Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

ninjatuned

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Kmart, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select new titles, including: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vicks']That is says when someone has a promotional credit from buying a game or something of the sort...[/QUOTE]

Damn too good to be true..

Thanks

It's true. Heres the details:
Special Offers and Product Promotions

Platform: Xbox 360
  • Save 50% each on Qualifying Items offered by Amazon.com when you purchase 2 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)

what are the chances of them adding saints row 3 and assassin rev-since you could basically order them now and get the preorder bonuses and just then have customer service price adjust the b1g1 half off price.

i think this happened with uncharted 3 on the b2g1.

Like I said before I don't have any credit. I used what I had on MW3. I tried to buy Halo CEA and Skyrim too but no $20 promotion was applied when I checked out.

Amazon's sales have been pretty sub par this year, so I think the likelihood of them adding new titles that people will buy at 60 dollars without any incentive is pretty low. I'd love it if they added Saints Row and Assassin's Creed but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll be happy if they do though!

To each their own, but I personally don't see how BOBO 50% is ever a good deal. Regardless of your using credit or gift cards, it works out to around $45 per game. Some games have come with $20 credits (though much more rare this year than last) and many games have hit the $40 mark within weeks of release.

I'm still holding out til I can get Skyrim and AC:R for $40 or less, each.

[quote name='bgame2']Inframidi, go to an MP3 and click on the redeem promotion balance link, it will tell you what's in your account already. I think the other guys are right. You have a promo credit you weren't aware of.[/QUOTE]

AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$49.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$45.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$0.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$45.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$0.00

I've never seen this page before. What does this mean?

Okay apparently I have credit I didn't know about. Pretty weird because I've always used my credit on consecutive games. And I just recently bought MW3 for $40 from Amazon after using $20 credit but MW3 didn't have any $20 promos attached to it this year.

[quote name='Inframidi']AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$49.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$45.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$0.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$45.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$0.00

I've never seen this page before. What does this mean?[/QUOTE]

It just tells you what credit you have and where you can use them. You have 49.00 in Amazon Mp3 but you can only use it for amazon mp3s and nothing else. Likewise for the others unless it says Amazon giftcard.

$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$49.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$45.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$0.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$45.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$0.00

That's the breakdown of credit you have for the different depts. on Amazon.

Share the wealth with your video games, instant video, and mp3 credit :)

I already pre-ordered Assassin's Creed from Amazon, if they add it to this list tomorrow you bet I am gonna contact them about getting another game for 50% off (Saint's Row 3, if it is added to the list of course).

Overall I find it rather shady to start a deal on a game the day it comes out and not extent it to people who already pre-ordered the game. Granted this is all moot if ACR and SR3 are not added to the list.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']It just tells you what credit you have and where you can use them. You have 49.00 in Amazon Mp3 but you can only use it for amazon mp3s and nothing else. Likewise for the others unless it says Amazon giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Mostly untrue. He has a $45 gaming/video credit and $4 specifically for MP3. Each entry does not mean an additional amount.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']It just tells you what credit you have and where you can use them. You have 49.00 in Amazon Mp3 but you can only use it for amazon mp3s and nothing else. Likewise for the others unless it says Amazon giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Mostly untrue. He is a general $45 credit and $4 specifically for MP3. Each entry does not mean an additional amount.

This isn't a bad deal at all, but after last week's Kmart deal, it's better to buy from them. $40 for two brand new games beats $90.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This isn't a bad deal at all, but after last week's Kmart deal, it's better to buy from them. $40 for two brand new games beats $90.[/QUOTE]

Not if you already have credit with Amazon.

idk if this has been clarified yet... but i just got mw3 (360) and skyrim (360) and this is the total

Item(s) Subtotal: $117.98
Shipping & Handling: $5.48
Promotion Applied -20.00
Super Saver Discount -5.48
Promotion Applied -31.01
Promotion Applied -29.00
Total Before Tax:$37.97
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:$3.37
Grand Total:$41.34

right before i bought it, i switched in arkham city (ps3) for skyrim and the 29.00 promotion wasn't there it was only the -20.00 and the -31.01. The 20.00 seems to be credit i already had and the 31.01 is the b1g1 50% but idk what the 29.00 is. I'm not complaining :)

$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$49.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$45.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$0.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$45.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$0.00

Be careful with this...this page confuses lots of people. It looks like you have $45 in software/games credit, and $4 in MP3 credit (i think you can use software credit on mp3s too). some people have seen this as having credit in multiple categories and have blown their credit, only to realize that the page shows what you can use your credit for...not necessarily the total for each category.

that is. you have $45 in games type credit, and $4 in mp3 credit, not $45 in games, $49 in mp3, etc.

[quote name='weez3ddo']

right before i bought it, i switched in arkham city (ps3) for skyrim and the 29.00 promotion wasn't there it was only the -20.00 and the -31.01. The 20.00 seems to be credit i already had and the 31.01 is the b1g1 50% but idk what the 29.00 is. I'm not complaining :)[/QUOTE]

The $29 is the B1G1 50% off.

