Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

ninjatuned

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Kmart, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select new titles, including: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']WTF. When I ordered BF3 they sent me code for the $20 promo. I had pre-ordered Halo:Anniversary and I used the code to get it for $19.99. Decided to cancel the order but now the $20 promo is not in my account AND the code said it was redeemed already. What is the best course of action? Will they issue me a new code or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

Just email customer service. They'll probably give you another $5 credit for the hassle. They are very good with handling issues like this.

[quote name='wargod']K-mart shop your way rewards: 10 Points for every $1 spent. So $100 spent = $10 off next purchase, but items are taxed.
Skyrim and mw3 =$89.98 + 7% tax = $96.27 with $8.98 credit coward future purchase due to shop your way rewards.

Total value = 87.29

Amazon credit card only gives 3% back. So $100 spent = only $3 back....but free shipping with amazon prime. Skyrim and mw3 = $88.89 out the door, with $2.66 future credit due to to the amazon cc.

Total value = $86.23

I'd rather pay the extra $1 and buy from Kmart on my way back from work then have to wait for shipping.

Good deal from Amazon for those not near a K-mart, but it's basically a wash. Maybe if Amazon would keep the mw3 game at $52 like it was last week instead of jacking the price back up......[/QUOTE]

Um you don't get 10% back, you get 1% back. I have 11,904 points, and that is $11.90 in credit. That means that it is 1,000 points for every $1. That means every $100 you get $1.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um you don't get 10% back, you get 1% back. I have 11,904 points, and that is $11.90 in credit. That means that it is 1,000 points for every $1. That means every $100 you get $1.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I've spent $140 at K-mart total in the past 2 weeks and I had exactly $11.40 in credit, which I've successfully used with no problems.

EDIT: You are correct. Apparently I got 10,000 bonus points during those purchases due to a special promo.

[quote name='Lucky13']Of course they will. Call them and they will sort it out for you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wargod']Just email customer service. They'll probably give you another $5 credit for the hassle. They are very good with handling issues like this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Wish I didnt buy MW3 last week at 51.

Check that, wish I didnt spend a dime on it. Was hating on the game for being copy/paste, but reviews were all in the 9s! Activision really must have paid people off or threatened to withhold content from them...

MW3 is copy/paste but it's still solid. You should be expecting the copy/paste by now. Hell, when Blops still had all the same stuff, you should have been DEFINITELY prepared.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim + Batman: Arkham City = $114.95 - $27.48 = $87.47 / 2 = $43.73.

I'll probably wait until Black Friday for somewhere around $30~$35 each...

One thing they are promoting for play of mw3 to give it a less copy and paste feel is to wear a mw3 shirt while stuffing your face with mw3 doritos and mw3 mountain dew to get 2x experience (visit www.dewxp.com for more details) Doing all three while riding shotgun in the "official" mw3 jeep heightens the gaming experience also to give it less of a copy and paste feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMRBKxeuXTg

[quote name='wargod']One thing they are promoting for play of mw3 to give it a less copy and paste feel is to wear a mw3 shirt while stuffing your face with mw3 doritos and mw3 mountain dew to get 2x experience (visit www.dewxp.com for more details) Doing all three while riding shotgun in the "official" mw3 jeep heightens the gaming experience also to give it less of a copy and paste feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMRBKxeuXTg[/QUOTE]

Trying to not rain on the COD hate parade :) but the survival mode (their copy of Horde) is actually quite fun. Even done solo it got my heart pumping and the leveling system rewards you for sticking with it.

Well I did an online chat with the Amazon rep about my missing BF3 promo. It appears that they gave me $20 for everything (Apps, MP3, Video Games, Video games, Kindle) which would be $100 worth of credit...hmm my morality meter is buzzing right now...do I keep my mouth shut?

When did Amazon start adding promo credit in the confirmation page. You used to be able to select whether to use the promo or not.

[quote name='wargod']K-mart shop your way rewards: 10 Points for every $1 spent. So $100 spent = $10 off next purchase, but items are taxed.
Skyrim and mw3 =$89.98 + 7% tax = $96.27 with $8.98 credit coward future purchase due to shop your way rewards.

Total value = 87.29

Amazon credit card only gives 3% back. So $100 spent = only $3 back....but free shipping with amazon prime. Skyrim and mw3 = $88.89 out the door, with $2.66 future credit due to to the amazon cc.

Total value = $86.23

I'd rather pay the extra $1 and buy from Kmart on my way back from work then have to wait for shipping.

Good deal from Amazon for those not near a K-mart, but it's basically a wash. Maybe if Amazon would keep the mw3 game at $52 like it was last week instead of jacking the price back up......[/QUOTE]

I have 8.75% sales tax here, plus I really don't want to deal with K-Mart again.

[quote name='cancerman1120']When did Amazon start adding promo credit in the confirmation page. You used to be able to select whether to use the promo or not.[/QUOTE]

You could select if you want to use gift card credit under payment, but I always remembered promo credit automatically adding.

[quote name='RollingSkull']MW3 is copy/paste but it's still solid. You should be expecting the copy/paste by now. Hell, when Blops still had all the same stuff, you should have been DEFINITELY prepared.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely more of the same, but most sequels are. People are just complaining about CoD because it's crazy popular and successful.

