got.
What was strange, it wouldn't let me load my new game+ save or Challenge Room even though I own the DLC and just was playing it.
Once I installed it from the disc, I was all good.
Makes me think you can't just borrow this from a friend and use the DLC load.

[quote name='slowdive21']Technically it is missing the character pack. It is only 1.99, but there are 2 more characters for bioshock 2. I could be wrong, but I do not see them on the disc when I installed it.[/QUOTE]

your right the 2 extra MP characters, but really the MP for BS2 is dead your not missing out on much.

[quote name='GamerDude316']stopped by GS today after work to pick this up, employee had not heard of it at all and kept thinking I was asking about Infinite. Showed him the GS product page for it and after looking quite confused he checked his computer again and said "uhh I think they have some shipping to us, check back in a few days".

And its a wonder why I hardly ever shop at GS anymore. If I didnt have a $30 credit there I'd have no interest in going.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience...I tried to pre order it (I have some GS credit to burn) when it was announced a few weeks ago and they couldn't find in the system. I tried again last week, and they found it in the system but said it wasn't on the pre-order list and it wasn't in the pipeline for their store as of yet...When was the last time someone at GS said 'err, yeah, we can't pre order that game for you' ? I checked back on tuesday of this week and they said they are apparently getting one copy next sometime next week. I'm guessing that they don't want this item competing against their used copies of Bioshock 1 ($15 used) and Bioshock 2 ($10 used), neither of which come with the extra DLC on disk that this package contains.

bread's done
Back