Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Official site http://www.bioshockgame.com/ultimaterapture/home.html

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Still not up at gamestop. That's where I have gift cards, so I just have to wait and pick it up in store.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reminder, I have $30 in GS credit and this seems like the perfect item to use it on.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this will be split onto two discs for the 360 version?

I already have Bioshock 2 (picked it up for $10 last summer) but never got around to finishing it as I got into other games. I stopped at Fontaine Futuristics if I recall correctly. Would this be worth the $30 if i already have the second?

[quote name='Ndolger']Been looking to pick up the DLC for a long time. Sounds like I may bite on this...[/QUOTE]

It's worth it for a the sawed off sg!

BTW kids, this guy is tough to beat.

[quote name='syndragore']I apologize if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this will be split onto two discs for the 360 version?

I already have Bioshock 2 (picked it up for $10 last summer) but never got around to finishing it as I got into other games. I stopped at Fontaine Futuristics if I recall correctly. Would this be worth the $30 if i already have the second?[/QUOTE]

It will most likely have 2 discs.

[quote name='syndragore']I apologize if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this will be split onto two discs for the 360 version?

I already have Bioshock 2 (picked it up for $10 last summer) but never got around to finishing it as I got into other games. I stopped at Fontaine Futuristics if I recall correctly. Would this be worth the $30 if i already have the second?[/QUOTE]

I'm also guessing 2 discs - but the real question is will the DLC be integrated on those discs, in the form of a Voucher or a separate bonus disc.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I'm also guessing 2 discs - but the real question is will the DLC be integrated on those discs, in the form of a Voucher or a separate bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

The website specifies that the DLC will be on-disc, so at least there's that.

[quote name='Thrinn']According to the product description page it's on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Sweet

Don't think so. This bundle was just announced last week so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it available in stores for a couple weeks.

Why isn't this listed at most stores? Didn't it release yesterday? I would like to buy it at Gamestop, but it's not even listed on the site. I guess i might need to call in and see if it's in stock later today. I've been wanting to check these games out and this is bundle is cheaper than buying them individually.

[quote name='SkywardKing']Why isn't this listed at most stores? Didn't it release yesterday? I would like to buy it at Gamestop, but it's not even listed on the site. I guess i might need to call in and see if it's in stock later today. I've been wanting to check these games out and this is bundle is cheaper than buying them individually.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you, this release is super confusing. All retailers have it listed, but I went to GameStop yesterday and it wasn't there/the employees were uninformed about it. I shall check again when they open today!

Amazon is still showing the release date as today in my list of orders, but shows temporary out of stock on the page. So I guess they are still waiting on shipments to come in from the supplier.

They must've pushed it back a week.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Gamestop lists the release date as the 22nd. It also lists the 360 version at 29.99, but the ps3 version as 59.99.[/QUOTE]

I think this might be a case where the "release date" is actually the date the game starts shipping to retailers, and it becomes available for consumer purchase whenever the stores get them out on shelves.

Best Buy.com and Amazon do not have it in stock, and searching by Best Buy store shows unavailable everywhere.

I checked for this at Best Buy today and the guy said that according to the system that the copies shipped out yesterday but it didn't offer tracking as apart the system so he wasn't sure when they would be coming in exactly. They were just marked as In Transit via a Physical Transfer. The store had copies for both 360 and PS3 coming though.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Gamestop lists the release date as the 22nd. It also lists the 360 version at 29.99, but the ps3 version as 59.99.[/QUOTE]
That's weird. Gamestop is listing the ps3 version as $29.99, the same for XBOX. So basically no stores have the game except Amazon? That sucks :/

[quote name='ajtpak']That's weird. Gamestop is listing the ps3 version as $29.99, the same for XBOX. So basically no stores have the game except Amazon? That sucks :/[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it. See my post above yours.

Picked up a copy for 360 today at BB they had about 10 copies. traded in parts 1 and 2 towards it got 8 bucks with the 100% trade in still going on.

[quote name='Gsmack1']Picked up a copy for 360 today at BB they had about 10 copies. traded in parts 1 and 2 towards it got 8 bucks with the 100% trade in still going on.[/QUOTE]

How is it packaged? Is it in one case with both discs?

I saw both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions today at Best Buy and the 360 version comes in a nice box (looked similar the the Mass Effect collection) while the PS3 version comes in the standard plastic case. Have no idea how many discs either have as I did not purchase a copy.

I picked up a 360 copy today at BB, granted I had to drive about 32mi out of my way to get it, but I am a big fan, and had to have the extra content for the first game.

The 360 copy is 4 discs(2 for the games and 2 for the DLC's)

For those who have picked this up, is the gallery feature an actual area you can navigate within the 3d context of the game world or just a slide show?

That might sound like a weird question, but the wording made it sound like something you could virtually walk through and explore, as opposed to the much cheaper option of throwing together a slide show.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I picked up a 360 copy today at BB, granted I had to drive about 32mi out of my way to get it, but I am a big fan, and had to have the extra content for the first game.

The 360 copy is 4 discs(2 for the games and 2 for the DLC's)[/QUOTE]

So, it comes in a new packaging? Hmmm, I don't know if I should pick it up...

I'm out. Very tempting but own both games and some of the DLC already. Running low on credits and games worth trading in, need to save for the $20 per-order bonus games from BB.

[quote name='mark_IV']I saw both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions today at Best Buy and the 360 version comes in a nice box (looked similar the the Mass Effect collection) while the PS3 version comes in the standard plastic case. Have no idea how many discs either have as I did not purchase a copy.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising since its console debut was on the 360. Guess they want to hit those players with a nostalgia flashback, with a more "complete" package aesthetically.

All I have to say is, "the last of us"...

Does the PS3 DLC come as a code?

I never bought the BS1 DLC and I figured I might give it a try if ir has seperate codes.

I paid retail for the BS2 and I regret it

Here are some pics for those interested. Everything is on disc, no codes to enter. Sorry they are so big, took them from 2K's Facebook page.

14987_10151410822685336_2122226303_n.jpg

69679_10151410822705336_948278852_n.jpg

428362_10151410822585336_255519726_n.jpg

64654_10151410822600336_658109845_n.jpg

207691_10151410822595336_297334364_n.jpg

thanks for the pics man. wow, the xbox version definitely looks much cooler than the ps3 version. will be picking this up for sure. love the art thats visible after you remove the slipcover!

and idk about anyone else but im a bit curious about the pictures being taken with the games over what looks like a bloodstained purple and white dress

Last edited by a moderator:
It sucks that they skimped on the ps3 version. Now I'm not as tempted as I was. Might just end up buying the games used.

wonder why the PS3 one got jipped. 360 version looks sick though, glad I have a 360 lol.

all the best buys around me say ship to store only I guess they havent gotten their batches yet =/

Man, why does the :ps3: version have to look so...plain? I decided to play the series on that system after enjoying the original so much on :ps3:, and I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered for :ps3:...*sigh*

Cancelled my PS3 copy from Amazon. Set an order for in store pickup for a 360 version at Best Buy. So glad I saw those pictures.

bread's done
Back