Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Ecofreak']It is pretty amazing how much larger the PS3 forum's BlazBlue thread is compared to that of the 360. Makes me wonder how much larger said community is online...[/QUOTE]

The fact it's probably being imported more since the 360's isn't region free probably helps too. :lol:

[quote name='Ecofreak']It is pretty amazing how much larger the PS3 forum's BlazBlue thread is compared to that of the 360. Makes me wonder how much larger said community is online...[/QUOTE]

Yeah its usually the other way around. I ditched my 360 version of the game. I'm getting it on PS3 If the guy ever ships it. :bomb:

[quote name='MasterWolf']Plus Europe did not get a LE, so more Europeans are getting the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

really? thats a nice kick to the balls.

anyone tried remote play? i dont have a psp. so i havent.

and anyone close to plat? fucking score attack!

:shock: I forgot that this supports remote play, I need to find myself a copy NOW. Seems like I'm the only person without a copy of BlazBlue.

[quote name='GodlyOne']:shock: I forgot that this supports remote play, I need to find myself a copy NOW. Seems like I'm the only person without a copy of BlazBlue.[/QUOTE]

I had it on 360, and ditched it for the ps3 version. Although the guy I bought it from hasn't shipped it yet. So I'm in the same boat. :lol:

[quote name='GodlyOne']:shock: I forgot that this supports remote play, I need to find myself a copy NOW. Seems like I'm the only person without a copy of BlazBlue.[/QUOTE]

You are

[quote name='enufs8d']really? thats a nice kick to the balls.

and anyone close to plat? fucking score attack![/QUOTE]
Don't even remind me......I am only up to the third guy, I gave up on beating Score attack with Ragna. I will probably use Jin.

[quote name='enufs8d']really? thats a nice kick to the balls.

and anyone close to plat? fucking score attack![/QUOTE]

I've tried remote play, the fact they included it is nice, but the delay is far from tolerable. Try pressing A on your stick then doing it on your PSP. If this were maybe for an RPG, it'd be ok. For a fighting game though, the remote play shouldn't of been included. It's good for watching replays, looking at the gallery, etc. but not for actually playing the game.

EDIT: Before anyone says it, yes, I changed all the settings on my PSP while in remote play.

[quote name='MasterWolf']Don't even remind me......I am only up to the third guy, I gave up on beating Score attack with Ragna. I will probably use Jin.[/QUOTE]

I can't get pass hakumen!!! soooo close.

[quote name='JEKKI']fukk score attack mode.

I guess I should jus be happy that I can beat actual humans[/QUOTE]

Yeah but after playing Score Attack, I have gotten alot better, Im guessing after I finally beat this mode, I will be able to kill anyone.

[quote name='MasterWolf']Yeah but after playing Score Attack, I have gotten alot better, Im guessing after I finally beat this mode, I will be able to kill anyone.[/QUOTE]

except level 50s

[quote name='moommoombaba']so bb nite tonight?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'll host a room tonight at 8PST//11EST.

Only rules are to have fun and to not choose the Jpop songs.

edit: Here is a little guide I whipped up for an IRC room. Pretty simple. In addition, I'll invite you guys to a PS3 text chat room.

----

How to join the #cagblazblue IRC channel with Mibbit
(no need to install anything)

Requirements:
-Computer
-Internet Connection
-Web Browser (javascript enabled, usually on by default)
-3 Minutes of Your Time

1) Turn on your computer and load up your preferred browser.

2) Type the following address into the browser and press enter (or simply click the link).

http://mibbit.com/chat/

3) In the "IRC" field, click on the drop down menu and select "EFNET [webirc]"

4) In the "Nick" field, type whatever name you prefer. (it's a good idea to make it close to your PSN or CAG ID). Only letters and numbers, no spaces

5)In the "Channel" field, type "#cagblazblue" without the quotes.

6) When all fields are completed it should look like this.

mibbit.jpg

Press go, and you should be set.

On the right is the user list. To chat, simply type in the bottom most field and press enter to send the message. To exit the channel, just navigate away or close the page.

And of course, you can use your own preffered IRC client. This is just to allow those new to IRC to join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good games everyone, you guys were all ripping it up. Well, I managed to record most of tonight except maybe 2-3 matches. If any of you don't want to be on the video I upload, just request me to cut out your parts. Again guys great games. And yeah, that double down was crazy.

