​
 ​
 ​
$1.45+
7053da06f412cf1bf70adc78d52c7e2d.jpg
81352457a1b387021e20ac97857126c3.jpg
8c5e83672c16d67d3efcd3115f7a0d22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They've all had as many or more bundles as Blink. There are others that have as well. Bundles sites have started and stopped. We'll see what happens with Blink.

We're not planning on going anywhere. I'm currently locking down titles for BB#3 and #4, and I'm even starting to work on a bundle launching in late May/early June that will make me people do a triple take at least. It's not even slight marketing exaggeration either. I'm an obsessive bundle buyer and I'm freaking out over it already.
Ashton-Kutcher-Burn.jpg

Looking forward to it, man :D. Gotta say, both Blink's have been absolutely fantastic, and arguably better than the likes of the more popular bundle sites.
Thanks very much. We had an advantage over some other new bundles because of having that Playblink foundation in place. But the biggest thing in my opinion was David Pittman (developer of Eldritch). We did a Playblink promotion with David a couple months before doing our first Blink Bundle. When we asked him about getting involved with Blink Bundle he immediately jumped on board. It was much easier to get other devs on board when you have a standout indie title like Eldritch involved. He has even been supportive of us after BB#1 finished.

I can not say it enough...David Pittman is awesome. Everyone needs to go buy Eldritch!

We're not planning on going anywhere.
I wasn't assuming you were, given the strength of the first two bundles.

I just questioned using the term "main bundles" largely because I'd guess all of those bundles hope or hoped to be "main" bundles. I'm quite positive that those bundle sites that have gone away never set out with the intention of failing.

Give us time. We'll grab that top spot! We're still only a day into our 2nd bundle.
If Humble resends back into the slump they've been in recently, that spot may not be too far away... but Groupees has the $1 tier card (and I like a fair bit of the music they put in their bundles.)

They've all had as many or more bundles as Blink. There are others that have as well. Bundles sites have started and stopped. We'll see what happens with Blink.
Quality > quantity.

We're not planning on going anywhere. I'm currently locking down titles for BB#3 and #4, and I'm even starting to work on a bundle launching in late May/early June that will make me people do a triple take at least. It's not even slight marketing exaggeration either. I'm an obsessive bundle buyer and I'm freaking out over it already.
You've probable heard it before, but: no repeats, please. ;)

Bonus points if you check my Steam profile and only include games that I don't already own. :D/

I wasn't assuming you were, given the strength of the first two bundles.

I just questioned using the term "main bundles" largely because I'd guess all of those bundles hope or hoped to be "main" bundles. I'm quite positive that those bundle sites that have gone away never set out with the intention of failing.
Personally I always used the term main bundles to describe the few indie bundles that have hit that elusive 10k bundles sold mark with at least one bundle.

If Humble resends back into the slump they've been in recently, that spot may not be too far away... but Groupees has the $1 tier card (and I like a fair bit of the music they put in their bundles.)

Quality > quantity.

You've probable heard it before, but: no repeats, please. ;)

Bonus points if you check my Steam profile and only include games that I don't already own. :D/
Well, I can tell you that you don't own either of the bonus games in BB#2.

People might have read how I select some of the games on my Reddit posts. I have quite a few avid collectors and bundle buyers on my friends list. I use Enhanced Steam to quickly get an idea of how widely owned titles are. That's why you might see some occasional repeats from offshoot or older bundles. They're simply not widely owned even by bundle buyers.

In nearly every bundle though you're going to see a couple titles that will make even hardcore collectors surprised. Part of it is also that we have that no over the top gimmick policy that has really gone over extremely well with developers that have been very bundle resistant until now. The price per key that they receive from some bundles is just too low with excessive sales gimmicks. But there's a chance you'll see them pop up in future Blink Bundles. The 85% cut to developers probably also plays a part :p

Thank you! I have been very impressed with these 2 bundles and I can't wait to see more soon and I've made it a point to make sure my friends know of you guys too! Keep up the great work! :)

People might have read how I select some of the games on my Reddit posts. I have quite a few avid collectors and bundle buyers on my friends list. I use Enhanced Steam to quickly get an idea of how widely owned titles are. That's why you might see some occasional repeats from offshoot or older bundles. They're simply not widely owned even by bundle buyers.

In nearly every bundle though you're going to see a couple titles that will make even hardcore collectors surprised. Part of it is also that we have that no over the top gimmick policy that has really gone over extremely well with developers that have been very bundle resistant until now. The price per key that they receive from some bundles is just too low with excessive sales gimmicks. But there's a chance you'll see them pop up in future Blink Bundles. The 85% cut to developers probably also plays a part :p
If you want another bundle buyer to compare with, you can add me to your friend list ;)

I've been buying bundles since Humble Bundle 3, so there aren't many I've missed, although I do intentionally skip some.