[quote name='cancerman1120']When did Amazon start adding promo credit in the confirmation page. You used to be able to select whether to use the promo or not.[/QUOTE]

You can

Edit Payment>Uncheck promotional credit

Though it lumps gift cards and account credits together so its all or nothing

It is taking a LOT of willpower to not pull the trigger on Skyrim+Arkham City, especially since I could use Prime to one-day them to me on the cheap.

Still, let's see what Black Friday brings... although I sincerely doubt that console versions of Skyrim are going to be discounted very much.

The ads are mostly already posted for BF.

Skyrim looks to be a pretty safe buy. I haven't noticed any noticeable sales on it anyways.

[quote name='Inframidi']Like I said before I don't have any credit. I used what I had on MW3. I tried to buy Halo CEA and Skyrim too but no $20 promotion was applied when I checked out.[/QUOTE]

So what games did you add? For what systems as well?

Awesome deal!

MW3 - X360
Skyrim - PS3

Total $51 after $66 on promo credit! ($29 from this deal and $37 from trade ins!)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This isn't a bad deal at all, but after last week's Kmart deal, it's better to buy from them. $40 for two brand new games beats $90.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's pretty weak in general unless you want MW3 and Skyrim. Most other games will be $30-$35 during Bf sales.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim + Batman: Arkham City = $114.95 - $27.48 = $87.47 / 2 = $43.73.

I'll probably wait until Black Friday for somewhere around $30~$35 each...[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look there will be any good deals on Skyrim, but you can definitely grab Batman AC for $30 during BF.

I jumped on CoD 3 and Skyrim as fast as I could. It doesn't look like those specific titles will be going on sale at all before Christmas. I suspect the only other way to get a deal on them would be to hold out for another buy 2 get 1 free which will probably happen sometime in December but those are the only two I want.

Apparently the wording on the website is save 50% on each title, and the people at SD are contacting reps to get partial refunds to honor the exact wording.

[quote name='CaseX']To each their own, but I personally don't see how BOBO 50% is ever a good deal. Regardless of your using credit or gift cards, it works out to around $45 per game. Some games have come with $20 credits (though much more rare this year than last) and many games have hit the $40 mark within weeks of release.

I'm still holding out til I can get Skyrim and AC:R for $40 or less, each.[/QUOTE]
If you check the black Friday deals thread, you'll find AC:R for $35 at Best Buy.

[quote name='blindinglights']Apparently the wording on the website is save 50% on each title, and the people at SD are contacting reps to get partial refunds to honor the exact wording.[/QUOTE]

Never change SD, even though on the main page it says: On the final checkout page, we will discount the lowest-priced item by 50%. A promotion credit for 50% off the lowest-priced item will appear in the upper right corner of your Order Summary during the checkout process.

Bunch of skumbags

It also states on the page:

Special Offers and Product Promotions
Edition: Standard
Save 50% each on Qualifying Items offered by Amazon.com when you purchase 2 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='kalel603']It also states on the page:

Save 50% each on Qualifying Items offered by Amazon.com when you purchase 2 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)[/QUOTE]

Those SD people who are going after 50% on each should get it but they'll also likely have their Amazon accounts banned if not after this then shortly thereafter. Amazon doesn't mess around when it comes to people constantly having "issues" like this.

[quote name='Lucky13']Those SD people who are going after 50% on each should get it but they'll also likely have their Amazon accounts banned if not after this then shortly thereafter. Amazon doesn't mess around when it comes to people constantly having "issues" like this.[/QUOTE]
True. Honestly I'd do it if I hadn't done way too much like that before but they will ban you for too much crap like that.

In for Uncharted and MW3, came to $76.53 after deal and a $10 skyrim credit I had on the account. I would have waited for BF but with CA tax and gas running to brick and mortar stores amidst throngs of sweaty gamers it just didn't seem worth it versus Amazon's deal. Now all that's left on my hitlist is Assassin's Creed, and there's always BB for $35 on BF for that if nothing better pops in the meantime. Thanks for the tip OP!

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Man, if Amazon adds in Saints Row 3 and Rayman tomorrow, I'll definitely be placing an order. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]
That would be very unfair to everyone who pre-ordered it like me.... I ordered Saints Row and Halo from them.

Am I the only one who tried to do a 2-pack deal? Me and a friend were going to use this to buy two copies of Skyrim but there's a magical 1-per-customer restriction on Skyrim. Sales rep wouldn't do anything about it despite the fact that there's no such thing stated either in the product or the promo description.

Starting to dislike Amazon more and more. This is like the third time they annoy me this year.

Gah. SR3 for $40 on PC is probably a better deal but... ... I want Skyrim and Goldeneye but Goldeneye is Activision's unloved child. It will probably drop...

Maybe Rayman and Ass Creed tomorrow? Hrm

Looks like they fixed the wording to "Save 50% on the lowest Qualifying Item..." so no more whining about the "each" wording.

Anyway, picked up Skyrim and MW3.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']That would be very unfair to everyone who pre-ordered it like me.... I ordered Saints Row and Halo from them.[/QUOTE]

It seems like they have been waiting to match existing deals until wednesday or thursday all fall, making customers who pre-ordered have to fight for the discounts that everyone else is getting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Saints Row and Halo added to the B1G1 50% off deal and Mario 3D added to the nintendo B1G1 40% off.

bread's done
Back