Won't let me use $45 credit on any games, only $20.00. Also thought it could possible be the $25 off toward X-box Live MW3 was giving out, but after I added just the card at checkout, no promotion was applied. WTF??

Actually the $45 from the video games is included in the mp3 amount. I had this "issue" with Amazon too. I bought an album for $9 thinking the mp3 and video game credit was all separate but it's actually the same thing (or was for me). So when I bought a game using the credit then a digital album, it was charged because the credit to the game so I had $0. The only difference I see with yours is your mp3 amount is $49 and games is $45. So therefore I presume you have $4 that is mp3 only and the rest ($45) is the same $45 you see in all the "boxes". I personally hate how Amazon does this as to me it misrepresented how much credit I actually had. Given that here was different boxes for each category I thought they were all different.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']Be careful with this...this page confuses lots of people. It looks like you have $45 in software/games credit, and $4 in MP3 credit (i think you can use software credit on mp3s too). some people have seen this as having credit in multiple categories and have blown their credit, only to realize that the page shows what you can use your credit for...not necessarily the total for each category.

that is. you have $45 in games type credit, and $4 in mp3 credit, not $45 in games, $49 in mp3, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they really need to change this set up. I hate it.

[quote name='Muthafodder']The $29 is the B1G1 50% off.[/QUOTE]

hm you're right. so wth is the other amount... ah well watever

I love this because I am able to get Skyrim for the PC and something else half off! Does anyone know if Saints Row will be included in this once it comes out?

If this had MGS: HD and super mario land 3D on the sale I'd totally bite. Unfortunately the only game on there I want is Batman Arkham City and I'm waiting for that to come out on the PC.

[quote name='pedrobeara']link to the promo?[/QUOTE]
Not out there yet. My guess is that they're waiting till at least tomorrow for Assassin's Creed and Saints Row to drop before they fully acknowledge the deal and add the aforementioned games to said deal.

It just doesn't pay sometimes to pre-order. I waited on MW3 on 360 and Skyrim on PS3. Got MW3 from Buy.com for $35 (also the $20 credit I have there now). And I got Skyrim at TRU for $40 with the $20 gift card now burning a hole in my pocket. I bought Rage, Resistance 3 and Goldeneye, all PS3, at Target when they had the B2G1 sale. So, $40 for each game.

Oh, and I bought MW3 and Skyrim on their release dates. If you buy stuff from Buy.com, they have been offering extra points for future purchases. I just ordered, thanks to another CAG, Halo Anniversary for $37, with a $10 credit, so my cost is $27.

I'm wondering, kmart is having this sale before black friday and they will have non of these games on sale during bf. Is this a sign that it will be the same for amazon ?

K-mart shop your way rewards: 10 Points for every $1 spent. So $100 spent = $10 off next purchase, but items are taxed.
Skyrim and mw3 =$89.98 + 7% tax = $96.27 with $8.98 credit coward future purchase due to shop your way rewards.

Total value = 87.29

Amazon credit card only gives 3% back. So $100 spent = only $3 back....but free shipping with amazon prime. Skyrim and mw3 = $88.89 out the door, with $2.66 future credit due to to the amazon cc.

Total value = $86.23

I'd rather pay the extra $1 and buy from Kmart on my way back from work then have to wait for shipping.

Good deal from Amazon for those not near a K-mart, but it's basically a wash. Maybe if Amazon would keep the mw3 game at $52 like it was last week instead of jacking the price back up......

If I were you guys I would pass on this deal. Every new release aside from MW3 and Skyrim are $27 - $35 and all the deals haven't even been leaked yet.

WTF. When I ordered BF3 they sent me code for the $20 promo. I had pre-ordered Halo:Anniversary and I used the code to get it for $19.99. Decided to cancel the order but now the $20 promo is not in my account AND the code said it was redeemed already. What is the best course of action? Will they issue me a new code or am I out of luck?

Thanks OP.

I already locked in MW3 for a $35 trade-in which basically means that I'm getting Skyrim for $54 and playing MW3 for free for a week (which is all I need considering I'm SP only).

To those that are getting Skyrim and Arkham City: have fun! You're getting literally hundreds of hours of gameplay for ~$90.

[quote name='cancerman1120']WTF. When I ordered BF3 they sent me code for the $20 promo. I had pre-ordered Halo:Anniversary and I used the code to get it for $19.99. Decided to cancel the order but now the $20 promo is not in my account AND the code said it was redeemed already. What is the best course of action? Will they issue me a new code or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

Of course they will. Call them and they will sort it out for you.

Um you don't get 10% back, you get 1% back. I have 11,904 points, and that is $11.90 in credit. That means that it is 1,000 points for every $1. That means every $100 you get $1.

bread's done
Back