Personally I always used the term main bundles to describe the few indie bundles that have hit that elusive 10k bundles sold mark with at least one bundle.
I really don't know sale numbers for bundles. If I were to use the term main bundles I'd generally use it for bundle sites that are well established with bundles or at least appear headed that way. (That latter qualification helps include Blink and probably Flying.) I would guess, however, that the two definitions are effectively equivalent. Bundles that sell well tend to stick around and have regular releases. Bundles that flounder tend to go away or at least are very infrequent with releases.

Well, I can tell you that you don't own either of the bonus games in BB#2.
Now that is nice to hear.

If you want another bundle buyer to compare with, you can add me to your friend list ;)

I've been buying bundles since Humble Bundle 3, so there aren't many I've missed, although I do intentionally skip some.
Whoring yourself out to Blink Bundle too? What will Johnny Cappucino think?

Thanks for your posts on here. You just flipped me from "I've got enough bundle games that I haven't played" to "one more bundle won't hurt"

I'm already looking forward to downloading and never playing most of these.

Excellent job on the Blink Bundles thus far as I've been really impressed with both. Just picked up BB#2.

I love the fact these games are all available on Steam today, fresh to the bundle scene (excluding those that were in greenlight bundles), and are quality games as well. That has a ton of appeal for me personally as a bundle buyer. I don't necessarily mind the Steam greenlight approach other bundle sites take, but there's never a guarantee they'll be released on Steam or you'll get a key when they do. Blink Bundle like Humble Bundle makes it easy, for that I'd like to thank you. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for the future Blink Bundles!

Excellent job on the Blink Bundles thus far as I've been really impressed with both. Just picked up BB#2.

I love the fact these games are all available on Steam today, fresh to the bundle scene (excluding those that were in greenlight bundles), and are quality games as well. That has a ton of appeal for me personally as a bundle buyer. I don't necessarily mind the Steam greenlight approach other bundle sites take, but there's never a guarantee they'll be released on Steam or you'll get a key when they do. Blink Bundle like Humble Bundle makes it easy, for that I'd like to thank you. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for the future Blink Bundles!
Thanks for the comment. When we first planned this we intended on the bundle being Steam only (though possibly offering DRM-free options as an alternative to the key that is included as well). I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm one of those people that likes to see everything on one platform myself.

I friended him. At least I think I did. :whistle2:o I think all of us crusty war weathered buy every bundle ever (almost) old timers should become his friend so he has a better idea of what bundle buyers own, or at least more people who own everything bundled and not lightweights among his Steam friends. ;)

I think all of us crusty war weathered buy every bundle ever (almost) old timers should become his friend so he has a better idea of what bundle buyers own, or at least more people who own everything bundled and not lightweights among his Steam friends. ;)
Sounds good to me :p

Since I'm not going to stalk him: http://steamcommunity.com/id/detruire/

I friended him. At least I think I did. :whistle2:o I think all of us crusty war weathered buy every bundle ever (almost) old timers should become his friend so he has a better idea of what bundle buyers own, or at least more people who own everything bundled and not lightweights among his Steam friends. ;)
I don't think you did.

It probably would be easier if people just linked their profiles and I'll add them. I ignore most friend requests, since I get 50+ a week from also being the moderator of Playblink. And now developers are adding me too. Hard to sort through it all.

Just don't be offended if I don't respond to messages. I prefer the forum & public chat format for communications, since it's more instantly widespread. Talking to people one on one online can take a lot of time that I don't really have :p

I don't think you did.

It probably would be easier if people just linked their profiles and I'll add them. I ignore most friend requests, since I get 50+ a week from also being the moderator of Playblink. And now developers are adding me too. Hard to sort through it all.

Just don't be offended if I don't respond to messages. I prefer the forum & public chat format for communications, since it's more instantly widespread. Talking to people one on one online can take a lot of time that I don't really have :p
so is the bonus i have or no ?

Congrats on the continued success of your Blink bundles, Casey!

Trying to figure out the games included by the teaser images you released the day before was a lot of fun and sparked lots of interest in the community.  Any chance you'll leak the bonus games (and future bundles) in a similar way?

Congrats on the continued success of your Blink bundles, Casey!

Trying to figure out the games included by the teaser images you released the day before was a lot of fun and sparked lots of interest in the community. Any chance you'll leak the bonus games (and future bundles) in a similar way?
I'd say 90% likely we'll do similar in future bundles. We found it a lot of fun to read through all the guesses. And Jim had fun including a couple in there that were sadistic. I'm not sure if we'd do the same for the unlocks though, since a guessing game with 1-2 games isn't that much fun. Plus we might unlock games early. You never know.

But for those people trying to guess randomly based on drastic sales...that might not be the best approach. The tier 1 unlock is a perfect example of a hidden gem.