Also, if you guys want me to do this next week, that'd be cool. Overall, I thought tonight was fairly smooth. A couple hitches and lag spikes, but definitely manageable.

I'll be there next Thursday night. I work Thursdays until midnight eastern but I'll have the day off from work next week.

Usually available to play Sunday through Wednesday for BlazBlue, just hit me up on PSN or AIM if you see me, almost always down for some games.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']enuf8d, nice match. That double down was awesome![/QUOTE]

oh did you get the trophy for it? i got it a while back for double down.

good games everyone. i love watching the akune vs akune, especially since i can't use him for shit.

in the last match, i couldnt do a super if my life depended on it. i tried some ranked matches afterwards. and i noticed that my hrap3 stick would double hit up. oh man, i just got it in december. i guess too many games of frantic bb. any suggestions to fix the stick? of course, it doesn't take away from rei's game. your movements and roman cancels are way beyond my level.

in my last ranked game (level 31 vs level 31), the ragna guy that lost to me messaged me that i was a spammer. lol. at least its better than rage quiting.

[quote name='js1']Esper had quite a streak there.. Good games everyone![/QUOTE]

But you ended it with your jin against my ragna. Very close matches. ugh jin...

[quote name='enufs8d'] love watching the akune vs akune, especially since i can't use him for shit.[/Quote]

Yeah, rainking and I put quite a show. At first, I didn't like arukune because he was too slow, but then I started messing with his normals and it somehow clicked for me

Yeah, good games everyone. The jin mirror match between you and rei was awesome! My first time seeing a double down online.

Played a few, was tough.... considering arakune is the only guy im even half decent with :( Wish i could use some of the others, they dont click for me though... although i can mash random buttons like a beast with noel, lol.

[quote name='distgfx']How late are we talking here?[/QUOTE]

I probably wake up between 2 - 4 pm eastern tuesday so not my usual ridiculously late hours :p

egh, too bad i missed last night's rumbles...i see a couple carl's play hahaha, have yet to meet one in ranked matches myself.

I finally got my game today If anyone wants to play sometime. I'm also down for playing on a cag night, and If more people showed up than 6. I would be willing to host a lobby myself. I had the 360 version, and ended up getting the ps3 one. :cool:

Did anyone know this game has remote play capabilites with the psp? I think this is the first Ps3 game that works over remote play. Are there any other Ps3 games that can do that besides this one?

[quote name='forgrim']50 ranked matches later, and i officially think i broke my left thumb.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need one of these:

mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-fightstick-tournament-edition.jpg

I just picked up the game a few nights ago, just got around to popping it in and giving it a try..what an f'ing blast...this game rocks, hardcore...I played a few rounds online..ended up with a pretty good record...I'd def. like to start playing with some members of CAG next game night

PSN: Nameless600

picked this up last night add me if you want to play sometime I am usually up pretty late on weekends and until 12am Est on weekdays.

PSN: Cataplexy

[quote name='bjstucker']picked this up last night add me if you want to play sometime I am usually up pretty late on weekends and until 12am Est on weekdays.

PSN: Cataplexy[/QUOTE]

You are on till around I am. Consider yourself added. xD

I'll be hosting another CAG Night tonight. If you don't get an invite around 8pm PST/ 11pm EST, just send a friend request and I'll make it happen. Unfortunately a room can only hold 6, so again, it'll be first come first serve.

And I still have the IRC channel up, be sure to join that if you can.

Here's the mini IRC guide I posted a while ago:

----

How to join the #cagblazblue IRC channel with Mibbit
(no need to install anything)

Requirements:
-Computer
-Internet Connection
-Web Browser (javascript enabled, usually on by default)
-3 Minutes of Your Time

1) Turn on your computer and load up your preferred browser.

2) Type the following address into the browser and press enter (or simply click the link).

http://mibbit.com/chat/

3) In the "IRC" field, click on the drop down menu and select "EFNET [webirc]"

4) In the "Nick" field, type whatever name you prefer. (it's a good idea to make it close to your PSN or CAG ID). Only letters and numbers, no spaces

5)In the "Channel" field, type "#cagblazblue" without the quotes.

6) When all fields are completed it should look like this.

mibbit.jpg

Press go, and you should be set.

On the right is the user list. To chat, simply type in the bottom most field and press enter to send the message. To exit the channel, just navigate away or close the page.

And of course, you can use your own preffered IRC client. This is just to allow those new to IRC to join in.

bread's done
Back