I don't think you did.

Same here I totally understand that I prefer public chat too. I've had my account since September 24,2011 but did not start buying until early June 2012 (with the Humble Bundle either 4 or 5) and slowly creeping up to 1,400 games now. I generally buy every bundle so as long as 2 or 3 games I don't own or aren't repeats and try to justify the cost splitting it among those games. In both Blink bundles I owned almost none of the games that is wonderful. I greatly appreciate the effort you put into the bundles and communicating here on the forums. http://steamcommunity.com/id/MulderYuffie/

Same here I totally understand that I prefer public chat too. I've had my account since September 24,2011 but did not start buying until early June 2012 (with the Humble Bundle either 4 or 5) and slowly creeping up to 1,400 games now. I generally buy every bundle so as long as 2 or 3 games I don't own or aren't repeats and try to justify the cost splitting it among those games. In both Blink bundles I owned almost none of the games that is wonderful. I greatly appreciate the effort you put into the bundles and communicating here on the forums. http://steamcommunity.com/id/MulderYuffie/
I was playing WoW hardcore (24 Level 85 hunters - 40+ level 85s at the time of quitting) for years before joining Steam in 2012, so I missed a lot of the early bundles personally.

Figure this would be a good time to explain our approach to bundling outside the friends list thing. The whole repeat thing comes up a ton.

I thought balancing would be fairly simple, but it really isn't. If a bundler looks at it purely as tossing games aside because they have been in a bundle, then they're going to hurt their bundle short and long term. A bundler has to look at the bundles they've been in. That's why I use my friends list. One of our biggest hits from BB#1 was I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. That was in a Vodo bundle around a month prior. But it wasn't a bundle that really had wide appeal to gamers. So it still ended up becoming a major success for us.

I think Little Racers STREET is another example from BB#2. That was in 3 smaller bundles prior to Steam release. At least 2 provided Steam keys. But that title has been one of the most talked about for us in this bundle. Same with King Arthur's Gold. I buy all of these smaller offshoot bundles, but the majority don't. So if you throw these games aside because they were part of it you're hurting your business, and failing to acknowledge some really deserving developers out there. It also puts yourself in a pretty horrible position, since those Desura and Greenlight bundles may not have wide appeal, but a lot of games become involved in them. You're drastically reducing the amount of newer games added to Steam that you can contact.

What I will say is that we will always try to avoid including games that were in the major bundles. Even more so with games that have been involved in over the top sales gimmicks, since thousands of keys float around for months after the bundle ends. We did drop negotiating with a couple games the week prior to BB#1 launch because we saw them added to another bundle before us. We actually have an exclusivity clause in our bundle agreement. The moment they sign until the end of our bundle they can't bundle with another. And we haven't received a single complaint about this approach. I think developers more and more are learning that not spacing out is a bad idea.

How do you tell the "success" of a particular game in a bundle? Or are you just basing that on what people talk about and less on numbers?

How do you tell the "success" of a particular game in a bundle? Or are you just basing that on what people talk about and less on numbers?
A few different things. We can analyse how much the assorted games are talked about. I do that a lot. We can also look at which games are redeemed more than others. Games that have more limited appeal we will see higher rates of them being donated through the keydrop system. The same goes for games that are more widely owned.

I don't think you did.

Now I wonder who Motoki friended.
I think he just denied my request (how rude! :p) and I never noticed.

I'm not much for jibber jabbering in chat windows anyway, I mostly just want to make sure the sample of 'what do bundle owners have?' take into account more of us who buy most bundles even obscure ones.

Anyway http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikeoliva/

I think he just denied my request (how rude! :p) and I never noticed.

I'm not much for jibber jabbering in chat windows anyway, I mostly just want to make sure the sample of 'what do bundle owners have?' take into account more of us who buy most bundles even obscure ones.

Anyway http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikeoliva/
I haven't denied any request in the past couple days. I tend to ignore them for a while and let them build up, and then deal with them. It was either a glitch or you added a random :p

Always nice to have another rep in the community. Welcome!

With the onrushing flood of new bundlesites, I tend to wait for a second or third offering while they iron out flaws (or simply disappear). All those voices shouting weren't able to keep me away from the first two Blink bundles though. Great job! And thanks for that little bit of info regarding what gets doled out to the devs. With all of the varied pricing schemes, i'm never sure of what fraction of my couple bucks actually trickles down.

I'd say 90% likely we'll do similar in future bundles. We found it a lot of fun to read through all the guesses. And Jim had fun including a couple in there that were sadistic. I'm not sure if we'd do the same for the unlocks though, since a guessing game with 1-2 games isn't that much fun. Plus we might unlock games early. You never know.
Never underestimate what might be considered "fun" around here.

bread's done
Back